Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670458 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#483492 Oct 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
So does mine!!! But...it does not teach that Christ is God....
I am; this denotes eternal self-existence. As Jesus Christ is truly and eternally divine, his kindness, compassion, and grace, in coming into the world, taking upon him human nature, and dying upon the cross, surpass all finite comprehension, and lay upon all to whom he is revealed unspeakable obligations to love and obey him.
----------
In other words: GOD.
"Thought it not robbery'...did not consider it theft to be equal with God.
KM
Equal: Having the same quantity, measure, or value as another.

Christ was equal to God...so says my Bible...but yours, evidently, does not say that....it is defective....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#483493 Oct 19, 2013
who="HuskerDu"<qu oted text>Christ meant physically dying.
----------
Born again is NOT death, but new life.
KM
it's,quite clear in Scripture He,was talking about being born again
Of the,Spirit .
Those kinds,of statements,..if that is what is,really taught ..
Are totally not in synch with doctrine they say they gave us,..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#483494 Oct 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It pertains to the revelation of a mystery that for ages had been
hidden.
If you want to understand the mystery of Christ, you must read it.
Such wisdom!!!! Since it is hidden, how am I going to be able to read it????!!!!
Liam

Detroit, MI

#483496 Oct 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>first thing that I should say is this. I contacted people by email privately, and asked them to pray for nick and rose. and that included marge. I received messages back that they would. and then Marge began to attack them and I told her to stop but she wouldn't. she is very hard headed, that isn't judging her as you would like to say. she showed unchristian like hospitality.
for that I apologize not one whit as I said before. I judge deeds and speak out if they are wrong. now you can like that or not. I don't care.
But Marge didn't think she was 'attacking them' as you say. I believe she thought she was doing her duty as a Christian to get them saved.
Its good that you sent emails to encourage people to pray for them. I'm guessing you still think we Catholics are damned to Hell, since we weren't invited to join the prayer group. But that's ok, Preston. I sincerely pray for everyone on this forum all the time. It doesn't matter to me if you think my prayers are no good.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#483497 Oct 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes---the Catholic Church, the Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF, formed, authenticated and initiated!!! The only Church that was around, referred to in the Acts 2 with Bishops, Priests, Elder and deacons, a heirarchical, authoritative, visible (Universal( Church
can't some of the Orthodox of today trace their roots to that time also

Couldn't Luther for that matter ??

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483498 Oct 19, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so Herm. I do recognize the Christian act that Preston showed. I also saw the hypocrisy too.
Look, there are 'Christian acts' done by everyone on this Earth in all religions. Even a atheists organization does a food drive here in the twin cities. That's not an evil thing just because Atheist are doing it.
I see reflections of God in all peoples. His love is not confined to Catholicism. And the Catholic Church does not teach that. However, the evangelical movement believes you and I are going to hell. They are doing a good thing by praying for you and Sera, but you simply can not deny that they teach that your orthodoxy is bringing you to hell. And Marge (doing what she believes is her duty as a Christian) is calling you out on your idolatry. Preston is saying 'nows not the time for that, they need our prayers'. THAT is a noble gesture by him. But do out be blind to the fact they consider you damned for being an Orthodox Christian. Remember, your Orthodoxy IS Catholicism in many many ways..
as I said a few hours ago, john an orthodox said we who are Born Again will not go to Heaven since there is no Salvation outside his church. Nick has never said that to me or anyone else. Nor have I said that to me. RoS claimed them as Brother and Sister in Christ, I agree.

so the damnation is coming from your side not me. tho I make it clear that ANY person who is not Born Again will not enter Heaven. jesus said that, I believe that, and that settles it.

if you take away the name of Orthodox with Nick, doesn't take away his love for the Lord, take away the name of Nazarene for me and yet it doesn't take away my Love for the Lord.` others can speak for themselves.

but I don't remember you ever saying that YOU love the Lord, only Him, and your church membership doesn't matter.

Church membership will never get ONE person into heaven, don't believe it, wait and see. when your time comes, Only your Love for the Lord and the Blood shed on Calvary will give you or anyone else Membership.

a few hours ago, HOJO spoke about the billion or so catholics in your church. BIG DEAL!!!! God doesn't care about numbers, he cares about the Person, and the Bible is clear that few walk the way of Holiness. So I hope that you make Heaven your home, But there is only One Way.

You Love that piece of grain, but it has no Saving Grace, to bad that you don't relish the Blood as much.

Location hidden

#483499 Oct 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider the possibility that we Catholics see our seperated protestant brethren as you describe above...that is what the Church has been saying for a long time.
I am not Separated in any way shape or form. I was Saved 8/25/82, Sanctified on 8/27/82, Baptized on 5/28/83, Called to Preach March 1984, Preached my First Message on Easter Sunday night, 1984.

