Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,307)

Showing posts 466,121 - 466,140 of529,729
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep-best to face one's fears head-on.
The guy who lamented the riches contained in all the "dsestroyed" documents no one ever saw is the "conspiracy theorist" I'm alluding to.
many important and historical documetns were destroyed by so-called "Christians".

It isn't a "conspiracy theory" when actual proof exists. Please stop trying to mislead others.

"Fr. Bartolomé de las Casas lamented that when found, such books were destroyed: "These books were seen by our clergy, and even I saw part of those that were burned by the monks, apparently because they thought [they] might harm the Indians in matters concerning religion, since at that time they were at the beginning of their conversion." "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_codices

"Emperor Hadrian had built a beautiful temple for the worship of his father Trajan which, on the orders of Emperor Julian, the eunuch Theophilus had made into a library. Jovian, at the urging of his wife, burned the temple with all the books in it with his concubines laughing and setting the fire."
http://bede.org.uk/literature.htm#burning

"We learn from Suetonius that Augustus, as soon as he became High Priest and in charge of such matters, rounded up over 2,000 prophetic books and burnt them. He left only the famous Sibylline books which he locked away in the Temple of Palatine Apollo so that they could only be consulted by those who could be trusted to give an official interpretation."

"Although there is nothing intrinsically unlikely about Pope Gregory continuing the policy of Rome's pagan rulers in destroying these apparently subversive works we have seen the job appears to have been completed already. Some commentators have taken one or the other above passages to mean that the entire Palatine Library was destroyed but this is an interpretation that the sources, even if they are reliable, cannot sustain."

You don't know what you are talking about.

Conspiracy theory??

Only for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever said that Jesus DID claim to be God the Father?
I mean, that's a solution in search of a problem.
there is no one that has claimed that Jesus is God the Father, but you cant tell oxbore that. he doesn't care, he only wishes to argue, as the enigma that he is.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
God knows that my heart is consecrated and committed in the faith and Salvation (each day) to HIM and to Jesus Christ HIS SON!! Thankfully, I don't have to answer to bible only anti-catholic hostile and beligerent "bigots" like you who condemn and pass your (personal opinionated) judgment upon the personal faith and Salvation of other Christians (especially Catholics)...... I/we as Catholics will continue to remain with the 2000 years of the HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL PROVEN and AUTHENTICATED TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, with Daily Mass, the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE body and blood), the TRUE interpretation of the Bible, with the Sacraments and confession. You Richie T---can go argue with your other 42,100 contradicting and inconsistent bible only "buffoons" who don't agree with you either.
Using CAPS is a sign of desperation. Time shall prove you wrong in a very big way. The days are running short before the woes and tribulation Jesus warned us of, take place.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I typically do have a problem with direct answers when no one asks me a question.
Diversion.

Question still stands:

"Where does "God" specifically state which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not?

Considering that men continuously exclaim that the Bible is the only "God breathed" (inspired) texts suitable for use.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
God knows that my heart is consecrated and committed in the faith and Salvation (each day) to HIM and to Jesus Christ HIS SON!! Thankfully, I don't have to answer to bible only anti-catholic hostile and beligerent "bigots" like you who condemn and pass your (personal opinionated) judgment upon the personal faith and Salvation of other Christians (especially Catholics)...... I/we as Catholics will continue to remain with the 2000 years of the HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL PROVEN and AUTHENTICATED TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, with Daily Mass, the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE body and blood), the TRUE interpretation of the Bible, with the Sacraments and confession. You Richie T---can go argue with your other 42,100 contradicting and inconsistent bible only "buffoons" who don't agree with you either.
All bona fide Christians believe this is the Gospel:

