Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,442
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#484043 Oct 21, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Gotcha Cowboy. Im on your posse Partner.
Please
Don't tell me we are now taking a,Covered Wagon on this trip .

I need my AC. And more than two sticks rubbed together to get nuisance going!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484044 Oct 21, 2013
Lol get my SAUCE going
marge

Ames, IA

#484045 Oct 21, 2013
Luke 11:9
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.

Matthew 7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Luke 11:10
For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484046 Oct 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>don't pay any attention to this freak. just scroll past her posts and then you don't know what she says. those who love you could care less what she spouts, it all comes from her friend satan.
God is great in sending me the friends,I found Here .

I just saw this,story Preston ..totally different subject ..

This is,awful ..thought of you ..

http://blackkettle.wordpress.com/2013/10/21/c...
marge

Ames, IA

#484047 Oct 21, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Gotcha Cowboy. Im on your posse Partner.
We knew this already, we'll see who wins it will be obvious.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484048 Oct 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "The Bible does not say the infallible rule for the Christian is the Bible." End quote.
Since God is our Creator (Isaiah 40:28, "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.), He is our authority
(Isaiah 43:15, "I am the LORD, your Holy One,
the Creator of Israel, your King."), and His Word is the final authority for humankind, and the only entirely trustworthy moral litmus test (1 John 2:5, "But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.). It explains life and death and gives us a clear understanding of right and wrong.
Not only profitable. No No. It, the Bible, every word of the Bible, is GOD BREATHED. As He breathed life into the dirt and created Adam so it is with the Bible. Every word in the Bible is by the inspiration of God. God breathed His word into the men who wrote it down and gave it to us.
Genesis 2:7, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
II Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, none of those verses say the Bible is the infallible rule for the Christian.
I suppose you say the Bible interrupts itself too. Yet, you interpret it?
I think you suffer from acute Bible worship syndrome. The Bible has become your god.
Apparently you do not believe the Bible is the word of God, correct? If you believe the Bible is the word of God and you do not believe it you call God a liar. Is God a liar, cly?

Finally, I worship the living God not the Bible. You on the other hand worship a cracker. Why would anyone worship a cracker? Who instructed you to worship a cracker? Your mommy and daddy?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484049 Oct 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>you must surround youself with positive people and people with the
same valuesas yourself.....
This is a sign if the Times ..very sad .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484050 Oct 21, 2013
And ridiculous

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484051 Oct 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree ..And that is,one hard,thing at times.
JESUS is very wise, don't you think
Yes.

Sadly most of the texts from his time were burned by Christians.

The closest we can probably get to what he taught (unless more hidden texts are found)are in the Gospels of Mark (early short version) and Thomas.
marge

Ames, IA

#484052 Oct 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Lol get my SAUCE going
Do you grow you own tomatoes or the rest of your ingredients? We didn't have a garden this year except a few things like garlic which you have to plant year after year to keep growing. It's from Sicily award winning. But I never made sauce yet just salsa.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484053 Oct 21, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it faith alone, or faith + works? I'll let you and the other bible worshipers tackle that one all night.
The Bible doesn't contradict itself when in the hands of the proper authorities who compiled it. However, when you put three fanatics in a room together to decipher Bible verses, all Hell breaks loose. Sadly, you ruin it for all of Christendom by your actions.
You said, quote, "Sadly, you ruin it for all of Christendom by your actions." End quote.

Again, again and again. When you cannot answer a question you resort to this. And Christendom is Roman Catholicism. The two are polar opposites.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#484054 Oct 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "The Bible does not say the infallible rule for the Christian is the Bible." End quote.
Since God is our Creator (Isaiah 40:28, "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.), He is our authority
(Isaiah 43:15, "I am the LORD, your Holy One,
the Creator of Israel, your King."), and His Word is the final authority for humankind, and the only entirely trustworthy moral litmus test (1 John 2:5, "But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.). It explains life and death and gives us a clear understanding of right and wrong.
Not only profitable. No No. It, the Bible, every word of the Bible, is GOD BREATHED. As He breathed life into the dirt and created Adam so it is with the Bible. Every word in the Bible is by the inspiration of God. God breathed His word into the men who wrote it down and gave it to us.
Genesis 2:7, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
II Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
<quoted text>
Apparently you do not believe the Bible is the word of God, correct? If you believe the Bible is the word of God and you do not believe it you call God a liar. Is God a liar, cly?
Finally, I worship the living God not the Bible. You on the other hand worship a cracker. Why would anyone worship a cracker? Who instructed you to worship a cracker? Your mommy and daddy?
Thank you for that beautiful proof that to be a Christian demands either utter dishonesty or complete ignorance.

The greatest proof of the fraud of Christianity is Christians themselves.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484055 Oct 21, 2013
Rome has done her best to destroy the Bible, should it come into possession of her people in their mother tongue. In Reformation days she consigned the Bible to the flames, and down through history practiced torture, imprisonment and death on those who sought to read and believe the truths of the Word of God.