I lack nothing when it comes to Christianity, your rituals mean nothing to me or to Christianity. it is what is in the Heart that will separate us from each other and/or God.

so unless YOU are Born Again, the Separation is from God. friendship with me will avail you nothing.

Location hidden

#483501 Oct 19, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
But Marge didn't think she was 'attacking them' as you say. I believe she thought she was doing her duty as a Christian to get them saved.
Its good that you sent emails to encourage people to pray for them. I'm guessing you still think we Catholics are damned to Hell, since we weren't invited to join the prayer group. But that's ok, Preston. I sincerely pray for everyone on this forum all the time. It doesn't matter to me if you think my prayers are no good.
sorry, but you just aren't in our "separated" clique, take it up with your pope.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#483502 Oct 19, 2013
who="Regina"<quot ed text>
Bless your heart. That's not what I meant, but I suspect you know that.
Yes, there used to be many excellent Catholic posters on these boards. They really knew their faith and weren't afraid to defend Christ and His church. There's a reason why most of them left. Look around the whole Catholic forum, not just this thread. Not one of them is left except for the few hangers-on here. It goes back to what Fr. Dye last said. He recognized it; it's hard not to. And then it got worse.
----------
How/where is Fr. Dye? His posts were reasonable. He explained himself without much 'fuss'.
It is sad that there is so much conflict between us who name the name of Jesus as our Savior. The world is becoming a more unfriendly place for Christians. I've a feeling that we are going to need each other very much in the near future.
KayMarie
I agree ..

Those,who hate Christ make no distinction in who they hate

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#483503 Oct 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The CHURCH of that time did compile it ..Weren't those Churches now called Orthodox a part of it??
That wasn't the point ...
Let's face it a lot if folks did not read ..did the Church bring people to Chrit ..of course .....but your original premises about bible believing Christians being more recent ..You just sneered your own question ..
Your Church ..in.my opinion ..o all caught up with he Secular.
THEre was a New World about to be settled ..You think God did not know this...And want His,Word spread in the way it was ...
THERR was a wide nation to be settled ..folks read the bible tourist children before they built any Churches .
I'm convinced GOD KNOWS ALL AND PROVIDED FOR THIS...in light of EHAT was going on at the time in Europe ..You bet .
The CHURCH of Jesus was never to be he CHURCH of Caesar ...And kinky thrones ..And kissing rings by monarchs ...
God used men ..we had a,Reformation...bibles were loosed ; no the world ..the settlers brought the faith o he New World ..non Catholic as well as Catholic ...
Secular??? Ha, Ha, Ha. it’s the first Church called Catholic that kept JESUS alive by professing HIS Word. You would not know about JESUS if the Catholics didn’t bring Him and Holy Scripture to you.

No…there was no Bible to be read, Rose. Know what was going on in Europe, King Henrey VII became a protestant, he wanted divorce and to remarry so he started his own Church. And wouldn’t you know it that church is now joining JESUS true Church. Thanks be to God!!!

You’ve got that right it was NEVER the church of Caesar…. It was the Church of Jesus Christ.….
We were being persecuted by the pagans… we were being persecuted by the protestants.
“The Church has suffered many kinds of persecution. The growth and the continued existence of Christianity have been hindered by cultured paganism and by savage heathenism. And in more recent times agnosticism has harassed the Church in the various states of America and Europe. But most deplorable of all persecutions have been those that Catholicism has suffered from other Christians. With regard to these it has to be considered that the Church herself has appealed to force, and that, not only in her own defense, but also, so it is objected, in unprovoked attack. Thus by means of the Inquisition or religious wars she was herself the aggressor in many instances during the Middle Ages and in the time of the Reformation. And even if the answer be urged that she was only defending her own existence, the retort seems fairly plausible that pagan and heathen powers were only acting in their own defense

when they prohibited the spread of Christianity.
The Church would therefore seem to be strangely inconsistent, for while she claims toleration and liberty for herself she has been and still remains intolerant of all other religions.” from New Advent . org

continue for Rose

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#483504 Oct 19, 2013
@ Rose more for you.....

