Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599554 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#484738 Oct 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just please,np Coveted Wagon ...or beans ..Lol
I made stuff pepper soup! How about that its cheap and very healthy for our talented friends lol....why is it that us women are always stuck in the kitchen! lol
truth

Perth, Australia

#484739 Oct 25, 2013
very sad
point finger 1000 and 2000 years for ever wrong
ja kako da ne
poor banish children eve..
Did you pray like that?
truth

Perth, Australia

#484740 Oct 25, 2013
see word sem ij met o hit it
sem.met semmet
semite

find word semite

find
projection two piramide small big and eye on r.oko as projection in geometric way

how you look as small in as within..heavenly you look as small dot as you are lucky see side in period time trough year of any canstelation heavenly..

find earthly projection as toward heavenly body
as on extrime small region where they think never exist nothing..
yes it is..

find
geo-projection..

small but worthy modern then you think

Jesus say come to find what is lost!
Others try hide for ever with great enevy and lust..

they will tal;k with nice lips in nice suits..no no no i don't trust them..i don't say sorry why I say that..no no no..
i trully not say my sin or any error..

when you see that others try hurt you more themn they are hopeless as they are..they show tongue as snake as they are..

no i don't say sorry
to whom
neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr

Jesus Christ words is perfect!
'find what is lost'
others think its belong to them
no its not they know its not..
i am not care someone angry or not..

by
truth

Perth, Australia

#484741 Oct 25, 2013
it is written
foundation of the world will be start move like never before

everything will be past my words not..
what so ever you ad
its written
anything ad its going be remove

it is written
what so ever

'find what is lost'
it is written
Liam

Chicago, IL

#484742 Oct 25, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So both Jesus and Peter are the Rock?
and before you say Jesus' words are blatantly clear...clear for who??
Jesus is God. His title of 'rock' is actually an understatement. He clearly renamed Simon, Rock. And clearly gave him the keys and the power to bind and loose.
"I will give you the keys".
See, did Jesus not say that clearly.
"whatever YOU bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven; whatever YOU loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven"
Jesus' words are clear to me, and who are you to usurp my opinion? I have a Bible too, ya know. I see Our Lord claiming to be the messiah. I see Him organizing a group of Apostles. I see Him giving one of them a special role. He said His Church would always be protected. Hell will never prevail against it. "on this rock I'll build my Church and the gates of hell shall never prevail against it"

His words are clear to me. Is there a secret hidden message the Lord was trying to convey, but every body missed until the Bible was published?
Did the Lord really mean for us to go on a scavenger hunt with some of His Apostles writings??

Logic tells me that the only way to ensure stability, continuity, and order, is to give one man a special role.
Curiosity makes me look at what the Apostles actually did, not wrote. I read the accounts of the men when knew the Apostles personally. They sound really really Catholic. They taught nothing like what the modern born again movement teaches. Nothing. You guys seriously undid every Sacrament and removed the Church. Now is just a chaotic free for all that you say is Christianity.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#484743 Oct 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That verse you slung at us could easily be applied to you and your family as well as whatever sect you belong to.
Of course, the problem is that nobody knows who you are. you say your a minister. You say God verbally spoke to you. You say your grandpa conversed with the Apostle Paul. You say you healed someone by holding the KJV up to their forehead. You say you are an authority on our sacred scripture...
Yet, you cowardly hide behind the internet, anonymously posing as a pastor? Lets examine the sect you belong to or created. Shall we?
There is not one person on here that takes you seriously.
And this trash you pulled up is proof. And the Bible verse you misused to support this trash is also proof.
You are wrong to speak for everyone on this forum...When you say "not one person here takes you seriously" you are speaking for your fellow Catholic brothers not. You do not speak for me or Nick or others. No one should question how deep ones faith is in God.We don't have that right to judge others personal devotion to God.
truth

Perth, Australia

#484744 Oct 25, 2013
i don't say jew..i say zid
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/beliefs/Theol...

its place and old fundation
find what is lost but others posess for themself
ja ..yes

others try posess for themself and transform whats so ever they want

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo

i am as i am
as i alwayes be some

from all enternity its going removeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee

if i need remove you all i will

who say that

not me
then

'find what is lost'

they will say its past and never come in mind..
i say what so ever others try on most evil way hide

its going be find

from all eternity its going removeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
everythinggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggg

n

my anger can kill you now

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#484745 Oct 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD ..YAHWEH..AND HIS,SPIRIT ..TE RUACH HA,KODESH was,known to the,Jews .
JESUS,REFERS,TO GOD,AS,THE,FATHER ..THE,SPIRIT AS THE COMFORTER ...Himself as,I AM before Abraham ..
SAYING TRINITY. is,our,human concept of God being in three persons ..it's,a mystery of faith ..the,belief in Creator God ....Father SON ..AND,SPIRIT .
EHAT does,so called Thomas,say that you have yet to tell us
Pardon me for saying, but your thoughts are jumbled and are hard to decipher at times. My suggestion for you is to take a few extra seconds and double check your post for grammar, spelling ang continuity of the post.

