Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,404
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
marge

Ames, IA

#483916 Oct 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly ...the idiot is the one who says "In the beginning was the word." and hasn't a clue what it means.
I GAVE MY INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE WORD OF GOD...
ABOUT WHAT WE SHOULD TO DO WITH THOSE THAT ARE HERETICS,,,
i ADMONISHED HIM, THEN
NOW I ADMONISH YOU,...
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
You admonished him from the word of God and Chuck just called him a name, I think that's what your saying.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#483917 Oct 21, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I've change my name a couple times on here. Maybe next it'll be Liam Cowboy.
Liam is my real name. Or William or Bill ..
Who cares?
Again, Jesus Christ set up a Church that He promised the gates of Hell would never prevail against. This Church HAS to be infallible when it comes to His teachings. Otherwise He's either a lunatic or a liar.(I think CS said that)
Since men, who are fallible, make up the so-called "undefined" "Church", thus the "Church" is not infallible.

Albuquerque, NM

#483918 Oct 21, 2013
who="Liam " <quoted text>
I'm sure if the Apostles would have foresaw the chaos that would ensue once their writings were published, they would have took the time to dot every I and cross every T. Imo.
They didn't even know they were writing a Bible. They established a Church like the Lord commanded. Yes they were warned of wolves and strange gospels. But 45,000 tearing apart every little sentence they penned?? No way could they have envisioned such a thing. I've heard people argue about one word in one verse, in one chapter of one book, in one of the Apostles letters. You've got to be out of your mind if you think this is how the Lord willed for truth to be conveyed. Yes we Catholics call the scriptures the word of God, and it definitely is. But every little punctuation mark?? God didn't tell them word for word what to pen. That's why I say, the evangelical approach to scripture is flawed from the get go.
----------
Question: If you can't trust 'every little punctuation mark' that the disciples WHO HEARD JESUS' TEACH USED,
Then, HOW CAN YOU TRUST THE PUNCTUATION MARKS OF ALL THOSE OTHER WRITERS, many of whom DID NOT hear Jesus ???
KayMarie
It's about time you begin asking questions, instead of think ing you already know the answers.

Albuquerque, NM

#483919 Oct 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony,
The Bible is indeed sufficient for the spiritual needs of man.
No it isn't.

Location hidden

#483920 Oct 21, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly ...the idiot is the one who says "In the beginning was the word." and hasn't a clue what it means.
I GAVE MY INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE WORD OF GOD...
ABOUT WHAT WE SHOULD TO DO WITH THOSE THAT ARE HERETICS,,,
i ADMONISHED HIM, THEN
NOW I ADMONISH YOU,...
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
gonna go with Chuck on this one, we don't need to be nice to the devil and his minions. we need to stand up to them who blaspheme His Word and Him.

not that we should use a sword like Peter did, but we don't need to run any more either.

NO MORE MASADA.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#483921 Oct 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>....we need to stand up to them who blaspheme His Word and Him....
You are the ones worshiping a false prophet and false religion.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#483922 Oct 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,
The church, as you call it, is ONLY a GROUP OF PEOPLE, "CALLED OUT"....
How would this GROUP OF PEOPLE "CALLED OUT" have the authority over the Word of God which is Jesus as HE is the Word of God?
Mere people/man CANNOT have authority over the Word of God....
Your "bible only indoctination" comments is rife with erroneous exegesis which has absolutely "no support" from ANY patristics, medievals or ANY Christian writer (for that matter) for the first 1500 years of the TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ and HIS One True Catholic Church. Your "group of people called out" nonsense demonstrates a "total and complete misunderstanding of the Greek language and a distortion of the plain meaning of Greek interpretation. The Greek word for Church her is "ecclesia" which refers to the visible, heiarchical and authoritative Church, NOT an invisible, ethereal body of believers (called out) and loosely connected by faith in the bible alone!.... The New Testament confirms the Early Churches (beginning with Antioch) as heirarchical, authoritative and visible in Acts 2 with Bishops, priests, elder and deacons! The visible Church of Jesus Christ in mentioned over 30 times in the New Testament... AND Paul re-confirms (exactly this) in I Tim 3:15, when he says THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. He goes on to say, "if you have a disagreement---TAKE IT TO THE CHURCH---(not the bible). The WORD OF GOD has not nor ever has been the Bible alone. The Church (Jesus Christs Universal (visible) Church came first---THEN THE BIBLE---over 350 years after Jesus' first Church at Antioch. It is the "same Church" that gave you the bible (that your "fundamentalists' so conveniently (mis-interpret, mis-quote and mis-use) to your own demise and destruction. God, never has been, nor ever will be the author of your bible only Protestant confusion, chaos and contradicting "relative truth" editorializing!!!!!!

