Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600168 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#483396 Oct 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God is not the bible alone. Faith comes by hearing and not by reading and making private judgement of the meaning of scripture alone.
You need to read what is said
fact is ..it say exactly opposite from what you have posted..
it says..
2Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Rightly dividing the word of truth,...is
making private judgement of the meaning of scripture alone, by the leadership and guidance of the HOLY GHOST...
JESUS SAID
Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
NOTE
Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS GLORIFY AND SERVE YOUR sin infested
religious institution,
instead of JESUS, AND WORSHIP THE SUPPORTING ACTORS IN THE DRAMA...
PLACING THEM ABOVE... OR UPON THE SAME LEVEL ,,,AS JESUS
Rom_6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey,
his servants ye are to whom ye obey;
whether of sin unto death,
or of obedience unto righteousness?
WHEN YOU god Peter placed MOSES AND ELIJAH UPON THE SAME LEVEL AS JESUS
GOD THE FATHER REBUKED HIM..
Mat 17:4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
Mat 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
Mat 17:6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE NO REVERENCE OF FEAR OF GOD...
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable;
Rom 3:17 And the way of peace have they not known:
Rom 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Again, thanks for your opinion. St. Paul was writing to St. Timothy, an ordained Bishop in the Catholic Church (he wasn't writing to you), and he was referring to the OT, not the NT, as it had yet to be written. Sadly the divisions in protestantism, where competing denominations all say they are led by the Holy Spirit, prove that your opinions are no more authoritative than anyone one else. For the umpteenth time confrint, what is your authority? How can anyone know you speak for God when a competing protestant community down the street who disagrees with you also claims to be led by the Holy Spirit?
marge

Ames, IA

#483397 Oct 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Kay, I do check what I hear. I check with those who were taught by the apostles and those they taught. Do you think I should be checking with you or your husband instead? Why does he or you have more authority than they had?
By now you should be able to check the Bible for yourself to see if what you hear is such.
marge

Ames, IA

#483398 Oct 19, 2013
Gal 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat,(whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me:

===> God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me: <===

yep

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#483399 Oct 19, 2013
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
So does mine!!! But...it does not teach that Christ is God....
I am; this denotes eternal self-existence. As Jesus Christ is truly and eternally divine, his kindness, compassion, and grace, in coming into the world, taking upon him human nature, and dying upon the cross, surpass all finite comprehension, and lay upon all to whom he is revealed unspeakable obligations to love and obey him.

----------
In other words: GOD.

"Thought it not robbery'...did not consider it theft to be equal with God.

KM
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#483400 Oct 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
By now you should be able to check the Bible for yourself to see if what you hear is such.
What do you say to a born again evangelical biblical scholar who says you're wrong in your opinions about the meaning of scripture? How should one view Preston's opinion of you and your discernment abilities?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#483401 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
Pope Francis is the Bishop. Jesus will not allow him to error when teaching on faith and morals.
YOU ARE OF ALL MEN... MOST GULLIBLE....
HERE IS WHAT THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE ABOUT PETER
Gal 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat,(whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me:
===> God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me: <===
Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
NOTE
Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John,-->who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
Gal 2:10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.
Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
Yeah Confrint, Jesus doesn't allow untruths into His Ministry. If Pope Francis attempted to introduce strange doctrines, he'd be rebuked by the other Bishops. It has happened before in the history of the Catholic Church. I can't remember at the moment which Pope was rebuked. Jesus protects the Popes chair from error.

I don't really know why you have a problem with this since you believe Jesus protects YOU from error. Is it jealously? Bitterness?

