Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675419 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#484398 Oct 23, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, your all-seeing eye goes from what most of all Catholics did or didn't do RE: the scandal to the confessional habits of priests.
You have no idea whether or not they were repentant.
There are many documented cases of priests/bishops that offended over and over. The priests and bishops who knew of these offences and did nothing covering up these sins, over and over doesn't mean they can pop into the confessional themselves and keep telling the same sin over and over without being heartly sorry for that sin.

If you are covering up sins for years and they did because no one dialed 9-1-1. then they are not very honest, and being deceitful.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#484399 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying you don't believe the canon laws and papal documents of your own church that outline what has been going on for 17 centuries?
Are you saying the church does not have these canon laws regarding this most serious issue?
The Catholic Church has been preaching and teaching against immoral behaviour for 17 centuries?

What is this world coming to???

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#484400 Oct 23, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, that's why every allegation is smeared on the secular news today.
OOPS!!

Don't you mean SF, California, like your avatar shows??

*sighs*
Michael

Canada

#484401 Oct 23, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.
Let us know how each Catholic in each diocese reacted to the scandal, noting precisely what they did or didn't say or do. Your statement was that none said anything.
Also, you'll provide transcripts from each cleric's confessions detailing where they were never repentant (your assertion made) for any role they may have played in said scandals.
you just keep making up excuses for bad behavior. What does that say about you?

If a clergy member who was abusing a child repetatively is being honest and tells another priest his confession of wrong doing. The priest who hears the confession should be instructing the offending priests to stop committing such crimes immediately.

Its obvious that NEVER HAPPENED! no one became accountable.

I am sure if I went to a priest and told him I stole an item from a store, I am sure any good priest would tell me as part of my penance to return the item and inform the shop keeper of my bad deed and I WON'T DO IT AGAIN.

Too bad the clergy didn't do the same when they did wrong.

Everything was kept secret. That is not living the moral life they teach us to live.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#484402 Oct 23, 2013

Albuquerque, NM

#484403 Oct 23, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The CC was every vocal against same sex marriage here in MN.
My bad - wrong statement was included....

"OOPS!

Don't you mean SF, California?"
Michael

Canada

#484404 Oct 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony did not say this, the John Jay College of Criminal Justice said it. I cited the source.
Michael did not say this, Patrick Wall said it. You plagiarized it from Richard Sipe's website.
Anthony, are you saying this information is incorrect? The roman catholic church DOES NOT have canon laws and papal documents that go back to the 4th century outlining sexually active clergy?

Doesn't matter what the source is as long as it is true. You are trying to deflect the issue.

Does the catholic church have canon laws/papal documents recorded in their archives that go back to the 4th century that discuss sexually active catholic clergy?

Michael

Canada

#484405 Oct 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church has been preaching and teaching against immoral behaviour for 17 centuries?
These canon laws on the books for 17 centuries the ones listed on that website deal specifically with roman catholic clergy regarding issues of some of them being sexually active.

1700 years is a long time without getting it under control until what? The year 2012.

UNBELIEVABLE!
Dan

Atlanta, GA

#484406 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
I post the information that you said isn't true, but it is true, and you give me negative judgies.
Its obvious you have an axe to grind with anyone who doesn't think just like you.
9 roman catholic dioceses filed for bankruptcy. That is a huge problem.
Remember its you that give the bishops their money. If they were doing what they were suppose to be doing, there would be no victims and lawsuits.
Who said that no dioceses filed for Bankruptcy?

No one.

Albuquerque, NM

#484407 Oct 23, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, your all-seeing eye goes from what most of all Catholics did or didn't do RE: the scandal to the confessional habits of priests.
You have no idea whether or not they were repentant.
Just more evidence that shows the RCC is not any "true church", unless you think doing the things that they have done, in regards to these "bad habits", is a condintion needed to become a "true church". Do you?

You see Dan, with you trying to twist these "bad habits" away from the public eye (this forum), only shows that you either support these acts, even though they are considered major sins in many eyes, or you just want it to breeze on by you, and let it stay under the carpet.

It seems this way to me and probably others.

Why are you still a Catholic, if your heirarchy can't even control themselves?

Sounds to me that your church is failing in many ways.

- refusing to believe in all of what Jesus taught
- hid abuse of children over decades
- money laundrying
- many diocese closing - lack of membership or not enough funds to support them

...just to name a few pieces of evidence that clearly shows that there is no "true church" here.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#484408 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The very men who taught you and I that we could not receive holy communion with grave sins on our souls. Sins such as lieing, deceiving, and covering up sin, often for years! yet these very same priests/bishops who told us no eucharist, gave themselves the eucharist at EVERY mass they said everyday, without repentance.
You ok with that?
Without repentence? How in the hell would you know that?

According to the John Jay report there was a <4% chance that a priest even had an accusation. Of those <4%, some of them were inappropriate language or physical contact such as an arm around the shoulder or a hand on the leg. In the end, out of 109,000+ priests over 50 years there were 252 convictions resulting in 0.0023% chance that I received communion from a priest who had abused. I think I'm in good shape Mike.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#484409 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
These canon laws on the books for 17 centuries the ones listed on that website deal specifically with roman catholic clergy regarding issues of some of them being sexually active.
1700 years is a long time without getting it under control until what? The year 2012.
UNBELIEVABLE!
1700 years of people sinning and we still can't get them to stop???!!! Unbelieveable!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#484410 Oct 23, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.
Let us know how each Catholic in each diocese reacted to the scandal, noting precisely what they did or didn't say or do. Your statement was that none said anything.
Also, you'll provide transcripts from each cleric's confessions detailing where they were never repentant (your assertion made) for any role they may have played in said scandals.
The twisting of facts - always place them upon another, so you don't have to accept the first answer they give you.

