Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683885 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#485071 Oct 25, 2013
The basic difference between the Roman Catholic religion and Evangelical Christianity may be summed up in one word - AUTHORITY. Evangelical Christians accept the Bible, and the Bible only, as the authority in all matters of faith, doctrine, and practice. To add anything to - or subtract anything from - the revelation of the Bible is forbidden by the Bible itself under severe threat of penalty (Revelation 22:18).

However, the Roman Catholic Church teaches that the Bible is not the only inspired authority; in addition, it has placed on a plane of equal authority church traditions, revelations and visions, and, above all, the edicts of the popes when spoken ex-cathedra or officially as the so-called 'Vicar of Christ' on earth.

The edicts or interpretations or additional revelations receive equal authority with the Word of God, and in many instances above and contrary to the Word of God. When speaking from his throne as the 'Vicar of Christ', the Pope is said to be as much inspired as the writers of the Bible is deemed to be as infallible in his pronouncements as they were.

Moreover, the common people are not able, nor allowed, to interpret the Bible for themselves, but must accept whatever the Roman Church says or teaches. The Roman Church through its clergy is the only interpreter of the Word.

Here, then, is the difference: Evangelical Christianity accepts the Bible as the complete and adequate revelation of God, while the Roman Catholics are to believe not the Bible, but the Bible as interpreted by the Pope, the Church and the clergy. This accounts for the great mass of doctrines and dogmas and practices of the Roman Catholic Church which are nowhere to be found in the Bible. They are supposed to rest upon a higher authority than God's Word.

No member of the Roman Church may question the teachings and doctrines of the Church. Once they have been accepted by the hierarchy as Roman Catholic doctrine, everyone is expected to accept them without question or protest. In a sense this makes Romanism an easy religion. The Roman Church interprets all, does all, and decides all. Just leave everything to a priest, and follow his orders, and he will take care of everything for you.

The differences between the Church of Rome and Bible Christianity are legion and are continually being added to by the Vatican. All these differences result from two basic errors. The two basic differences are the two questions of revelation and the nature of the Church. Both are a question of authority.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#485072 Oct 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are wrong. if you were from say Nazareth, you would speak Syriac. know your facts before you speak.lol
Correct!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#485073 Oct 25, 2013
or by inspiration also lol...God Bless All
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#485074 Oct 25, 2013
Jessica Eaves was shopping in Guthrie, Okla., earlier this month when her wallet was pinched. She spotted the man she suspected of taking it in a nearby aisle and wondered what to do next.

"As I saw him, a scripture came to me from Luke, which basically says 'If someone should take your cloak, you should give them your shirt as well,'' she told The Huffington Post,

The passage inspired her next actions, as she approached the man and calmly said, "I think you have something of mine. I'm gonna give you a choice. You can either give me my wallet and I'll forgive you right now, and I'll even take you to the front and pay for your groceries," or she would call the police, according to Yahoo! Shine.

"He reached in his pocket and gave it back to me," she told HuffPost, adding that "he started crying as we walked to the front. He kept apologizing and saying that he was embarrassed."

Eaves, a mother of four and leader of the Christian outreach team at the First Christian Church in Guthrie, responded that she makes mistakes every day and has just as much to be embarrassed about, as she believes that in the eyes of Jesus, no one sin is greater than another.

She paid $27 for his groceries, which was almost all the money that she had in her purse.

"I never carry cash. When I got to the check-out counter that day his (robber's) total was just a little over $27 and I had $28 in cash in my wallet. And so I knew in that moment it wasn't me. It was Christ that played in that moment," she told Christian Post.
truth

Perth, Australia

#485075 Oct 25, 2013
your police have lots of drug dillers even in prison you have drugs who working for them..

