Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603267 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#484615 Oct 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Diversion.
My belief is not in question here.
But you are correct withthe aspect that whatever you or I believe, does require the Self.
Why don't you begin posting teachings by Jesus on salvation, instead of your own opinions?
If you were to, you would get a much better understanding of why you fail to beleive in what Jesus taught.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I've posted the links,several times,..to half of John at least ..can't cut and paste,parts,of pages,..
No you haven't - please stop making up things.

If you had, you would post them or at least a link to your post with them stated.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's,say I agree with Kay and,GIF scriptures,.
Where,do YOU get your belief that we,only BELieve SOME,.
WHAT ARE,WE MISSING ...TELL US,..
You keep telling us,what we miss,
If you agree with GiF and KM - then you also have been duped and refuse to acknowledge the truths that has been presented.

You do only beleive in a portion of Jesus. I've shown you where you don't. And now you have to ask again.

You are truly blinded by false doctrines.

"To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" - Jesus

This simple statement alone shows you don't believe in Jesus.

"You keep telling us,what we miss"
- and I keep showing you what you are missing. But you still refuse to accept them.

Self.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#484616 Oct 24, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Cusser read this:
Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
- so is both Jesus and Peter the rock?
- Is Jesus the only Rock?
- Is the bible contradicting itself?
- Catholic church got it wrong and they use this verse to control the minds of weak folks like yourself?
Did Jesus say to Simon, you are rock and upon this rock I will build my church? The gates of hell shall never prevail against it? I will give you (Peter) the keys?
Not only are Jesus' words blatantly clear, the historic account of what Peter did is clear. He ordained Clement and Ignatius and the Universal Church spread everywhere. One faith, one fold, and one truth.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#484617 Oct 24, 2013
Instead of claiming Jesus said these things, post the statement instead of your opinion of such.
<quoted text>
Why do you want to mislead others?
Please post where Jesus states "I am God".
Please post the specific statements by "God" which states which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not.
FYI - the word "Trinity" is not in the Bible, thus a word associated to "God", Jesus and the HS - is still considered a mystery, because not one of the three beings involved have ever been proven to exist.
The first recorded use of this Greek word in Christian theology (although not about the Divine Trinity) was by Theophilus of Antioch in about 170. He wrote:[9][10]
In like manner also the three days which were before the luminaries, are types of the Trinity [&#932;&#961;&#953 ;&#940;&#948;&#959 ;&#962;], of God, and His Word, and His wisdom. And the fourth is the type of man, who needs light, that so there may be God, the Word, wisdom, man.[11]
Tertullian, a Latin theologian who wrote in the early 3rd century, is credited as being the first to use the Latin words "Trinity",[12] "person" and "substance"[13] to explain that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are "one in essenceónot one in Person".[14
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity
both of the above accounts - spoken a century after the supposed death of Jesus - BY MEN.
Please state the specific text/passage that has this characterisation defined by "God".
Please don't mislead others
. I don't, so you should not either.
GOD ..YAHWEH..AND HIS,SPIRIT ..TE RUACH HA,KODESH was,known to the,Jews .
JESUS,REFERS,TO GOD,AS,THE,FATHER ..THE,SPIRIT AS THE COMFORTER ...Himself as,I AM before Abraham ..

SAYING TRINITY. is,our,human concept of God being in three persons ..it's,a mystery of faith ..the,belief in Creator God ....Father SON ..AND,SPIRIT .

EHAT does,so called Thomas,say that you have yet to tell us
Peter Paul and Mary

San Antonio, TX

#484618 Oct 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Sounds like very few of Christianity will be "chosen".
Yet you, like every other so-called "Christian" think that theirselves have been chosen.
DOH!!
Hey you over there - no pushing or shoving!!
Never said I was chosen! As always, you continue to put words in someone else's mouth, or maybe just your opinions. Still, just your "self" trying to intrude on some else's spirit or should I say, someone else's "self".
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484619 Oct 24, 2013
FEED ON THE WORDS OF GOD....

Psalm 119:103

103 How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!

God's words are full of substance; they are spirit and they are life.

Now, who gives (SPIRITUAL) life???

Jesus, as He is the Word of God!!!

Shouldn't HIS Word sustain us???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484620 Oct 24, 2013
Diversion.
But you are correct withthe aspect that whatever you or I believe, does require the Self.
Why don't you begin posting teachings by Jesus on salvation, instead of your own opinions?
If you were to, you would get a much better understanding of why you fail to beleive in what Jesus taught.
<quoted text>
If you had, you would post them or at least a link to your post with them stated.
<quoted text>
If you agree with GiF and KM - then you also have been duped and refuse to acknowledge the truths that has been presented.
You do only beleive in a portion of Jesus. I've shown you where you don't. And now you have to ask again.
- and I keep showing you what you are missing. But you still refuse to accept them.
Self.

