Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,700
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#482992 Oct 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't "reform" anything-they split off (and are still splitting).
Luther was raised up from the ranks of the Roman Catholic church to resuscitate and give a fresh pneuma (breath of the Holy Spirit )
and they did the same as Israel did in the Old Testament...

as Jesus said

Mat 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

Mat 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.

Mat 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482993 Oct 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther was raised up from the ranks of the Roman Catholic church to resuscitate and give a fresh pneuma (breath of the Holy Spirit )
and they did the same as Israel did in the Old Testament...
as Jesus said
Mat 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
Mat 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
Mat 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Which doesn't alter the fact that he didn't reform anything-he led a schism.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#482994 Oct 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to also wave your hand and establish universal literacy, Liam. Please try to think clearly :)
Rose and I have had similar discussions. I think she believes that the Apostles handed out copies of the Bible in their travels.
Yeah lol. It just blows me away sometimes at the forceful ignorance it takes to be a born again fundamental Christian. Their whole Biblical concept is bizarre. You tell them that the Bible wasn't printed until 1452, and they plug their ears. They wanna believe every Christian had a copy on their night stand since the Apostles handed all the books out to the folks...I don't think the laity ever had possession of the scriptures before the protestant revolt. Or not many... The scriptures were in the Churches where Christians read them allowed during the Mass- like we still do today.
Anyway, 45,000 and counting since the books became available to the Chucks and Oldjgs.

#482995 Oct 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Which doesn't alter the fact that he didn't reform anything-he led a schism.
The Roman Catholic refused to reform ...an then GOD RAISED UP A PEOPLE

THAT WOULD LISTEN...

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

~~~

YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS STILL REFUSE AND YOU WILL HAVE HELL TO PAY FOR IT.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482996 Oct 18, 2013
<quoted text>
THAT WOULD LISTEN...
2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
~~~
LOL.

Had your coffee today, I see. Fire and brimstone before the noon hour.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#482997 Oct 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no Catholic Church. There are Catholic church buildings. There is a Catholic denomination...its the largest in the USA.
Christ never built any denomination/s...
I suggest that you send your anti-catholic "editorialized" fictitious "personal opinions" to the National Inquirer. They are always looking for opinionated "trash" material such as yours, in order to fill up empty space in the back section of there newspaper. The National Inquire relies upon "made up","invented" and fictitious stories, such as yours, that exactly (fit right in) with the rest of your 42,100 contradicting and conflicting Protestant bible only myths and legends, that you "fundies" are so famous for!!!!

#482998 Oct 18, 2013
<quoted text>
THAT WOULD LISTEN...
~~~
~~~

Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
Pro 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

Pro 1:27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

Pro 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

Pro 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

Pro 1:30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
Pro 1:31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

Pro 1:32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

Pro 1:33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#482999 Oct 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 3:13 Then Moses said to God,“If I come to the people of Israel and say to them,‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me,‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses,“I am who I am.” And he said,“Say this to the people of Israel,‘I am has sent me to you.’”
John8:57 So the Jews said to him,“You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them,“Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” 59 So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.
**Does Jesus say the words "I am God" no but if we read the passages it is clear who Jesus says He is...He is God
I agree and since Jesus is the Word, that was Him [speaking] out of that burning Bush

