Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688650 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#483547 Oct 19, 2013
Jesus Christ Established a Visible Church On Earth

Every Christian believes that Jesus Christ established and sustains a community of faith, hope and love for all believers. This community we call His Church. The Church that Christ founded is the Catholic Church which has a formal earthly structure established by Christ and which continues under His authority and protection.
In the Old Testament we see God's continual involvement in the lives of the Israelites through appointed prophets. God delivered, instructed and admonished the Israelites. He made His motions in a visible, specific and formal way. He always did so through human hands, mouths, feet, minds and wills. God established a law and a means for executing it.
In concert with His redemptive act, Jesus did THREE things that established the framework of HIS Church. FIRST, He chose humans to carry out His work. He appointed Peter to be the visible head of the Church. Jesus said to Peter, "You are Rock and on this rock I will build my Church." (Matthew 16: 18) Jesus said "build," as in to create a structure. Jesus built His structure on specifically chosen human beings Peter and the apostles.
SECOND, Jesus gave Peter and the apostles the power and authority to carry out His work. "Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven."(Matthew 16:19; 18:18) "Receive the Holy Spirit, whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven, whose sins you retain, they are retained."(John 20:23)
THIRD Jesus gave Peter and the apostles commands as to what that work should be. At the last supper, He commanded, "Do this in memory of Me." (Luke 22:19) He commanded them to "Make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19), and to "Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)
The early Church was structured in a hierarchical and authoritative manner as it is today. We see in Acts, chapter 15 how the apostles and the priests elders and deacons all came together under the leadership of St. Peter to decide the question of what was required of Gentiles. We also see how St. Peter was regarded as the head of the Church when St. Paul, "Went up to Jerusalem to confer with Kephas [Peter] and remained with him fifteen days." (Galatians 1:18) There is no Scriptural evidence of independent local churches.
The Catholic Church is the only church that can claim to have been founded by Christ personally. Every other church traces its lineage back to a mere human person such as Martin Luther or John Wesley. The Catholic Church can trace its lineage back to Jesus Christ who appointed St. Peter as the first pope. This line of popes has continued unbroken for almost 2,000 years.
God rules, instructs and sanctifies His people through His Church. Under her teaching office, the Catholic Church preserves the Word of God. She is the custodian, keeper, dispenser and interpreter of the TRUTH of teachings of Christ. I Timothy 3:15 The CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH and Jesus Christs Catholic Church accomplishes this under the protection of the Holy Spirit.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#483548 Oct 19, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spiritcy
Father,
Your Name is Holy.Peace. Love. Purity. Compassion. Mercy.
Your Son suffered unspeakably so that we may know you and fulfill your purpose that we become the Image of You and your Son.
Yet here Your Son's Name has become a battleground.
We know that all the knowledge in the world is nothing without Your Wisdom.
Please grace us with Your Mercy and Wisdom that, in this forum we may not draw further from each other, but closer to You.
We ask this in Jesus Our Savior's Name
Amen
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Repeated as it applies to our current society:
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray on the internet that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Location hidden

#483549 Oct 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
AND IN LIGGHT OF THE FACT WE ALL LOVE OUR LORD ...
FATHER GOD
ABBA
I thank you for your hearing me this,day .
We here love you .
We pray for Peace among us and a conclusion To our misunderstanding and conflict .
We pray for healing for any here who need it.. Our LOVED ones in need...also .
We know you hear us if we come In humility and supplication.
We,pray for our country and for peace .
Mostly we,pray we and our LOVED Ones may KNOW YOUR PRECIOUS SON JESUS AS SAVIOUR AND LORD .
WE,KNOW your Spirit can reach Even the most hardened heart.
We,ask in Jesus name
AMEN
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Repeated as it applies to our current society:
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray on the internet that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Location hidden

