Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688931 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485180 Oct 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning! I don't believe that I am incorrect when stating that a priest sets an example for his church. And if he is free to swear in front of his church members than he is a very poor example for his church. To boldly swear in front of people shows that he is truly not a man of God but a man of satan in a priest clothing..If I ever heard any man representing himself for his church speak this way I would be going to his church anymore...
I wouldn't trust most of what Mike says. I've known some very holy priests and never heard one swear word from any of them, however I think this conversation started with a reference to the use of the initials "BS" . If I heard a preist say "BS" (not the words themselves), I don't think it'd be a big deal. BTW, I've heard far more blasphemous and unholy words from preachers who've never uttered a swear word.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485181 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, most historians say the population at the time was about 10% literate. 9 out of 10 people couldn't read or write or make any kind of notes. If you were there, most likely you'd have TOLD people. In these times and in many cultures across the planet information was passed down from one generation to the next by word of mouth. They had a very sophisticated way of memorizing reciting stories, some men were the village "historians" and trained their whole lives memorizing stories exactly word-for-word. Many of those men who were converted by the apostles and ordained bishops were able to do this. They then appointed men to do the same. St. Paul tells St. Timothy to remember the words and from whom he learned.
I do understand ..it just bugs,me when people think...we,don't have
Anything written then ...therefore there was,NOTHING WRITTEN ..And therefore He,Did,NOT exist .

He did ..only in.my opinion...And others,..folks,wrote about Him...
We,just have what has been preserved ...
Back then ..they thought HE WAS,either with them forever ..or coming back soon .

I'm sure the GOSPRLS,became,more important the older they got .
Protecting a record for posterity
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#485182 Oct 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a known fact that [an] organized church existed in Jerusalem in 50 AD. That, in itself, would suggest there was some form of "doctrine"...at the least a "developing" doctrine.
I believe that is relevant to your discussion. You folks take it from there.
Whether or not your claims are fact ... I suggest that it took time for the ex-Jews to come up with the Jesus-myth. The convoluted, ridiculous story probably didn't come together over night.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485183 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I've known some very holy priests
Do you honestly believe that a priest would share his "secrets" with you???

How na´ve!

There are secrets I don't share with others ... and I don't plan to share them either.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#485184 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Rose, yes, it's possbile they jotted some things down, even though the bible doesn't mention one word about it, however there was NO New Testament for many decades after Christ's Ascension. The question for you is do you accept the fact that the Church existed BEFORE the NT did?
One can't be a member of the church until they believe the Gospel, so the oral Word came first before the church.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485185 Oct 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a known fact that [an] organized church existed in Jerusalem in 50 AD. That, in itself, would suggest there was some form of "doctrine"...at the least a "developing" doctrine.
Hey

Yes,most certainly it did
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485186 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The, body of believers ..the Church...known as the Way ..travelled around or stayed in JUDEA ..JERUSALEM..preaching ..converting ..then baptizing believers .
They wrote letters,..the gospels Appeared later ..
Disciple preached and wrote after that ..a some point the Emeperor
Came into play ..declaring CHRISTIANITY as his Faith
The canons put together ..And folks,still preached he gospel outside
The religious organization..
As I understand it
A POPE..declared. much later ..though a good portion of the then Church did not accept Him.as Peters,successor ...a High Priest or the head of the Christian Church..
A history of good work...bringing people to God....yes
But ONE OF YOU..just said YOU CANNOT FORCE PEOPLE to believe ..yet the Roman Church did just that in league with the monarchs they helped put into power
And that is,their thing I most struggle with ..believing JESUS true,Church Tortured one soul into belief ...ONE in His name or ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN while they wielded such power .
Luckily VAT 2 and Benedict have spoken out against the JEWS KILLED JESUS justification used as excuse throughout history ...for torture.....confiscation..And death to God's chosen ...
I have to tell you that learning if the treatment of Jews ...was a huge disappointment when I was a young woman ...
And I know,JESUS never preached any such thing ...And I'm glad your Church lost that kind of secular power ..And NOW reconcile with the Jews ....the power above thrones ...only in.my opinion
.....lost in forgetting God's words to Abraham ..
Did the APOSTLES, spread a great Faih..Most assuredly .
Does your Church today bring followers to Jesus..yes ..But the CHURCH is in the hearts of believers ...whom.He has Called ...using
RELIGIOus churches ..Cath ..non Cath
.CLERGY .TV ..INERNET ...BOOKs ....AND MOST OF ALL HIS WORD IN THE BIBLE.....all efforts used by the HOLY Spirit ..so the Father can CALL US TO HIS,SON
It would be really great if you could stick to responding to my post instead of always going off on another tangent. Again, the only proof of ANY letters being written were the ones St. Paul wrote about 10 years AFTER Jesus ascended. It's possible there were others, but no one speaks of them. If the apostles DID write other letters what would that mean? Do we have an incomplete canon? Did God intend for them not to be included? Do you think the bible you have contains everything God intended for us to know about Jesus?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#485187 Oct 26, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
William, not everyone agrees with your religion. Whats your point? Less than 18% of the world population is catholic and far less than half even practice their faith.
.....thats not very good!
Again Tommy, why do you care?? makes no sense at all that a real atheist would give two rips about a religion they think is fake and a God they say doesn't exist.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485188 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
it just bugs,me when people think...we,don't have
Anything written then ...therefore there was,NOTHING WRITTEN ..And therefore He,Did,NOT exist .
The point that you should consider is that is Jesus had existed, he would have been a learned man of the Jewish faith, faithful to ONLY Judaism. And he would have been a man who would write his own literature and sign it with pride that he said those things to others.