#483402 Oct 19, 2013
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
Yes,Kay I do ..
I actually try to figure things,out ..my early learning..later bible learning ...most if it is NOT differing ...until some,people cast doubt
Trying to put down the,words,written ...And about Mary ..mysteries ..we will know the truth of ...And I don't argue about ..or try not to .
The teaching about a who ,Jesus,is,are the same I learned as a Child in the CHURCH...it's,how,we become HIS,that is,different ...yet if we,read and understand is,the, same,..or should be .
DID HE,DRINK thE CUP..TAKING ALL SIN..taking on our punishment WE deserve .
or must we,take it on ourselves,..doing penance ...
WAS HIS,BLOOD ENOUGH HAVING BEEN SHED TO SATISFY HOLY JUSTICE.
If not ..how,much Penance ..for a,lie . For murder ....age,old,difference between us,I am seeing ..
I have read,about thE poor persecuted folks,with fragments,of bibles,..God bless them ...And I believe as,I have posted ...it was,GOD'S...doing and,timing that the,WORD in the bible
Went forth ...coming to each settlement in America
No coincidence in he timing ..
If God's,willing it HIS calling can be accomplished IN ANY VENUE HE SEES,FIT ...a book ..a,fragment ..tv..internet ..a neighbor planting a,seed ...
And I really get disillusioned by the putting down of the importance of HIS,WORD ..
I KNOW,I sound flip even I allude to the monk in he basement ..I am not putting down His,words,just the ideas,put forth
That they belong o the,RCC..or they mean les s tan word of mouth ..it the,apostles did not hAve the education to write them. Or Jesus,told them make a CATHOLUC CHURCH but not to write .
They are,either the INSPIRED WORD OF GOD written for ALL POSTERITY by those who knew,Him ...left to us,as Gifts,for HE,Great Commisssion
Or they belong in that basement ...
And we can only know,God by joining an institution and having secrets
Whispered only for those who conform ..to ROME ..
I cannot begin to explain how,disconcerting this,is,.
I really thought our differences,..Cath and non CATH were in rituals,
As long as,we,worship the same,Lord .
I choose o believe my Lord,lived me enough to take my sins,and yours,o that CROSS...
HE wants,all to come,to Him ...caves,...prairies,...cities ,..He,sent His,word by inspiration ..so we,would know,Him..
More important HE SENT HIS,SON TO TAKE OUR SINS,TO CALVARY ..IN OUR PLACE ....
thanks,for asking the question KAY ....God bless you both

----------
Great post, Roseez. I am happy that you have found Him, and the power that is in His Word.
One could inflict all sorts of pain on themselves, and it would not atone for even the smallest sin. Only His innocent blood could do that. Even in the temple sacrifice, the lamb had to be perfect, and it had to be offered perfectly, and so the LAMB offered for us was perfect, and perfectly offered. He loved us enough to willingly offer Himself for us.

His sacrifice is enough. He Himself said that, "It is finished." There is no more that anyone can do. Our part of the Covenant is to BELIEVE that His part is sufficient.

Some fuss about the 'works' part, but if we TRULY believe, our heart is changed, then our behavior is changed to good works.