*sighs*

Why is it that you are always redirecting the discussion?

What are you scared of with accepting the truths for what they are?

Jesus would be ashamed of you.
Dan

Atlanta, GA

#484411 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
you just keep making up excuses for bad behavior. What does that say about you?
If a clergy member who was abusing a child repetatively is being honest and tells another priest his confession of wrong doing. The priest who hears the confession should be instructing the offending priests to stop committing such crimes immediately.
Its obvious that NEVER HAPPENED! no one became accountable.
I am sure if I went to a priest and told him I stole an item from a store, I am sure any good priest would tell me as part of my penance to return the item and inform the shop keeper of my bad deed and I WON'T DO IT AGAIN.
Too bad the clergy didn't do the same when they did wrong.
Everything was kept secret. That is not living the moral life they teach us to live.
I didn't make a thing up.

You said repeatedly that catholcis were silent about it and that priests were unrepentant.

I asked you to simply substantiate what you wrote.

You said repeatedly that Catholics
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#484412 Oct 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, are you saying this information is incorrect? The roman catholic church DOES NOT have canon laws and papal documents that go back to the 4th century outlining sexually active clergy?
Doesn't matter what the source is as long as it is true. You are trying to deflect the issue.
Does the catholic church have canon laws/papal documents recorded in their archives that go back to the 4th century that discuss sexually active catholic clergy?
I'm sure they do. They have 2000 years worth of documents preaching against sexual sin, plus 1000 years of OT teaching against sexual sin. Guess what? 3000 years later PEOPLE STILL COMMIT SEXUAL SINS!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#484413 Oct 23, 2013
who="Liam "wrote
Face it. You hate the CC for reasons that have nothing to do with abuse allegations. You're nuts if you think we can't see what you're about.
You left the Church; you don't believe in God; the Church's social moral teachings conflict with your livelihood. That's what its all about.
In fact, that's why every allegation is smeared on the secular news today. The CC was every vocal against same sex marriage here in MN. The local left wing news will not let the Church forget that either.
That's ok, Thomas. The Church has withstood bigots in every decade since 33 AD. You'll be gone and your daily rants will have done nothin to take
You're nuts if you think we can't see what you're about.
___

You wrote

You left the Church; you don't believe in God; the Church's social moral teachings conflict with your livelihood.with the Catholic Church.

own the Catholic Church.

Michael's problem

Is that He believe in your Church and it has betrayed him..

He found out that the Roman Catholic church has no social moral

teachings pr standard...and He is in conflict with your double

standard...

His observation of this double standard has brought him to a place

of abject confusion...

He cannot agree with your example ...yet he has been taught as a child

by the Roman Catholics that it is the one and only true apostolic Church...

These sins sins have created a vacuum for him.... as well an millions of

others...that have been lied to

The arrogant church refuse to own their sins and still hold to a

testamentary of its authenticity and perfection....and how it obtained it..

That fable too is supposition and assumptions that have no proof in the Bible

Albuquerque, NM

#484414 Oct 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I who have done no wrong, am criticized for informing others of those who have done much wrong, yet no criticism of them.
8 roman catholic dioceses have filed for bankruptcy in america in the past 10 years as a result of their wrong doings. Thats nearly 1,000 parishes.
... if the church leaders had been living the same moral life that they preach to you, I would have nothing to report about them.
HIPOCRICY!
that is HUGE!
~~~
YOU WROTE
I who have done no wrong, am criticized for informing others of those who have done much wrong, yet no criticism of them.
I am glad that you still admit that there is such a thing as DOING WRONG
IT SHOWS THAT YOU ARE NOT A FULL BLOWN ATHEIST...
and there is still hope for you
TO AN ATHEIST THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS WRONG...
IT IS NEITHER ... BLACK... NOR WHITE...ONLY GRAY
What? More unfounded bullshite GiF?

Most adult humans know the difference between right and wrong, and many acknowledge the difference - including Atheists.

Why do you make up things? To mislead others "in your flock" no doubt.

You must love keeping a keen eye on causing division amongst people. You continuously do it.

And you call yourself a so-called "Christian"?

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#484415 Oct 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
...and yet the RCC seems to have not gotten this message, as they continue to do immoral behaviour.

Hmmmm....another conundrum or a misdirection. I'm still trying to figure it out. Give me a few seconds.

*sighs*
Dan

Atlanta, GA

#484416 Oct 23, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure they do. They have 2000 years worth of documents preaching against sexual sin, plus 1000 years of OT teaching against sexual sin. Guess what? 3000 years later PEOPLE STILL COMMIT SEXUAL SINS!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!
This is HUGE!!!

I hope no one comes after you for simply giving out information no one wants to hear!

Albuquerque, NM

#484417 Oct 23, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said that no dioceses filed for Bankruptcy?
No one.
DOH!!

Of couorse no one has said that.

Why do you twist your statements around so much?

You are beginning to act like a 4-yeor old, who just got caught with their hand in the cookie jar before dinner.

It is quite saddening that other so-called "Catholics" act the same way you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Apr 21 Joe 30
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 20 Rdclaw2000 10,517
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
News Pope Francis will do 'everything he can' to vis... Mar 31 Gods r Delusions ... 1
More from around the web