Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683941 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#483286 Oct 18, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Great comeback, Sport. And now the Festivus wrestling match!!!!
I totally had to think where that word came from. Lol

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#483287 Oct 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Verified by whom? Harold Camping??
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS ARE EVIDENTLY JEALOUS OF HAROLD CAMPING..

BECAUSE HE ALMOST TOOK YOUR LIARS CUB CHAMPION SHIP..

At least he repented and said he was wrong ...YOU JUST KEEP ON LYING

AND NEVER REPENT...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#483288 Oct 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure if the Apostles would have foresaw the chaos that would ensue once their writings were published, they would have took the time to dot every I and cross every T. Imo.
They didn't even know they were writing a Bible. They established a Church like the Lord commanded. Yes they were warned of wolves and strange gospels. But 45,000 tearing apart every little sentence they penned?? No way could they have envisioned such a thing. I've heard people argue about one word in one verse, in one chapter of one book, in one of the Apostles letters. You've got to be out of your mind if you think this is how the Lord willed for truth to be conveyed. Yes we Catholics call the scriptures the word of God, and it definitely is. But every little punctuation mark?? God didn't tell them word for word what to pen. That's why I say, the evangelical approach to scripture is flawed from the get go.
Yes but we,were not discussing punctuation

You cast doubt they even wrote .

But on this I was,honestly trying to show you WHY protestants have trouble with CC Mariology

And contrary to EHAT has been Said of my.posts .

I Saud NOTHING INSULTING ABOUT MARY ..

BLESSED ..HOLY ..SUFFERING AS A,MOTHER ...is NIT an insult to her .
She also acknowledged a SAVIOUR ...

On the other things We Will all know sooner or later .

My comments o you were honest ..She is not mentioned ..And I always,wondered about that after I learned to actually read the bible .

And no lie in that ...

I'm no bigot ..have nothing but admiration for Mary ..

And on the other subject

At every turn one if you brings into doubt if the scriptures are trying WORDS WRITTEN by those who followed Our Lord ..

#483289 Oct 18, 2013
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
Luke was a Greek physician right .
So his,writings,were Greek?
These writings had to be on circulation or copied for he CHURCH to even have them to compile as they were not just sent to one place But all over
I know THRY laughed at the ideas of copies ..But I cannot imagine that if they got an important letter they would nit copy and send to another Church.
The letters Paul and others,had to to be valuable to them especially as they were being persecuted ..they would have made sure these thoughts were preserved ..
It's,not like every gospel..every letter said send to Rome in a hundred
Years ..I've always thought here had to be copies amongst the Churches ..

----------
In recent years people in other countries had had no Bibles, and they longed for them. When they got one, they would tear out pages and share them with everyone else. They memorize portions then traded the one they had with someone else. The Word is precious to them. They walk many miles to attend one worship service...they LOVE THE WORD OF GOD (JESUS).

I'm sure that the early Christians were just as sincere in their search for the Lord...and I'm VERY sure that He did not disappoint them.

Do you love HIM enough to pursue Him...in the Word...not in someone's opinion?

KayMarie

#483290 Oct 18, 2013
But on this I was,honestly trying to show you WHY protestants have trouble with CC Mariology
My comments o you were honest ..She is not mentioned ..And I always,wondered about that after I learned to actually read the bible .
And no lie in that ...
And on the other subject
At every turn one if you brings into doubt if the scriptures are trying WORDS WRITTEN by those who followed Our Lord ..

---------
Roseez...I appreciate your posts. Don't be discouraged by all the flack that you receive...GOD knows the truth about you, and He loves you.

KayMarie

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#483291 Oct 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hearing what?
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Not to defend or offend but when we look at history the written texts were originally oral recitations. There were only a select few that could write or read so the majority of scripture was handed down orally until writing systems came in place. So hearing is where it all starts. Just saying!
truth

Australia

#483292 Oct 18, 2013
lust is lust
plus and plus
lust +lust=is huge lust you are plusich
pljus and spit=Jesus Christ explain

divine warning

In guarden getsemani;'Jesus say ;not to sleep'
sinko get uzmi i mani drpi dr pi
a tako
zaklela se zemlja raju da se tajne morat znaju..