#483550 Oct 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
I could take the time to look up your absurdity, but as I recall you say that the church was the bride of Christ...that makes one...
The Bible teaches His bride is the New Jerusalem...that makes two..
bride:a woman who has just been or is about to be married
Two brides...one groom equals bigamy....
----------
I'm sure glad that you explained your thoughts on that!
Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, EVEN AS CHRIST IS HEAD OF THE CHURCH: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, EVEN AS CHRIST ALSO LOVED THE CHURCH, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loves his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourishes and cherishes it, EVEN AS THE LORD THE CHURCH:
Eph 5:30 For WE ARE MEMBERS OF HIS BODY, OF HIS FLESH AND OF HIS BONES.(GEN. 2:23)
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is A GREAT MYSTERY: but I speak concerning CHRIST AND THE CHURCH.
Rev 19:5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
Rev 19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reignes.
Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to him: for THE MARRIAGE OF THE LAMB IS COME, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: FOR THE FINE LINEN IS THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE SAINTS (CHURCH).
Rev 19:9 And he said unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are coice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
The Church IS the New Jerusalem, the Bride of Christ. A great mystery, yes. What? Don't you know that YOU are the temple of the Holy Ghost? There is ONE Bride.
We will understand it better by and by...
KayMarie
You have nothing but your ego and pride to erroneously maintain your absurdity...you are saying that your Bible is fallible...it teaches opposite of the KJV!!!!!!!!

Scripture:
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Jerusalem: the capitol of Palestine:--Jerusalem.

Per the English dictionary:
Jerusalem A city divided between east-central Israel and the Israeli-occupied West Bank. Jerusalem was founded as far back as the fourth millennium b.c. and was ruled by the Canaanites, Hebrews, Greeks, Romans, Persians, Arabs, Crusaders, Turks, and British before being divided in 1949 into eastern and western sectors under Israeli and Jordanian control. In 1967, Israeli forces captured the eastern sector from Jordan, later declaring the city as a whole to be the capital of Israel. The legal status of Jerusalem, considered a holy city to Jews, Muslims, and Christians, remains fiercely disputed. Population: 729,000.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#483551 Oct 19, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
IF SOMEONE SAYS PRAYING TO MARY IS NOT IN THE BIBLE;
They must be reading comic books for Bibles.........
HAIL MARY FULL OF GRACE THE LORD IS WITH YOU
Luke 1:28 "And coming to her, he said, "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you."
BLESSED ART THOU AMONGST WOMAN
Luke 1:41-42a "When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women..."
Luke 1:48 "For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed."
BLESSED IS THE FRUIT OF YOUR WOMB JESUS
Luke 1:42b "and blessed is the fruit of your womb."
Jesus is Mary's fruit. Good fruit does not come from anything but a good tree (Mt. 7:17-18)! The all-holy Son of God could not be the fruit of any other tree than the Immaculate Virgin.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD
Luke 1:43 "And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
PRAY FOR US SINNERS NOW AND AT THE HOUR OF OUR DEATH AMEN
Luke 2:35 "...and you yourself a sword will pierce so that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed."
John 2:5 "His mother said to the servers, "Do whatever he tells you."
Mary sees a need and appeals to Her Son to satisfy it. He does. We turn to Mary to ask her to intercede with her Son in our daily spiritual and material needs, but especially at the hour of our death. At that moment our salvation hangs in the balance as the devil makes his final foray to deter us from the path to God (Rev. 2:10). It is not surprising, therefore, that both the Hail Mary and the Our Father conclude with an appeal to be delivered from the evil one.
So next time someone asks you why you pray to Mary ask them why don't they pray to Mary?
You said, quote, "HAIL MARY FULL OF GRACE THE LORD IS WITH YOU
Luke 1:28 "And coming to her, he said, "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you." End quote.

Luke 1:28, "And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women." KJV

You call this a prayer? You are completely nuts. Actually your translation is incorrect as well. The angel NEVER calls Mary "full of grace". It may appear in your Douay-Rheims Roman Catholic Bible translated from the Latin Vulgate but not from a Bible translated from the original Greek.

You said, quote, "BLESSED ART THOU AMONGST WOMAN
Luke 1:41-42a "When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women..."

Luke 1:41-42, "And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: 42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb." KJV

You said, quote, "Luke 1:48 "For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed."

Luke 1:48, "For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed." KJV

You said, quote, "PRAY FOR US SINNERS NOW AND AT THE HOUR OF OUR DEATH AMEN
Luke 2:35 "...and you yourself a sword will pierce so that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed."
John 2:5 "His mother said to the servers, "Do whatever he tells you."

Luke 2:35, "(Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.
John 2:5, "His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it."

John 2:4, "Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come."

Woman? Why not mother? Jesus corrected her.

