Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,308)

Showing posts 466,141 - 466,160 of532,301
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
The only knowledge that counts, the only theology that is truly Orthodox, is participation in Godís movement in love towards us in creation and
Incarnation by our response of love. Louth
Amen Nick

Have to say I appreciate your teaching .

We As,Christian d have a,history going back to Jesus ...people believing in Him

Your Religion ..from everything I've heard ..as an Institution ..seems to be from th early Chyr h as mentioned cheap as,technology RCC dies.

Those people..disciples who operated outside of Organized Institutions ...also have a,long history ...

His does not take away from Catholics history..it's old ...however exactly to whom ..which person Peter handed his keys to as a Pope .

Well...

Anyway ..we believers,we believers Are grafted into the tree rooted in Abraham ..whose descendants,and nations as numerous,as the stars .

If we profess Jesus as Lord ...moved to do so niche Holy Spirit .

We are as the people He spoke of ...blessed even though we never met Him...about whom He,spoke to Thomas ...by FAITH believing in Him as our Saviour ..

The more I read here and elsewhere ..the more I BELIEVE institutions,

If they follow the great commission ..if eh encourage their members,. Can do great things,...But having a great ...large ..rich Church
Does nOT GIVE US SALVATION..

A man in a cave ...reading a fragment of TRUTH ..who gets on his knees
Paying homage ..asking repentance ..professing Jesus ...

Does not need another ritual to be saved ...That fragment he read ..That word he heard ..That softening in his heart ...did not come to Him accidentally...it was the work of the SPIRIT ..using what was at hand..using a person..the scripture .. maybe someone shared with Him

It's,JESUS who saved us ..he was on that Cross ......
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Catholic double-speak is continuous, dull and really void of any substance. You never answer any question directly, but instead divert and skirt around from answering altogether.
"Thomas" wrote down the teachings of Jesus, and what Jesus described as "God".
Do you believe in Jesus' description of "God"?
It really isn't that hard of a question to answer, considering "Thomas" was an Apostle.
You must be afraid of something, like others who use this same tactic when presented with facts.
Typical Catholic.
You're asking me if I believe in Thomas' writings of Jesus' description of God.

You're asking if I believe the man you believe.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

No man can come to me,.... That is, by faith, as in John 6:35; for otherwise they could corporeally come to him, but not spiritually; because they had neither power nor will of themselves; being dead in trespasses and sins, and impotent to everything that is spiritual: and whilst men are in a state of unregeneracy, blindness, and darkness, they see no need of coming to Christ, nor anything in him worth coming for; they are prejudiced against him, and their hearts are set on other things; and besides, coming to Christ and believing in Christ being the same thing, it is certain faith is not of a man's self, it is the gift of God, and the operation of his Spirit; and therefore efficacious grace must be exerted to enable a soul to come to Christ. Gill

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

who="Liam " <quoted text>
Just pray and be the best wife and Christian you can be. Do not get involved with telling Catholics what our Bible is saying. I know you're a sweet devout person, Kay. But the Bible is a product of the Catholic Church. It was gathered and installed despite the fact that Our Lord never commanded we compile one. Its difficult to see past the propaganda fueled stereotypes about the CC..

----------
Your first line is great...but I hate propaganda, and don't use it.

KayMarie

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
According to what you are saying, Christ is a bigamist!!!!!

----------
And from what do you get such an outrageous idea?

KayMarie
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Richie T wrote:
<quoted text>All bona fide Christians believe this is the Gospel:
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
Dan Doughtery is just another "self-appointed" bible only (so-called expert) "among the other 42,100 bible only contradicting "hack interpreters" that has inundated and polluted his mind, heart and soul (like other fundies have) with anti-catholic hostility, vengeance and vindictiveness, in denial of the TRUTH of TRUE Church History and the TRUE interpretation of the bible.......... For over 2000 years, heretics, bigots, false teachers, counterfeit ministers, hypocrites and self proclaimed bible only mis-leading and deceptive preachers, have come and gone (again for over 2000 years (and will continue to come and go)---------YET---------The One true Apostolic Catholic Church, initiated, formed and established by Jesus Christ "Himself"-----LIVES ON!! Just like Jesus said it would in Matthew 16:13-21 "The gates of hell, shall not prevail against it (HIS Church)!!!!!!!!
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Richie T wrote:
<quoted text>Amen. Like the Pharisees of Jesus' day, the RCC glorifies itself. Daily, they steal His glory and honor and heap it unto themselves.
You know very little about the Roman Catholic Church. Instead of accusing us, ask us. Do you want to tell us what we believe or ask us?

