Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693404 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#484952 Oct 25, 2013
If you checked behind their flamboyant preaching, those in religion always proved that they were mortal humans ... ready to lie in hopes of not getting caught.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following.

You know, it’s interesting who protests and who doesn’t. Over 90 percent of the women coming to one of our clinics for abortions are Catholic. They don’t necessarily have more of a problem about what they are doing than others. It seems to be more of a matter of individuals, doesn’t it?”
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#484953 Oct 25, 2013
From the book “Morgentaler … The doctor who couldn’t turn away … by Eleanor Wright Pelrine, Published 1975 … comes the following.

The majority of Henry Morgentaler’s patients (over 80 per cent) identify themselves as Roman Catholic, weighing the burden of unplanned, unwanted pregnancy against the dictates of celibate churchmen, and coming to terms with their own consciences.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#484954 Oct 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah well ... we would all like to believe we understand the old languages ... but I believe they were as confused as is English.
Humans never could see eye to eye on the meanings of words ... no matter which language.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.
General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.
For some strange reason I find it much more believable that someone interpreting their writing within the same geographic region, with an identical culture within several decades of the writing gets it right versus us on the other side of the planet 2000 later in a completely foreign culture, don't you?
Michael

Canada

#484955 Oct 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest they never did what they were told. They just told the priest what the priest expected to hear and if the men in the hierarchy were pleased, it made it much easier on the followers.
Probably many men had anal sex with their wives in order to avoid having more children. I know had I lived back then, I would have preferred anal sex over having to continually be pregnant, to in turn please the men of the church.
A lot of women prefer anal sex.

..... Many of the church leaders have practiced that too.........but not with a woman.........AND THAT IS THE TRUTH, that is why catholic priests contact AIDS at a much higher rate than the general population!

ABC news 20/20....below.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story...

http://kcsweb.kcstar.com/projects/priests/

I bring the news that catholics fear to know. But transparency is now what the church claims to be all about.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#484956 Oct 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Many spoke Greek also, however, the Roman language was Latin. There are no historians who would suggest the possibility that they even started writing the gospels until the 60's AD. Why is it so important for you to believe they were immediately running around sharing NT scripture passages with everyone?
Anthony, read a red letter Bible and tell me that if you heard the words of Jesus you wouldn't share.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484957 Oct 25, 2013
DID JESUS CHRIST APPOINT AN EARTHLY HEAD OF HIS CHURCH?
The Lord Jesus Christ is the sole King and only Head of His Church and He never appointed any earthly Head of His Church.

WHAT IS THE CLAIM OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IN REGARDS TO THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH ON EARTH? The Church of Rome claims that the Pope as the successor of St. Peter is the Vicar of Christ on earth; the Supreme Head and Infallible Teacher of the Church, and those who do not believe this cannot be saved.

WHAT IS THE OFFICIAL TEACHING OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ON THE POPE?
The Creed of Pope Pius IV Section X states:'I acknowledge the Holy Catholic Apostolic Roman Church for the Mother and Mistress of all Churches, and I promise and swear true obedience to the Bishop of Rome the Successor to St. Peter, Prince of the Apostles and Vicar of Jesus Christ.'

WHAT TEXT IN MATTHEW'S GOSPEL DOES THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH USE TO SUPPORT HER CLAIMS FOR PETER BEING THE FIRST POPE?
Matthew chapter 16 and verse 18:'And I say also unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.' The meaning of this text is obvious. Jesus having heard from the disciples the various notions which were entertained of Him, asked them:'But whom say ye that I am?' and Peter, always more forward than the rest, replied:'Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.' Jesus, having pronounced him blessed, as every believer is (Psalm 32:1), said:'Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.' Christ in addressing Peter said:'Thou art Peter,' using the word 'petros', which signifies a stone, but in referring to the rock He used the word 'petra', which means properly 'an immovable rock'. He does not say:'Thou art Peter, and upon thee I will build my church', but 'upon this Rock.' The Rock he had confessed was Christ the Son of the living God, as though He said:'Thou art Peter, a living stone in this spiritual edifice, but upon this immovable foundation I will build my church.'

WERE THE FATHERS UNANIMOUS IN THEIR INTERPRETATION OF THIS SCRIPTURE?
The Fathers of the church, as the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Kenrick, USA, who attended Vatican I, himself acknowledged, were divided. Eight say the Rock means the twelve apostles as a body. Sixteen say it refers to Christ Himself. Seventeen say it refers to St. Peter and forty four say it means the faith which Peter professed. It is clear that the Rock of the church is the infallible Rock of Ages, the Lord Jesus Christ Himself.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#484958 Oct 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If you checked behind their flamboyant preaching, those in religion always proved that they were mortal humans ... ready to lie in hopes of not getting caught.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following.
You know, it’s interesting who protests and who doesn’t. Over 90 percent of the women coming to one of our clinics for abortions are Catholic. They don’t necessarily have more of a problem about what they are doing than others. It seems to be more of a matter of individuals, doesn’t it?”
Hey June long time no see, the catholics would call them non practicing catholics
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#484959 Oct 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying he DIDN'T speak Greek, I'm saying the early Church witnessed the fact that he wrote his gospel in the Hebrew dialect Aramaic.
There is no record of a man named Jesus writing anything. The ex-Jew Catholics wrote it all.

