Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646307 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#484412 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, are you saying this information is incorrect? The roman catholic church DOES NOT have canon laws and papal documents that go back to the 4th century outlining sexually active clergy?
Doesn't matter what the source is as long as it is true. You are trying to deflect the issue.
Does the catholic church have canon laws/papal documents recorded in their archives that go back to the 4th century that discuss sexually active catholic clergy?
I'm sure they do. They have 2000 years worth of documents preaching against sexual sin, plus 1000 years of OT teaching against sexual sin. Guess what? 3000 years later PEOPLE STILL COMMIT SEXUAL SINS!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#484413 Oct 23, 2013
who="Liam "wrote
Face it. You hate the CC for reasons that have nothing to do with abuse allegations. You're nuts if you think we can't see what you're about.
You left the Church; you don't believe in God; the Church's social moral teachings conflict with your livelihood. That's what its all about.
In fact, that's why every allegation is smeared on the secular news today. The CC was every vocal against same sex marriage here in MN. The local left wing news will not let the Church forget that either.
That's ok, Thomas. The Church has withstood bigots in every decade since 33 AD. You'll be gone and your daily rants will have done nothin to take
You're nuts if you think we can't see what you're about.
___

You wrote

You left the Church; you don't believe in God; the Church's social moral teachings conflict with your livelihood.with the Catholic Church.

own the Catholic Church.

Michael's problem

Is that He believe in your Church and it has betrayed him..

He found out that the Roman Catholic church has no social moral

teachings pr standard...and He is in conflict with your double

standard...

His observation of this double standard has brought him to a place

of abject confusion...

He cannot agree with your example ...yet he has been taught as a child

by the Roman Catholics that it is the one and only true apostolic Church...

These sins sins have created a vacuum for him.... as well an millions of

others...that have been lied to

The arrogant church refuse to own their sins and still hold to a

testamentary of its authenticity and perfection....and how it obtained it..

