Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599956 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#483963 Oct 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose.. are you 5 feet Spanish with dark hair and brown eyes? if you are than your me LOLOL
Italian

Told Nick your my sister from another father ..however that goes,.

Actually you are,my sister FROM MY ABBA,FATHER ...

And thank Him.for that :)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#483964 Oct 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Italian
Told Nick your my sister from another father ..however that goes,.
Actually you are,my sister FROM MY ABBA,FATHER ...
And thank Him.for that :)
that's very sweet of you to say that. I feel the same way about you! God Bless..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483965 Oct 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose.. are you 5 feet Spanish with dark hair and brown eyes? if you are than your me LOLOL
are you really Spanish. my son was over there for a semester and loved Spain, now he is in China and he loves that. he loves to travel. hope he loves it as much when he has to foot the bill. lol . we aren't complaining, just kidding. he is worth every penny, and it is a great opportunity for him

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#483966 Oct 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
ARE WE RETURNING GOD'S WORD TO HIM...
IT IS IN OUR FAITH AND OBEDIENCE TO HIS WORD,....
THAT WE RETURN GOD'S WORD TO HIM ..FULFILLED
AND FIND/RECEIVE OUR PROVISIONS OF SALVATION..
OUR SALVATION CONSIST OF...
something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.
NOTE WHAT GOD SPOKE THROUGH THE PROPHET ISAIAH...
==>Isa 55:11 SO SHALL MY WORD BE THAT GOETH FORTH OUT OF MY MOUTH:
IT SHALL NOT RETURN UNTO ME VOID..<--Isa 55:11
but it shall accomplish that which I please, and
it
shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
IN EVERY ASPECT OF OUR LIVE IT IS WITH IN OUR OBEDIENCE TO GODS WORD THAT OUR NEEDS ARE MET.
THE BIBLE SAYS IN ..
Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
-->Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Jas 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
Jas 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
Jas 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work,
this man shall be blessed in his deed.
"we all fall short of God"

...well except for GiF, of course.

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#483967 Oct 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I bow to Him now, someday you 2 will bow.
I'm gonna walk up to him, offer to shake his hand, and then thank him for helping me be who I am.

I'll just watch as you kneel in submission to love.

If one is require to kneel, it really shows that they haven't grasped the power of love, thus are still subordinate to it.

Open your eyes cowboy, and begin to learn to understand that which you refuse to acknowledge and understand.

Albuquerque, NM

#483968 Oct 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
hey chuck, someone is having a ball judging my posts ONLY.
marge, you the lowlife doing that?
Self.

BTW - welcome to the club.

:o)

And yet so-called "Christians" 'shouldn't judge'.

Uh-huh - sure......

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#483969 Oct 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,
ekkl&#275;sia...
a gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly....
those who anywhere, in a city, village, constitute such a company and are united into one body.....
Romans 8:28
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[ have been ~~~CALLED~~~ according to his purpose.
GROUP OF PEOPLE...."CALLED OUT".....
"CALLED," HOJO, "CALLED...."
You should always include links to biased websites, so you don't mislead others.

Self.

Are you going to post the link to an unbiased site for comparison?

Albuquerque, NM

#483970 Oct 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,
ekkl&#275;sia...
a gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly....
those who anywhere, in a city, village, constitute such a company and are united into one body.....
Romans 8:28
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[ have been ~~~CALLED~~~ according to his purpose.
GROUP OF PEOPLE...."CALLED OUT".....
"CALLED," HOJO, "CALLED...."
Here is a reference to how one word can have various meanings, and they also agree with "Called out" as being the meaning, but it also includes the way it was used, as during the time period:

http://www.preteristarchive.com/PartialPreter...

"In the New Testament we find two important words that have, over the course of time, evolved into conceptual ideas that are often far afield from their Biblical and historic meaning. These two words are Church and Kingdom. Often, in the modern evangelical mind, both of these words evoke connotations much different than their original Greek meanings. The Greek word for “church” is ekklesia, whereas, the Greek word translated as “kingdom” is basileia. Neither of these words have their roots in a religious context. Both of these words were in common usage, long before the time of Christ and the writing of the New Testament. Both words were political terms in the ancient Greek world. It is important that we understand how these words fit into Greek political theory. "

