Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687169 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

George Roy

Jakarta, Indonesia

#483372 Oct 19, 2013
Buy a wife from Vietnam. E-mail: master_hoang[at]rocketmail.com

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483373 Oct 19, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Preston.I often think of my prayer friends here when I start to lose hope. Just so you know,if it cost you criticism, it does help me and Rose a lot.We will both have no fear of condemnation from those that judge, not from the heart but from pride. And we feel no need to defend ourselves to someone who will not listen.Jesus knows our heart. We will rest without fear in Christ Whose love for you and us and Whose mercy we will always trust.e want to know and be with Christ.We know He is always with us.We want to share in this relationship.If we are wrong in any of our veliefs or have offended Him in any way, we ask forgiveness and will trust in the Blood He shed for us.
what I find troubling is the Fact that I shouldn't have to defend myself nor my decision regarding marge, from people who claim to be Christian on this forum.

But that again is what the Bible teaches us.

Jesus will and does know us by our [fruits].

and when Jesus walks by me, I want my tree to be pleasing to him, and not cursed ,because of my withered dried up figs.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#483374 Oct 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur Tivoli..really ..
That people in general....DID NOT HAVE ...or were forbidden to Have
The Scripture GIVEN BY INSPIRATION ...to read in he entirety not just dribbled out each week in pieces until then.
THRY had nothin to study .
During ..That time this COUNTRY was settled ..bibles used to teach children..people with a love for GOD AND FREEDOM insisting on no state
RELIGION
NO CHURCH GOVERNMENT..CATHOLUC or Church of Enland To tell them ..these
Rituals,must be performed and you can listen to his fragment of God's,word each time you go to CHURCH .
The people had bible's in greater numbers,by this TIME..And you call the,Reformation a bad thing .
The word was,spread further ...each father read in o his child,..in unsettled prairies ..etc .
I imagine it was harder in Europe But eventually people had access to the,WHOLE WORD IN CONTEXT ...not in pieces ..
Did it ever occur to you that there was "no bible" as we know it today until the 17th century. The Church came first and then the Bible. The Bible wasn't even compiled until 382 AD and the printing press wasn't even invented until 1440 by John Guetenberg. If you really think that the bible is the only way of salvation (as these self-interpreting bible only "hack" preachers keep saying) then what about the billions and billions of Christian, who for, the 1st 1500 years of the Church, didn't have a bible. Jesus Christ established an authority of earth to preserve HIS revelation and decide the Canon of Scripture (by the Early Church Fathers who gave us the bible in 397 AD)...This authority is the Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, founded, established, formed and initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF!!! If you disagree then tell me what other authority determined the Bible canon?????

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483375 Oct 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible "never said anywhere" that bible only Sola Scriptura followers are Christian either does it??? In fact the bible never mentions "anywhere" the words bible only or Sola Scriptura, which is a doctrine of half-truth, half-heresy Christianity (that has no biblical or historical truth to back up ANY of its beliefs). It is NOTHING but a man-made belief that was NEVER believed by ANYONE until the 17the century (just an extension of the Reformation)!!!
YOUR response and reply is beyond belief that you would dare to find fault with people who love and follow the Word of God.

that is how simple this argument is of yours.

WE LOVE THE WORD OF GOD AND FOLLOW IT.

you ridicule us because of it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#483378 Oct 19, 2013
who="Tango Bravo" Would someone please help me understand "Sola Scriptura"? What are the sources/justifications of this approach to theology?

----------

Bible scholars compiled the Bible, after having concluded that the books enclosed were reliable. Sola scripture says that one needs to judge other writings/teachings BY THE BIBLE.

Many people write their opinions, but those opinions are not necessarily reliable.

There are many GOOD writings, by reliable Christians...SS does not infer that NO writings are trustworthy...just believes that those writings must agree with "IT IS WRITTEN".