Shysters!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#484960 Oct 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they did, the woman at the well did, even when Jesus told them not to tell they told. If you heard Jesus and believed Him would you keep quiet?
Follow along marge, Rose is speculating the apostles wrote the NT while Jesus was still with them and they ran around sharing the writings with people in order to convert them.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#484961 Oct 25, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If the holy spirit, jesus and god the father are three equal persons in one God, why does God the father make all the critical decisions for the other two persons of God if they are all 3 persons equal?
Well you see ... WITHIN THE SCREWED THEOLOGY ... they never were equal. Jesus never volunteered to come to earth to be murdered. His father sent him ... because he loved him so much he wanted him to bleed all over the place.

Silly people and their silly dogmas!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#484962 Oct 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, read a red letter Bible and tell me that if you heard the words of Jesus you wouldn't share.
Maybe you should get someone to help you with your posts from now on marge.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#484963 Oct 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Many spoke Greek also, however, the Roman language was Latin. There are no historians who would suggest the possibility that they even started writing the gospels until the 60's AD. Why is it so important for you to believe they were immediately running around sharing NT scripture passages with everyone?
I did,not SAY THAT ..I SAID I'd be,surprised,if they wrote NOTHING
as,they wAtched he,MESSIAH perform miracles ...etc..HIS,WORDS ..while He was alive ...as,a,record for themselves,...to remember ...whatever reason

And,no one can prove that,no one,at the time wrote or didn't

. I DID NOT say they passed out scripture .while they travelled .

They did not even BELUEVE E,was,going anywhere or dying ...when He told them ...

The were,Jews ..writing was,important .

This,all started when Clay said they DUD NOT write because,Jesus,DUD NOT TELL THEM TO WRITE ...he Saud it twice .

I was,making the point THEY WROTE ...starting a work of recording in real time and do finishing it ...ate two different things,...

Non believers,and scoffer deny they wrote any of it .

I'm saying I'd NOT BE SURPRISED IF THEY WROTE EVEN WHEN HE WAS,HERE ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#484964 Oct 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey June long time no see, the catholics would call them non practicing catholics
They WERE Catholic,... practicing sex and having unwanted pregnancies as a result of the practice ... as will occur if people don't use methods of birth control.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#484965 Oct 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no record of a man named Jesus writing anything. The ex-Jew Catholics wrote it all.
Shysters!
I must admit I've been called that before...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#484966 Oct 25, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of women prefer anal sex.
..... Many of the church leaders have practiced that too.........but not with a woman.........AND THAT IS THE TRUTH, that is why catholic priests contact AIDS at a much higher rate than the general population!
ABC news 20/20....below.
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story...
http://kcsweb.kcstar.com/projects/priests/
I bring the news that catholics fear to know. But transparency is now what the church claims to be all about.
Pretty sure law enforcement should be going through your hard drive with a fine toothed comb (gloved of course...)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#484967 Oct 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I did,not SAY THAT ..I SAID I'd be,surprised,if they wrote NOTHING
as,they wAtched he,MESSIAH perform miracles ...etc..HIS,WORDS ..while He was alive ...as,a,record for themselves,...to remember ...whatever reason
And,no one can prove that,no one,at the time wrote or didn't
. I DID NOT say they passed out scripture .while they travelled .
They did not even BELUEVE E,was,going anywhere or dying ...when He told them ...
The were,Jews ..writing was,important .
This,all started when Clay said they DUD NOT write because,Jesus,DUD NOT TELL THEM TO WRITE ...he Saud it twice .
I was,making the point THEY WROTE ...starting a work of recording in real time and do finishing it ...ate two different things,...
Non believers,and scoffer deny they wrote any of it .
I'm saying I'd NOT BE SURPRISED IF THEY WROTE EVEN WHEN HE WAS,HERE ...
No respected biblical scholar would ever suggest they wrote ANYTHING while Jesus was with them. Why are you pushing this nonsense?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#484968 Oct 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We'd call them sinners, just like you and I. But I don't believe the 90% for a minute. The only absolute in that situation is that 100% are women.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#484969 Oct 25, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>I see several priests every day. Sometimes people don't think they slip and say a naughty word and love to tell people to stop doing it. I know many a priest that use the term BS, the full word. Especially the priests who were farmers growing up. Lighten up , will ya?
You know priest that use the full words of BS??? yikes....I never heard my priest say a cuss word. Ever!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#484970 Oct 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I must admit I've been called that before...
==========
Called Shyster, huh? I know . Same with me. I cant shake that name.Sell a few Bottles of "Uncle Nicks Cure All Tonic" and youre branded for life.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#484971 Oct 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
For some strange reason I find it much more believable that someone interpreting their writing within the same geographic region, with an identical culture within several decades of the writing gets it right versus us on the other side of the planet 2000 later in a completely foreign culture, don't you?
NO! All religion in all cultures was and is based on myth. There were many stories of savior-gods that were gossiped about before the myth of Jesus ever occurred.

You refuse to open your mind and allow those thought to come in!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Married in 10,704
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Fri Pardon Pard 1
News For New Year, pope urges help for refugees, res... Jan 1 South Knox Hombre 1
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Dec 30 D dicampli 1
News Topless protester tries to grab baby Jesus figu... Dec 28 Donald J Trump 2
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec '17 Truth Be Told 9
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov '17 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
More from around the web