Martin Luther was a heretic with his own ideas, pretty much like the protestant here.
You might want to read this……………
“As we approach the five hundred year anniversary of the Protestant reformulation on October 31, 2017, I am looking back to examine how that all worked for them. I am examining true fruit of the Tree of Protest, so to speak. In the last installment I went back and started from the beginning by examining The 38 Most Ridiculous Things that Martin Luther, the illustrious Father of Protestantism and the Bible-Only (sola-scriptura) movement, said. For this installment I’m jumping forward five centuries later to put on display the crowning fruit of the ‘so-called’ reformer’s rejection of the Sacrifice of the Mass, rejection of the complete Bible, rejection of sacred Tradition, rejection the Apostolic doctrine, rejection of the authority of the Catholic Church, rejection of the communion of Saints, and rejection of Mary. Altogether, their rejection of the only Church that Christ Jesus Himself established through His Apostles is summed up in image of the billboard below of a new Protestant Church located in downtown Warren, Ohio.”
Read more at: http://www.davidlgray.info/blog/2013/10/500-y... | DavidLGray.INFO
Be sure to read some of ML’s quotes
http://www.davidlgray.info/blog/2013/09/500-y...

ML ruined it for you proterstants that is why there is spin off after spin off after spin off… to the point where there is 42K churches, and none can agree.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#483505 Oct 19, 2013
who="Regina"<quot ed text>
Bless your heart. That's not what I meant, but I suspect you know that.
Yes, there used to be many excellent Catholic posters on these boards. They really knew their faith and weren't afraid to defend Christ and His church. There's a reason why most of them left. Look around the whole Catholic forum, not just this thread. Not one of them is left except for the few hangers-on here. It goes back to what Fr. Dye last said. He recognized it; it's hard not to. And then it got worse.
----------
How/where is Fr. Dye? His posts were reasonable. He explained himself without much 'fuss'.
It is sad that there is so much conflict between us who name the name of Jesus as our Savior. The world is becoming a more unfriendly place for Christians. I've a feeling that we are going to need each other very much in the near future.
KayMarie
I agree, Kay. You and I briefly touched on this in the past. I used to doubt that it would be in our lifetime, but I'm doubting less and less these days.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#483506 Oct 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>as I said a few hours ago, john an orthodox said we who are Born Again will not go to Heaven since there is no Salvation outside his church. Nick has never said that to me or anyone else. Nor have I said that to me. RoS claimed them as Brother and Sister in Christ, I agree.
so the damnation is coming from your side not me. tho I make it clear that ANY person who is not Born Again will not enter Heaven. jesus said that, I believe that, and that settles it.
if you take away the name of Orthodox with Nick, doesn't take away his love for the Lord, take away the name of Nazarene for me and yet it doesn't take away my Love for the Lord.` others can speak for themselves.
but I don't remember you ever saying that YOU love the Lord, only Him, and your church membership doesn't matter.
Church membership will never get ONE person into heaven, don't believe it, wait and see. when your time comes, Only your Love for the Lord and the Blood shed on Calvary will give you or anyone else Membership.
a few hours ago, HOJO spoke about the billion or so catholics in your church. BIG DEAL!!!! God doesn't care about numbers, he cares about the Person, and the Bible is clear that few walk the way of Holiness. So I hope that you make Heaven your home, But there is only One Way.
You Love that piece of grain, but it has no Saving Grace, to bad that you don't relish the Blood as much.
Christ is the Alpha and the Omega. I believe that a person can be Born Again outside any Church.You can find sites with my Church holding various opinions on this from yes to no to I dont know. believe fully in the Born Again experience.It makes me no less Orthodox.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#483507 Oct 19, 2013
who="StarC"
Don't like it do you. Its your founder Gif/KM... this is who you follow.
Jesus founded our Church, live with it.
Know what get old? YOU.
You attack and I will defend, your style.
You wrote.
"is she your husband first wife"
LOL, too funny is that all you have?
One husband, One wife per lifetime, right. Obviously the founder of your church didn't follow Scripture!
Did you forget you told us you are 'penticostal'?
Be nice and I'll be nice, otherwise expect the same.
----------
Aimee McPherson DID NOT establish the church to which I belong, and God won't judge me for whatever Aimee did. Aimee is dead, but the headlines at the top of this page list lots of live Catholics who are anything but godly.
Suppose neither of us judges the other by long dead strangers...or let's just not judge ANYBODY, as that job belongs to God.
KayMarie
Then who did find your church? You said you were pentecostal.

