Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,376)

Showing posts 467,501 - 467,520 of532,265
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
A Christian is anyone who heeds the commandments of Jesus. Love God. Love your neighbor. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Depends on what LAW you are talking about.....

If you are talking about the Law of Moses.....NO, we are NOT under the Law of Moses.....

If you are talking about the Law of Christ and under grace....YES, that would be the answer.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus provided the definition for Christians. Love God. Love your neighbor.
And, like I said, I agree with this....but there is much more to being a Christian.....
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are talking about the Law of Moses.....NO, we are NOT under the Law of Moses.....
If you are talking about the Law of Christ and under grace....YES, that would be the answer.....
WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
A Christian is anyone who heeds the commandments of Jesus. Love God. Love your neighbor. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!
You really know alot about what "God" can or cannot do. How did you come across these intimate details?
Why have you not expressed these on a TV show, so you can let the whole world know that you know these things?
*sighs*
Why can't you admit, through honesty, that you really don't know what "God" can or cannot do?
Does it cause you to think about what you are saying? Or do you not care if you mislead otehrs with false assertions and claims?
He is,God ..He is,Holy. He Created the,World ..HE CAN DO ANYTHING .
if Jesus,told us,that He,and the Father are one ..

That the Father calls us,to JESUS..

THAT belief I JESUS,as,Lord ..leads to Eternal Life ..

I belief it ..through Faith..by the gift of Grace .

No TV show,Thanks,.

They have those .

I am saying what I KNOW And believe ..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus provided the definition for Christians. Love God. Love your neighbor.
Every true Christian is a disciple.

A disciple of Jesus Christ is a person who follows Jesus Christ and His teachings.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

StarC wrote:
500 Years of the Protestant Reformation
"October 21, 2013.( Romereports.com ) The year 2017 will mark 500 years since the start of the Protestant Reformation. The International Lutheran-Roman Catholic Commission on Unity, met with the Pope to strengthen their relationship by the time that key anniversary comes.
During their meeting, Pope Francis highlighted that the collaboration between Lutherans and Catholics has grown substantially in recent decades.
POPE FRANCIS
“I feel a profound sense of gratitude towards Jesus Christ, for the many steps that have been taken to improve the relationship between Lutherans and Catholics in recent decades. Not only through theological dialogue but also by means of brotherly collaboration in many pastoral fields and, above all, in our commitment to advance in spiritual ecumenism.”
The Pope explained that Catholics and Lutherans can ask for mutual forgiveness for the harm that they have inflicted on one another. He added that more challenges surely lie ahead, but still he said, there's no need to panic.
At the end of their meeting, the General Secretary for the Lutheran World Federation gave the Pope a symbolic gift, to mark the recent incident in Lampedusa, where hundreds of African immigrants drowned.
JORGE MURGEN
“I give you this simple teapot from a refugee. Her name is Fatima. She's from Somalia. She fled a refugee camp in Kenya, Dadaab. It's currently the largest refugee camp in the world, with over 400,000 refugees.”
POPE FRANCIS
“We're attacked by those who don't accept us, regardless of whether a person is Lutheran, Catholic, Orthodox or Coptic. Our blood is not divided.”
The Pope was very moved as he received the gift. He added that it gives a new dimension to ecumenism, which he described as an ecumenism of martyrdom."
Lovely report..really..

We ARE all in the same boat as regards to those who hate Christianity ..

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

StarC wrote:
.<quoted text>
Hey, I'm quoting Scripture, take it up with the Apostles.
Parading.....singing yes!
Praying “quietly” is like being in a closet.
:)
He also Saud we should gather together and ask in His,name
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Every true Christian is a disciple.
A disciple of Jesus Christ is a person who follows Jesus Christ and His teachings.
I hope you aren't planning on taking anything out of context and placing it above Jesus' commands to love God and neighbor. That would be a mistake.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

who="Truth"

----------
The just shall live by faith. No, we are not free to ignore God's commandments. Jesus said, "If you love Me, keep My commandments."
We don't have laws hanging over our heads, however. God promised to 'write His laws on our hearts'. When we are born again, we find it a privilege to follow His instructions/laws. Sometimes we have to struggle with our flesh, but as we follow Him, we overcome the flesh.
There IS one law from which we are free: "The soul that sins, IT shall die." Jesus paid the price for our sins, and when we confess them to Him, He forgives us AND cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

