Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670125 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#484207 Oct 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Any percentage is too high. But statistically speaking, It was a low percentage and always has been. If have stats that prove its more rampant in the Catholic Church than any other, I would like to see it.
Liam says.........."any percentage is too high.

Michael says........that is where you should have stopped your post. Instead you went on to defend them.

Catholics themselves are just as much part of this troubling problem as are the clergy. For some reason instead of demanding accountability, there is always an excuse, that it wasn't that bad, or others are doing it to.

Catholics who pay all the bills for the church including the salaries and generous benefits of all the clergy should demand accountability for their hard earned money.

,,,,,,but all we hear is deafening SILENCE or excuses.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#484208 Oct 22, 2013
who="BenAdam" <quoted text>
Thank you for that beautiful proof that to be a Christian demands either utter dishonesty or complete ignorance.
The greatest proof of the fraud of Christianity is Christians themselves.

----------
Your sweet disposition and kindness to others prove (NOT) your wisdom and knowledge. Your lies on Christianity are revealing, too.

The Bible requires something better...even though some Christians have some 'growing up' to do. Even in their immaturity, they present a better attitude.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#484209 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you getting pulled over for speeding and childishly telling the officer, "hey I am not the only one speeding there are cars going faster than me, go get them too, why pick on me"
Just goes to show there is a PERVERTED sub-culture among men of the cloth. Your own church admitted their was a gay culture back in the 70s/80s and today there are more gay catholic clergy than the general population of men. Father Donald Cozzens has the stats.
There are 67 million catholics in america. 155 million protestants. Most of the stories associated with sexual abuse by men of the cloth came up catholic....every city, every country.
When you and I were young, priests taught us it was a grave sin to cover up sin and we were not to receive the Eucharist with such sins on our souls, yet countless numbers of serial clergy abusers gave themselves holy communion at every mass they said. The rest of the clergy who knew of these sins also gave themselves holy communion knowing they too were covering up sin.
HIPOCRICY 101
Not sure why you keep insisting the rest of the clergy knew, you have absolutely no evidence of that.
Michael

Canada

#484210 Oct 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So then...you are nothing but a bag of hot air....
You said you know that there are millions of ways it could have happened...but you can't list one hundred of them!!!
Christianity is not based on theories..it is based on belief....
Bag of hot air! Bible says man was created from dirt, and woman from a mans rib. Imagine that!. lol!

Based on belief you say! Yes! every religion is based on belief. Every religion believes they are right. To date not one religion has the smoking gun of truth, for if they did we we would all be one BELIEF.

Belief can never be a FACT or absolute truth, because to be a fact or truth it can't just be a belief.

#484211 Oct 22, 2013
GOD WANT TO BRING A REVIVAL TO ALL OF OUR NATIONS THAT RE REPRESENTED HERE IN THIS FORUM...

WE CAN BE A PART OF ONE OF TWO PROPHECIES IN THE BIBLE

#1 Dan 11:32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries:

but

#2 BUT the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

WE ALL HAVE THE CHOICE ....of which one we want to be a part of.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#484212 Oct 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>billy's grandson learned from the master. say anything to get them to send you money.
which one of those men mentioned in the article gave you a piece of grain?
So a devout evangelical who investigates cover-up of child sex abuse in protestant circles is doing it for the money, but non-Catholic lawyers suing the Catholic Church are doing it because they're good guys?

#484213 Oct 22, 2013
I have three University degrees and hold a position as a college professor.
All you have is mental illness and a "magic book".
It is so cute when mental midgets like you think they know more than those of who actually bothered to get an education.

----------
THAT EXPLAINS IT !!! The crazy stuff coming out of our colleges today (from liberal, communist, anti-religious professors) is threatening our freedom and our good sense.

You need a REAL education...get a Bible.