jaaaaaaaaaaaaa
mr and mrs svitnjak and mrs and mr cvrcak

Bog ti prosvitlija pamet sinko.
Sto ce svijet reci kad svitnjak svitli cijelu noc..o yes bez pare i dinara
nema tu nikakve para evil niti molitve u din ichiiii
koga srbi taj se ceshe
ma nemoj
koga srbe dlanovi ocekuje pareeeee
a tako vi ste Dr Pi drpich smrtich zrcich sa ogledalca..you know know pogledaj ovog znalca

a gdje je lupezima dusa
ko pucarika u summer with fluffy fruits 2.5/2.5=5=E2

da vam nesto nezuji u glavi neki sklop
ojli mental document

not thanks
tears
tea.rs

i don't drink tee
noooooooooooooooooooooo
truth

Australia

#483293 Oct 18, 2013
ojli lijo u moj kokosar
od lije se pravi bunda od krzna

ko to bata
oko mojih vrata
ja kume
ja kume
nemoj pokrast
zlatnih pcela
nechu nnechu
nweda dragi bog

e dat ce
govori
koje gardener
kako nebi
sve pcele pocrkale virus..

a tako
kuc kuc kuc
na moja vrata
sto zelite
never trust strange
never choose thief as ranger as protector

-don't be smart alwayes
who is crafty
tko
spletke kuje
kako mujo kuje konja po mjesecu
ma nemoj
Bog nevoli spletkarose
Bog nevoli krive svjedoke
Bog voli one u koga je srce cisto.
Bog je Milosrdje.
Bog je svako dobro.
Bog sve vidi i cuje
i znade zasto je to tako i ono vidiljivo i ono sto je nevidljivo a mnogi misle da se nista nemozete viditi i da se sve moze sakriti.
Takovi koji misle da se sve moze sakriti
govore dokazite=prove.
Jesus Christ prove..o you scribe pharisee this and that with many face ON MANY PLACE WITH MANY DIPLOMA AS WELL GOOD CHAIR.

you are wrong with your corupt prove..

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyy

Location hidden

#483294 Oct 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You, Richie T can worship God in "your way"!......... I/we as Catholics (and as billions and billions of Catholic have done for over 2000 years)
will continue to worship God "in HIS way, in and through HIS historically and biblically "proven" One True Apostolic Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ)!!!!!
Really???

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
marge

Leesburg, GA

#483295 Oct 18, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
Would someone please help me understand "Sola Scriptura"? What are the sources/justifications of this approach to theology?
They point to Jesus and He alone saves.
Are you really itm the girl like ox said?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#483296 Oct 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God is not the bible alone. Faith comes by hearing and not by reading and making private judgement of the meaning of scripture alone.
Ok but I understand you hear from your priests ..I get that .

But all your great Catholics writers, WROTE that's how you know them and quote them ..Anthony .

disciples,wrote the scriptures ..OR like another poster ..they didn't because,Jesus,did not tell tem to write ..??? They could not write???
Can you see what talk like that implies .

Scoring point s,by casting doubt on the scriptures to exalt your Church

That thought was out out tonight ..

Seriously can you see how confusing this,all can be when you say word if mouth is,more important ..how do you know what PETER SAID.

HEATHENS think.the scripture a we know,as the bible
are made up myths ...And this argument gives them fodder .

One man said,something to another as the first pope and it was diligently passed on to the next for 2000 years ???

No writings,involved ..or the,writibgs did not say what happened...
What the apostles themselves preached ???

I'm telling you this,makes us,all seem fools,for putting any veracity into the early Church ..

But you all don't see it ..
truth

Australia

#483297 Oct 18, 2013
civilization before exist much more smart then today
yep
let down where
water w at e r

many diobolic spirit left walking trough desert water mountainst as many incarnator today liked
what

its exist
-very low organization so ow-full horrible
-its exist very high intelligent smart

to ruin every person or every family many organization people nation and so on..