Location hidden

#483971 Oct 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>are you really Spanish. my son was over there for a semester and loved Spain, now he is in China and he loves that. he loves to travel. hope he loves it as much when he has to foot the bill. lol . we aren't complaining, just kidding. he is worth every penny, and it is a great opportunity for him
Both my father and mother were born in Spain I was born in here in Ma. Every year in the summer my parents would take turns going to Spain or family from Spain would come stay with us for the summer. Yes it is a very beautiful country with beautiful people.It is a wonderful thing for your son to be able to travel the world and study and learn the different cultures.What a treasure chest of memories he will have for is entire life!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#483973 Oct 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
A Christian is any person, no matter what his color, class or creed may have been, who believes the Record that God has given of His Son in the Word of God; accepts the verdict of God upon himself as a sinner; confesses that he is lost and hell-deserving; makes bare his heart and all his sins to God only; asks to be cleansed in the Savior's Precious Blood, throwing himself for salvation by faith alone, through grace alone, on Christ alone. The true Christian gladly confesses: "I'm only a sinner and nothing at all, but Jesus Christ is my all in all."
WHAT IS THE CHURCH?
The Church on earth is the whole company of all redeemed ones who have believed in Christ alone to the salvation of their souls; whose infallible rule is the Holy Scriptures; and who are seeking, by the Holy Spirit, to win lost souls for Christ. This is the true universal or catholic church on earth.
WHAT IS THE CORRECT INTERPRETATION OF THESE WORDS:
'This is my Body and this is my Blood'?
These words of Jesus must be interpreted spiritually. The bread and wine are symbols of His Body and His Blood. As Jesus was present in person at the Last Supper when He said:'This is my body', and His whole Body was present, these words must have been symbolical. At the same time Jesus' Blood had not been shed, therefore the words 'This is my blood' must also have been symbolical.
When debating a Roman Catholic I put to him the question which he was never able to answer. Did he believe, when Jesus said:'I am the door', that Jesus was a literal door with four panels, a handle and a keyhole?- and when Jesus said:'I am the true vine',did he believe that Jesus Christ was the literal trunk of a vine tree?
Figurative language is used every day. For instance, a portrait of a person is painted and one describing it says:'This is Mr. So and so.' Now he does not mean that it is literally the person who is portrayed: he means rather that it is a representation of the person who is portrayed.
'This is My Body'- that is the divinely appointed representation of My Body.
'This is my Blood'- that is the divinely appointed representation of My Blood.
Christ emphasized that His Feast was to be a remembrance one.'This do in remembrance of Me.' You can only remember a person when he is not literally and bodily present with you. If Christ is literally and bodily on the altar, as Rome proclaims, then the Feast ceases to be one of remembrance, and that destroys the very foundation of the Lord's Supper.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one thing you wrote can be proven by scripture. Yet you said about the Church, "a whole company of all redeemed, who infallible rule is the Holy Scriptures"?
Could not please provide the list of Books that Christ installed for the infallible rule of Holy Scriptures?? I have more scripture in my Bible than you. Does that mean my infallible Books is more infallible?
Are you telling me, oldgee, that God installed an infallible Book, with no infallible authority to interpret it?? The Holy Spirit does it for you, you say? Who, you, Chuck, Truth, Preston or Confrint?
(this is the part where the fundie plugs his ears and continues to pretend the Bible fell out of the sky for your un- infallible interpretations)

Your quote, "Not one thing you wrote can be proven by scripture. Yet you said about the Church, "a whole company of all redeemed, who infallible rule is the Holy Scriptures"?"

I said, quote, "The Church on earth is the whole company of all redeemed ones who have believed in Christ alone to the salvation of their souls; whose infallible rule is the Holy Scriptures; and who are seeking, by the Holy Spirit, to win lost souls for Christ. This is the true universal or catholic church on earth."

Everything I posted is proven out by Scripture. If not, please give a specific quote and provide Scripture in which it conflicts.

Thank you Cly, I await your response.

Location hidden

#483974 Oct 21, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Oh BULLS**T YOU are no miss manners. And yes you do support abortion. You support the pill and even told people to give it to unmarried young adults and teenagers in case they give in. YOU can't and won't believe in teaching children that pre marital sex is wrong. YOU support Bitner Foo and all the rest of the pro aborts. YOU did not make any friends on the pro life side, did ya. YOU supported foo when myself and others complained on rthe words foo used to describe Jesus. You posted how there was a lost tribe known as the jebusses. Why are you on a Catholic forum if you are against the Church sooooo much?
oh oh you cussed!...Do you believe in teaching children the swearing is wrong? If you don't then stop pointing fingers. We all can see that your not perfect by any means with a potty mouth like that..set an example.
Perverted Priest

Virginia Beach, VA

#483976 Oct 21, 2013
Catholic Priest's penis & semen to be provided at communion
to be used as the body of Christ and as the blood of Christ.
Pope is a demonic power

Virginia Beach, VA

#483977 Oct 21, 2013
this thread at topix for you to go to now
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TNNBNFQ...
so you click on the above link to continue this

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#483978 Oct 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>are you really Spanish. my son was over there for a semester and loved Spain, now he is in China and he loves that. he loves to travel. hope he loves it as much when he has to foot the bill. lol . we aren't complaining, just kidding. he is worth every penny, and it is a great opportunity for him
Well. I hope he gets,home for a,visit!!!