I know,what I've posted . These,are just from my current history

http://biblehub.com/1_john/2-1.htm

JOHN ......in links,showing each version regarding belief in Jesus,leads,to ETERNAL LIFE ...
BIBLE GATEWAY ...to show,each version..including Catholic..
is,the,same

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
http://biblehub.com/john/6-37.htm

Other verses,...current history in my browser .
Please,Don t insult ..again I know,what I post .
However the CONFRONTS. do a great job with scripture ..I agree
Here's,another from my browser .I only post these,links on this,thread

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#484621 Oct 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am NOT placing anything above the COMMANDS of Jesus....that is why we have the New Testament....the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.....the good news.....
Since I have been on here, I have been trying to tell people about the COMMANDS of Jesus which are DIFFERENT then the 10 Commandments.....
This is why we ARE NOT under the Law of Moses.....but we are under the Law of Christ.....
The law of Christ:
Love God.
Love your neighbor.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484622 Oct 24, 2013
Diversion.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Self.
You seem to believe. SELF is,all important ..based on some thing ...self alone ..self with God ...self as,in only what your SELF accrues,materially in this,life??

I BELIEVE self us,important in relationship of myself to.My Saviour .
And belief in Him..repentance to Him..Eternal life WITH HIM

YES,each self has to relate to GOD ..... u cannot relate to Him for anyone else,..it vice versa,...

I can tell them...plant a,seed ..whatever God uses me for ..

ETERNITY IS,A,LINE ....our worldly life is,a,dot on the line ...our focus,should be the,LINE ..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484623 Oct 24, 2013
"I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh, <<<<<which I will give for the life of the world.">>>> >

Jesus is talking about the IMPORTANCE of His death on the cross...

This is why we are baptized into His death, burial and resurrection....

Are you tasting God's sweet Word???

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484624 Oct 24, 2013
Are you feeding on the Word of God???

Deuteronomy 8:3

3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on <<<<<every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.>>>>>

Are you feeding your SOUL???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484625 Oct 24, 2013
Jeremiah 15:16

16 When your words came, I ate them;
they were my joy and my heartís delight,
for I bear your name,
Lord God Almighty.

Are you hungry for milk??? Or,

Are you hungry for solid food???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484626 Oct 24, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
The law of Christ:
Love God.
Love your neighbor.
TB...where have you been today???

You have been missed.....

Yes, we are under the Law of Christ and Grace....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484627 Oct 24, 2013
Something
I just saw,
Unrelated ..But interesting

http://www.aish.com/jw/me/Infographic-IsraelU...
Liam

Chicago, IL

#484628 Oct 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
FEED ON THE WORDS OF GOD....
Psalm 119:103
103 How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!
God's words are full of substance; they are spirit and they are life.
Now, who gives (SPIRITUAL) life???
Jesus, as He is the Word of God!!!
Shouldn't HIS Word sustain us???
Amen. But don't forget about the word of God given orally. Bartholemew, Andrew, Philip and the others didn't hand out Paul and Peters letters and say, "here you go, its the word of God, see ya".

They established the Catholic Mass and Eucharist. Protestants eliminated it 1600 yrs later.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#484629 Oct 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye bye France. Don't let the door hit you in the behind. Truth is truth, the Catholic Church will not change because France decided they wanted something different. Remember the King of England who wanted something different too? How's it going these days for that Church.. They've splintered into 500 different truths.
I am not on one side of the fence or the other. I just post information that catholics are not aware of about their church leaders, and followers.