Want to know what Roman Catholic means? Roman is the diocese of Rome. The official name of the Church is Catholic. There are 23 Catholic Churches throughout the world. The Church does not call herself Roman Catholic, unless they are announcing the rite being practiced or the diocese of Rome. The word Roman was first used as a slur by the early protestants. Later protestants convinced themselves that the Whore of Babylon must then be the Roman Catholic Church...Amazing blunder if you ask me.
Indeed today, you can't read one single paragraph from a fundie website without seeing Roman Roman Roman. And they have no clue what the title even means. Even after we tell them what I told you, they say "nope, this is the name of your Church, you worship Mary and the anti Christ pope".
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need to get together with other people and go on a Christianity scavenger hunt. The Apostles already explained those writings that you guys rack your brains over. You can simply read the writings of their Disciples and the early Church, if you really wanna know what Jesus taught. Or just go to the Church that told you about the Bible in the first place. That same Church is still here with the same Eucharist.
Not going on a scavenger hunt Clay. Predestination was brought up in my bible study and I've never really studied it before in depth. I wanted a fellow Christian's opinion, so that is why I asked Preston and not you. Thanks for you thoughts though.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan Doughtery is just another "self-appointed" bible only (so-called expert) "among the other 42,100 bible only contradicting "hack interpreters" that has inundated and polluted his mind, heart and soul (like other fundies have) with anti-catholic hostility, vengeance and vindictiveness, in denial of the TRUTH of TRUE Church History and the TRUE interpretation of the bible.......... For over 2000 years, heretics, bigots, false teachers, counterfeit ministers, hypocrites and self proclaimed bible only mis-leading and deceptive preachers, have come and gone (again for over 2000 years (and will continue to come and go)---------YET---------The One true Apostolic Catholic Church, initiated, formed and established by Jesus Christ "Himself"-----LIVES ON!! Just like Jesus said it would in Matthew 16:13-21 "The gates of hell, shall not prevail against it (HIS Church)!!!!!!!!
An easier answer would be-

No bona fide Christians believe that the writings of Dan Dougherty are canonical.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Richie T wrote:
<quoted text>Billions and billions, huh? Yet, Jesus told His disciples only a few would be saved. Paul stated God has only reserved a remnant that have not bowed their knee to Baal. So, as usual, you are out of step with the teachings of our Lord.
You have "absolutely" no idea as to what you are talking about which is "no surprise" to ANY of us Catholics who know the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible...... You "fundies" just continue to "make it up" as you go along. in order to support your vindictiveness, revenge and hatred for Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His historically and biblically TRUE One True Apostolic Catholic Church..... I'll take my authoritative TRUTH from TRUE interpretation of Sacred Scripture confirmed from the Early Church Fathers who, wrote, interpreted and gave us the bible and re-affirmed (for the next 1700 years) in and through Our Lords One True Catholic Church. Again, you can worship God in "your way"! I/we as Catholics will "continue"to worship God "in HIS way" in and through HIS Catholic Church!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

VVVVV

hojo wrote:

You can "waive your bible" all you want, Confrinting as you (continue) to misquote and misinterpret bible verses to "make them mean" ONLY what YOU want them to mean, but that doesn't change the TRUTH or the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible that was given to you (and everyone else) in 397 AD. by the Early Church Fathers some 1550 years later, while you were still (wetting your diapers).... Self appointed (so-called) bible experts like you, Confrinting, are a (dime-a-dozen) IN FACT, since the Reformation you "fundies" now have over 42,100 (bible experts) who throw out "more whoppers" than Burger King, when it comes to interpreting Sacred Scripture.......... The ONLY thing that you bible only editorialist interpreters can agree upon is attacking, condemning and judging over 2000 years of the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ, His One True Catholic Church and the faith and Salvation of the MAJORITY of other Christians (especially Catholics) who refuse to believe the contradicting and conflicting "hodge-podge" of Protestant Propaganda that you "fundies" are so famous for!!!!!! Thousands and thousands of protestants are "leaving" the mass confusion and contradiction of bible only fundamentalism are converting to the TRUTH of the historical and biblical TRUE faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ, in and through the Catholic Church........ These converts are coming to the TRUTH of the TRUE Catholic Christian faith of the Mass and are leaving the confusion and contradicting to "self-appointed" bible only "bigots" like you, who continue to condemn and judge the personal faith and salvation of ANY and ALL Christians (especially Catholics)!!!! You DO NOT speak for God and NEVER have!!!!