KayMarie

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#483379 Oct 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what I find troubling is the Fact that I shouldn't have to defend myself nor my decision regarding marge, from people who claim to be Christian on this forum.
and when Jesus walks by me, I want my tree to be pleasing to him, and not cursed ,because of my withered dried up figs.
Preston What these stone throwers dont know is through your compassion,what you teach is also having an effect on Rose and me. No, I am not leaving the Orthodox Church, but your teaching is helping us to know Christ and the Holy Spirit better.The teachings of others, with their condemnation and pride directed to us, have no affect whatsoever. Really what they are teaching us is the weakness of man and how his imperfection clouds the message of Christ. Thanks again.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#483380 Oct 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOUR response and reply is beyond belief that you would dare to find fault with people who love and follow the Word of God
Your bible only "vindictive and judgmental) preacher Confrinting is the one who brought this subject up....... He claims that nowhere in the bible does it say that Catholics are Christian and my response was that nowhere does it say that bible only (Sola Scriptura believers) are Christian either........ You "fundies" (consistently) are judging, condmening and attacking the faith and salvation of other Christians on the forum (especially Catholics), WHO ARE YOU to find fault with us Catholics who love and follow the Word of God each and every day, at Daily Mass, receiving Jesus Christs TRUE BODY and BLOOD, along with the Sacraments, confession, Adoration in the Blessed Sacrament, in and through Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!!!!!!!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#483381 Oct 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan" <quoted text>
We, likewise, don't use scripture against you for "bible alone".... when that's not there.
----------
Jesus said, "It is WRITTEN..."
"Search the SCRIPTURES" (not the catechism)
There are more.
KayMarie
Those "writings" he was referring to (such as the book of Jasher) is not even included in the bible.
There is some good example of the deceit of corrupted "priests".
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#483382 Oct 19, 2013
TRUE CHURCH and BIBLE
TRUE CHURCH
True Catholic Church History Facts
When did the Church established by Jesus Christ get the name Catholic?
Christ left the adoption of a name for His Church to those whom he commissioned to teach all nations. Christ called the spiritual society He established, "My Church" (Mt. xvi, 18), "the Church" (Mt. xviii, 17).
In order to have a distinction between the Church and the Synagogue and to have a distinguishing name from those embracing Judaic and Gnostic errors we find St. Ignatius (50-107 AD) using the Greek word "Katholicos" (universal) to describe the universality of the Church established by Christ. St. Ignatius was appointed Bishop of Antioch by St. Peter, the Bishop of Rome. It is in his writings that we find the word Catholic used for the first time. St. Augustine, when speaking about the Church of Christ, calls it the Catholic Church 240 times in his writings.
St. Ignatius of Antioch, disciple of the Apostle John, concerning the heretics of his day wrote: "They have abstained from the Eucharist and prayer, because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Savior Jesus Christ."
St. Justin Martyr, another Church Father of the second century wrote: "This food is known among us as the Eucharist... We do not receive these things as common bread and common drink; but as Jesus Christ our Savior, being made flesh by the Word of God."
"Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has life everlasting and I will raise Him up on the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed" (John 6:54-56) "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" they argued.(John 6:53) "And whilst they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke: and gave to his disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat. THIS IS MY BODY. And taking the chalice, he gave thanks, and gave to them, saying: Drink ye all of this. FOR THIS IS MY BLOOD." (cf. Matt. 26:26-28; Mark 14:22-24; Luke 22:19-20).
In the most unequivocal language the Apostles affirmed that the bread and wine duly consecrated on the altar did in fact become the actual Substance of the Savior. Declared the Apostle Paul: "The chalice of benediction which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? And the bread which we break, is it not the partaking of the body of the Lord?" (1 Cor. 10:16)
....Receive ye the Holy Ghost. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." (John 20:19-23). "Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven." (Matt. 18:18) "Take heed to yourselves, and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God ..." (Acts. 20:28) "And when they had ordained to them priests in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, in whom they believed." (Acts 14:22). " He that heareth you, heareth me; and he that despiseth you, despiseth me; and he that despiseth me, despiseth Him that sent me." - Luke 10:16
Catholic Church is the church most united in Christ. The spectacle of one billion Catholics, three-fifths of all professed Christians, perfectly, indomitably united in belief, in organization, and in worship - the historical fact that Catholics, consistently the largest body of Christians in the world, have always been thus perfectly united - was evidence nobody can not ignore. Here is the unity of Bible prophecy - nowhere else on the Christian scene was there a unity nearly so compact, nearly so long-lived. Nowhere else on the Christian scene was there a unity so obviously permanent
Liam

