Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690636 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485344 Oct 26, 2013
John 15:20

20 Remember what I told you:‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my TEACHING, they will obey yours also.

If Jesus accepted the Hebrew concept of canon, who are we to go beyond that??????????

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#485345 Oct 26, 2013
[="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
You are as nasty as the first Catholics that claimed Jesus was speaking in FIRST person.
Not one word did a man named Jesus write anywhere on earth ... EVER!
I suggest you stop lying.

----------
"Amen", says Hitler...

KM
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#485346 Oct 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
Luke 24:44
44 He said to them,“This is what I told you while I was still with you:
Catholic theologians were masters at creating illusions in YOUR brain.

Do you believe that (within the Abrahamic theology) Jesus would want you to be a Catholic, a Protestant, a Muslim ... or a Jew???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485347 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
And may the ones who god doesn't bless enjoy their eternity with the devil ... RIGHT???
That is the Christian message!!!
Sickening!
----------
You are welcome to spend your eternity with Hitler and Jeffrey Dahmer, and such like if you wish.(I hope you don't, but it's your choice.)
KM
You ignored my question to you AGAIN.

Within the Abrahamic theology ... do you believe that Jesus would want you to be a Catholic, a Protestant, a Muslim ... or a Jew???

That's a simple question.

I would suggest ... a Jew ... wouldn't YOU?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485348 Oct 26, 2013
[QUOTE who="confrinting with the word"Amen", says Hitler...
KM[/QUOTE]

AWWW now that's not nice.

I don't call you a Hitler for believing others will spend eternity in hell.

I'm trying to have a simple discussion with you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485349 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And may the ones who god doesn't bless enjoy their eternity with the devil ... RIGHT???
That is the Christian message!!!
Sickening!
Oh please,..no one,wants,any one,lost .

God,judges,..not us,..we,will be judged by what we knew,...

He,wants,our,Love ..

It's,His,heaven ..He has,given us,THIS,world ..

He,freely gives,Grace ..creating Faith within our souls.

So that we can be His,children in Heaven .....

Why HE desires the company of humans,..I have no idea,

BY FAITH ..I believe He,does.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485350 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignored my question to you AGAIN.
Within the Abrahamic theology ... do you believe that Jesus would want you to be a Catholic, a Protestant, a Muslim ... or a Jew???
That's a simple question.
I would suggest ... a Jew ... wouldn't YOU?
Gentile!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485351 Oct 26, 2013
It's difficult for me to imagine that those theologians were paid a hand-some lot of money to write such ridiculous nonsense.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

The respected Parisian professor of theology Johannes Beleth (d. ca. 1165) forbade dead pregnant women to be laid out in church since their unborn children had not been baptized. Before such women could be buried in a consecrated cemetery, the child had to be cut out of their body and buried outside the cemetery.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485352 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is the Catholic Church called 'Roman' by Protestants?
ewtn.com/faith/teachings/churb3.htm
Why do we have a Pope?
youtube.com/watch...
What came first, the Church or the Bible?
youtube.com/watch...
other interesting info:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church
wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
BECAUSE,..YOUR CHURCH referred to ITSELF AS Holy Roman Catholic.
http://catecheticsonline.com/...

Question 133

Why deny it??
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485353 Oct 26, 2013
Jeremiah 36:1-8

36 In the fourth year of Jehoiakim son of Josiah king of Judah, this <WORD> came to Jeremiah from the Lord:

2 ~~~“Take a scroll and write on it all the words I have spoken to you concerning Israel, Judah and all the other nations from the time I began speaking to you in the reign of Josiah till now.~~~

3 Perhaps when the people of Judah hear about every disaster I plan to inflict on them, they will each turn from their wicked ways; then I will forgive their wickedness and their sin.”

4 So Jeremiah called Baruch son of Neriah, and while Jeremiah ~~~DICTATED~~~ all the words the Lord had spoken to him, Baruch WROTE them on the scroll.

5 Then Jeremiah told Baruch,“I am restricted; I am not allowed to go to the Lord’s temple.

6 So you go to the house of the Lord on a day of fasting and *READ* to the people from the scroll the WORDS of the Lord that you WROTE as I DICTATED. Read them to all the people of Judah who come in from their towns.

7 Perhaps they will bring their petition before the Lord and will each turn from their wicked ways, for the anger and wrath pronounced against this people by the Lord are great.”

8 Baruch son of Neriah did everything Jeremiah the prophet told him to do; at the Lord’s temple he READ the WORDS of the Lord from the scroll.