But you do?

Absolutely!!! Through the TRUTH of he TRUE interpretation of the Bible, from the TRUE teachings of Jesus Christ HIMSELF in the Gospels, "in and through" His One True Apostolic Catholic Church!!! The Bride of Christ!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Lying makes baby Jesus cry.
LOLOL

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

HuskerDu wrote:
I am certain that many babies while lying, cry.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

HuskerDu wrote:
Since you couldn't tell me where I could read about Fatima in the Bible, can you point out anyone in scripture who is a child of God that prayed to anyone other than God?
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not going on a scavenger hunt Clay. Predestination was brought up in my bible study and I've never really studied it before in depth. I wanted a fellow Christian's opinion, so that is why I asked Preston and not you. Thanks for you thoughts though.
You are welcome. My parish Priest asked us to get into Bible study groups too; meditate on the Holy Scriptures. It doesn't occur to us to eliminate the Church and form our own however.
I don't knock any of you for being non Catholic. Its only when you use the scriptures against the Church upon which they came..
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Richie T wrote:
<quoted text>Billions and billions, huh? Yet, Jesus told His disciples only a few would be saved. Paul stated God has only reserved a remnant that have not bowed their knee to Baal. So, as usual, you are out of step with the teachings of our Lord.
We as Catholics will let God be the "final judge" as to (our own salvation) and the Salvation of these billions and billions of Catholics, and not some "self-appointed, self-proclaimed bible only fundies" who decides (for himself) as to (who is save and who is not)(who has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and how does not)(who is going to heaven and who is not)------thus "relieving God of "HIS responsibility"!!!! This forum is filled with Protestant "bible only" (final judge)"fundies" among the other 42,100 other self-appointed popes!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ephesians 1:3-6

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love

5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and willó

6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.

Look at verse 3.....'in Christ'

Look at verse 4.....'in Him'

Look at verse 6.....'in the one He loves'....or other translation says 'bestowed on us in the Beloved"

Group of people....Christians.....those who have been 'baptized into His death, burial, and resurrection'

'In Christ,' Christians have been predestined....HOW?

'blessed with spiritual blessings,'

'adopted as God's child,' and,

'and to be holy and blameless before Him.'

But, you have 'free will' to choose to be 'in Christ' or not.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome. My parish Priest asked us to get into Bible study groups too; meditate on the Holy Scriptures. It doesn't occur to us to eliminate the Church and form our own however.
I don't knock any of you for being non Catholic. Its only when you use the scriptures against the Church upon which they came..
I don't use scripture against catholics when it comes to Mary being sinless...there are none.

I don't use scripture against you for infant baptism...there are none.

I don't use scripture against you for praying to Mary and saints...there are none/ no examples of a child of God praying to anyone other than God.

So you see Clay, we don't use scripture against you when it comes to these things...there are none to use.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
a house divided shall not fall.

therefore it is {impossible] to use Holy Scriptures against Gods church, therefore if, and it is, Scripture is used against the rcc, then the rcc is not Gods church.

and furthermore, Holy Scriptures never came from the rcc, THEY CAME FROM GOD.Who has nothing invested in your irreligious system
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't use scripture against catholics when it comes to Mary being sinless...there are none.
I don't use scripture against you for infant baptism...there are none.
I don't use scripture against you for praying to Mary and saints...there are none/ no examples of a child of God praying to anyone other than God.
So you see Clay, we don't use scripture against you when it comes to these things...there are none to use.
We, likewise, don't use scripture against you for "bible alone".... when that's not there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 466,141 - 466,160 of532,301
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 hr Married in 8,118
More Tue Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••