Are you for sure
kapula sa mesom u bureku sa jogurtom is good
or spinach with eggs
or apple with lots of sugar as pita
nemoj pitat=don't asked

Location hidden

#483298 Oct 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
According to what you are saying, Christ is a bigamist!!!!!
----------
And from what do you get such an outrageous idea?
KayMarie
Its called "Bible"....get one....if you need to know what it says...ask your husband..
marge

Leesburg, GA

#483299 Oct 18, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Not to defend or offend but when we look at history the written texts were originally oral recitations. There were only a select few that could write or read so the majority of scripture was handed down orally until writing systems came in place. So hearing is where it all starts. Just saying!
Yes but Faith comes by 'HEARING THE WORD OF GOD',...

so if its not the Word of God then no faith will come.:)

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483300 Oct 18, 2013
who=" Anthony MN" <quoted text>
God's Word is not limited to ink and paper.
----------
Of course God can speak (I've heard Him), but the things we hear must be weighed BY IT IS WRITTEN.
A woman once told me that Jesus came to her room and hung His off-white robe on her bed, and spent time with her.:(
Wouldn't the world and the devil play with THAT 'word'!!!
Better learn to check out what you hear...
KayMarie
In a vision after I was first Saved. I saw my Robe and it was brighter than any cloud and whiter.

certainly not an Off white as she describe.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483301 Oct 18, 2013
And no lie in that ...
And on the other subject
---------
Roseez...I appreciate your posts. Don't be discouraged by all the flack that you receive...GOD knows the truth about you, and He loves you.
KayMarie
Agreed.

Location hidden

#483302 Oct 18, 2013
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
The Apostle's Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
Show me where it says that Christ is God....
----------
I believe in God, the Father Almighty...AND in Jesus Christ, His only Son (offspring of Himself)...
Two other points:
(1)The Creed is not scripture.
(2)The word 'Christ' means His (God's) anointed; not Jesus' last name, but His position.
KayMarie
KayMarie
Your babbling does not show me what I asked: Show me where it says that Christ is God....

Location hidden

#483303 Oct 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the only thing [defective] on this forum is you.but I am glad that you follow the teachings of your god Buddha.
Buddha says "Be an island unto yourself"
Your prating proves my words: Then you have been sold a defective Bible...it contradicts itself...get a refund...
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
marge

Leesburg, GA

#483304 Oct 18, 2013
Therefore faith is from the hearing ear, and the hearing ear is from the word of God.

So faith comes from hearing the message, and the message that is heard is what Christ spoke.

So belief cometh of hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#483305 Oct 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
A few weeks ago you asked for guidance as you (claim) that you were honestly searching for TRUTH!-----And yet,(lately) all you ever post on this forum is just a "trainload" of Protestant bible only "heresy", distorting the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible, twisting the TRUTH of Church History and then adding "your own" anti-catholic "personal (editorialized) opinion" to the whole "nine yards"! Why don't you try reading some accredited Church Historian authors, patristics, medievals, writings from the Early Church Fathers or Apologistic History Writers, of which the "overwheming" agree that Jesus Christ established, built and initiated a (Universal) Church and it was Catholic. This is also the same Church that gave you the Bible in 382,393, and 397 AD and its Canon of Scripture was determined by the Catholic Church. Paul confirms it in I Timothy 3:15, when he calls THE CHURCH,(not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH
I'm trying to make,sense,of things,I've read here,....HOJO .

And,the idea,of a,big temple like,Church passing complete,truth by word of mouth ...as,some of the posts,seem to imply ...makes,less,sense the more I hear .

Sorry ..I know the RCC became,the seat if Christendom ..I know it did many good things,...But putting together the just of only you Catholics,postings,creates,muc h doubt and confusion...

And disillusionment

Do we BELieve the scriptures were even written by the,disciples ??
Was it word of mouth ..how can we,know just what WAS PREACHED ..tradition ..as,some of you seem to claim ...

Can you not see this

I do not think.what the,RCC became in the middle ages was the,Church Christ intended ..
He had nothing to do with Caesar ..your Church has a,whole lot to do with Caesar of its day .And at the very least ..least..he things,that occurred during the time the RCC ..the,Pope ..was,SO POWERFUL ...in God's name..by whoever did them...clergy ..monarchs,...blessed by Romegives,great great doubt as to the institution being the,Church envisioned by Christ ..

And gives,great doubt that it Was the true vessel of Christ .

And if I ask a question. I want an answer ...yes,
You can give it or not.

Doubt my.motives or not ..

I'm very disillusioned that's,my motive ..I proMOTE NO DENOMINATIIN..

THE POSTS,about scripture and your Church are,equally disillusionment .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Tue misleading troller 2
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web