Blessings to all...
KayMarie

#483403 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
Pope Francis is the Bishop. Jesus will not allow him to error when teaching on faith and morals.
YOU ARE OF ALL MEN... MOST GULLIBLE....
HERE IS WHAT THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE ABOUT PETER
Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
NOTE
Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John,-->who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
Gal 2:10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.
Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
~~~

GOD WILL NOT VIOLATE THE FREE WILL OF ANY MAN.

Just because a man is appointed to a position to usurp the position of the HOLY SPIRIT in Rome Italy...

Does not mean that the HOLY GHOST WILL STEP DOWN AND CEDE HIS POSITION TO HIM,,,

JESUS said of

THE HOLY GHOST...The third person of the GODHEAD ..

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 16:16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

Pope Francis......IS NOT THE HOLY GHOST..

HE HAS NO BUSINESS IN ATTEMPTING TO guide ANYONE into all truth:

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

NOTE
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

NOTE
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and

served the creature (THE POPE ) more than the Creator,(GOD) who is blessed for ever. Amen.
marge

Ames, IA

#483404 Oct 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you say to a born again evangelical biblical scholar who says you're wrong in your opinions about the meaning of scripture? How should one view Preston's opinion of you and your discernment abilities?
We all say our piece Anthony and we all back what we say with Scripture, it's up to every person individually to decide whether someone is speaking the truth or not.

Study to show 'yourself' approved.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#483405 Oct 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that according to some of these, I am [wrong] by trying to do [right].
I still will do what I think is RIGHT, and especially if I can back it up by "Sola Scripture".
Serious question here preston; If I exchanged nice emails with you, offered prayers for your grandchildren, expressed gratitude for your biblical wisdom, etc., would you consider me a Christian even though I remained firm in my Catholic beliefs?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#483406 Oct 19, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Perfect, Kaye.
The issue I have with her post is that she doesn't realize who the "biblical scholars" were and what their beliefs were....
marge

Ames, IA

#483407 Oct 19, 2013
of course Jesus says you must be born-again to 'see the kingdom of heaven'.

or the Truth.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#483408 Oct 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We all say our piece Anthony and we all back what we say with Scripture, it's up to every person individually to decide whether someone is speaking the truth or not.
Study to show 'yourself' approved.
So if preston says he speaks the truth about you and backs it up with scripture, and you disagree with him by using scripture, how does one know who's right? You both claim to be led by the Holy Spirit. If I read the scriptures you reference and decide he's right, how can I know for sure? What if my decision is wrong?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483409 Oct 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, you are taking her attitude and comparing it to her comprehension of the word of God. they are not what we are standing against(discernment) and you know that.

always, I have stood for Truth and what is right, this time has been no exception

#483410 Oct 19, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42" <quoted text>
Those "writings" he was referring to (such as the book of Jasher) is not even included in the bible.
There is some good example of the deceit of corrupted "priests".

----------
What makes you think that He was referring to Jasher? He said,'scriptures'...not 'Jasher'. It might not even have been available to them.

HE said that the Holy Ghost would bring to their remembrance the things that He told them. So the Holy Ghost can also bring to our remembrance what He wishes us to know.

Don't refuse Him...
KayMarie
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#483411 Oct 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no mystery of Christ...you are grasping at straw...
It pertains to the revelation of a mystery that for ages had been
hidden.

If you want to understand the mystery of Christ, you must read it.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483412 Oct 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Serious question here preston; If I exchanged nice emails with you, offered prayers for your grandchildren, expressed gratitude for your biblical wisdom, etc., would you consider me a Christian even though I remained firm in my Catholic beliefs?
to be a Christian is to love people even if they are not of our beliefs. there is an old saying and it still is true today.

there will be people in heaven who people thought would never be there, and there will NOT be people make it to Heaven who many people thought would be there.

I am not persuaded if people think that my Knowledge of the Word of God is Superior or not, I am persuaded if they think that I live it, just as I am persuaded if I see others live what thus saith the Lord.it is difficult almost impossible for me to accept you, HOJO et al as Christians ,who ridicule those of us who believe the Word of God to be self sufficient in and of itself to enable us to lead and live a Holy Life. being a catholic, a protestant or orthodoxy will not Save One person on this forum, and that to me is what I consider, as I expressed that to John many, many times.

so lets take a closer look. John always said that if we didn't belong to the Orthodoxy, we were not Saved. Nick and Rose have Never said that to me. the catholic belief on this forum accentuates the very same train of thought as what John claimed.

while to the Protestants on here, we adhere to what Jesus says, "except a man/woman is Born Again, they shall not enter into Heaven". also the Bible says that if we don't love the Brethren, we don't love God, and further, if we love God, we will love the Brethren and Nick and Rose have showed Love.

what have you showed?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#483413 Oct 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Anthony, you are taking her attitude and comparing it to her comprehension of the word of God. they are not what we are standing against(discernment) and you know that.
always, I have stood for Truth and what is right, this time has been no exception
I have a problem with you and others making judgements as to whether someone is a Christian or not based on their behaviour here. For all we know, marge may be the most generous and giving person on the board.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#483414 Oct 19, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42" <quoted text>
Those "writings" he was referring to (such as the book of Jasher) is not even included in the bible.
There is some good example of the deceit of corrupted "priests".
----------
What makes you think that He was referring to Jasher? He said,'scriptures'...not 'Jasher'. It might not even have been available to them.
HE said that the Holy Ghost would bring to their remembrance the things that He told them. So the Holy Ghost can also bring to our remembrance what He wishes us to know.
Don't refuse Him...
KayMarie
Why do sincere Christians who prayerfully study scripture come to opposing conclusions?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#483415 Oct 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
form: shape; figuratively, nature:--form.
So what does that have to do with the price of eggs in Cuba???
It just flew right over your head, Ox....

The Lordship of Jesus Christ is BUILT on this foundational truth: Jesus is God.

Long ago God spoke to the fathers by the prophets at different times and in different ways.

In these last days, He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things and through whom He made the universe.

He is the radiance of His glory, the exact expression of His nature, and He sustains all things by His powerful word.

After making purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 1 hr Paul Porter1 306
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Mr Sir 9,605
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr barry 84,339
News Pope's upcoming visit inspires anxiety in Phila... 16 hr policestatepractice 1
News Philly to-do list before the Pope, Democrats ar... 19 hr policestatepractice 1
News Drudge Report asks: Is Pope Francis the Antichr... Sun Edithbunker 1
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
More from around the web