Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654663 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#485189 Oct 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
One can't be a member of the church until they believe the Gospel, so the oral Word came first before the church.
Of course men discussed orally before they came up with their tales that they wrote and taught were based on truth.

That's been the game of religion from the get-go.

Prince George, Canada

#485190 Oct 26, 2013
Not one Christian will address that issue (within the confines of theology) that if Jesus lived he would have been faithful to what he believed was pure and unadulterated Judaism.

Not ONE!

You ignore that issue comparable to it being a plague.

What a shame that Christians are SO damned dishonest.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485191 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that ..posted this,link on John
http://coldcasechristianity.com/2013/how-coul...
JOHN MARK may have scribes for Peter .
iThey thought Jesus,coming back in their lifetime ...
I get that
If I found a great settlement on the plains ..wrote to my cousin in the East or in Norway ..I'm sure no one would see the letter centuries,later .
I know,not all could write ..BUT hose who could ..I imagine WOULD HAVe ..some of it published later ...some lost .
The Centutions ???did they write to family if touched by Jesus,..I'm sure those letters,gone with the ages,..others,punched by Him .
June and someone else saying no one,wrote a thing during His,life
There fore, He did not exist????
Do you understand,why ..I'm Sure there,WAS ..HE EXISTED ..DID MIRACLES
WAS,MESSIAH..
WE,only know of that which was,preserved ...some could have Bern incorporated later ...some lost to tell ages,..as I'm sure a,lot was,in any age,
C'mon Rose, you know very well I don't accept the idea that Jesus may not have existed because of a lack of written documents while He was here with us. You keep saying "If I was...", "I would imagine...", "I'm sure those letters....". You need to completely remove your own ideas from what the reality was in the 1st century. Even until 100 years ago, many people were still illiterate. Yes, there were some, very few, who could read and write, but we KNOW the Gospel was spread for at least the first 10 years by word of mouth.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#485192 Oct 26, 2013
'And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,'

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485193 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be really great if you could stick to responding to my post instead of always going off on another tangent. Again, the only proof of ANY letters being written were the ones St. Paul wrote about 10 years AFTER Jesus ascended. It's possible there were others, but no one speaks of them. If the apostles DID write other letters what would that mean? Do we have an incomplete canon? Did God intend for them not to be included? Do you think the bible you have contains everything God intended for us to know about Jesus?
Anthony

You asked if I BELieved the Church came first ..That WAS my thoughts about CHURCH ...And what HIS,CHURCH was us and was not ..And is todAy

AND,yes I believe the Canon to be fully and completely God's Word to us.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#485194 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Case in point. You would be unable to voice an opinion of your own in a debate, as you habit is to hide yourself in your favorite scripture.
My opinions are transitory...( transitory is a thing which is movable.)

as is yours...GOD'S WORD IS ETERNAL.

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:

it shall not return unto me void, but

it shall accomplish that which I please, and

it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485195 Oct 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a known fact that [an] organized church existed in Jerusalem in 50 AD. That, in itself, would suggest there was some form of "doctrine"...at the least a "developing" doctrine.
I believe that is relevant to your discussion. You folks take it from there.
Yes, in fact most accept that it existed until Jerusalem was sacked by the Romans in the AD 70's. The question is did they write it down. Most scholars think St. Paul's letters which started in the 40's were the first ones and they grew from there as the realization set in that Christ's return wasn't imminent and the first generation of Christians were passing on.

Prince George, Canada

#485196 Oct 26, 2013
Just imagine this for something on which to ponder.

There's a new testament with all kinds of stories about what the supposed "Jesus" said and did.

The Vatican brags of an empty tomb, and relics galore to prove that Jesus existed.

Yet there is not one grave of Jesus' supposed mother Mary, or the supposed Apostles, where anyone can find DNA.

And in the Vatican there is not ONE paper written in the handwriting of the supposed learned-man ... Jesus.

If you don't see the scam for what it is ... you don't WANT to see.

Prince George, Canada

#485197 Oct 26, 2013
marge wrote:
'And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,'
Thy??? WOW ... that's impressive to use such ancient language in today's era.

Doesn't it impress YOU?

:)

Prince George, Canada

#485198 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinions are transitory...( transitory is a thing which is movable.)
Your opinions are often nonexistent, as they are in "hiding."

I asked you why (within the warped theology) why a creator would have a need to create evil?

NOTHING back from you.

You might as well BE that bible, but then of course, you would only choose the scriptures that suggest YOU are god's chosen!