www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Richie T wrote:
<quoted text>Amen. The current pope is leading and deceiving the masses into accepting a one-world, global government and religion. The same ones foretold by the prophets of old. The masses do not flock toward true men of God. From the media to non-Christian faiths, all are frothing at the mouth extolling the virtues of Pope Francis. Yet, a man preaching the Gospel on the street corner is considered a lunatic. It is the lowly and foolish God uses to confound those considered wise by the world.
~~~

AMEN,,

Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1Co 1:27 ==> But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: <==

NOTE
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written,

-->He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. <--

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now, NASL. You're asking me if I believe what Thomas wrote about Jesus' description of God.
You're not really very good at spinning this. You rely on the writings of men but want to pretend for some reason you don't. I mean, I figured out a while ago that "Thomas" isn't Jesus' nom de plume. "Thomas" wrote the Gospel of Thomas, not Jesus.
Come clean and admit that you rely on the writings of men just the same as we all do. It has to be burdensome to keep the pretense up for all this time. Let it go.
Your Catholic double-speak is continuous, dull and really void of any substance. You never answer any question directly, but instead divert and skirt around from answering altogether.

"Thomas" wrote down the teachings of Jesus, and what Jesus described as "God".

Do you believe in Jesus' description of "God"?

It really isn't that hard of a question to answer, considering "Thomas" was an Apostle.

You must be afraid of something, like others who use this same tactic when presented with facts.

Typical Catholic.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

The Pillar and Foundation of the Truth (CCC 148-580) Church Fathers

One of the most important – and consequently most attacked – doctrines of the Catholic Church is the doctrine concerning the Church herself. The view that the Church is visible, hierarchical, authoritative and possessed of “all truth” forms a key understanding of all other Catholic doctrines. It is the Church who administers the sacraments, which are the ordinary means of salvation and grace. It is the Church who wrote the Bible and only the Church who can correctly interpret Sacred Scripture.
This article will show how the Catholic apologist can defend the Catholic doctrines and refute (any and all) anti-Catholic views concerning the Church. Note that many of these positions rely on simple, direct logic – a Church which possesses certain characteristics must possess others. Just as a building which possesses a roof must have rooms which possess ceilings, so must a Church which is authoritative be visible, for example.
Did Christ want a Church at all?
Although Saint Paul speaks of the Church as the “pillar and foundation of the truth” in I Timothy 3:15 (a passage which clearly shows that he considered the Church to be massively important) did Jesus want to found a Church? Scripture makes it clear that He did.
In Matthew 16:18-19 Jesus says that He will build His Church – this very clear! Later on, Jesus speaks of the Church again in Matthew 18:17-18. Jesus constantly tells the apostles to go out and spread the Gospel – Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-16 – why would He do this if He did not wish to found some sort of community? This community is called the Church – and these Scriptures prove that Jesus intended to found one. Other Scriptures, logic and common sense will show that Jesus intended to found – and did found – a Church which has all the characteristics of the Catholic Church and is, therefore, the Catholic Church.
The Authoritative Church
One of the major objections to the claims that the Church makes regarding herself is that she alone has authority to interpret God's word in the Bible, and indeed to formally what the Christian religion is when it is revealed to her by the Holy Spirit. Many people who react badly to this are simply having a problem with any form of authority, and consider that there is an invisible church rather than the visible one Christ actually founded.
However, Scripture is clear that the Church has authority – in Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus delegates His power to the apostles. The authority to perform specific acts is given in other passages – John 20:23 (the power to forgive sin), I Corinthians 11:23-24 (the power to offer sacrifice, the Eucharist), Luke 10:16 (the power to speak with Christ's voice), Matthew 18:18 (the power to legislate) and Matthew 18:17 (the power to discipline).
From a perspective of pure common sense and logic, what would be the point of founding a Church (which Christ clearly wanted to do) without giving her authority? If the Church has no power, what what is she? She is simply a collection of believers with no power to enforce laws or discipline those who are dissident – anyone could claim to be a member of her even if they denied all the tenets of her laws and beliefs! Organizations logically require authority over their members and authority to determine what the criteria for membership are; otherwise they are not organizations at all, but simply a label

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you think "conflict" has a different meaning than I do. If the bible said Mary was NOT assumed into heaven, died a natural death, was buried and awaits the second coming like the rest of us and the Catholic Church taught the assumption, THAT would be a conflict. Being assumed into heaven is biblical (Enoch and Elijah).
Please, do go on Kay.i
And how many centuries after that alleged assumption, did it become official canon?
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>No, I never have. I am not a proponent of this doctrine, since it takes away from my concept of "free will" towards Salvation.