Maybe holidays???

We,must postpone the,trip.till after !!!

Not missing my boys,even for you folks,:)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#483979 Oct 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only did you trespass against God...you are now lying and saying you did no such thing...
Deity:(Christian Religious Writings / Theology) the. the Supreme Being; God
Again...you are debasing God by referring Him as "your deity"...
THE christian god, the most vile entity ever imagined

Location hidden

#483980 Oct 21, 2013
Perverted Priest wrote:
Catholic Priest's penis & semen to be provided at communion
to be used as the body of Christ and as the blood of Christ.
That was uncalled for and disgusting! Shame on you!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#483981 Oct 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Get any kindergartner to explain to you that this does not mean when he admits to being an atheist, I will become an evolutionist:I can win my bet, if he admits he is an atheist that believes in evolution...as in the human Race evolved from apes...
You are way past the stage of senility!!!!!!
~~~

I am whom God says I am

and he said

Mat_7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Remember this the next time ...before you judge a man to be a monkeys uncle..

Pro_6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#483982 Oct 21, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The human race did evolve from the great ape line....DNA has proven it.
DNA has also proven there was no Adam and Eve or human descent from 8 survivors from the supposed Noah's flood....which never happened either.
And what was the source of the apes...from whence they came??

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#483983 Oct 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Toro!!!!!! TORO!!!!!!!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#483984 Oct 21, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Oh BULLS**T YOU are no miss manners. And yes you do support abortion. You support the pill and even told people to give it to unmarried young adults and teenagers in case they give in. YOU can't and won't believe in teaching children that pre marital sex is wrong. YOU support Bitner Foo and all the rest of the pro aborts. YOU did not make any friends on the pro life side, did ya. YOU supported foo when myself and others complained on rthe words foo used to describe Jesus. You posted how there was a lost tribe known as the jebusses. Why are you on a Catholic forum if you are against the Church sooooo much?
I have not ever supports in any way a woman getting an elective Abortion..
I have,also supported that they should have to see,ultrasounds .And got
Yelled,at for that .by them.And I vote for POLITICIANS
TEA,PARTY OR NOT ..WHO try for those legislations,on restrictions .
DO YOU since you hate the,Tea,Party

What about their legislation regarding pain...I argued that big time .

You were too busy arguing personalities to make any argument on that
I showed pictures of presumed the sane age as,the,ones Roe says they can kill ..what was YOUR argument ..none

And yet the Tea Party you being hate was ,trying to push back to twenty instead if 24 weeks ..the legal age they could kill a preborn baby

I,also argued tHAT health care workers,never be forced to participate .

I do not agree. With any of them about abortion.

Prevention is,a whole other subject and does also BELONG THERE .

KNIT..You used to actually make great points ..now you just tell them how awful they are for supporting abortion . Who is going oat least listen to you if you call them names .

And you were too busy slamming me to even get in on that .last argument

Do not lie,...

No I won't curse out..be mean it otherwise fight your fights,for you.

But I most certainly argue with them ...s,lot

No one argues with me on my belief in Lord .Jesus,..

.including. other people ..who by the way should NOT be defamed when she is not here ..she is,Jewish
We,have discussed the Messiah a lot ..
My views,and hers
ANY FEUDS,YOU HAVE ..WITH OTHER FOLK ...do not belong on this,site,.

Talk about it to them ....

I haven't been arguing there lately..it's,the,same thing ..little,results,...AND BELONGS THERE ..And I don't want to be in the middle with no one to help me had a,decent discussions.

You cannot see what happens,when you are how you are ..THEY BLAME GOD ..YOUR FAITH AND YOUR CHURCH...And you know it

We are to be lEt and light ..not rub salt in wounds

AND I got sick of it ..

Now please,enough is,enough..post here all you like about beliefs .

Personal junk has no place here ..
Really it doesn't

We are supposed to be better than this .

We are HIS

Good bye and God bless

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 11 min Chimney1 279
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 30 min Catholic24 84,332
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web