Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687346 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#485118 Oct 26, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>That is just stupid. You act like a little kid. Also I think an Orthodox priest's wife would laugh at you. But everyone laughs at you, right? I will post whatever I want.
Please do, I learn a lot from you post...lol....
Liam

Chicago, IL

#485119 Oct 26, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...There is no writings by any roman/hebrew writers, scribes, statesmen, philosophers, soothe sayers, apostles, people miraclized, and anyone else from the entire mediteranean from 4 bce to 30 AD about a miracle man named Jesus.
A man distinguished from birth as the son of God who supposedly lived for 33 years and no one at the time caught on to who he was suppose to be?
Devasting to followers.
Thomas, you don't have to believe anything. We can at least agree that human beings by virtue of our existence, have the ability to say yes or no. As far as I know, nobody is forcing you or June to accept Jesus Christ. God can't force anyone to accept and love him. It wouldn't be genuine love if He operated like that.
truth

Perth, Australia

#485120 Oct 26, 2013
orto will go in skordo

swtipido
under bizon lags

Are you for sure all goodmans is good.

nooooooooooooooooooooo
lips is pretenders
now
ancient predators
see 14=14 generation

you are ugalj as ug.ljes.a

ljes=square

better be good
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#485121 Oct 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand.
Gnostic was given to a group of men by the early "Church Fathers" because of the root word "gnosis" - meaning knowledge.
"The Gnostic Society Library" the name of the association that has translated these texts, is just a name used. ALthough this society of scholars are probably not "Gnostic" in their belief, it is only a name being used.
It doesn't mean GoThomas is Gnostic, it just categorizes this book with them.
IMO - if one is to think these teachings are "Gnostic" then one must also include the canonical teachings as "Gnostic" as well, but people don't - because other men said they weren't. "God" never did.
The early Christians that believed they owned the NEW one and only KNOWLEDGE were nuttier than fruitcakes.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book,“A History of Christianity”… volume 2 Clyde L. Manschreck, Editor, comes the following………

The Gnostics considered the body evil and rejected the Resurrection; the creed boldly asserts the resurrection of the body. The Gnostics spoke loosely about a final judgment, Marcion having none at all; the creed speaks of Christ sitting at the right hand of the Father from whence he will come to judge the quick and the dead. The Gnostics held that only they could be saved; the creed upholds forgiveness of sins.
truth

Perth, Australia

#485122 Oct 26, 2013
what deference ugljic ugrlich or
sil ugle gugle
pecene sacure as peke

see
why you liked birds
as nest

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#485123 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't want to hold down a job where I had to use superglue.
Would YOU???
:)
Put the superglue down, June, and step back.

It's in my best interests.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485124 Oct 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand.
Gnostic was given to a group of men by the early "Church Fathers" because of the root word "gnosis" - meaning knowledge.
"The Gnostic Society Library" the name of the association that has translated these texts, is just a name used. ALthough this society of scholars are probably not "Gnostic" in their belief, it is only a name being used.
It doesn't mean GoThomas is Gnostic, it just categorizes this book with them.
IMO - if one is to think these teachings are "Gnostic" then one must also include the canonical teachings as "Gnostic" as well, but people don't - because other men said they weren't. "God" never did.
What on EARTH other than that word KNOWLEDGE appeals to you about Gnosticism?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book,“A History of Christianity”… volume 2 Clyde L. Manschreck, Editor, comes the following………

The Gnostics considered the body evil and rejected the Resurrection; the creed boldly asserts the resurrection of the body. The Gnostics spoke loosely about a final judgment, Marcion having none at all; the creed speaks of Christ sitting at the right hand of the Father from whence he will come to judge the quick and the dead. The Gnostics held that only they could be saved; the creed upholds forgiveness of sins.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485125 Oct 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a trained twister of truth.
Those who are certain they OWN the one and only truth become very obstinate at protecting their own mental territories.

What a joke that humans are so silly as to fight with each other, claiming to own truth.

