Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641974 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485330 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Sera, I've prayed on it for some time and even talked to my priest. Charity above all. I will fail at that occasionally, but not nearly as often as before. May God bless you and Nick.
Thanks,for that praying on that subject ..And person. Bihar tried for months,ignoring her ..then it gets,worse or my friends,insulted .
Anyway..I pray for her and my anger ..myself

I know,I can be,stubborn ..And have opinions,...And some sarcasm.

But I respect you a lot . I DO NOT HATE THE CHURCH..

I have doubts,about the Church I was a child in..and what has Bern done in the past ...But I BELIEVE many CATHOLICS love Jesus,as much as,I do .

I try NEVER to personally insult anyone ...on this board or any other .
Certain people think I should ..

Any way you've Bern patient and respectful ..even though..I'm not THAT
old,..Lol.

PEACE

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#485331 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
3. you said "The Bible manifests itself as the word of God by its claim".
The theologians in Catholicism taught that the words in the bible are of god.

But no god ever wrote a human word. Only men in all religions wrote words and more and more words.

It sounds more HOLY to claim the bible is the WORD of god ... doesn't it???

Those theologians were crafty indeed!

Prince George, Canada

#485332 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
JESUS SAID
Do you believe that if Jesus could speak to now ... friend to friend ... that he would want you to be a Catholic like the pope, a Protestant like Martin Luther ... OR ... a Jew, like his self???

You can play the ignorant game until you die, if that is your wish.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#485333 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
JESUS SAID
Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
THE WORD OF GOD IS NOT SUBJECT TO YOUR CONCEPTS.
Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the
truth,(DEFINED IN GREEK )
G225
&#945;&#787;&#955; &#951;&#769;&#952; &#949;&#953;&#945;
ale&#772;theia
al-ay'-thi-a
From G227; truth:- true, X truly, truth, verity.
and the truth shall make you
free.(DEFINED IN GREEK)
G1659
&#949;&#787;&#955; &#949;&#965;&#952; &#949;&#961;&#959; &#769;&#969;
eleutheroo&#772;
el-yoo-ther-o'-o
From G1658; to liberate, that is,(figuratively) to exempt (from moral, ceremonial or mortal liability):- deliver, make free.
THE TRUTH FROM GOD'S WORD MAKES YOU FREE AS YOU OBEY IT...

THIS CANNOT BE SAID OF ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS...EVER WRITTEN

RELIGIOUS OR OTHERWISE...

JESUS SAID,,,

Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev_22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments,

that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through

the gates into the city.

Prince George, Canada

#485334 Oct 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand.
Gnostic was given to a group of men by the early "Church Fathers" because of the root word "gnosis" - meaning knowledge.
From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

Gnosticism is a passionate protest against the idea that existence is good. It is governed by a deep pessimism, which stood in opposition to the world view of late Antiquity. It is true that the Greeks were familiar with the deprecation of matter—talk about the body as the prison of the soul goes back to Plato (Gorgias 493 A)—but the cosmos (= beauty and order, cf.“cosmetics”) was a unified, graduated structure from bottom to top without a break between matter and spirit. The demonization of all corporality and all matter was unknown before the invasion of Gnosticism. This invasion of negation was so powerful that it proved capable of transforming Antiquity’s feelings for life.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#485336 Oct 26, 2013
Wildcat wrote:
The RCC was the beginning of the Apostasy away from the Truth of God....
So the Hebrew god is the one true god?

Prince George, Canada

#485337 Oct 26, 2013
Theologians in all religions were nutcases, writing as though gods were speaking to them.

That is HOW they earned their livings. Someone should have taken their pens away from them and given them a "time OUT!"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

”Philo, who thought like a Greek about many things, was altogether Jewish in his aversion of homosexuality:“One must proceed ruthlessly against these men, in accordance with the prescription of the Law, that the effeminate man, who falsifies the stamp of nature, should be killed without hesitation, and should not be allowed to live a day, indeed not for an hour, since he shames himself, his house, his fatherland, and the whole human race … because he pursues unnatural pleasure and for his part works toward the desolation and depopulation of the cities … when he destroys his seed”(On the Individual Laws 3, 37-42).

Prince George, Canada

#485338 Oct 26, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Hebrew god is the one true god?
Hebrews at one time believed in multiple gods.

Religion has a long, ever-warping history.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485339 Oct 26, 2013
Luke 24:44

44 He said to them,“This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

<<<<<Jesus here places His stamp of approval on the Hebrew canon.>>>>>
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#485340 Oct 26, 2013
Wildcat wrote:
The RCC was the beginning of the Apostasy away from the Truth of God.The RCC has been the church that Satan has used to teach his doctrines to usurp the position of Jesus. Jesus is still prayed to etc, but the truth of Gods Word has been subverted, twisted as it were to teach other things and then have the translators, influenced by his ideas..It's already written in their translation, just like the JW who have changed the word of God to line up with their ideology.
It was the first church,[RCC] i grant you that but their twisting scripture to suit their teachings was the reason the protesters in the 16-19th century rebelled by forming their own ideology and building their theology and creating new churches. This as you know was the start of the Protestant reforming the Holy Bible to their ideology..
Why is the Catholic Church called 'Roman' by Protestants?
ewtn.com/faith/teachings/churb3.htm

Why do we have a Pope?
youtube.com/watch...