What did the prophets do???

Prophets not only SPOKE God’s Words, but like Moses they also WROTE the WORDS of God.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#485354 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
AWWW now that's not nice.
I don't call you a Hitler for believing others will spend eternity in hell.
I'm trying to have a simple discussion with you.
Simple fact:

If your sins have NOT been forgiven, you are LOST and outside of Christ Jesus....
Liam

Chicago, IL

#485355 Oct 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
John 15:20
20 Remember what I told you:‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my TEACHING, they will obey yours also.
If Jesus accepted the Hebrew concept of canon, who are we to go beyond that??????????
There was no Hebrew concept of canon around the time of Jesus. Some Jewish sects had 5 Books they considered sacred scripture. Some had Tobit and Sirach. Some didn't.
This truth alone shatters sola scripture and Protestantism crumbles. Thats why you all ignore it.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#485356 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
BECAUSE,..YOUR CHURCH referred to ITSELF AS Holy Roman Catholic.
http://catecheticsonline.com/...
Question 133
Why deny it??
The Church STILL refers to herself as Holy Roman, but only when identifying the diocese of Rome. Otherwise the correct title is Catholic. You fanatics wish to label the Church 'Roman' for reasons that are deceitful.
We went through this before and you were presented with more than enough info to educate you. I'm not sure why you're deliberately ignoring it. I don't want to start calling you Rosejg, lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485357 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE TRUTH FROM GOD'S WORD MAKES YOU FREE AS YOU OBEY IT...
THIS CANNOT BE SAID OF ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS...EVER WRITTEN
RELIGIOUS OR OTHERWISE...
JESUS SAID,,,
Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Rev_22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments,
that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through
the gates into the city.
Oldest mosque,1934 ''certainly not the early settlers,.
http://faroutliers.wordpress.com/2006/12/22/t...

#485358 Oct 26, 2013
who="BenAdam" <quoted text>
According to the Bible, God is Evil as well as Good.
That is why there were many Christian sects that adopted a Dual Deity model. That came to and end with Constantine and the Roman Chhurch's "Kill them all!" policies that lasted over 1500 years.

----------
'Kill them all' policies come from people who get self-righteous, and do not accept Jesus' teaching. He said, "LOVE YOUR ENEMIES."

KayMarie
Liam

Chicago, IL

#485359 Oct 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
Prophets not only SPOKE God’s Words, but like Moses they also WROTE the WORDS of God.
You just proved that the word of God is not confined to documented writings. So why do you only follow the written word of God and dismiss the oral word of God?(2thess 2:15)

#485360 Oct 26, 2013
who="Human Being" <quoted text>
June
Peace
Well, I forgive you, for not seeing my half a dozen posts amongst your hundreds of posts. You were awfully busy....
I am still the same, a little older on this earth.
If pain is progress, then things are moving along in my life....Hmmm, maybe winding down.
There's plenty of room and the bottom of the pile. Its very busy.
Peace

----------
Pain? Are you OK? We will pray for you...
KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485361 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church STILL refers to herself as Holy Roman, but only when identifying the diocese of Rome. Otherwise the correct title is Catholic. You fanatics wish to label the Church 'Roman' for reasons that are deceitful.
We went through this before and you were presented with more than enough info to educate you. I'm not sure why you're deliberately

ignoring it. I don't want to start calling you Rosejg, lol
Huh ..don't know what that means.

I told before ALSO ...we called the Church that had allure attributes,

As,mentioned in MY CATECHISM HOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC ....HERE in the

OLD USA ..

Two sets,of nuns...two rates,of priests,.. thousands,of miles,and ten years,apart .

Obviously you don't want to be referred to that way now .

But I know they used CATHOLUC CHURCH AND HOLY ROMAN CATHOLUC CHURCH
interchangeably .

Thats,not fanaticism ..its memory ..And obviously CATECHISM .
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485362 Oct 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Gentile!
Your avoidance to answer my question is duly noted.

Within the Abrahamic theology ... do you believe Jesus would want you to be a Catholic, a Protestant, a Muslim, or a Jew???

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485363 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no Hebrew concept of canon around the time of Jesus. Some Jewish sects had 5 Books they considered sacred scripture. Some had Tobit and Sirach. Some didn't.
This truth alone shatters sola scripture and Protestantism crumbles. Thats why you all ignore it.
So the Great Assembly was just a myth?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Married in 10,663
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web