IS ROME THE PERSERVER OF THE BIBLE?

Rome asserts that we are under her debt for the preservation of the Bible and maintains that she is the guardian of the Bible. Is this so?

No, this is another lie of Rome. The Bible is not the word of any Pope or Church but is the Word of God and has been Divinely preserved by God for the world of men through His grace alone. It was safeguarded for us, not by the Church of Rome who did everything in her power to destroy the Bible, but by the Jews and the saints, for the faith was delivered to the saints - the true believers in Christ, members of the universal church.

WHAT IS VATICAN II?

Vatican II was the Roman Catholic Church Council opened by Pope John on 11 October, 1962, and closed by Pope John Paul on 8 December, 1965. It issued an update by Rome on her dogmas. Ecumenical clergy in the 'Protestant' churches claimed that it marked a change in Rome's doctrines. The documents issued by Vatican II explode this claim as an atrocious lie.

WHAT IS THE ATTITUDE OF THE CHURCH OF ROME TODAY TO THE BIBLE?

Vatican Council II did not change in any basic way Rome's attitude to the Bible. Rome still claims that she alone can interpret the Bible. She also still claims that religious authority is based upon the Bible plus Tradition, and directs that the Bible should only be read in versions approved by her. Such versions change the text of Scripture in order to make it bolster up Rome's false doctrines. Further, she still claims that she alone can infallibly interpret the Bible.

Vatican II - Dogmatic Constitution on Divine Revelation (18 November 1965):

'Consequently it is not from sacred Scriptures alone that the Church draws her certainty about everything which has been revealed. Therefore both sacred tradition and sacred scripture are to be accepted and venerated with the same sense of devotion and reverence [...] It is clear therefore that sacred scripture and the teaching authority of the church, in accord to God's most wise design, are so linked and joined together that one cannot stand without the others, and that altogether and each in its own way under the action of the one Holy Spirit contribute effectively of the salvation of souls.'(Chapter 2, Paragraph 9)

CATECHISM OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH - Dublin, Veritas, 1995:

'Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture, then, are bound closely together, and communicate one with the other. For both of them, flowing out of the same well-spring, come together in some fashion to form one thing, and move towards the same goal.[…] As a result the Church, to whom transmission and interpretation of Revelation is entrusted, does not derive her certainty about all revealed truths from holy Scriptures alone. Both Scripture and Tradition must be accepted and honored with equal sentiments of devotion and reverence.'(Paragraphs 80, 82

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#484056 Oct 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
God is great in sending me the friends,I found Here .
I just saw this,story Preston ..totally different subject ..
This is,awful ..thought of you ..
yes it is terrible what is being done to the Veterans.

when we were fearful of not getting our VA benefits, it was already in the pipeline to give our mortal enemy Pakistan, billions of dollars. even tho our state dept and Obama KNEW that they were harboring OBL. Obama even(so I am told) said that if Pakistan had been told of this raid, obl would have been long gone.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484057 Oct 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that beautiful proof that to be a Christian demands either utter dishonesty or complete ignorance.
The greatest proof of the fraud of Christianity is Christians themselves.
Thank you for your profession of ignorance. You are #1 in your class.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484058 Oct 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you grow you own tomatoes or the rest of your ingredients? We didn't have a garden this year except a few things like garlic which you have to plant year after year to keep growing. It's from Sicily award winning. But I never made sauce yet just salsa.
No lol I'm not that good ..we had tomatoes at one TIMe ..no goof .

The only thing we grow,well is,wonderful mangos,
We have people knocking st the door or just taking them .

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#484059 Oct 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please
Don't tell me we are now taking a,Covered Wagon on this trip .
I need my AC. And more than two sticks rubbed together to get nuisance going!!!!
Dont forget the beans, cowgirl

“Love much, trust none”

There

#484060 Oct 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your profession of ignorance. You are #1 in your class.
I have three University degrees and hold a position as a college professor.
All you have is mental illness and a "magic book".

It is so cute when mental midgets like you think they know more than those of who actually bothered to get an education.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#484061 Oct 21, 2013
Night all I am getting tired....have a good night and a peaceful sleep and see you all tomorrow....God Bless!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484062 Oct 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yes it is terrible what is being done to the Veterans.
when we were fearful of not getting our VA benefits, it was already in the pipeline to give our mortal enemy Pakistan, billions of dollars. even tho our state dept and Obama KNEW that they were harboring OBL. Obama even(so I am told) said that if Pakistan had been told of this raid, obl would have been long gone.
Just awful.

.this,story and the answer s hey gave the,reporter were,ridiculous.

I'm glad they found another town

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 5 hr red and right 49
News Allah is great.... (Jul '13) 5 hr Songs 174
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Mr Sir 9,043
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mon dollarsbill 83,961
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Mar 25 swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
More from around the web