This Mary, the perfect mother who left her son in the temple with strangers and completely forgot where he was. That Mary!!! You pray to her? If she forgot him she forgot you.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#483552 Oct 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
His divine nature is the same as that of the Father. The Council of Nicea in 325 defined that He is "one in substance [homoousios] with the Father".....
It took 300 years after he died for a bunch of pagan ROmans to decree what Jesus was.... and you buy that bullshit over the words of Jesus in the Gospels.

If it was true then Jesus would have made it perfectly clear in the Gospels.
Your religion puts the words of Priests, Paul and Popes over that of Jesus.

You literally P all over Jesus.

Location hidden

#483553 Oct 19, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It took 300 years after he died for a bunch of pagan ROmans to decree what Jesus was.... and you buy that bullshit over the words of Jesus in the Gospels.
If it was true then Jesus would have made it perfectly clear in the Gospels.
Your religion puts the words of Priests, Paul and Popes over that of Jesus.
You literally P all over Jesus.
This is based on Scripture: His divine nature is the same as that of the Father. The Council of Nicea in 325 defined that He is "one in substance [homoousios] with the Father".....

I will not engage any person in a conversation who refers to Scripture as B.S.

Plus...you have no idea what religion I am a member of...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#483554 Oct 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>glad to see you on here. your advice was taken and the adblocker worked. no more pop ups. thanks preston
That's great! I'm glad that it worked for you Preston...and you don't have to be pestered by offensive adds.
Thank adblock, not me...
BTW...Thanks for being compassionate and supportive of those in need...You are a good man... I wanted you to hear that from a Pagan.
Oh, and say it out loud so you have received it wholly.

Location hidden

#483556 Oct 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great! I'm glad that it worked for you Preston...and you don't have to be pestered by offensive adds.
Thank adblock, not me...
BTW...Thanks for being compassionate and supportive of those in need...You are a good man... I wanted you to hear that from a Pagan.
Oh, and say it out loud so you have received it wholly.
Really??? He is a good man??? You can tell whom knows the Word of God by their nonsense!!!!

And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Location hidden

#483557 Oct 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Black Thunder 42" <quoted text>
Those "writings" he was referring to (such as the book of Jasher) is not even included in the bible.
There is some good example of the deceit of corrupted "priests".
----------
What makes you think that He was referring to Jasher? He said,'scriptures'...not 'Jasher'. It might not even have been available to them.
HE said that the Holy Ghost would bring to their remembrance the things that He told them. So the Holy Ghost can also bring to our remembrance what He wishes us to know.
Don't refuse Him...
KayMarie
Pay attention...I said "such as Jasher". There were many writings he referred to when he said "it is written". Haven't you learned that yet? Most are NOT included in canon.
BTW...there was NO bible when he was speaking...
truth

Australia

#483558 Oct 19, 2013
when i ebter in house i say..i have to pray..yee..why..as i fill what is it as it is..then after midnight i ray from 12 toward 2.30-3 o'clock..i become very tired with my rosary in my hand but i see i am strong like nothing happen..
you know Jesus
i say what i need from you..
as you do in Kana galilejska do miracle in my house too,,yeep

i fill from my back as 100 km per hour something trough me but nothing happen no i don't move..ha ha ha..simply door in my heart open then in my mind then bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
toward other door gone out..

goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee
truth

Australia

#483559 Oct 19, 2013
entering in my house..yep

see jesus know leaders and others who they are..
you can fill too them all

they are not holy
victims of them as police judges lawyers amnd others leaders cover up on most owfull way..i say to you as they liked be transform as they do as they wish then you need know prayers its going effect them..

sword and words of Almighty god..

don't be afraid of them..they not pray as others can pray too..

Mercy of God exist..
truth

Australia

#483560 Oct 19, 2013
pray as Jesus and mother Mary are transformers rosary..
they will come in your life..as well your assistance..

you need understood that you can understand love and protection of god..

yee
truth

Australia

#483561 Oct 19, 2013
poor people on street sleep and asked for help
rich usually passing not even look

be bless who is poor God is always with them..

i sit in church today very nice young man with nice lady
yee..
o yee i see what i have to see

what other things coming from him toward me..yee
its not holy spirit..its something ddeference as posessor within him..yee..
see i don't say nothing at all any prayers..but
its start going out from him..

see

pray
god can hear prayers see too..

yee you can recognize many person nothing say just stop near you can see what is inside..

many many are legions

o lord mercyyyyy my Lord
they pray like that

be good

God is upon all of us.
truth

Australia

#483562 Oct 19, 2013
raseto is instrument where you put wheat seeds and its going around to find or remove weeds..yee..

then you can put toward winds phuuuuuuuuuuuu its gone..we call that vijati or vijoriti izvijati wheat from weeds and other things
then put water then you will see how much left from that water in raseto as asher..

whet every priest as bread have symbol on cloth

whet as every general as leaders have over hat hand and so on..

i say to you
Jesus Christ speak in parable.