Location hidden

#483923 Oct 21, 2013
this description of the word "idiot" proves that Chuck is right when he spoke to this idiot.

An idiot, dolt, or dullard is a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or [significantly counterproductive way].

Albuquerque, NM

#483924 Oct 21, 2013
ONE DOES NOT HAVE TO SECOND GUESS GOD.
ONE CAN KNOW WHAT GOD WANTS/ HIS WILL THE BY STUDYING HIS WORD..
GOD WILL CONTINUE TO EXPECT OF YOU AND ME BY WHAT HE HAS EXPECTED OF OTHER..
GOD has not kept us ignorant of His expectations..of us.
ONE CAN KNOW WHAT GOD IS GOING TO DO BY WHAT HE HAS ALREADY DONE...
ONE CAN KNOW WHAT GOD IS GOING TO SAY BY WHAT HE HAS ALREADY SAID...
ONE CAN KNOW WHAT GOD IS GOING TO BE BY WHAT HE HAS ALREADY BEEN..
IN THE NEW TESTAMENT GOD HAS CHANGE IN HIS STAND AGAINST SIN,,
ONLY HE IS DEALING WITH IT DIFFERENTLY...
GIVING US GRACE, INSTEAD OF THE LAW..
You forgot to add.....

"and one does not need to beleive in all of what Jesus taught."

Albuquerque, NM

#483925 Oct 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YES, I questioned my Protestant faith and (left it) to become a Catholic, in the FULLNESS of the faith and the TRUTH (as I see it)!! My Protestant (brothers and sisters in Christ) respect my decision and don't "attack" my Catholic Faith. We can converse "harmoniously" with the same respect that each of us have, as we grow in our faith in Jesus Christ from "where we a led and where we are planted"!
NOT SO with this group of anti-catholic "fundies" on this forum, beginning with Confrinting, Oxbow, justachristian, New Age and the rest of them..... I personally believe"all" bible only Protestants to be Christian, however----their opinion of us Catholics is that we are NOT Christian and that the Catholic Church is from Satan!! If think for one minute I am going to "sit idly and passively" by and listen to these anti-catholic (bigoted) BS'ers rip the Catholic Church and attack our Personal faith in Jesus Christ----you Michael are "sadly mistaken!!
FINALLY!!

Giving me credit for my posts.

THANK YOU HOJO!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!

*hug*

I love you.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#483926 Oct 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
My faith depends,on my relationship with my Saviour...not what you or other folks do ....
Then why do you only believe in a portion (less than half) of what Jesus taught?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#483927 Oct 21, 2013
ARE WE RETURNING GOD'S WORD TO HIM...

IT IS IN OUR FAITH AND OBEDIENCE TO HIS WORD,....

THAT WE RETURN GOD'S WORD TO HIM ..FULFILLED

AND FIND/RECEIVE OUR PROVISIONS OF SALVATION..

OUR SALVATION CONSIST OF...

something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.

NOTE WHAT GOD SPOKE THROUGH THE PROPHET ISAIAH...

==>Isa 55:11 SO SHALL MY WORD BE THAT GOETH FORTH OUT OF MY MOUTH:

IT SHALL NOT RETURN UNTO ME VOID..<--Isa 55:11

but it shall accomplish that which I please, and

it

shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

IN EVERY ASPECT OF OUR LIVE IT IS WITH IN OUR OBEDIENCE TO GODS WORD THAT OUR NEEDS ARE MET.

THE BIBLE SAYS IN ..

Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

-->Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Jas 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

Jas 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

Jas 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work,

this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Location hidden

#483928 Oct 21, 2013
not trying to start an argument with you GIF, want you to know that, but chuck has the right to stand against these types of people.

this is no different than Paul standing against those who were supporting the making of silver idols.Demetrius was worried about Paul speaking out against the goddess Artemis,and Paul wanted to go and stand up for Jesus by Speaking that Jesus and he alone is the Savior and not just some little god.

furthermore Gal 2:11, paul withstood Peter when peter went against the teaching of jesus.

Now I used Bible to disagree.

Location hidden

#483929 Oct 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the ones worshiping a false prophet and false religion.
I bow to Him now, someday you 2 will bow.

#483930 Oct 21, 2013
who="Tango Bravo" <quoted text>
Which day of the week is the Sabbath since they changed the calendar by ten days in 1582? Did they add ten days or subtract ten days? Were all ten days Mondays, or did they add them in sequence? Did they add the days starting on a Tuesday or on a Saturday?

----------
Since men played with the calendar, we don't need to worry (or fight) about it. Our Sunday might have been Saturday once upon a time.

It's good to keep one day as a time of worship and fellowship, but we should worship Him EVERY day.

Paul said not to let anyone judge you in respect to holy days.(Keep them ALL holy, and let your brother 'work out his own salvation' before the Lord.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holy day, or of the new moon, or of THE SABBATH DAYS:
Col 2:17 Which ARE A SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME; but the body is of Christ.

KayMarie
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#483931 Oct 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,

Mere people/man CANNOT have authority over the Word of God....
You and your other contradicting and inconsistent 42,169+ bible only editorialists EACH seem to be "appointing yourselves" as the final authorities over the Word of God......... In fact, you have "rejected" much of what Jesus Christ HIMSELF said (as biblical TRUTH, because it doesn't agree and fit in with your anti-catholic (bible only--agenda)...... The WORD OF GOD is NOT the bible only,(never has been despite what you bible only "fundamentalist" keep trying to "push"!!! The bible says "just the opposite"!! The WORD OF GOD comes from Jesus Christ and the Apostles through BOTH the written and the unwritten (oral tradition) 2 Thess 2:15 which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus HIMSELF built upon the rock of Peter (Matt 16:13-21 and I Timothy 3:15)..... The TRUTH is the ineffable wisdom of God that is made known through HIS CHURCH (Eph 3:9-10). You, truth, claim to be this (strict) "bible only" follower and believer YET you (continually) "reject" what is written in the bible, by "picking and choosing ONLY what you want to believe!!!

#483932 Oct 21, 2013
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
You just might come back with a new outlook..You never know ..
Gotta,hAve a,motor home ....I could make up some food and freeze it ..to get started ..I.need kind of big pots ..I make enough to feed ....
WellWell..a bunch.

----------
WHEN WE HAD 8 TEENAGERS (me, him and an eight year old) AT HOME, I COOKED IN FIVE GALLON POTS. Four pounds of spaghetti, one pot full of sauce (home made), one half pot (or more) of Cole slaw, and one full of iced tea.

I had seven of those pots, and all got a lot of use...

KayMarie

Location hidden

#483933 Oct 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with Jesus. I have a problem with the religion that developed in his absence....by the very people that had him killed in the first place.
That being said, I place absolutely NO veracity in their choices of writings or acceptance of scripture as gospel by their auspices for obvious reasons.
And YOU are a total hypocrite toward those teachings.
That may be true...but from what you have said it is a certainty that He has a problem with you....

BTW..Jesus is not a higher power than God....

Location hidden

#483934 Oct 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course...everything or anyone who doesn't follow your stupidity and arrogance is "ilk".
I realize your ignorance and arrogance toward truth.
You are lost.
You don't even know the meaning of ilk!!!! You are hilarious!!!!

Location hidden

#483935 Oct 21, 2013
hey chuck, someone is having a ball judging my posts ONLY.

marge, you the lowlife doing that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 46 min swedenforever 84,033
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... 2 hr Old Pom 20
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Mr Sir 9,174
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Thu ELIAS IBARRA 51
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... Thu Rockstar 14
News Pope calls Armenian slaughter '1st genocide of ... Apr 15 SpaceBlues 3
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Apr 14 ELIAS IBARRA 6
More from around the web