That fable too is supposition and assumptions that have no proof in the Bible

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#484414 Oct 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I who have done no wrong, am criticized for informing others of those who have done much wrong, yet no criticism of them.
8 roman catholic dioceses have filed for bankruptcy in america in the past 10 years as a result of their wrong doings. Thats nearly 1,000 parishes.
... if the church leaders had been living the same moral life that they preach to you, I would have nothing to report about them.
HIPOCRICY!
that is HUGE!
~~~
YOU WROTE
I who have done no wrong, am criticized for informing others of those who have done much wrong, yet no criticism of them.
I am glad that you still admit that there is such a thing as DOING WRONG
IT SHOWS THAT YOU ARE NOT A FULL BLOWN ATHEIST...
and there is still hope for you
TO AN ATHEIST THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS WRONG...
IT IS NEITHER ... BLACK... NOR WHITE...ONLY GRAY
What? More unfounded bullshite GiF?

Most adult humans know the difference between right and wrong, and many acknowledge the difference - including Atheists.

Why do you make up things? To mislead others "in your flock" no doubt.

You must love keeping a keen eye on causing division amongst people. You continuously do it.

And you call yourself a so-called "Christian"?

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#484415 Oct 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church has been preaching and teaching against immoral behaviour for 17 centuries?
What is this world coming to???
...and yet the RCC seems to have not gotten this message, as they continue to do immoral behaviour.

Hmmmm....another conundrum or a misdirection. I'm still trying to figure it out. Give me a few seconds.

*sighs*
Dan

Atlanta, GA

#484416 Oct 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure they do. They have 2000 years worth of documents preaching against sexual sin, plus 1000 years of OT teaching against sexual sin. Guess what? 3000 years later PEOPLE STILL COMMIT SEXUAL SINS!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!
This is HUGE!!!

I hope no one comes after you for simply giving out information no one wants to hear!

Albuquerque, NM

#484417 Oct 23, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said that no dioceses filed for Bankruptcy?
No one.
DOH!!

Of couorse no one has said that.

Why do you twist your statements around so much?

You are beginning to act like a 4-yeor old, who just got caught with their hand in the cookie jar before dinner.

It is quite saddening that other so-called "Catholics" act the same way you do.
Dan

Atlanta, GA

#484418 Oct 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The twisting of facts - always place them upon another, so you don't have to accept the first answer they give you.
*sighs*
Why is it that you are always redirecting the discussion?
What are you scared of with accepting the truths for what they are?
Jesus would be ashamed of you.
What-did you borrow Micahel's "all-seeing eye" decoder ring?

Now you're telling us what Jesus would think of me.

*sighs*

*rolls eyes*

*yawns*

*doesn't give a crap what you think Jesus would think of me*

Albuquerque, NM

#484419 Oct 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
1700 years of people sinning and we still can't get them to stop???!!! Unbelieveable!!!
I feel your frustration.

Jesus supposedly "died for our sins", but yet there is still sin.

I guess he only covered "sin" up and to the day he supposedly died, huh?

What is believable, if one were to believe in what Jesus taught, one would find that this "belief" of "died for our sins" isn't anything Jesus taught, but only came from men who thought they knew what they were talking about [Self], but failed miserably.

You do believe Jesus, right?

Albuquerque, NM

#484420 Oct 23, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What-did you borrow Micahel's "all-seeing eye" decoder ring?
Now you're telling us what Jesus would think of me.
*sighs*
*rolls eyes*
*yawns*
*doesn't give a crap what you think Jesus would think of me*
I don't need any decoder ring to understand your attempts to mis-direct and mislead.

You explain these taqctics very well - with your own words.

As for me telling you what Jesus would think of you, sure, why not. My opinion is only that, and this is "Freedom of Speech Week", so I am doing my part to keep it active.

http://edsitement.neh.gov/freedom-speech-week...

Maybe you should hold off on your comments for "Freedom to Mislead Week" - whenever that should come around.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#484421 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
I feel your frustration.
What is believable, if one were to believe in what Jesus taught, one would find that this "belief" of "died for our sins" isn't anything Jesus taught, but only came from men who thought they knew what they were talking about [Self], but failed miserably.
Catholics don't believe we're "snow-covered dung heaps"...ask the fundamentalists.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#484422 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
...and yet the RCC seems to have not gotten this message, as they continue to do immoral behaviour.
Hmmmm....another conundrum or a misdirection. I'm still trying to figure it out. Give me a few seconds.
*sighs*
I take it you're waiting for them to be 100% sin-free before you join back up?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#484423 Oct 23, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
This is HUGE!!!
I hope no one comes after you for simply giving out information no one wants to hear!
I still trying to figure out how atheists determine what immoral behaviour is.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#484424 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay:
You don't have to answer my posts. Its obvious you are another with his head in the sand just hoping this will all just go away.
Lets talk about the other big vatican scandal that involves MONEY LAUNDERING.
Are you going to say I am making this up?
http://rt.com/news/vatican-mafia-laundering-m...
Don't you believe people have a right to know what is going on in their church.....good and bad?
You just want everyone to sit around holding hands singing KUM-BY-YA and pretend nothing is going on.
I bring the news that catholics should know about but don't want to know about.
There is not one member of the Catholic Church who's without sin. I don't know why you obsess with the sins of them. It has nothing to do with the truth they teach. Every sinner of the Catholic Church violates the infallible teachings of her. So it could an said that every member- including the Popes- have violated the teachings at one time or another.
The reason why you obsess is because you're not a Catholic anymore and don't want anyone else to be either.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#484425 Oct 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I still trying to figure out how atheists determine what immoral behaviour is.
Lol. Good point.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#484426 Oct 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics don't believe we're "snow-covered dung heaps"...ask the fundamentalists.
~~~

THE FIRST STEP TO RECEIVE FORGIVENESS OF SINS IS TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEM...

YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE VOLUNTARILY JOINED YOURSELVES IN

ACCEPTING ALL THE SIN THAT HAS BEEN PERPETRATED AGAINST HUMANITY

WHEN YOU BECAME PART AND PARTY IN PROTECTING IT...THUS YOU WILL BE PART

AND PARTY TO ITS PUNISHMENT COME JUDGMENT DAY...

ANS there will be no FORGIVENESS...BECAUSE THERE HAS BEEN NO CONFESSION.

If you were STANDING UP FOR JESUS ...IT would be DIFFERENT...

BUT YOU ARE STANDING UP FOR AND PROTECTING AN INSTITUTION THAT HAS BEEN

ONE OF THE MOST EVIL ORGANIZATIONS ON EARTH...WHICH EVIL WAS DONE

supposedly IN THE NAME OF GOD...

Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#484427 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE VOLUNTARILY JOINED YOURSELVES IN
ACCEPTING ALL THE SIN THAT HAS BEEN PERPETRATED AGAINST HUMANITY
BUT YOU ARE STANDING UP FOR AND PROTECTING AN INSTITUTION THAT HAS BEEN
ONE OF THE MOST EVIL ORGANIZATIONS ON EARTH...WHICH EVIL WAS DONE
Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
The Christian mission field is a “magnet” for sexual abusers, Boz Tchividjian, a Liberty University law professor who investigates abuse said Thursday (Sept. 26) to a room of journalists.

While comparing evangelicals to Catholics on abuse response,”I think we are worse,” he said at the Religion Newswriters Association conference, saying too many evangelicals had “sacrificed the souls” of young victims.

“Protestants can be very arrogant when pointing to Catholics,” said Tchividjian, a grandson of evangelist Billy Graham and executive director of Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment (GRACE), which has investigated sex abuse allegations.

Earlier this summer, GRACE spearheaded an online petition decrying the “silence” and “inattention” of evangelical leaders to sexual abuse in their churches.

“The Protestant culture is defined by independence,” Tchividjian said. Evangelicals often frown upon transparency and accountability, he said, as many Protestants rely on Scripture more than religious leaders, compared to Catholics.

Abusers discourage whistle-blowing by condemning gossip to try to keep people from reporting abuse, he said. Victims are also told to protect the reputation of Jesus.

Too many Protestant institutions have sacrificed souls in order to protect their institutions, he said.”We’ve got the Gospels backwards,” he said.

http://www.religionnews.com/2013/09/26/billy-...

Albuquerque, NM

#484428 Oct 23, 2013

I feel your frustration.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
This sounds like a "Dan" response.

Since I didn't say this in any of my posts, where did you get this little tidbit from?

I betcha you've been hanging onto it for sometime, and just waiting to pounce and post, huh?

Uhm....okay - if this is how you really feel about fundamentalists.

Albuquerque, NM

#484429 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
*sighs*
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you're waiting for them to be 100% sin-free before you join back up?
Uhm - no.

I'm not planning to be back-up to anyone. And I can guarantee you this, that I will never be a participant in the RCC ever again - back-up or frontman. It just isn't worth it or my while.

But there you go again, trying to spin a new tale about me?

Why are you trying to mislead others?

Does making up things about me, give you comfort?

Albuquerque, NM

#484430 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Self.
<quoted text>
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE VOLUNTARILY JOINED YOURSELVES IN ACCEPTING ALL THE SIN THAT HAS BEEN PERPETRATED AGAINST HUMANITY
You don't know this. You only parrot what others or yourSelf have deemed to say. And more than likely, just to cause a rise in those other people, without really having any formidable evidence to substantiate what you claim.
<quoted text>
Once again, with you playing "God" again, you aren't giving others a chance to correct theirselves.

Self.
<quoted text>
If you were to believe in all of what Jesus taught, you would different altogether.
<quoted text>
BUT YOU ARE STANDING UP FOR AND PROTECTING AN INSTITUTION THAT HAS BEEN ONE OF THE MOST EVIL ORGANIZATIONS ON EARTH...WHICH EVIL WAS DONE
And you mock that which gave you your core theology.

DOH!!

Location hidden

#484431 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
No one said
Two commandments hung the prophets...
You must be kidding...
No Christian should really have such a lack of understanding
of the scriptures...
There is something you can do about it though...
The Bible says...
Jas 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Jas 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Jas 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
No Christian should really have such a lack of understanding
of the scriptures...There is something you can do about it though...The Bible says...

Zep 1:1 ¶ The word of the LORD which came unto Zephaniah the son of Cushi, the son of Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hizkiah, in the days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah.
2 I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the LORD.{I will...; Heb. By taking away I will make an end} 3 I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumblingblocks with the wicked; and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the LORD. 4 I will also stretch out mine hand upon Judah, and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will cut off the remnant of Baal from this place, and the name of the Chemarims with the priests; 5 And them that worship the host of heaven upon the housetops; and them that worship and that swear by the LORD, and that swear by Malcham

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web