no

i lose trust for your law

by

n

how many mothers children and family you destroy

deserve as insert from desert
yep
wicket is thirsty over righteousness
righteousness is thirsty of justice

serve your evil
not me

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyy

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#485076 Oct 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Jessica Eaves was shopping in Guthrie, Okla., earlier this month when her wallet was pinched. She spotted the man she suspected of taking it in a nearby aisle and wondered what to do next.
"As I saw him, a scripture came to me from Luke, which basically says 'If someone should take your cloak, you should give them your shirt as well,'' she told The Huffington Post,
The passage inspired her next actions, as she approached the man and calmly said, "I think you have something of mine. I'm gonna give you a choice. You can either give me my wallet and I'll forgive you right now, and I'll even take you to the front and pay for your groceries," or she would call the police, according to Yahoo! Shine.
"He reached in his pocket and gave it back to me," she told HuffPost, adding that "he started crying as we walked to the front. He kept apologizing and saying that he was embarrassed."
Eaves, a mother of four and leader of the Christian outreach team at the First Christian Church in Guthrie, responded that she makes mistakes every day and has just as much to be embarrassed about, as she believes that in the eyes of Jesus, no one sin is greater than another.
She paid $27 for his groceries, which was almost all the money that she had in her purse.
"I never carry cash. When I got to the check-out counter that day his (robber's) total was just a little over $27 and I had $28 in cash in my wallet. And so I knew in that moment it wasn't me. It was Christ that played in that moment," she told Christian Post.
That is what a Christian does..

I was there when an elderly couple found a wallet on the floor of a local store. There was $800 in the wallet. They turned it in to the store manager without any hesitation...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#485079 Oct 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I have learned this Rose...sometimes the simple things in life make more sense than what we have been told all along. You go with your heart and it matters not if what YOU believe is not the path most taken as long as you walk straight with you head held high and don't intentionally hurt someone else on that same path as you journey thru life. What matters most is God sees your hear and knows your mind....you answer only to HIM..
Thanks,Sera,

It's,obviously not that my belief In My Lord,has,anything to do with when and,how they wrote.

Was a conjecture,..didn't realize it was,so controversial .

Another question we can ask I imagine,..

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#485080 Oct 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony,
Do you really believe that Jesus will walk on this earth again???
If you do believe this, you have been following false teachers....
Why do you think that we have been told NOT TO CONFORM TO THIS WORLD???
This world is NOT my home, I'm just a passing through.....
Yes I believe that Christ will walk on this earth again. If you don't believe it then you have a problem not with me but you have a huge problem with scripture. We are told that even before the great white throne judgement Christ will set up His kingdom here on earth for a 1000 year period.

The fact that you are unaware of this proves that you are not as familiar with the scriptures as you as a Christian should be.
truth

Perth, Australia

#485081 Oct 26, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-2453725...

pokvarena covjeka boze mi moj oprosti
grrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
brojce brojce
da cuvamo ovce
br.o.j.c.e
numbers
br.joce..
a joso ti ga neprinosooooooooooo
ma kakvi
ne.prija.njaj rekoh ti
ovo nama rade nasi ne.prijatelji

whoooooooooooo
ne.prija.t.e.l.ji jiiiiiiiiipijiiiii
molim lijepo u sto piljite
'prijatno zivjeli'
i do.v.id.jaeiounja

a tako
to cete neko janje na razance
e pa prijatno zivjeli da se nazdravi u to ime

da se razumimo
prijatelju
malo mi je neprijatno sto moram pisat na ovaj nacin da vi nesto niste popustili sa vidim.
e..pa do.vidjenja..ad io adio=o id aaaaaaa

od ida ili iz inata

molim lijepo sto ste rekli
grrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrr c.uk.oooo
vidis brojeve
da vam se nesto nije pricinilo
mesho ili brojevi
ono sto je ubaceno je criminal mesh
mash mesh mish mosh mush

para-financial centar

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#485083 Oct 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony,
Do you really believe that Jesus will walk on this earth again???
If you do believe this, you have been following false teachers....
Why do you think that we have been told NOT TO CONFORM TO THIS WORLD???
This world is NOT my home, I'm just a passing through.....
You sincerely really, REALLY need to read this. Christ is coming here to good old terra firma earth to reign..........ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE,not according to me.

http://www.biblebookofrevelation.com/ch20.htm

Read what thus saith the word of God. Stop listening to biblically illiterate mortal men and read the word of God..........IN IT'S ENTIRETY.
truth

