Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665419 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484502 Oct 24, 2013
In reading the Bible I found this reference to the Roman Catholic church. The Roman Catholic church is described in I Timothy 4:1-3 and it reads as follows:

I Timothy 4:1-3, "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth." (KJV)

The Roman Catholic church has done and is doing the following as stated in these Bible verses ......

1. Departed from the faith
2. Given heed to seducing spirits
3. Given heed to the DOCTRINES of devils
4. Spoken lies in hypocrisy
5. Their conscience seared with a hot iron
6. Forbidding to marry
7. Commanding to abstain from meats

I Timothy 4:1-3, "Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons. These people are hypocrites and liars, and their consciences are dead. They will say it is wrong to be married and wrong to eat certain foods. But God created those foods to be eaten with thanks by faithful people who know the truth." (NLT)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484503 Oct 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
For the people who disagree with me.....
God created US......
The Word of God defines the "CALLED OUT" Christians.....
Why would you believe that the "CALLED OUT" have any authority to define who God is???
The Word of God is SUPREME over the "CALLED OUT" NOT the other way around.....
The "CALLED OUT" CANNOT be supreme over the Word of God.....
People, all of you need to wake up:

John 12:48

48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

Since all power is given to Jesus and we will be JUDGED by the WORD (JESUS, as JESUS is the Word of God,) we should learn His WILL for us by studying it diligently.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#484504 Oct 24, 2013
GOOD MORNING!!! What a beautiful day!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484505 Oct 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's in this group of people? Who decides who's in it? Who decides what the Bible is saying?
Answering "the Holy Spirit does" is taking the ignorant- easy way out.
The Bible is not all that Christ revealed and definitely not all that the Apostles set up. If they'd done that, they most certainly would have given us a list of Biblical Books to include as well as tell us to go by the Bible alone.
There is nothing in scripture to support your theology.
The Church is the pillar and bulwark of truth per scripture. Not the Bible. If the Bible was the pillar and bulwark of truth, than Paul would have called the Bible as such. Instead, he called the Church it.
You can read what their Disciples wrote about what they thought the Church was, or you can ignore it and pretend your scenario is truth.
You miss the mark EVERY TIME! You believe the "church" is an institution, a building and a form of religious government. The "church" is none of the above.

You have told everyone on this forum that Peter was your first pope. Historically you believe the pope more than the word of God. Well, what did your first "pope?" have to say about the church?

Let's read I Peter 2:4-5, 4 "Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."

The "church" is a living breathing organism. People, those born again, saved, delivered and called out are the living stones described by Peter. If you are a living stone then YOU are the church!

A church building is made of sticks and stones but God's church is made of flesh and bones.
truth

Perth, Australia

#484506 Oct 24, 2013
https://www.google.com.au/search...

iys confe start speak bythemself..i don't speak confe i just read with eyes..yes
its stop on word 'faith'..

see confe
why stop there and cvrk trough mind 'faith'
just that word..nothing else confe

why start speak confe

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484507 Oct 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
People, all of you need to wake up:
John 12:48
48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.
Since all power is given to Jesus and we will be JUDGED by the WORD (JESUS, as JESUS is the Word of God,) we should learn His WILL for us by studying it diligently.
The Gospel of John is a proven blasphemy and fraud.

Got anything from Mark ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484508 Oct 24, 2013
OldJG wrote:
..in I Timothy 4:1-3 ....
Paul is a confessed liar, thief, fraud and murderer.

What did Jesus teach ?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#484509 Oct 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He died to pay the price for Our Sins,...all of them ..He knew would would SIN here and Now .
If ONLY HIS,BLOOD could pay the price ..because HE was,sinless ..ten PERFECT LAMB...then it was a,once and ONLY sacrifice .
HE TOOK THE,sin ..yours,and,mine on that Cross ..
Not that He would have to do it again ...And again ...
So He died for Man and his,sin..
It was a gift..like,all gifts it has to be RECIEVED ...we do this,by believing ..by Faith in Him.as,our Saviour ..
So, based upon your logic, "sin" is irrelevant for any salvation, if Jesus already "paid for them".