Regarding judging, sounds good to me. But first be sure you tell you husband not to judge either. Tell Gif to stop posting like this [see below] also. He is the most arrogant bigot on these threads.
And he may not know this….. The majority of the lawmakers are protestant. Maybe you all can pick up the tab.
SO ABAMA CARE HAS PASSED
THANKS TO THE ROMAN CATHOLICS THAT CONTROL THE
SUPREME COURT
THE HOUSE
AND THE SENATE
Hmmmmm
I wonder if the catholic charities can afford pick up the tab..
and support those that these have put out of a Job
as they have for the Sodomizes...
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#483508 Oct 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>as I said a few hours ago, john an orthodox said we who are Born Again will not go to Heaven since there is no Salvation outside his church.
Actually, no, that is not what he said. He said he knew of no salvation outside the church, and that God will save whom God will save. He never condemned anyone to hell. In good conscience, I can't let you continue to malign him since he's not here to defend himself. Now let the man rest in peace.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#483509 Oct 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
How does "scripture" teach you to pray..."Our father, who are in heaven, Hallowed be thy name...thy kingdom come...thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven... Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us....Lead us not into temptation...for thine is the power and the glory forever."
That is what Jesus said is the only prayer that is of any importance.
Do you know why?
BTW there is NO Mary mentioned...do you know why?
I will tell you about the "Mary" part...Thou shall hold no others before me...simple as that...
Now figure the other out for yourself, lest I should have to embarrass you even more.
Actually you are embarrassing yourself!

He never said to pray on a public forum either and people do it all the time .[lol]

Mt 6:6
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Blessed Mother Mary’s part…. was a very important part in Christianity, Blessed Mother brought JESUS to US to save us.

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you" (Lk 1:28)
"Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb"
(Lk 1:42).

LK 1:43 43 Elizabeth said….
“And how does this happen to me, that the Mother of my LORD should come to me?

THE ANGELUS
The Angel of the Lord declared to Mary:
And she conceived of the Holy Spirit. Lk 1:19,Mt 1, Lk 1:35

Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy WORD.
LK 1:38
And the Word was made Flesh: And dwelt among us. John 1:14

Mary is honored, NOT worshiped as we worship JESUS only!!!!!

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#483510 Oct 19, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Earlier in a post U mentioned that Jesus never turns away a petition of his mother. Can U please point out in scripture where I may find this where Jesus was said to have mentioned it? I would like to learn more about it so if U don't mind....
[not directed at me, just my two cents]

When JESUS WAS asked by his Blessed Mother… he turned water into wine, at the wedding in Cana. Blessed Mother said “ Do whatever HE tells you”

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#483511 Oct 19, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Secular??? Ha, Ha, Ha. it’s the first Church called Catholic that kept JESUS alive by professing HIS Word. You would not know about JESUS if the Catholics didn’t bring Him and Holy Scripture to you.
No…there was no Bible to be read, Rose. Know what was going on in Europe, King Henrey VII became a protestant, he wanted divorce and to remarry so he started his own Church. And wouldn’t you know it that church is now joining JESUS true Church. Thanks be to God!!!
You’ve got that right it was NEVER the church of Caesar…. It was the Church of Jesus Christ.….
We were being persecuted by the pagans… we were being persecuted by the protestants.
“The Church has suffered many kinds of persecution. The growth and the continued existence of Christianity have been hindered by cultured paganism and by savage heathenism. And in more recent times agnosticism has harassed the Church in the various states of America and Europe. But most deplorable of all persecutions have been those that Catholicism has suffered from other Christians. With regard to these it has to be considered that the Church herself has appealed to force, and that, not only in her own defense, but also, so it is objected, in unprovoked attack. Thus by means of the Inquisition or religious wars she was herself the aggressor in many instances during the Middle Ages and in the time of the Reformation. And even if the answer be urged that she was only defending her own existence, the retort seems fairly plausible that pagan and heathen powers were only acting in their own defense
when they prohibited the spread of Christianity.
The Church would therefore seem to be strangely inconsistent, for while she claims toleration and liberty for herself she has been and still remains intolerant of all other religions.” from New Advent . org
continue for Rose
Who were he Jews persecuting?
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#483512 Oct 19, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
[not directed at me, just my two cents]
When JESUS WAS asked by his Blessed Mother… he turned water into wine, at the wedding in Cana. Blessed Mother said “ Do whatever HE tells you”
Hi, Star! Here is also a type in the OT (there are others, but I love this one):

1 Kings 2:19-25

19 So Bathsheba went to King Solomon, to speak to him on behalf of Adonijah. The king rose to meet her, and bowed down to her; then he sat on his throne, and had a throne brought for the king’s mother, and she sat on his right. 20 Then she said,“I have one small request to make of you; do not refuse me.” And the king said to her,“Make your request, my mother; for I will not refuse you.”

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#483513 Oct 19, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Earlier in a post U mentioned that Jesus never turns away a petition of his mother. Can U please point out in scripture where I may find this where Jesus was said to have mentioned it? I would like to learn more about it so if U don't mind....
OOps, forgot the verse John 2:5-7

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Married in 10,403
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Wed WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
More from around the web