Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 686022 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#484008 Oct 21, 2013
Real Creator is not destroyer..no.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484009 Oct 21, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many examples of verses in the bible that contradict other versuses. They are easy to find via internet searching (and I know that examples have been posted in this forum).
What do you have to say about that?
They will spout the standard Christian lies AKA apologetics.

They believe the pagan religion of Emperor Constantine, nothing more.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#484010 Oct 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
A Christian is any person, no matter what his color, class or creed may have been, who believes the Record that God has given of His Son in the Word of God; accepts the verdict of God upon himself as a sinner; confesses that he is lost and hell-deserving; makes bare his heart and all his sins to God only; asks to be cleansed in the Savior's Precious Blood, throwing himself for salvation by faith alone, through grace alone, on Christ alone. The true Christian gladly confesses: "I'm only a sinner and nothing at all, but Jesus Christ is my all in all."
WHAT IS THE CHURCH?
The Church on earth is the whole company of all redeemed ones who have believed in Christ alone to the salvation of their souls; whose infallible rule is the Holy Scriptures; and who are seeking, by the Holy Spirit, to win lost souls for Christ. This is the true universal or catholic church on earth.
WHAT IS THE CORRECT INTERPRETATION OF THESE WORDS:
'This is my Body and this is my Blood'?
These words of Jesus must be interpreted spiritually. The bread and wine are symbols of His Body and His Blood. As Jesus was present in person at the Last Supper when He said:'This is my body', and His whole Body was present, these words must have been symbolical. At the same time Jesus' Blood had not been shed, therefore the words 'This is my blood' must also have been symbolical.
When debating a Roman Catholic I put to him the question which he was never able to answer. Did he believe, when Jesus said:'I am the door', that Jesus was a literal door with four panels, a handle and a keyhole?- and when Jesus said:'I am the true vine',did he believe that Jesus Christ was the literal trunk of a vine tree?
Figurative language is used every day. For instance, a portrait of a person is painted and one describing it says:'This is Mr. So and so.' Now he does not mean that it is literally the person who is portrayed: he means rather that it is a representation of the person who is portrayed.
'This is My Body'- that is the divinely appointed representation of My Body.
'This is my Blood'- that is the divinely appointed representation of My Blood.
Christ emphasized that His Feast was to be a remembrance one.'This do in remembrance of Me.' You can only remember a person when he is not literally and bodily present with you. If Christ is literally and bodily on the altar, as Rome proclaims, then the Feast ceases to be one of remembrance, and that destroys the very foundation of the Lord's Supper.
<quoted text>
Your quote, "Not one thing you wrote can be proven by scripture. Yet you said about the Church, "a whole company of all redeemed, who infallible rule is the Holy Scriptures"?"
I said, quote, "The Church on earth is the whole company of all redeemed ones who have believed in Christ alone to the salvation of their souls; whose infallible rule is the Holy Scriptures; and who are seeking, by the Holy Spirit, to win lost souls for Christ. This is the true universal or catholic church on earth."
Everything I posted is proven out by Scripture. If not, please give a specific quote and provide Scripture in which it conflicts.
Thank you Cly, I await your response.
The Bible does not say the infallible rule for the Christian is the Bible. You say it, but the bible doesn't.
All scripture is profitable you say? I agree.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#484011 Oct 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok YOU BRING UP DERRECK ?????
..YOU PEOPLE TAUNTED,AND,DERIDED A,WOMAN
WHO HAD,AN ABORTION 30 YEARS,ago..by naming her baby any Derreck ..
To the point she, was,in tears,.....And,that's,a reAl way to reAch someone in pain alright .
really turn her to GOD that way ...
And you have taunted her about this,for years,and,shame on you for it .
You bet I WAS,disgusted .
You know nothing at all of hurt and pain in a situation like that.
SHE came on the board with doubts,.AND REGRET...AND YOU PEOPLE turned HER to the pro choice side .
.But U have talked with her .NEVER except in derision
SHE,REGRETS,,HER decision..But you mock her talking how,you did..
WHY DOn't you share what you said knit ..some CHRISTIAN. charity To a soul that might have turned to Jesus
I was crying myself at what you and your friend said to her .she was so sad ...
And you were the one here who brought up the child labelled Derreck. By you folks,
I HAD NO INTENTION IF DOING SO .it sickens me ...WHY DON'T YOU SHARE???
It was,like watching a massacre .a feeding frenzy ..And you bet I tried to comfort her .
What did Our Lord say to the woman about to be stoned ...DID HE PICK UP A ROCK.
YOU show no more mercy now than you did when she was searching ...
I am sick thinking about it ...
And,sorry again to the others .
KNIT THIS BELONGS,ELSE WHERE ..AND I STILL CANNIT BELIEVE you are,proud if how,you downed her ...making her leave yet again .And BROUGHT UP DERRECK...
Rose, you did the correct thing! You did the cvhristian thing! You showed LOVE AND COMPASSION to someone in need and you were trying to comfort them. YOU DID WHAT A TRUE CHRISTIAN WOULD DO AND I AM VERY PROUD TO HAVE YOU AS A FRIEND!! GOD SHINES HIS LIGHT ON THOSE THAT HEAR HIS WORDS!!! HOLD YOUR HEAD UP GIRL, YOU ARE BLESSED!!.....WE LOVE YOU!!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484012 Oct 21, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many examples of verses in the bible that contradict other versuses. They are easy to find via internet searching (and I know that examples have been posted in this forum).
What do you have to say about that?
The Bible never contradicts itself. Never!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484013 Oct 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, you did the correct thing! You did the cvhristian thing! You showed LOVE AND COMPASSION to someone in need and you were trying to comfort them. YOU DID WHAT A TRUE CHRISTIAN WOULD DO AND I AM VERY PROUD TO HAVE YOU AS A FRIEND!! GOD SHINES HIS LIGHT ON THOSE THAT HEAR HIS WORDS!!! HOLD YOUR HEAD UP GIRL, YOU ARE BLESSED!!.....WE LOVE YOU!!!!
"If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? " - Jesus