If the church is growing good. If people are leaving, we should find out why.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#484630 Oct 24, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be Jim Jones, Charles Manson, Peter Popoff, Melissa Scott, Arnold Murray, Prestonites, Campbellites, Benny Hinnites, Confrintites, Rozezites, Ted Haggardites, Padites, Margites, LTMites, guessites,TRUTHites, Mikeites etc.
Yeah Christ established his church. He gave the Keys to Peter. He said I name you Peter (Rock) and upon this Rock I will build my church. Peter is the rock and Jesus prayeael. According to Truth the church is any group of false te mail order preacher degree. Protestants follow charismatic men and interpretations that fit with their world view of individual truths. Self As Hojo pointed out Paul in Ephesians says that Through The Church the truth would be revealed. The pillar of the truth. Peter warns the unlearned wrest scripture unto their destruction, but all Protestants have made themselves authorities saying they know the truth. The bible has something to say about teachers as well ignored by most protestants. Paul was sent to Ananias a member of the church to be ordained and Baptized. So we see clearly there was a hierarchy. Their were approved men who were chosen. They were given authority and their was always monarchal Bishops never just a body of loose believers each doing there own thing. Correction was given this is what most of the letters about. Have a good day.
Dust storm says........Yeah Christ established his church. He gave the Keys to Peter. He said I name you Peter (Rock) and upon this Rock I will build my church.
Michael says. Do you believe everything you read? Back in the day there were more tricksters/deceivers and frauds than there are today.
....Christianity did not start out as a unified movement. Read your christian history books!
....... It was a time where there was no fixed formulation, no rules and regulations, no plan of operation, no official rituals customs or traditions, what the set of Christian beliefs should be. What did they think or tell about Jesus. The first christians didn't believe Jesus to have been human but a spirit only. Read your history books its all there!
History sources tell us that Christianity started as a very diverse movement, as the founding of churches... moved into very different cultural and language contexts.
....So much for a set of keys given to Peter for one true church (lol)
Constantine the sun worshipper 250 years later is who got everything going in one direction with his power and persuasion.
You better read your early christian history, and learn that there never was one unified christian church or belief, until mighty constantine the sun-worshipper joined up with the early christian fathers in the 4th century.(lol)
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#484631 Oct 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You can try all you want to discredit the Church that Jesus founded, we are still #1......love or hate it, it will always be nķmero uno! Thanks be to GOD!
Religion News Service
"While mainline Protestant churches in the U.S. continue to experience decades-long decline.
The Roman Catholic Church (No. 1) and the Southern Baptist Convention (No. 2) are still significantly larger than all other North American denominations."
You over-react to everything catholic. You are one always looking over your shoulder, you hope people say negative things about your church so you can react.

Nobody hates your church. We just tell the other side of the story. The side you want to pretend doesn't exist.

Anything I posted today that you believe is incorrect please post back with your credable information that disapproves mine. Otherwise try another topic.

Liam

Chicago, IL

#484632 Oct 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not on one side of the fence or the other. I just post information that catholics are not aware of about their church leaders, and followers.
If the church is growing good. If people are leaving, we should find out why.
Thomas, why do you care why people are leaving a Church that you don't like, who worships a God that you don't believe in? Makes no sense.

The Church is growing rapidly in some parts of the world and declining in others. Its been that way for 2,000 yrs. Frankly, the Gospel has been preached to the French, Germans and Canadians. They have free will and some decided the Catholic Church doesn't give them what they want..Oh no, sound the alarm. The Church is still the truth and popular opinion means nothin. If popular opinion was the barometer on truth, then the Jews were justified in executing Jesus.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#484633 Oct 24, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>The first love of our Church is Christ, our Founder.
Define "our Church"...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#484634 Oct 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG, as usual Truth, which is no surprise to ANY OF US CATHOLICS who know the TRUTH OF THE TRUE Interpretation of the bible, the TRUTH of TRUE Apostolic Church History and the TRUTH of the TRUE WORD OF GOD. The WORD OF GOD defines the CHURCH as Jesus being the TRUE vine and we are the branches. We are the people of God! We are not the Church!! It is Jesus' Church!! This "called out" nonsense of yours is nothing but a but of bible only "distorting of the truth" when it comes to defining the WORD OF GOD. Defining of the WORD OF GOD comes to us from Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS Apostles through both the written and the unwritten (oral tradition) 2 Thess 2:15. The Greek translation here is "ecclesia" which refers to visible, heirarchical and authoritative CHURCH, NOT and invisible, ethereal body of believers (being called out) loosely connected and dis-connected today by faith alone in the bible, into over 42,000+ contradicting (hodge podge of personal opinions. Acts 2 confirms over and over and over again, Jesus Christs visible, heirarchical authoritative Church, ministered and headed by the Apsotles as Bishops, priests, elders and deacons--(again Acts 2). The WORD OF GOD (both written and unwritten (oral tradition) has been entrusted to the CHURCH that Jesus inititated, established and formed in Matthew 16:13-21 and the TRUTH of the wisdom of God is made known "specifically" in and through HIS CHURCH (I Tim 3:15 the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH of the WORD OF GOD!!!! Your bible only "fictitious" man-made doctrine has "no biblical or historical truth to back up ANY of its doctrine of beliefs!! It is a "mish-mash of thousands upon thousands of contradicting (modernistic myths)!!!!! You, Truth continue to "fish and catch NOTHING" just like Peter, before his TRUE Conversion to Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!
Stay with it!!!! Do not cease calling your pope a liar!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 2 hr Paul Porter1 421
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Do you know 9,678
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 10 hr Mr_SKY 84,400
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web