when the Bible speaks of "predestination"(IMO ), I am convinced that we are to be predestinated as Jesus Was. one who lives(tries to, anyway) a Holy life, Obedient to the Will of our Holy Father, Willing to be Crucified(die out to self).
However , I do believe that God has and does Choose certain individuals to bring forth His Plan of Salvation.
Mary is a good example of this form of Predestination, tho I believe that if she wasn't willing, God would have lifted up another to take her place, as He did replacing Saul with David.
Good post. Except God being all knowing, already knew Mary would say yes. He never needed another woman waiting in line just in case Mary said no.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You can "waive your bible" all you want, Confrinting as you (continue) to misquote and misinterpret bible verses to "make them mean" ONLY what YOU want them to mean, but that doesn't change the TRUTH or the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible that was given to you (and everyone else) in 397 AD. by the Early Church Fathers some 1550 years later, while you were still (wetting your diapers).... Self appointed (so-called) bible experts like you, Confrinting, are a (dime-a-dozen) IN FACT, since the Reformation you "fundies" now have over 42,100 (bible experts) who throw out "more whoppers" than Burger King, when it comes to interpreting Sacred Scripture.......... The ONLY thing that you bible only editorialist interpreters can agree upon is attacking, condemning and judging over 2000 years of the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ, His One True Catholic Church and the faith and Salvation of the MAJORITY of other Christians (especially Catholics) who refuse to believe the contradicting and conflicting "hodge-podge" of Protestant Propaganda that you "fundies" are so famous for!!!!!! Thousands and thousands of protestants are "leaving" the mass confusion and contradiction of bible only fundamentalism are converting to the TRUTH of the historical and biblical TRUE faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ, in and through the Catholic Church........ These converts are coming to the TRUTH of the TRUE Catholic Christian faith of the Mass and are leaving the confusion and contradicting to "self-appointed" bible only "bigots" like you, who continue to condemn and judge the personal faith and salvation of ANY and ALL Christians (especially Catholics)!!!! You DO NOT speak for God and NEVER have!!!!
But you do?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
many important and historical documetns were destroyed by so-called "Christians".
It isn't a "conspiracy theory" when actual proof exists. Please stop trying to mislead others.
"Fr. Bartolomé de las Casas lamented that when found, such books were destroyed: "These books were seen by our clergy, and even I saw part of those that were burned by the monks, apparently because they thought [they] might harm the Indians in matters concerning religion, since at that time they were at the beginning of their conversion." "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_codices
"Emperor Hadrian had built a beautiful temple for the worship of his father Trajan which, on the orders of Emperor Julian, the eunuch Theophilus had made into a library. Jovian, at the urging of his wife, burned the temple with all the books in it with his concubines laughing and setting the fire."
"We learn from Suetonius that Augustus, as soon as he became High Priest and in charge of such matters, rounded up over 2,000 prophetic books and burnt them. He left only the famous Sibylline books which he locked away in the Temple of Palatine Apollo so that they could only be consulted by those who could be trusted to give an official interpretation."
"Although there is nothing intrinsically unlikely about Pope Gregory continuing the policy of Rome's pagan rulers in destroying these apparently subversive works we have seen the job appears to have been completed already. Some commentators have taken one or the other above passages to mean that the entire Palatine Library was destroyed but this is an interpretation that the sources, even if they are reliable, cannot sustain."
You don't know what you are talking about.
Conspiracy theory??
Only for you.
I never said nothing was ever destroyed.

My point was that if whatever WAS destroyed, then lamenting the contents one never saw is a bit disingenuous.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Richie T wrote:
<quoted text>Using CAPS is a sign of desperation. Time shall prove you wrong in a very big way. The days are running short before the woes and tribulation Jesus warned us of, take place.
You, Richie T can worship God in "your way"!......... I/we as Catholics (and as billions and billions of Catholic have done for over 2000 years)
will continue to worship God "in HIS way, in and through HIS historically and biblically "proven" One True Apostolic Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ)!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
AMEN,,
Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27 ==> But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: <==
NOTE
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written,
-->He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. <--
Amen. Like the Pharisees of Jesus' day, the RCC glorifies itself. Daily, they steal His glory and honor and heap it unto themselves.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>No, I never have. I am not a proponent of this doctrine, since it takes away from my concept of "free will" towards Salvation.
when the Bible speaks of "predestination"(IMO ), I am convinced that we are to be predestinated as Jesus Was. one who lives(tries to, anyway) a Holy life, Obedient to the Will of our Holy Father, Willing to be Crucified(die out to self).
However , I do believe that God has and does Choose certain individuals to bring forth His Plan of Salvation.
Mary is a good example of this form of Predestination, tho I believe that if she wasn't willing, God would have lifted up another to take her place, as He did replacing Saul with David.
~~~