KayMarie
Dan

Atlanta, GA

#484214 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you getting pulled over for speeding and childishly telling the officer, "hey I am not the only one speeding there are cars going faster than me, go get them too, why pick on me"
Just goes to show there is a PERVERTED sub-culture among men of the cloth. Your own church admitted their was a gay culture back in the 70s/80s and today there are more gay catholic clergy than the general population of men. Father Donald Cozzens has the stats.
There are 67 million catholics in america. 155 million protestants. Most of the stories associated with sexual abuse by men of the cloth came up catholic....every city, every country.
When you and I were young, priests taught us it was a grave sin to cover up sin and we were not to receive the Eucharist with such sins on our souls, yet countless numbers of serial clergy abusers gave themselves holy communion at every mass they said. The rest of the clergy who knew of these sins also gave themselves holy communion knowing they too were covering up sin.
HIPOCRICY 101
1.) Get the stats from Cozzens, then, and cite them please.

2.) You're asserting here that gay men are pedophiles?

3.) Most protestant churches don't report "up". They are self-contained vs. Catholic churches.

4.) You still haven't informed us as to how "most" clergy knew what bad acts any of their fellows were doing.

5.) Any priest who's ever lived has been a sinner. They still have to administer the Sacraments.
Dan

Atlanta, GA

#484216 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam says.........."any percentage is too high.
Michael says........that is where you should have stopped your post. Instead you went on to defend them.
Catholics themselves are just as much part of this troubling problem as are the clergy. For some reason instead of demanding accountability, there is always an excuse, that it wasn't that bad, or others are doing it to.
Catholics who pay all the bills for the church including the salaries and generous benefits of all the clergy should demand accountability for their hard earned money.
,,,,,,but all we hear is deafening SILENCE or excuses.
Atually, what's happened is that we've strengthened our vigilance to ensure the safty and well-being of the children in care of any Church activities.

Pre-screeing, etc. is very rigorous.

Doing something, admittedly, isn't as glamorous or dramatic as screeching on a message board.
Michael

Canada

#484217 Oct 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your assumptions that every priest would know if one of their fellows had committed a sexual offense.
Thus, a lot of your post.
When men graduated from a seminary they were placed into a diocese. Usually they spend the next 50 years moving from parish to parish within the diocese. All priests in that diocese over time get to know each other, they share living accomodations with each other, they sleep in the same house, eat together, socialize together, they know each others strengths and weaknesses, get moved to another parish. I would say within a very few years every priest in the diocese knows each other priest to some degree.

During the past 50 years there have been thousands of priests who have been caught buggering children, and I am sure any priest in a diocese would know details that we wouldn't know. Over this time NOT ONE PRIEST ever dialed 9-1-1 to rat out another priest. It was ALWAYS the victims or their families who showed up at the parish or diocese demanding accountability. News travels fast.

NOW! the church has done a reversal. Every priest who gets caught, everyone dials 9-1-1 to apprehend the culprit so he could be done with in our justice system.

The bishops that covered up these crimes for these priests before, are now instructed to blow the whistle on the very same men they were covering up for in the first place.

I was a firefighter for 30 years. Over 500 men/women on the department. There wasn't much we didn't know about each other in all aspects..........and remember we went home after our shift, these priests are in contact and together 24/7 for 50 plus years.