Of course Jesus speaks of and about the Spirit. That was his message. Anything else you garner, well, it's all speculationm, unproven and in fact, generated by man's view of an unknown entity.

Why would you think fallible men could define an infallibel being? How have you discerned this?

"SAYING TRINITY. is,our,human concept of God being in three persons"
- this is your error - we are humans and cannot perceive something that hasn't been seen by anyone in many millenia.
- "God" is not any "person", never has been, and probably never will be. Right here you use words that are inaccurate and of man's mind.

"EHAT does,so called Thomas,say that you have yet to tell us "
- this portion of your post, I did not understand at all.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484746 Oct 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is God....
ROFLMAO

You Christers are hilarious.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#484747 Oct 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong to speak for everyone on this forum...When you say "not one person here takes you seriously" you are speaking for your fellow Catholic brothers not. You do not speak for me or Nick or others. No one should question how deep ones faith is in God.We don't have that right to judge others personal devotion to God.
I have a hunch that nobody would privately take him serious. Publicly you do for reasons I do not know. He couldn't be further removed from the Orthodox faith. Your sacraments are blasphemy according to this guy who says the Holy Spirit interprets the Bible for him.
So fine, if you want to publicly take him serious for that. I don't. And I know at least have the non Catholics don't.

Albuquerque, NM

#484748 Oct 25, 2013
Peter Paul and Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said I was chosen! As always, you continue to put words in someone else's mouth, or maybe just your opinions. Still, just your "self" trying to intrude on some else's spirit or should I say, someone else's "self".
My apologies to think that you are like others.

Yes, I agree, you aren't any more chosen than the next guy/gal.

Thanks for responding.

And yes, Self is one of those interactive things - we all have it and in some ways, they connect on a level that we cannot fathom yet.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#484749 Oct 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is God. His title of 'rock' is actually an understatement. He clearly renamed Simon, Rock.
Jesus renamed Simon, Rock. Without a doubt the dumbest thing you've said to date.

Psalm 62:1 For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.

* So verses like this are now null and void and the Rock has been renamed to Peter?

*Christ is the Rock ALL OVER SCRIPTURE but He renamded it to Simon...really Clay?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#484750 Oct 25, 2013
who="Seraphima" <quoted text>I made stuff pepper soup! How about that its cheap and very healthy for our talented friends lol....why is it that us women are always stuck in the kitchen! lol

----------
I thought it was because we love to cook...

KM
truth

Perth, Australia

#484751 Oct 25, 2013
its exist
see
tree
animals dish birds
humans

lief
just put on wound
miracle

its exist where nobody did not know where
you speak about big things

as wide way

scripture speak as small way

by
Liam

Chicago, IL

#484752 Oct 25, 2013
And Sera, I know many many sincere, godly, devout pastors. I went to high school with one. Great guy all around.
Prestons interpretations of the Bible says I'm going to eternal hell for being Catholic. He's not afraid to tell me it either. So no, I do not believe the Holy Spirit has anything to do with his interpretations. I don't think he's a legitimate Minister, no matter how many verses he's memorized either. He backs off on you want guys because you're polite to him and you have a common enemy. That's a wolf in sheep's clothing, Sera.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#484753 Oct 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a secret hidden message the Lord was trying to convey, but every body missed until the Bible was published?
Did the Lord really mean for us to go on a scavenger hunt with some of His Apostles writings??
no..not at all

Matt 16:15 He said to them,“But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied,“You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

*Logic tells us that the rock is Peter's confession about Christ and the Apostles as well as Christians around the world today are to bring the Gospel to all. Peter, the Apostles are no different than the born again Christians of today. God still uses sinners to accomplish amazing things.