Pathetic creature!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485199 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do understand ..it just bugs,me when people think...we,don't have
Anything written then ...therefore there was,NOTHING WRITTEN ..And therefore He,Did,NOT exist .
He did ..only in.my opinion...And others,..folks,wrote about Him...
We,just have what has been preserved ...
Back then ..they thought HE WAS,either with them forever ..or coming back soon .
I'm sure the GOSPRLS,became,more important the older they got .
Protecting a record for posterity
"And others,..folks,wrote about Him...
We,just have what has been preserved "

No. They preached....with their mouths....as Jesus commissioned them.....they didn't need letters.

Why do you care about atheists who need evidence of some writings? Do you only believe in Jesus because of the bible?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#485200 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Not one Christian will address that issue (within the confines of theology) that if Jesus lived he would have been faithful to what he believed was pure and unadulterated Judaism.
Not ONE!
You ignore that issue comparable to it being a plague.
What a shame that Christians are SO damned dishonest.
~~~

WHEN WE GIVE THE WORD TO YOU ...it is like casting our pearls before

and inanimate object ..a brick wall ...You are not interested in truth...

ONLY IN REFUTING GOD'S WORD AND

DEBATE

matstsa&#770;h
mats-tsaw'
From H5327; a quarrel:- contention, debate, strife.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

IT IS QUITE EVIDENT THAT YOU ARE TURNED TO A

REPROBATE MIND.

G96
&#945;&#787;&#948; &#959;&#769;&#954; &#953;&#956;&#959; &#962;
adokimos
ad-ok'-ee-mos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1384; unapproved, that is, rejected; by implication worthless (literally or morally):- castaway, rejected, reprobate.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485201 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in fact most accept that it existed until Jerusalem was sacked by the Romans in the AD 70's. The question is did they write it down. Most scholars think St. Paul's letters which started in the 40's were the first ones and they grew from there as the realization set in that Christ's return wasn't imminent and the first generation of Christians were passing on.
We agree .as,I Said ..after they got a bit older ..posterity ...save writings .
Letters,by Paul etc
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485202 Oct 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
One can't be a member of the church until they believe the Gospel, so the oral Word came first before the church.
Jesus is the Word. Yes, He came first and then He founded the Church and then the Holy Spirit inspired them to write letters and memoirs.

Prince George, Canada

#485203 Oct 26, 2013
Imagine the price tag the men in the vatican could charge for a piece of paper with the "authentic" hand-writing of Jesus in clear script.

Of course if there was yards and yards of words written by Jesus, it would cut down on the value.

But not ONE solitary word can be found in the hand-writing of the one they supposedly idolize as their savior.

As Judge Judy says ... "If it doesn't make sense, it's not true."

Prince George, Canada

#485204 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Avoidance will get you nowhere in a debate.

Come out from hiding and tell me your "honest" and "forthright" opinion. Within the theology, why did the god find it necessary to create evil?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485205 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"And others,..folks,wrote about Him...
We,just have what has been preserved "
No. They preached....with their mouths....as Jesus commissioned them.....they didn't need letters.
Why do you care about atheists who need evidence of some writings? Do you only believe in Jesus because of the bible?
No by Faith .a,free gift through the grace of my Lord Jesus ..written about in the bible

Just to me not one,written ..word ..note ..letter to a friend ??
About the greatest events they could hope to witness??

letters home from those who were at Pentecost ...?

The beginnings,of GOSPELS ..who knows,neither of us ..
Just what was preserved

Prince George, Canada

#485206 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the Word. Yes, He came first and then He founded the Church and then the Holy Spirit inspired them to write letters and memoirs.
Within the theology, why do believe that Jesus' father Jehovah found it necessary to create evil?

Prince George, Canada

#485207 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree .as,I Said ..after they got a bit older ..posterity ...save writings .
Letters,by Paul etc
Within the theology, why do believe that Jesus' father Jehovah found it necessary to create evil?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485208 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony
You asked if I BELieved the Church came first ..That WAS my thoughts about CHURCH ...And what HIS,CHURCH was us and was not ..And is todAy
AND,yes I believe the Canon to be fully and completely God's Word to us.
I didn't ask what you thought the Church was, I asked if you thought the Church existed BEFORE the NT was written.

If you think there were other writings by the apostles which were used to spread the word and they're not in your bible, how can you believe your bible is complete?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr StillNotSure 10,211
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web