You really don't know what Jesus taught, huh?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#484510 Oct 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's in this group of people? Who decides who's in it? Who decides what the Bible is saying?
The Bible is not all that Christ revealed and definitely not all that the Apostles set up. If they'd done that, they most certainly would have given us a list of Biblical Books to include as well as tell us to go by the Bible alone.
The Church is the pillar and bulwark of truth per scripture. Not the Bible. If the Bible was the pillar and bulwark of truth, than Paul would have called the Bible as such. Instead, he called the Church it.
You can read what their Disciples wrote about what they thought the Church was, or you can ignore it and pretend your scenario is truth.
~~~

THE CHURCH IS...

ekkle&#772;sia
ek-klay-see'-ah
From a compound of G1537 and a derivative of G2564; a calling out, that is,(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):- assembly, church.

THE CHURCH OF ROME HAS CALLED THEM SELVES OUT AND BECOME

koo-ber'-nay-sis
From &#954;&#965;&#946; &#949;&#961;&#957; &#945;&#769;&#969; kubernao&#772; (of Latin origin, to steer); pilotage, that is,(figuratively) directorship (in the church):- government.

A DICTATORSHIP...
--------

THE GOVERNMENT OF THE CHURCH IS UPON THE SHOULDERS OF CHRIST AND UNDER THE LEADERSHIP OF THE HOLY GHOST...

THE OLD TESTAMENT PROPHECY CONCERNING JESUS SAYS...

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

NOTE...IT DOES NOT NAME PETER OR A WARING.. ARROGANT... SELFISH... EVIL...EXCLUSIVE... ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ....HERE

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.

---
GOD IS THE ONE THAT PERFORMS IT ...NOT THE CORRUPT ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY

The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Albuquerque, NM

#484511 Oct 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He is,God ..He is,Holy. He Created the,World ..HE CAN DO ANYTHING .
if Jesus,told us,that He,and the Father are one ..
That the Father calls us,to JESUS..
THAT belief I JESUS,as,Lord ..leads to Eternal Life ..
I belief it ..through Faith..by the gift of Grace .
No TV show,Thanks,.
They have those .
I am saying what I KNOW And believe ..
Jesus is not "God"
- please post the exact passage that has Jesus stating "I am God."

Jesus can do anythign, but "God" can't stop a 14 year old from stabbing a teacher, or protecting children so they don't freeze to death. Right?

You have a very odd sense of reality. Well, maybe it is because you would prefer to lie about "knowing God".

Why is it that you cannot be honest and admit that you, like any human, can honestly say we don't know "God"?

Why do you want to lie to yourself? Is this comforting for you?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484512 Oct 24, 2013
"Believe me, there are some of you standing here who will know nothing of death until you have seen the kingdom of God coming in its power!" - Mark 9:1

Did Jesus lie or is the Bible wrong ?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#484513 Oct 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who BUT God ...FATHER ..SON...SPIRIT ..would REALLY know,if any person
Has,a,relationship with HIM..

People can go through the,motions,in any Church...yet God is, stranger o their heart ..

A,priest does,not determine who loves,God

Albuquerque, NM

#484514 Oct 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
For the people who disagree with me.....
God created US......
The Word of God defines the "CALLED OUT" Christians.....
Why would you believe that the "CALLED OUT" have any authority to define who God is???
The Word of God is SUPREME over the "CALLED OUT" NOT the other way around.....
The "CALLED OUT" CANNOT be supreme over the Word of God.....
I disagreed with you, and even posted support to what I posted.

...and this is the best refutation you could come up - the same post as before?

*sighs*

#484515 Oct 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is not "God"
- please post the exact passage that has Jesus stating "I am God."
Jesus can do anythign, but "God" can't stop a 14 year old from stabbing a teacher, or protecting children so they don't freeze to death. Right?
You have a very odd sense of reality. Well, maybe it is because you would prefer to lie about "knowing God".
Why is it that you cannot be honest and admit that you, like any human, can honestly say we don't know "God"?
Why do you want to lie to yourself? Is this comforting for you?
Jesus is not "God"

ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURE BELOW ...IN GOD'S EYES YOU ARE ANTICHRIST

1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?

He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

NOTE
1Jn_2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484516 Oct 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay,

Everything the church ("CALLED OUT") believes and practices depends upon HIM and should be built around HIM.

WHY????

Because Jesus is the Word of God....

1 Corinthians 3:9-11

9 <<<<<For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building.>>>>>