Why ants have colony?
weed seed and good seeds..

Why colonel serve public as well stay with public?

be good

Location hidden

#483563 Oct 19, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are embarrassing yourself!
He never said to pray on a public forum either and people do it all the time .[lol]
Mt 6:6
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Blessed Mother Mary’s part…. was a very important part in Christianity, Blessed Mother brought JESUS to US to save us.
"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you" (Lk 1:28)
"Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb"
(Lk 1:42).
LK 1:43 43 Elizabeth said….
“And how does this happen to me, that the Mother of my LORD should come to me?
THE ANGELUS
The Angel of the Lord declared to Mary:
And she conceived of the Holy Spirit. Lk 1:19,Mt 1, Lk 1:35
Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy WORD.
LK 1:38
And the Word was made Flesh: And dwelt among us. John 1:14
Mary is honored, NOT worshiped as we worship JESUS only!!!!!
I am not praying. I am telling you what Jesus said....and you completely ignored it.
As usual.
truth

Australia

#483564 Oct 19, 2013
they will tell you
who going toward you with stone or rocks..you going them with bread..confess yourself Eucharistic.

if not that stop..then make from your roof house tiny spot..then put as cylinder within tiny rocks ..water will wash..

Why you will worried look our lovely God sending rain and everything what we need..every priest say trough world as mass..wash me cleans me from my sin..you need ad even from deserved judgment.

Don't be affraid why you think priest is better then you..
remember what Jesus say to his mother and Joseph..
we are so sad where are you..
who me..
i am in my father house..
but we as parents and brothers and sister worried about you..

he give answer

who is my brothers and sisters

you who listen me as alive believers..

words of God is as some with you as well others..

Location hidden

#483565 Oct 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??? He is a good man??? You can tell whom knows the Word of God by their nonsense!!!!
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
I don't think it's any of your business what I say to the cowboy.
I could care less what you think about the "word" of any god.
YOU certainly don't posit a very good example of crister behavior, so it would be in your best interest if you didn't defame others in lieu of your own "log on the eye" hypocrisy.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#483566 Oct 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony,
This world is temporary....
We are NOT to conform to this world....
2 Corinthians 4:18
18 So we fix our eyes NOT on what is seen, but on what is UNSEEN, since what is seen is TEMPORARY, but what is <<<<<UNSEEN is ETERNAL.>>>>>
UNSEEN IS ETERNAL.....
Sadly I have to say that you understand this about as much as you understand what really happened in the garden of Eden.

I said once before that if people don't really comprehend accurately the first 6 chapters of Genesis then there will be no way they can accurately comprehend the rest of the scriptures. Most Christians fail miserably to accurately comprehend the first 6 chapters of Genesis upon which the rest of the scriptures are built.
truth

Australia

#483567 Oct 20, 2013
Its again to understand you need understood
we speak deference language to understood each other complete.

I told you
my father lose youngest brother as acident in foreginer country..yee he cry in sleep as night mare every night..i listen many times..do mum something..my father alwayes bring black cloth as sorrow as respect when you lose someone..yee..my mother dissapier one night with grandmother to old church far away from my place..priest give order pray he put around altar many small roks stone as sharp that you can't imagen ..pray he going first then my mother following in prayers and tears around opn her empty knee..my poor good mother..
my grandmother say she can't she sit on chair as queen..but during prayers its sweech off toward her she fall down in deep dream..my mother not..blade trough her knee go everywhere but she not stop..when priest stop toward morning she stop..after that never come night mare toward him..
Loving God
you give to
holy saints peregrine
strengthen those who suffer
give us comfort in the trouble moment of our personal life.
Many mothers as saint Peregrine have knee full of blade in prayers..because they believe in name of Jesus Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web