What came first, the Church or the Bible?
youtube.com/watch...

other interesting info:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church

wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485341 Oct 26, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"
I understand. Since there has been no positive identification of any dated writing, it is all speculation, and may remain that way. If there were any, they were most likely destroyed or hidden.
IMO ...anything affecting state would have been recorded somewhere(especially the Romans). Even the Hebrew state recorded such occurrences. Where are they? We have records of far less important and trivial things by both.
----------
"There is nothing new under the sun." Enemies of God and people have worked to erase truth since the beginning. In the past several years American history has been 'altered'. We are told that this was never a Christian nation. Our textbooks have been re-written to deny the Christianity of our founding fathers, and to include Islam as having great influence in the development of this nation.
In the same way, important works of history have been altered or destroyed. Islam has burned whole libraries of Christian and Jewish history.
This is why we need to let the Bible be our anchor. The writers do not speak of some great past (except when telling Israels history), they speak of current events. Paul asks that his scrolls and clothing be brought to him (not WAS brought to him). Peter tells that some of the 500 who observed Jesus' ascension ARE STILL WITH US.
The Bible is trustworthy...
KayMarie
And though by God's,Grace many got out of Jerusalem...And even Judea,..

We have no idea,what was burned in the ruins of Jerusalem.

I've heard that Hitler denied that Jesus was even Jewish ...

Histories,sorry excuse for persecution ..Jews killed Jesus .

I did not know that school books,contained anything regarding Muslims
Being prominent here .

It's clear that CHRISTIANS settled this country ...in great numbers .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_olde...

This is,a,list if old Churches THAT are still existent ...not even counting those small buildings and large that have been torn down .

I'm sure there are old synagogues also ...not heard of old Old mosques .

Fact is RELIGIUIS,FREEDOM was important to tell Early Americans,

#485342 Oct 26, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
And may the ones who god doesn't bless enjoy their eternity with the devil ... RIGHT???
That is the Christian message!!!
Sickening!

----------
You are welcome to spend your eternity with Hitler and Jeffrey Dahmer, and such like if you wish.(I hope you don't, but it's your choice.)

KM

Prince George, Canada

#485343 Oct 26, 2013

Augustine was so fixated on the damnation of unbaptized children that one of his opponents, Bishop Julian of Eclanum, a Pelagian, sharply attacked him:“Augustine, you are far removed from religious feelings, from civilized thinking, indeed from healthy common sense, if you think that your God is capable of committing crimes against justice that are scarcely imaginable even for barbarians.” Julian called Augusine’s God “a persecutor of infants, who throws tiny babies into the eternal fire”(Augustine, Against Julian I, 48).
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485344 Oct 26, 2013
John 15:20

20 Remember what I told you:‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my TEACHING, they will obey yours also.

If Jesus accepted the Hebrew concept of canon, who are we to go beyond that??????????

#485345 Oct 26, 2013
[="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
You are as nasty as the first Catholics that claimed Jesus was speaking in FIRST person.
Not one word did a man named Jesus write anywhere on earth ... EVER!
I suggest you stop lying.

----------
"Amen", says Hitler...

KM

Prince George, Canada

#485346 Oct 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
Luke 24:44
44 He said to them,“This is what I told you while I was still with you:
Catholic theologians were masters at creating illusions in YOUR brain.

Do you believe that (within the Abrahamic theology) Jesus would want you to be a Catholic, a Protestant, a Muslim ... or a Jew???

Prince George, Canada

#485347 Oct 26, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
And may the ones who god doesn't bless enjoy their eternity with the devil ... RIGHT???
Sickening!
----------
You are welcome to spend your eternity with Hitler and Jeffrey Dahmer, and such like if you wish.(I hope you don't, but it's your choice.)
KM
You ignored my question to you AGAIN.

Within the Abrahamic theology ... do you believe that Jesus would want you to be a Catholic, a Protestant, a Muslim ... or a Jew???

That's a simple question.

I would suggest ... a Jew ... wouldn't YOU?

Prince George, Canada

#485348 Oct 26, 2013
[QUOTE who="confrinting with the word"Amen", says Hitler...
KM[/QUOTE]

AWWW now that's not nice.

I don't call you a Hitler for believing others will spend eternity in hell.

I'm trying to have a simple discussion with you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485349 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sickening!
Oh please,..no one,wants,any one,lost .

God,judges,..not us,..we,will be judged by what we knew,...

He,wants,our,Love ..

It's,His,heaven ..He has,given us,THIS,world ..

He,freely gives,Grace ..creating Faith within our souls.

So that we can be His,children in Heaven .....

Why HE desires the company of humans,..I have no idea,

BY FAITH ..I believe He,does.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485350 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignored my question to you AGAIN.
Within the Abrahamic theology ... do you believe that Jesus would want you to be a Catholic, a Protestant, a Muslim ... or a Jew???
That's a simple question.
I would suggest ... a Jew ... wouldn't YOU?
Gentile!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Married in 10,110
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 55
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web