Detroit, MI

#483383 Oct 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your Church that important..That you cast doubt on the ability of the apostles,to write ..(they had,the schooling until bar mitzvah a least ....
Then you said they did not write because,Jesus,did,not tell them to.
YOU doubt, You are,neglecting the fact that after they were imbued with he power of the HOLY Spirit ..after which we,know,they SPOKE in languages,all could understand ..You doubt the scripture on that ALSO..???
I have to say the posts,I've seen putting down the the importance
And authorship of scripture ..was greatly unsettling .
I KNOW what I Believe and WHO brought me to MY SAVIOUR.
I prayed last night for wisdom..for understanding ..And I thank Kay fit helping to clarify my thinking ...Luke most certainly wrote and was educated ...
However there are people who read here with no FAITH ..And your post casts,doubt ..
I will be looking for more ..But I found this,last night after my prayer for discernment ..
http://coldcasechristianity.com/2013/how-coul...
Your Church could not have existed totally by tradition...at some point things were,written probably Wembley realized Christ was,not coming back in their lifetime ...
Jesus did NOT TELL THEM TO PREACH IN TONGUES either ...But they did ..they were most obviously INSPURED TO WRITE FOR ALL OF POSERITY ....all of us,...
Thankfully we have that word ..
I immediately clarified that I did think the other Apostles could read and write. But the fact that they didn't, is proof that Jesus Christ never instructed the Apostles to create a Christian Bible. They did a the Lord commanded and set up the hierarchy. And no, Jesus didn't promise that he'd removed sin or sinful impulses of the ordained. He promised that He would be with them til the end of time. This means they do not error when speaking on faith and morals.

"where ever the Bishop appears, there let the people be, as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give Communion with out the consent of the Bishop. Therefore whatever has his approval is pleasing to God, thus will be safe and valid"
Ignatius of Antioch

Pope Francis is the Bishop. Jesus will not allow him to error when teaching on faith and morals.

#483384 Oct 19, 2013
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
Its called "Bible"....get one....if you need to know what it says...ask your husband..
----------
I keep trying to decide which of you is the kindest person on here!!
It is soooo hard to decide!:)
(I have about 50 Bibles if you need to look something up.)
But your comment was not in any Bible. Nor did I say anything to infer that Jesus was a bigamist.(If you don't know why you said what you did, I won't worry about it. You were just 'needling' me.:)
KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#483386 Oct 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony,
Faith comes by hearing <<<<<ONLY> >>>> the Word of God.
Hearing the opinions of man will ~~~NOT~~~ produce faith.
Hank, are your services strictly bible reading or do your pastors ever expound on the meaning scripture?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#483387 Oct 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony,
The Bible is indeed sufficient for the spiritual needs of man.
The Church existed before the NT was written. You need an authority to interpret difficult passages and settle doctrinal differences. If everyone decides thier own doctrines when they read the bible you get anarchy and thousands of competing denominations. That's not what Christ established.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#483388 Oct 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Catholic Church doesn't say the Assumption of Mary is in the bible. Adding to the bible would be like saying the bible says "faith alone", or "bible alone".
Jesus told the devil ....
Mat_4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Luk_4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word of God.
(I will say it to you that sides with the devil...)
and dispute what Jesus said,....
your fables and myths did not come from the mouth of God
Anthony MN wrote:
No, the Catholic Church doesn't say the Assumption of Mary is in the bible.
question
Whey do you propagate a lie That God has not spoken forth..( that did not proceed from GOD'S MOUTH.)..
and teach it as a doctrine..a lie that has deceived
MILLIONS OF innocent souls to believe that Mary is the
queen of heaven and baited them into worshiping her .
Thanks for your opinion.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#483389 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
God's word is limited to what he has actually spoken forth..
all else is lies fables and myths...
GOD'S WORD IS CONSISTENT FROM GENESIS VERSE 1...THROUGH REVELATION CHAPTER 22:20...
Num_23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent:
hath he said, and shall he not do it? or
hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
1Sa_15:29 And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent.
GOD SAID IN
Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
WHAT IS ACCOMPLISHED IN PROPAGATING A LIE ABOUT MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS
CLAIMING
IMMACULATE CONCEPTION ...
HOLLY ASSUMPTION ...
WHICH CANNOT BE FOUND IN THE BIBLE..
PERPETUAL VIRGINITY...
What God has actually "spoken forth" is not limitied to the ink and paper you have.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#483391 Oct 19, 2013
who=" Anthony MN" <quoted text>
God's Word is not limited to ink and paper.
----------
Of course God can speak (I've heard Him), but the things we hear must be weighed BY IT IS WRITTEN.
A woman once told me that Jesus came to her room and hung His off-white robe on her bed, and spent time with her.:(
Wouldn't the world and the devil play with THAT 'word'!!!
Better learn to check out what you hear...
KayMarie
Well Kay, I do check what I hear. I check with those who were taught by the apostles and those they taught. Do you think I should be checking with you or your husband instead? Why does he or you have more authority than they had?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#483393 Oct 19, 2013
who="Tango Bravo" Would someone please help me understand "Sola Scriptura"? What are the sources/justifications of this approach to theology?
----------
Bible scholars compiled the Bible, after having concluded that the books enclosed were reliable. Sola scripture says that one needs to judge other writings/teachings BY THE BIBLE.
Many people write their opinions, but those opinions are not necessarily reliable.
There are many GOOD writings, by reliable Christians...SS does not infer that NO writings are trustworthy...just believes that those writings must agree with "IT IS WRITTEN".
KayMarie
Perfect, Kaye.