KayMarie

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>My Diocese has the most seminarians in the Country, we have successfull Catholic schools, we have a very active Catholic Social Service, we have cloistered nuns who are getting novitiates all the time. We have very active parishes. we have an average two, three priests per parish. We have an active Bishop too. We don't have girls serving, we are very traditional, I guess this is why God smiles on us.
~~~

You wrote

Diocese has the most seminarians in the Country, we have successful Catholic schools, we have a very active Catholic Social Service, we have cloistered nuns who are getting noviciats all the time. We have very active parishes.

I guess this is why God smiles on us.

question

Are you sure he is smiling....(since their is nothing you have written
about.... found/included in the Bible.)...

Are is he laughing out loud?

Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

Pro 1:26 ---> I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; <---

Pro 1:27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

Pro 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they

shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

Pro 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

Pro 1:30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

Pro 1:31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

to late for that writing on heart

by

Why ants don't have heart?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Did Creator created ants and others bags?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Why you think that humans are great numbers on earth then ants and others bags as well insect?

Did they have church?

Who rule over them?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Great numbers are always great numbers!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

How you find out words;'what so ever to my even little ones'..

-in beginning is word

Jesus say;'what you done from my father house'..

he say as well within 3 days i can recreated everything..

within 3 days ants can destroy your house without any boom..

Who have first house humans or animals..
look on field

- tree
-animals
-humans

ants have huge houses on desert too before humans yeeeeee

Are you sure you not read what Jesus say about temptation?
Where he is been tempted?

How you look small things then bigger?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Why you need love pastor not Jesus words?

Why Jesus walk in sandals but your pastors in car and airplane.

What deference in God mission as Jesus Christ do then your pastor?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Truth"
----------
The just shall live by faith. No, we are not free to ignore God's commandments. Jesus said, "If you love Me, keep My commandments."
We don't have laws hanging over our heads, however. God promised to 'write His laws on our hearts'. When we are born again, we find it a privilege to follow His instructions/laws. Sometimes we have to struggle with our flesh, but as we follow Him, we overcome the flesh.
There IS one law from which we are free: "The soul that sins, IT shall die." Jesus paid the price for our sins, and when we confess them to Him, He forgives us AND cleanses us from all unrighteousness.
KayMarie
And, this is why we are under the Law of Christ and of grace....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you aren't planning on taking anything out of context and placing it above Jesus' commands to love God and neighbor. That would be a mistake.
No, I am NOT placing anything above the COMMANDS of Jesus....that is why we have the New Testament....the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.....the good news.....

Since I have been on here, I have been trying to tell people about the COMMANDS of Jesus which are DIFFERENT then the 10 Commandments.....

This is why we ARE NOT under the Law of Moses.....but we are under the Law of Christ.....
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

God say no low exist

its INRI
-there died everything

god will close door as every door been close before
god is not merciful
god is so hurtful and killer

then
asked yourself

Which is your god.
how many god you have
how many masters
how many lords..

Before many gods exist yee before many civilization exist yee everything past

my words not

did you accuse abuse asult rest and prosecuted prophets..

prophets is not stay under other of anyone nooooo

its born with you

it is as it is on first day of creation what real Creator created for you..

only deceivers and possessors say what ever they liked..

sweet death better then be one of them

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Truth"
----------
KayMarie
Sins are not forgiven by Christ....per Scripture...

Christ is the Son of God..per Scripture..

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1. A double blessing promised and insured, namely, justification and sanctification, forgiveness of sin, and cleansing from it, yea, from all iniquity; when God pardons sin, no sin is left unpardoned; the sea can as easily drown a thousand men as a single man; God's act of pardoning grace is free and full.

2. The certainty of the mercy promised, God is faithful and just to forgive: not merciful and gracious, though so he is in himself, but faithful with respect to his promise to us, and just with respect to the satisfaction given by Christ for us. Almighty God in pardoning sin performs an act of strict justice with respect to Christ, as well as an act of grace and mercy, in regard of us; he is faithful and just, as well as gracious and merciful.

3. The indispensible duty required on our part, and that is confession of sin, If we confess. Now confession of sin is a penitent sinner's voluntary accusing himself to God, and condemning himself before God, with hatred of, shame and sorrow for, and a full resolution against his sin, together with an earnest desire of, and some good hope in divine mercy.

4. What relation confession stands in to remission, not as a meritorious cause; satisfaction, not confession, merits pardon, but it is an exclusive condition; there is no remission without confession; God will not pardon without it: And it is an inclusive condition; God will, certainly will, forgive them that confess: There is not only a possibility or probability, but an infallible certainty of obtaining remission upon confession.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 467,501 - 467,520 of532,265
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Married in 8,118
More 22 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••