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484014 Oct 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible never contradicts itself. Never!
Thanks for that example of Christian brainwashing.

"I said you are all Gods." - Psalm 82

I am a God, just like Jesus.

You are a disgrace to us.
truth

Perth, Australia

#484015 Oct 21, 2013
cemetery still exist all-round world nobody help nothing..not at all..

by
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484016 Oct 21, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does not say the infallible rule for the Christian is the Bible. You say it, but the bible doesn't.
You said, quote, "The Bible does not say the infallible rule for the Christian is the Bible." End quote.

Since God is our Creator (Isaiah 40:28, "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.), He is our authority
(Isaiah 43:15, "I am the LORD, your Holy One,
the Creator of Israel, your King."), and His Word is the final authority for humankind, and the only entirely trustworthy moral litmus test (1 John 2:5, "But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.). It explains life and death and gives us a clear understanding of right and wrong.

Not only profitable. No No. It, the Bible, every word of the Bible, is GOD BREATHED. As He breathed life into the dirt and created Adam so it is with the Bible. Every word in the Bible is by the inspiration of God. God breathed His word into the men who wrote it down and gave it to us.

Genesis 2:7, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

II Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
truth

Perth, Australia

#484017 Oct 21, 2013
money other and other evil things tyou don't need no

but if you sold your soul..in vain

on the end you will lose everything

yes jesus will come
when he come what he will find
he will say what you done from this planet as you try say
what you done from my father house

yep

please tell me
about huge giant gas planet
Are you for sure life not exist there..yes it is..maybe on deference form..
but you did not know why as well for what our lovely creator prepare don't you..
o yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssss

then
Where is your real Creator?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484018 Oct 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that example of Christian brainwashing.
"I said you are all Gods." - Psalm 82
I am a God, just like Jesus.
You are a disgrace to us.
Take it up with Jesus, not me. Thank you for the compliment.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484019 Oct 21, 2013
That was a long post that didn;t even address the question.