10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should ~build with care.~

11 *For NO one can lay any foundation other than the ONE already laid, <which is Jesus Christ.>*

Again, the Word of God defines us "CALLED OUT."

The "CALLED OUT" does NOT define the Word of God....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484517 Oct 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
GOOD MORNING!!! What a beautiful day!!!
Good morning Sis,..
Might go down to be in the,eightiess today ..Lol
Has been about 91.

It's,a cold front ..lol

Not kidding that a,what the,weTher says,..our first cold front ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484518 Oct 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So, based upon your logic, "sin" is irrelevant for any salvation, if Jesus already "paid for them".
You really don't know what Jesus taught, huh?
We,MUST REPENT ..live in Christ ..make every effort to not Sin again ..

IT IS,FINISHED ..the sacrifice has been done ...what ???
We should kill calves,and lambs,now????

Why WAS,HIS LIFE FORFEIT ...

As,TellingTelling,ONLY UNBLEMISHED SON OF ADAM ...that's why He,was,fully human aS,well as,fully divine
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#484519 Oct 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
Protestant groups display a wide variety of different doctrines. However, virtually all claim to believe in the teachings of sola scriptura ("by Scripture alone"—the idea that we must use only the Bible when forming our theology) and sola fide ("by faith alone"— the idea that we are justified by faith only).

WE SOLA SCRIPTURIANS HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE....
You bible only "fundies" have been "going downhill" ever since Luther "invented his "man-made" (pre-fabricated) Sola Ecclesia fictitious (half-truth, half heresy) Christianity some 500 years ago at the beginning of the Reformation!!! Jesus Christ NEVER taught to His Apostles (or ANYONE else for that matter) that The TRUTH of the WORD OF GOD was in the bible alone!! PROOF of what Jesus ACTUALLY taught is the WORD OF GOD ALONE which comes to us from Christ HIMSELF and HIS Apostles through BOTH the written and the oral tradition (2 Thess 2:15) which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus builds upon the rock of Peter (Matthew 16:13-21. The ineffable wisdom of God is (only) made known through HIS Church (Eph 3:9-10)which is PROVEN, VERIFIED and AUTHENTICATED by Paul in I Timothy 3:15, when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH! Your distorted and perverted "man-made" bible only (opinions) Confrinting--- are just another one of the (contradicting) 42,000+
"editorialist "bible waiving" preachers" that DO NOT SPEAK FOR GOD and never will!-------- ONLY, until you come to the TRUTH of the TRUE WORD OF GOD (2 Thess 2:15) and TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ that HE gave us over 2000 years ago, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church,(only then) will your preaching begin to have ANY resemblance of "credibility"!!! Currently "it has little of nothing at all"!!!!!!! Your bible only ministry Confrinting, is nothing more than a vindictive and hatefilled anti-catholic (opinionated)------trash talking"----"clangin g cymbal or a noisy gong" (I Cor 13:1)

#484520 Oct 24, 2013
Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS

Set THEIR affection on the THINGS OF THE earth.

THEIR FIRST LOVE ... FIRST AND FOREMOST IS THEIR

DYNASTY IN ROME...THEIR POMP PRIDE POPE...PROGRAMS RITUALS

MARY IS THE DELIGHT OF THEIR LIVES ..

SAINT ARE SECONDARY...

JESUS AND GOD GET HONORABLE MENTION OCCASIONALLY ...

THEIR FIRST LOVE IS THEIR POSITION OF DICTATORIAL STANCE

THAT THEY HAVE LIED ON GOD TO ASSUME ...
Liam

Elizabeth, NJ

#484522 Oct 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay,
Everything the church ("CALLED OUT") believes and practices depends upon HIM and should be built around HIM.
WHY????
Because Jesus is the Word of God....
1 Corinthians 3:9-11
9 <<<<<For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building.>>>>>
10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should ~build with care.~
11 *For NO one can lay any foundation other than the ONE already laid, <which is Jesus Christ.>*
Again, the Word of God defines us "CALLED OUT."
The "CALLED OUT" does NOT define the Word of God....
Have you read the Bible? Why on Earth would you think that Jesus Christ left us with some misc writings of SOME of His Apostles, that would be published 1400 yrs later, as the vehicle in which Christ wished to convey His truth to the world?
And also, the alarming thing is, you believe the Apostle didn't properly articulate the truth, because nobody in early Church history came to understand the Church as you define it. Nor any the teachings on Communion, Baptism and Confession..

Your scenario is a conspiracy Christianity. It makes no sense, truth. Clearly and irrefutably, Our Lord established Apostolic succession as the pillar and bulwark of truth. This is evident by historic fact on how the Bible came to fruition in the first place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 10 hr stfu 159
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web