Not one word did he write. Not one signature to be found anywhere on earth.

If you open your mind and eyes to the reality, you will see what others see. That Jesus was a myth, created by ex-Jews who needed a savior for their NEW religion that was totally foreign TO Judaism.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485189 Oct 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
One can't be a member of the church until they believe the Gospel, so the oral Word came first before the church.
Of course men discussed orally before they came up with their tales that they wrote and taught were based on truth.

That's been the game of religion from the get-go.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485190 Oct 26, 2013
Not one Christian will address that issue (within the confines of theology) that if Jesus lived he would have been faithful to what he believed was pure and unadulterated Judaism.

Not ONE!

You ignore that issue comparable to it being a plague.

What a shame that Christians are SO damned dishonest.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485191 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that ..posted this,link on John
http://coldcasechristianity.com/2013/how-coul...
JOHN MARK may have scribes for Peter .
iThey thought Jesus,coming back in their lifetime ...
I get that
If I found a great settlement on the plains ..wrote to my cousin in the East or in Norway ..I'm sure no one would see the letter centuries,later .
I know,not all could write ..BUT hose who could ..I imagine WOULD HAVe ..some of it published later ...some lost .
The Centutions ???did they write to family if touched by Jesus,..I'm sure those letters,gone with the ages,..others,punched by Him .
June and someone else saying no one,wrote a thing during His,life
There fore, He did not exist????
Do you understand,why ..I'm Sure there,WAS ..HE EXISTED ..DID MIRACLES
WAS,MESSIAH..
WE,only know of that which was,preserved ...some could have Bern incorporated later ...some lost to tell ages,..as I'm sure a,lot was,in any age,
C'mon Rose, you know very well I don't accept the idea that Jesus may not have existed because of a lack of written documents while He was here with us. You keep saying "If I was...", "I would imagine...", "I'm sure those letters....". You need to completely remove your own ideas from what the reality was in the 1st century. Even until 100 years ago, many people were still illiterate. Yes, there were some, very few, who could read and write, but we KNOW the Gospel was spread for at least the first 10 years by word of mouth.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#485192 Oct 26, 2013
'And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,'

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#485193 Oct 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be really great if you could stick to responding to my post instead of always going off on another tangent. Again, the only proof of ANY letters being written were the ones St. Paul wrote about 10 years AFTER Jesus ascended. It's possible there were others, but no one speaks of them. If the apostles DID write other letters what would that mean? Do we have an incomplete canon? Did God intend for them not to be included? Do you think the bible you have contains everything God intended for us to know about Jesus?
Anthony

You asked if I BELieved the Church came first ..That WAS my thoughts about CHURCH ...And what HIS,CHURCH was us and was not ..And is todAy

AND,yes I believe the Canon to be fully and completely God's Word to us.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#485194 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Case in point. You would be unable to voice an opinion of your own in a debate, as you habit is to hide yourself in your favorite scripture.
My opinions are transitory...( transitory is a thing which is movable.)

as is yours...GOD'S WORD IS ETERNAL.

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:

it shall not return unto me void, but

it shall accomplish that which I please, and

it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485195 Oct 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in fact most accept that it existed until Jerusalem was sacked by the Romans in the AD 70's. The question is did they write it down. Most scholars think St. Paul's letters which started in the 40's were the first ones and they grew from there as the realization set in that Christ's return wasn't imminent and the first generation of Christians were passing on.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485196 Oct 26, 2013
Just imagine this for something on which to ponder.

There's a new testament with all kinds of stories about what the supposed "Jesus" said and did.

The Vatican brags of an empty tomb, and relics galore to prove that Jesus existed.

Yet there is not one grave of Jesus' supposed mother Mary, or the supposed Apostles, where anyone can find DNA.

And in the Vatican there is not ONE paper written in the handwriting of the supposed learned-man ... Jesus.

If you don't see the scam for what it is ... you don't WANT to see.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485197 Oct 26, 2013
marge wrote:
'And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,'
Thy??? WOW ... that's impressive to use such ancient language in today's era.

Doesn't it impress YOU?

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485198 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinions are transitory...( transitory is a thing which is movable.)
Your opinions are often nonexistent, as they are in "hiding."

I asked you why (within the warped theology) why a creator would have a need to create evil?

NOTHING back from you.

You might as well BE that bible, but then of course, you would only choose the scriptures that suggest YOU are god's chosen!

Pathetic creature!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485199 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do understand ..it just bugs,me when people think...we,don't have
He did ..only in.my opinion...And others,..folks,wrote about Him...
We,just have what has been preserved ...
Back then ..they thought HE WAS,either with them forever ..or coming back soon .
I'm sure the GOSPRLS,became,more important the older they got .
Protecting a record for posterity
"And others,..folks,wrote about Him...
We,just have what has been preserved "

No. They preached....with their mouths....as Jesus commissioned them.....they didn't need letters.

Why do you care about atheists who need evidence of some writings? Do you only believe in Jesus because of the bible?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep '17 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web