WHERE DOES THE BIBLE SAY THAT THE BIBLE IS THE PERFECT WORD OF GOD ?

The truth is: NOWHERE!

The Bible did not exist when the books in it were written.

Thank you for proving your religion is that of liars, lunatics and morons.
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "The Bible does not say the infallible rule for the Christian is the Bible." End quote.
Since God is our Creator (Isaiah 40:28, "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.), He is our authority
the Creator of Israel, your King."), and His Word is the final authority for humankind, and the only entirely trustworthy moral litmus test (1 John 2:5, "But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.). It explains life and death and gives us a clear understanding of right and wrong.
Not only profitable. No No. It, the Bible, every word of the Bible, is GOD BREATHED. As He breathed life into the dirt and created Adam so it is with the Bible. Every word in the Bible is by the inspiration of God. God breathed His word into the men who wrote it down and gave it to us.
Genesis 2:7, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
II Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
marge

Leesburg, GA

#484020 Oct 21, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says Jesus is the Word so yes it is the 'rule'.

Compared to what the word of man?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484021 Oct 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it up with Jesus, not me. Thank you for the compliment.
I did. Jesus says you are following a false prophet.
truth

Perth, Australia

#484022 Oct 21, 2013
i don't see any reason how i personally let you down..

it is written
who choose

you choose that path not me

prove and choose who say that.. not me no

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#484023 Oct 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, you did the correct thing! You did the cvhristian thing! You showed LOVE AND COMPASSION to someone in need and you were trying to comfort them. YOU DID WHAT A TRUE CHRISTIAN WOULD DO AND I AM VERY PROUD TO HAVE YOU AS A FRIEND!! GOD SHINES HIS LIGHT ON THOSE THAT HEAR HIS WORDS!!! HOLD YOUR HEAD UP GIRL, YOU ARE BLESSED!!.....WE LOVE YOU!!!!
Thank you both .

Now I'm really crying ...stupid emotions,..

I can forgive ..I really want to ..the bad said to me ..about me ..I try to just not answer .

But hurting someone like that about something 30 years,ago that hurts her heart ...just turns ,people from Christ if it's,said by people who profess,love for Him ...

WE ARE SUPPOSED to show His love ...as best we can to those who are not believers,..I think any way ....thing us,I think the lady was,looking for answers,fir forgiveness,...And of course got justification
From the pro choice people ...And hatred FRom. A couple who say they are,followers amid the MOST FORGIVING OF ALL BEINGS,..

thanks,and I am trying very hard to pray for that forgiveness for we and myself for my anger
marge

Leesburg, GA

#484024 Oct 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#484025 Oct 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you both .
Now I'm really crying ...stupid emotions,..
I can forgive ..I really want to ..the bad said to me ..about me ..I try to just not answer .
But hurting someone like that about something 30 years,ago that hurts her heart ...just turns ,people from Christ if it's,said by people who profess,love for Him ...
WE ARE SUPPOSED to show His love ...as best we can to those who are not believers,..I think any way ....thing us,I think the lady was,looking for answers,fir forgiveness,...And of course got justification
From the pro choice people ...And hatred FRom. A couple who say they are,followers amid the MOST FORGIVING OF ALL BEINGS,..
thanks,and I am trying very hard to pray for that forgiveness for we and myself for my anger
Anger drawsyou into sin and there are people here that love to do this in the name of their relgion...it takes a bigger person to walk away..GBu
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484026 Oct 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
That was a long post that didn;t even address the question.
WHERE DOES THE BIBLE SAY THAT THE BIBLE IS THE PERFECT WORD OF GOD ?
The truth is: NOWHERE!
The Bible did not exist when the books in it were written.
Thank you for proving your religion is that of liars, lunatics and morons.
<quoted text>
2 Samuel 22:31

31 ďAs for God, his way is perfect:
The Lordís word is flawless;
he shields all who take refuge in him.

Jesus is perfect, therefore, the Word of God is perfect as Jesus is the Word of God which is perfect.

Troll on...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484027 Oct 21, 2013
Ephesians 4:31

31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Married in 10,585
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web