Perth, Australia

#485084 Oct 26, 2013
malo mi je neprijatno
pisat na ovaj nacin
to ti spinac sa jajim u zeleno i zuto
a ostavio si kapulu i jaja sa slaninom
ma nemoj
to ja pisem ogd onom satanic spirit iz susjedne police kad me napa ko invisible force

nista nista
samo ja toliko o vasemu zakonu i vasoj pravdi
pardon nepravdi

spinale i finale su nesto drugo
jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e
jer ko sa davlim tikve sadi
razbijaju mu se od glavu
spicasti nos i spice od tikava
glupo ko tocak
spinale i finale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-2453725...

nije lipo zvat obicni svijet glupim i progoniti ga

pokucat cete vi na moja vrata

ali bit ce zatvorena
za sva vrimena
truth

Perth, Australia

#485085 Oct 26, 2013
we know who first coming
nothing to do with Jesus Christ
noooooooooooooooooooooo

many many coming in that name

byyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#485086 Oct 26, 2013
no..your Creator not created anyone for suffering less any judgment..

evil killers is evil killers
truth

Perth, Australia

#485087 Oct 26, 2013
https://www.google.com.au/search...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24671796

oni dimnjake
i one case sa brass i train station..see tiny geometric way

i am not care what you think
ona strana ko od vaze aha3
Liam

Chicago, IL

#485088 Oct 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a trained twister of truth. Romans 10:17, "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." What is the word of God? The Bible.
You are on cult pamphlet overdrive tonight!!
Could you provide book, chapter, and verse that says the word of God is only the Bible?. Book, chapter and verse that gives us a list of Books to include in this Bible?
You're spreading a new and strange doctrine. I'm convinced after talking with you, that you believe the Bible is a god. That's idolatry. How ironic is that?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485089 Oct 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,Sera,
It's,obviously not that my belief In My Lord,has,anything to do with when and,how they wrote.
Was a conjecture,..didn't realize it was,so controversial .
Another question we can ask I imagine,..
There's no controversy at all Rose, no one who knows the first thing about biblical history will "conjecture" that the gospels were written before at least 30 after Christ's Ascension.

It's become controversial in your view only because you find it almost impossible to concede anything to a Catholic.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#485090 Oct 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what she said Oldjg, she agreed that the Word of God came before the church, how could it not if faith comes by hearing.
Jesus is the Word. He came before He founded His Church. The NT came after the Church was founded.
truth

Perth, Australia

#485091 Oct 26, 2013
see that dim.n.jak as vasa
so tiny from top
as like this geometric \
then crossing down as \\\\\\\\\

see on 3
when you see vasaas dimnjak=chimney as around as o'clock
its as 11 and 5 keeeeeeeeee

see
.\./.
(...)
....\\\\\\

smrk maciji brk
truth

Perth, Australia

#485092 Oct 26, 2013
now you are mr and mrs sipurika
as tea are red as sipurika sijurika
i never drink tea
https://www.google.com.au/search...

be very careful
someone can give back

trough chimney are black ash
trough magic vasa are curse
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#485093 Oct 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina agrees with me, the Word of God was first.
Why do you keep manipulating, twisting and distorting the words of Regina regarding the Word of God. For you "fundies" the Word of God is the bible alone, a 17th century "concocted, invented and (made-up) Protestant "fictitious myth" which NEVER was. nor EVER has been true. Jesus Christ is the Word, which became flesh. This (unwritten Word) before the Bible was ever written in 397 AD, over 450 years, which came after the Church comes to us from Christ and the Apostles through BOTH the written and the oral tradition (2 Thess 2:15). The Word of God has been entrusted to Jesus Christs Church that Our Lord built upon the rock of Peter Matthew 16:13-21, The ineffable wisdom of God is make known through His Church (Eph 3:9-10 and confirmed by Paul in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. There is "only one TRUTH" not 42,000+ contradicting "bible only" (Relative Truths) that are splintered, fractured and divided...... Your 21st century (modernistic" self-appointed bible only editorialist interpreters are "all over the place" when it comes to "FACTUAL, AUTHENTICATED AND PROVEN Historical and Biblical TRUTH!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 22 seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web