#484218 Oct 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
GOD WANT TO BRING A REVIVAL TO ALL OF OUR NATIONS THAT RE REPRESENTED HERE IN THIS FORUM...
WE CAN BE A PART OF ONE OF TWO PROPHECIES IN THE BIBLE
#1 Dan 11:32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries:
but
#2 BUT the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
WE ALL HAVE THE CHOICE ....of which one we want to be a part of.
~~~
Jesus said...

2Th_2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

question

Can we not get our attention away from those THAT HAVE HEARD AND have fallen away.

AND

GIVE OUR ATTENTION TO THOSE HUNGRY SOULS....

THAT HAVE NOT HEARD...THAT ARE WAITING IN THE WINGS

TO FIND SALVATION?

#484219 Oct 22, 2013
who="Liam "<quoted text>
I had pre marital sex too, and it was wrong. At least the CC has the guts to still stand up and condemn it, while you and Protestants say, gee there going to do it anyway. Lets give them condoms.
Btw, every teen I knew who got pregnant- and I knew allot- were using contraception at the time. People with the protestant and secular liberal mindset have failed them.
No God, no accountability, no problem. Right Mike?

----------
I am a Protestant...NOT a liberal...and I waited for marriage.
No Pentecostal I have ever met approves of abortion or 'shacking up'. I didn't even know (personally) girls who got pregnant before marriage.(I didn't have to suffer all the problems of such anti-Christian living.)

KayMarie

#484220 Oct 22, 2013
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
Teen sex is,Not a,good idea,..especially this crazy hook up mentality today ..it's,harmful ..in many ways,and does not please,God
It's nothing like when we were young ....out there ..But it does happen
But ..young boys and girls very young are doing it ..I'd much rather they learn to be protected than hurt another by aborting their babies ..And hurt or ruin their lives in the process ..not to mention spreading diseases that could kill them..

----------
I thought about asking Michael what happened to those girls he left behind...

KM
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#484221 Oct 22, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You are on here more than I am, get a life, now go, chop chop. LMFAO
I really don't think your language or methods are much appreciated here, you should re-think the way you're acting and maybe talk to your priest.

#484222 Oct 22, 2013
who="Michael" <quoted text>
Millions of possiblities. Your belief is just one of these theories.

----------

Millions of possibilities? LOL...
KM
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#484223 Oct 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think your language or methods are much appreciated here, you should re-think the way you're acting and maybe talk to your priest.
I commend you Anthony

#484224 Oct 22, 2013
The question that all of us have to deal with...

When we stand in judgment before God...

What reasons can we give him ....

that we might gain entrance to heavens portals..

The next thought is ...

Just how many will we present to him..

that our lives have influenced and won to God?...

2Co 3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone,

but in fleshy tables of the heart.
Dan

Atlanta, GA

#484225 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
When men graduated from a seminary they were placed into a diocese. Usually they spend the next 50 years moving from parish to parish within the diocese. All priests in that diocese over time get to know each other, they share living accomodations with each other, they sleep in the same house, eat together, socialize together, they know each others strengths and weaknesses, get moved to another parish. I would say within a very few years every priest in the diocese knows each other priest to some degree.
During the past 50 years there have been thousands of priests who have been caught buggering children, and I am sure any priest in a diocese would know details that we wouldn't know. Over this time NOT ONE PRIEST ever dialed 9-1-1 to rat out another priest. It was ALWAYS the victims or their families who showed up at the parish or diocese demanding accountability. News travels fast.
NOW! the church has done a reversal. Every priest who gets caught, everyone dials 9-1-1 to apprehend the culprit so he could be done with in our justice system.
The bishops that covered up these crimes for these priests before, are now instructed to blow the whistle on the very same men they were covering up for in the first place.
I was a firefighter for 30 years. Over 500 men/women on the department. There wasn't much we didn't know about each other in all aspects..........and remember we went home after our shift, these priests are in contact and together 24/7 for 50 plus years.
So, if any of your fellow firefighters were committing criminal acts, they told you about it over coffee, or they kept it to themselves as to not get caught?

#484226 Oct 22, 2013
Yes. The truth is unchanging although the box it comes in varies. <smile>

----------
The Box the Truth comes in is Mother's Old Black Bible.
The Truth is immoveable.
Facts are not necessarily 'truth'. Mountains can be removed. Rivers can be re-routed...etc.

KayMarie
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#484227 Oct 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Atually, what's happened is that we've strengthened our vigilance to ensure the safty and well-being of the children in care of any Church activities.
Pre-screeing, etc. is very rigorous.
Doing something, admittedly, isn't as glamorous or dramatic as screeching on a message board.
"Doing something, admittedly, isn't as glamorous or dramatic as screeching on a message board."

Lol...

Though I will give him this...at least he's not claiming to be a Christian like the other screechers who are schmoozing with him solely because he's an anti-Catholic bigot. Something about being filled with so much hate, I believe...lol! What a bunch of hypocrites.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Fri True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
News Giant John Paul II statuea (Apr '13) Feb 11 Phart Loudly 41
More from around the web