ONE CAN VALIDATE WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED...

FROM THE EXAMPLE OF ESTHER ....IN THE OLD TESTAMENT...

Est 4:13 Then Mordecai commanded to answer Esther, Think not with thyself that thou shalt escape in the king's house, more than all the Jews.

NOTE
Est 4:14 -->For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place;

but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth

whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?<--

Est 4:15 Then Esther bade them return Mordecai this answer,

NOTE
Est 4:16 Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and

if I perish, I perish.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

John 6:44
For no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me, and at the last day I will raise them up.

John 6:65
He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them."

John 6:40
For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
The Pillar and Foundation of the Truth (CCC 148-580) Church Fathers
One of the most important – and consequently most attacked – doctrines of the Catholic Church is the doctrine concerning the Church herself. The view that the Church is visible, hierarchical, authoritative and possessed of “all truth” forms a key understanding of all other Catholic doctrines. It is the Church who administers the sacraments, which are the ordinary means of salvation and grace. It is the Church who wrote the Bible and only the Church who can correctly interpret Sacred Scripture.
This article will show how the Catholic apologist can defend the Catholic doctrines and refute (any and all) anti-Catholic views concerning the Church. Note that many of these positions rely on simple, direct logic – a Church which possesses certain characteristics must possess others. Just as a building which possesses a roof must have rooms which possess ceilings, so must a Church which is authoritative be visible, for example.
Did Christ want a Church at all?
Although Saint Paul speaks of the Church as the “pillar and foundation of the truth” in I Timothy 3:15 (a passage which clearly shows that he considered the Church to be massively important) did Jesus want to found a Church? Scripture makes it clear that He did.
In Matthew 16:18-19 Jesus says that He will build His Church – this very clear! Later on, Jesus speaks of the Church again in Matthew 18:17-18. Jesus constantly tells the apostles to go out and spread the Gospel – Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-16 – why would He do this if He did not wish to found some sort of community? This community is called the Church – and these Scriptures prove that Jesus intended to found one. Other Scriptures, logic and common sense will show that Jesus intended to found – and did found – a Church which has all the characteristics of the Catholic Church and is, therefore, the Catholic Church.
The Authoritative Church
One of the major objections to the claims that the Church makes regarding herself is that she alone has authority to interpret God's word in the Bible, and indeed to formally what the Christian religion is when it is revealed to her by the Holy Spirit. Many people who react badly to this are simply having a problem with any form of authority, and consider that there is an invisible church rather than the visible one Christ actually founded.
However, Scripture is clear that the Church has authority – in Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus delegates His power to the apostles. The authority to perform specific acts is given in other passages – John 20:23 (the power to forgive sin), I Corinthians 11:23-24 (the power to offer sacrifice, the Eucharist), Luke 10:16 (the power to speak with Christ's voice), Matthew 18:18 (the power to legislate) and Matthew 18:17 (the power to discipline).
From a perspective of pure common sense and logic, what would be the point of founding a Church (which Christ clearly wanted to do) without giving her authority? If the Church has no power, what what is she? She is simply a collection of believers with no power to enforce laws or discipline those who are dissident – anyone could claim to be a member of her even if they denied all the tenets of her laws and beliefs! Organizations logically require authority over their members and authority to determine what the criteria for membership are; otherwise they are not organizations at all, but simply a label
–S
Yes, the church is the pillar and foundation of the truth when it is in line with Holy Scripture and guided by the Holy Spirit. The RCC does neither.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Diversion.
Question still stands:
"Where does "God" specifically state which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not?
Considering that men continuously exclaim that the Bible is the only "God breathed" (inspired) texts suitable for use.
Nowhere, of course. He left the Church to compile the canon of scripture.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Richie T wrote:
<quoted text>And how many centuries after that alleged assumption, did it become official canon?
Many years. It's called "development of doctrine".

See the 'Five Solas' for the Protestant version of that concept.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You, Richie T can worship God in "your way"!......... I/we as Catholics (and as billions and billions of Catholic have done for over 2000 years)
will continue to worship God "in HIS way, in and through HIS historically and biblically "proven" One True Apostolic Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ)!!!!!
Billions and billions, huh? Yet, Jesus told His disciples only a few would be saved. Paul stated God has only reserved a remnant that have not bowed their knee to Baal. So, as usual, you are out of step with the teachings of our Lord.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 466,121 - 466,140 of529,729
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••