#483394 Oct 19, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I immediately clarified that I did think the other Apostles could read and write. But the fact that they didn't, is proof that Jesus Christ never instructed the Apostles to create a Christian Bible. They did a the Lord commanded and set up the hierarchy. And no, Jesus didn't promise that he'd removed sin or sinful impulses of the ordained. He promised that He would be with them til the end of time. This means they do not error when speaking on faith and morals.
"where ever the Bishop appears, there let the people be, as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to Baptize or give Communion with out the consent of the Bishop. Therefore whatever has his approval is pleasing to God, thus will be safe and valid"
Ignatius of Antioch
Pope Francis is the Bishop. Jesus will not allow him to error when teaching on faith and morals.
~~~

YOU WROTE

YOU ARE OF ALL MEN... MOST GULLIBLE....

HERE IS WHAT THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE ABOUT PETER

Gal 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat,(whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me:

===> God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me: <===

Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

NOTE
Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John,-->who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Gal 2:10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.
Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#483395 Oct 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what I find troubling is the Fact that I shouldn't have to defend myself nor my decision regarding marge, from people who claim to be Christian on this forum.
Preston,your Christian love,prayers and friendship along with many other here, Christians and non- Christians,(there are so many I can not name you all,but you know who you are)have had a huge impact on Nick and myself. Knowing you have a strong relationship with people who really do care for you is priceless.In many ways you all have added to our lives and we are forever grateful. We have learned from each and everyone one of you....now for Clay, I have to respond to the not defending ourselves,it is far better to understand and know where the other persons is coming from before putting the effort into a reply.If that persons intentions are bad, then by us replying draws us into that persons sin. So it is far better not to reply. you call it defending, we call it humility...I must admit that I have failed in this department far to many times. But at least I know my short comings and admit them and try to change them....as we are All humans we must each look at ourselves before pointing any fingers. No one is perfect.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#483396 Oct 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God is not the bible alone. Faith comes by hearing and not by reading and making private judgement of the meaning of scripture alone.
You need to read what is said
fact is ..it say exactly opposite from what you have posted..
it says..
2Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Rightly dividing the word of truth,...is
making private judgement of the meaning of scripture alone, by the leadership and guidance of the HOLY GHOST...
JESUS SAID
Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
NOTE
Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS GLORIFY AND SERVE YOUR sin infested
religious institution,
instead of JESUS, AND WORSHIP THE SUPPORTING ACTORS IN THE DRAMA...
PLACING THEM ABOVE... OR UPON THE SAME LEVEL ,,,AS JESUS
Rom_6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey,
his servants ye are to whom ye obey;
whether of sin unto death,
or of obedience unto righteousness?
WHEN YOU god Peter placed MOSES AND ELIJAH UPON THE SAME LEVEL AS JESUS
GOD THE FATHER REBUKED HIM..
Mat 17:4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
Mat 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
Mat 17:6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE NO REVERENCE OF FEAR OF GOD...
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable;
Rom 3:17 And the way of peace have they not known:
Rom 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Again, thanks for your opinion. St. Paul was writing to St. Timothy, an ordained Bishop in the Catholic Church (he wasn't writing to you), and he was referring to the OT, not the NT, as it had yet to be written. Sadly the divisions in protestantism, where competing denominations all say they are led by the Holy Spirit, prove that your opinions are no more authoritative than anyone one else. For the umpteenth time confrint, what is your authority? How can anyone know you speak for God when a competing protestant community down the street who disagrees with you also claims to be led by the Holy Spirit?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) 7 hr Tom Fontaine 42
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon JAXON 10,631
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web