If you admit that you are a dumb mortal, you will feel that you have nothing TO defend, and that in turn will give you a sense of peace.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#485126 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You can believe anything that pleases your emotions. That doesn't mean that what you believe is based on anything other than fables passed down through word of mouth as truth.
Sorta like nothing created everything. Matter just appeared; molded together and presto, here we are?
The Atheist fables are evolving (pun intended) from generation to generation.
My favorite is how aliens from another galaxy planted DNA here and now we are characters in their reality tv programs. They are watching us stumble through this life for their amusement. Lol.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#485127 Oct 26, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>That is just stupid. You act like a little kid. Also I think an Orthodox priest's wife would laugh at you. But everyone laughs at you, right? I will post whatever I want.

~~~

While you are posting whatever you want...your brain is

recording your thoughts and your actions,,,

Come judgement day your own brain will play back and cite your sins before God..

So go ahead and be as profane as you wish ,,,

God has given you the privilege to renew your mind..

and erase them by confessing them to him.

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Note
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

When we confess them

Rom_8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485128 Oct 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
So whatever happen to abstinence?--- Otherwise known as "self-discipline"!
It's a myth.

Why do you think your popes had to confess their "sins?"

If you think they didn't have sex by masturbation, or by physical contact with other men or women, or boys or girls, I suggest you are naïve.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#485129 Oct 26, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
A time and a place....
About 8 years ago my 87 year old uncle died. The family went to the funeral. After the service in the back parking lot were two parish catholic priests arguing about "something" and both were letting all the 4 letter words fly. They didn't know a few people were nearby out of view, My older brother and I were astounded.
My mothers god son a now retired catholic priest often used the words Ahole (both words) when in company with other men when describing things.
I am sure they are all on their best behavior when talking to most women. They are sort of like EDDIE HASKELL from leave it to Beaver.
goes to show ya'
Good morning! I don't believe that I am incorrect when stating that a priest sets an example for his church. And if he is free to swear in front of his church members than he is a very poor example for his church. To boldly swear in front of people shows that he is truly not a man of God but a man of satan in a priest clothing..If I ever heard any man representing himself for his church speak this way I would be going to his church anymore...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485130 Oct 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorta like nothing created everything. Matter just appeared;
Well ... the same could be said for the idea that there was nothing ... and then PRESTO ... a Creator appeared to in turn create the universe.

I suggest that another plausible myth can entertain us if we so choose to be entertained by myths.

If the universe always existed ... no creator would be necessary.

I like my myth better than the creation myth ... but as do those in religion, I won't brag that my myth is based on truth. That is the difference.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485131 Oct 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
HuskerDu wrote:
~~~
Come judgement day your own brain will play back and cite your sins before God..
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Note
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
When we confess them
Rom_8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
When you can't debate outside the bible ... the trick is, to fall back ON the bible.

truth

Perth, Australia

#485132 Oct 26, 2013
which voice you have confe
we say
promuklo grlo
its mean when you try speak but you catch cold..or glasnice..as glands for voice is something wrong..
yes or not
confe
your voice when you speak
how you speak
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485133 Oct 26, 2013
Screwed-up theological myths.

Not one Christian has EVER addressed the issue on any thread of any forum where I have posted ... that (within theological discussion) if Jesus was a Jew, he would have come to earth as a Jew, corrected wayward Jews and taught them how to be honorable Jews and then gone back to his one and only Jewish father Jehovah who resides in Olam Haba.

He would not have strayed from Judaism to disobey his own father.

You people ignore this issue because you DESIRE to belief the lies taught to you by Christian theologians.

Shame on you!

And the same goes for the so-titled Gnostic spiritual "leader."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#485134 Oct 26, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
~~~
Note
When we confess them
The Bible goes on to say...

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

(YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS BEST PAY CLOSE ATTENTION THE THE NEXT VERSE...

THE SON OF GOD IS THE LIVING WORD OF GOD...THE WORD MADE FLESH ..

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.)

NOTE

Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God,

and hath counted the blood of the covenant,

wherewith he was sanctified,

an unholy thing, and hath done despite

unto the Spirit of grace?

Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485135 Oct 26, 2013
I've posted many times that the early Jews were polytheists, and that it was a group of break-away rebel Jews that created the one-god dogma.

You also ignore that history.

I've also posted that the early Jews were polygamists, and many believed in reincarnation ... but that history is also ignored as though it doesn't exist.

Again and again I've posted that there were many savior-gods before the mythical Jesus that were supposed to come and save those in other cultures long before Christianity ... but you ignore that information.

You can stay where you are in your belief in the idea that a Jew was destined to save only Christians for eternal bliss in an afterlife, if you insist on ignoring everything put before you.

But when by so-doing, you believe you own truth, I suggest you are simply living lives based on the self-flattery of illusion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#485136 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
The Bible goes on to say...
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
(YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS BEST PAY CLOSE ATTENTION THE THE NEXT VERSE...
THE SON OF GOD IS THE LIVING WORD OF GOD...THE WORD MADE FLESH ..
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.)
NOTE
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God,
and hath counted the blood of the covenant,
wherewith he was sanctified,
an unholy thing, and hath done despite
unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
You use scriptures as battering rams and defense mechanisms.

But are defending truth ... or are you defending your own CONCEPTS of truth?

There might be a vast chasm between the two, and maybe only your arrogance fills the space in between.

Pride often comes before a fall.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485137 Oct 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I believe that we are all mentally connected through some form of hard-wiring, and that is what makes us so dumb. We all pull at each other's dumb strings, and yank each other here and there in hopes of not becoming any dumber.
I've been physically ill ... but emotionally content ... thank you.
I hope you are getting better June.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web