Albuquerque, NM

#484754 Oct 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Diversion.
My belief is not in question here.
But you are correct withthe aspect that whatever you or I believe, does require the Self.
Why don't you begin posting teachings by Jesus on salvation, instead of your own opinions?
If you were to, you would get a much better understanding of why you fail to beleive in what Jesus taught.
<quoted text>
No you haven't - please stop making up things.
If you had, you would post them or at least a link to your post with them stated.
<quoted text>
If you agree with GiF and KM - then you also have been duped and refuse to acknowledge the truths that has been presented.
You do only beleive in a portion of Jesus. I've shown you where you don't. And now you have to ask again.
You are truly blinded by false doctrines.
"To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus
This simple statement alone shows you don't believe in Jesus.
"You keep telling us,what we miss"
- and I keep showing you what you are missing. But you still refuse to accept them.
Self.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know,what I've posted . These,are just from my current history
http://biblehub.com/1_john/2-1.htm
JOHN ......in links,showing each version regarding belief in Jesus,leads,to ETERNAL LIFE ...
BIBLE GATEWAY ...to show,each version..including Catholic..
is,the,same
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
http://biblehub.com/john/6-37.htm
Good for you that you know, unfortunately, it has no bearing on my posts.

First you state "Jesus paid for our sins", now you claim "John" explains that we must use Jesus to repent our sins to "God", our Father.

Make up my mind - do I believe Jesus saved me already, or do I still have to repent for sins I don't do?
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Other verses,...current history in my browser .
Please,Don t insult ..again I know,what I post .
However the CONFRONTS. do a great job with scripture ..I agree
Here's,another from my browser .I only post these,links on this,thread
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Insult? Nah - just being direct with you.

Insulting would require me to actually know you. I've only made comments upon what you write, because you appear to lack much knowledge about Christianity.

If you would lie to me directly, maybe the comments would change.
truth

Perth, Australia

#484755 Oct 25, 2013
your ponte as EQ as what you say as fosters

noooooooooooooooooo
my way is not yours
my mind is not yours
no

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#484756 Oct 25, 2013
Catholic MichelleMC's Saint of the Day thread.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#484757 Oct 25, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,
Maybe if I say it enough times, you will get it....
The authority is NOT in the church, but IN Christ JESUS!!!!!!!!!!
There is a message here, if you will just open your heart!
Maybe if I say it "one more time" TO YOU that you just might get it.....although I doubt that you will........because you have been PROPAGANDIZED systematically (since the Reformation)--falling into (half-truth, half-heresy) bible only distorted teaching by being "duped, deceived and totally misled by this "false interpretation" of Gods Word that you "fundies" just "make up" on your own..... Sola Scriptura is nothing more than an offshoot of 17th century "editorialized heresy", which has plagued the TRUTH of the TRUE Spoken and Stated words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF, for over 2000 years. I lived this bible only "half-truth, half-heresy" (so-called Christianity for over 35 years before the Spirit of God, through His Son Jesus Christ, led me out of this "bible only bondage" of judgmental, condemning, false and perverted "fundies"teaching which has "absolutely NO BASIS of ANY biblical or historical truth to back up ANY of its "man-made--personal opinionated teachings. It will repeat it again to you Truth!!
Listen, read it carefully and comprehend what was written, believed, taught what was, is and will always be the TRUTH of the TRUE Word of God, from over 2000 years ago!

Jesus Christ IS the Church! The "AUTHORITY of the ABSOLUTE TRUTH of Jesus, is in HIS CHURCH!..HE and HIS CHURCH are one!..The TRUE Word of God, is "only" in His Son Jesus and the AUTHORITY is found "only" in HIS (Universal-Catholic) Church (Paul said so) when he calls THE CHURCH (NOT in the bible alone)....... the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH (I Timothy 3:15...... Jesus is the TRUE Bread of Life, come down from heaven!..... HIS TRUE BODY AND HIS TRUE BLOOD is in (ONLY) in the Eucharist (John 6:47-59) ONLY recognized, ONLY given and ONLY manifested in and through His One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church.......... Without HIS TRUE BODY AND BLOOD, you CANNOT have eternal life!!---Jesus HIMSELF, said it!
You bible only "fundies" can twist, manipulate and distort the "true interpretation" of the bible,(all you want), and pervert the "true meaning" with the same "half-truth, half-heresy" lies (over and over and over again--(as you always do)......... HOWEVER,.....your bible only opinionated "lies" (that you fundies are so famous for) will NEVER change the TRUTH of over 2000 years of the TRUTH of TRUE WORD OF GOD "only revealed, only taught and only manifested in Our Lord Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 55 min Tricky little mon... 84,300
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 1 hr Paul Porter1 255
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web