#483000 Oct 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
Pro 1:27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Pro 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
Pro 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
Pro 1:31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
Pro 1:32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
Pro 1:33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
~~~

Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law/WORD of the LORD; and in his law/WORD doth he meditate day and night.

Psa 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Psa 1:4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Psa 1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

Psa 1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483001 Oct 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure where he is going with this. Obviously he debates about God's Word but then denies Jesus is God. Two religions come to mind who deny Jesus is God but not sure what church Ox belongs to.
he supposedly is a SBC. however his main argument is that the Bible doesn't say that Jesus is God, the Father.

that is it, and he, for that reason has argued with any person that he talks to on this forum
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#483002 Oct 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>he supposedly is a SBC. however his main argument is that the Bible doesn't say that Jesus is God, the Father.
that is it, and he, for that reason has argued with any person that he talks to on this forum
Preston...let me pick your brain. Last week during men's Bible study, predestination came up. What are your thoughts? Ever preach on it?

#483003 Oct 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree and since Jesus is the Word, that was Him [speaking] out of that burning Bush
THE WORDS OF STEPHEN VERIFIES YOUR POST,...IN HIS MESSAGE

IN

Act 7:30 And when forty years were expired, there appeared to him in the wilderness of mount Sina an angel of the Lord in a flame of fire in a bush.

Act 7:31 When Moses saw it, he wondered at the sight: and as he drew near to behold it, the voice of the Lord came unto him,

Act 7:32 Saying, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Then Moses trembled, and durst not behold.

Act 7:33 Then said the Lord to him, Put off thy shoes from thy feet: for the place where thou standest is holy ground.

Act 7:34 I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt.

Act 7:35 This Moses whom they refused, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge? the same did God send to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the angel which appeared to him in the bush.

Act 7:36 He brought them out, after that he had shewed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red sea, and in the wilderness forty years.

Act 7:37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

NOTE
Act 7:38 ==>This is he/JESUS, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Act 7:39 To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt,

Act 7:40 Saying unto Aaron, Make us gods to go before us: for as for this Moses, which brought us out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

Act 7:41 And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifice unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands.

Act 7:42 Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets,
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#483004 Oct 18, 2013
who=" Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Who in protestantism has the authority to declare which teachings conflict with the bible? Anyone who picks up a KJV?
----------
I am not a KJV Onliest...I have several translations, including a Catholic one.
I've never seen the ascension of Mary or her immaculate conception in any of them...including the Catholic one.
Shall I go on...?
KayMarie
Maybe you think "conflict" has a different meaning than I do. If the bible said Mary was NOT assumed into heaven, died a natural death, was buried and awaits the second coming like the rest of us and the Catholic Church taught the assumption, THAT would be a conflict. Being assumed into heaven is biblical (Enoch and Elijah).

Please, do go on Kay.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#483005 Oct 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>he supposedly is a SBC. however his main argument is that the Bible doesn't say that Jesus is God, the Father.
Who ever said that Jesus DID claim to be God the Father?
I mean, that's a solution in search of a problem.

#483006 Oct 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that you send your anti-catholic "editorialized" fictitious "personal opinions" to the National Inquirer. They are always looking for opinionated "trash" material such as yours, in order to fill up empty space in the back section of there newspaper. The National Inquire relies upon "made up","invented" and fictitious stories, such as yours, that exactly (fit right in) with the rest of your 42,100 contradicting and conflicting Protestant bible only myths and legends, that you "fundies" are so famous for!!!!
~~~
YOU WROTE

I suggest that you send your anti-catholic "editorialized" fictitious "personal opinions" to the National Inquirer.

I AM NOT SENT (AT PRESENT) TO THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER...

I AM CASTING MY PEARLS AT PRESENT BEFORE THE HEATHENS/GENTILES HERE IN THIS FORUM..

1Co 9:10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes?

For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should

plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of

his hope.

THE SEED MUST BE PLANTED ...AMONG THE UNBELIEVERS HERE

Joh 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Joh 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

Joh 4:36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.

Joh 4:37 And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#483007 Oct 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, maybe he will keep searching for the truth
Good to see you still on this forum "LTM." Have had 2 accounts banned on the Christian Forum, so I'll keep re-inventing myself.(Dan D.)

www.scribd.com/doc/3132017 ...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#483008 Oct 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You can "waive your bible" all you want, Confrinting as you (continue) to misquote and misinterpret bible verses to "make them mean" ONLY what YOU want them to mean, but that doesn't change the TRUTH or the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible that was given to you (and everyone else) in 397 AD. by the Early Church Fathers some 1550 years later, while you were still (wetting your diapers).... Self appointed (so-called) bible experts like you, Confrinting, are a (dime-a-dozen) IN FACT, since the Reformation you "fundies" now have over 42,100 (bible experts) who throw out "more whoppers" than Burger King, when it comes to interpreting Sacred Scripture.......... The ONLY thing that you bible only editorialist interpreters can agree upon is attacking, condemning and judging over 2000 years of the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ, His One True Catholic Church and the faith and Salvation of the MAJORITY of other Christians (especially Catholics) who refuse to believe the contradicting and conflicting "hodge-podge" of Protestant Propaganda that you "fundies" are so famous for!!!!!! Thousands and thousands of protestants are "leaving" the mass confusion and contradiction of bible only fundamentalism are converting to the TRUTH of the historical and biblical TRUE faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ, in and through the Catholic Church........ These converts are coming to the TRUTH of the TRUE Catholic Christian faith of the Mass and are leaving the confusion and contradicting to "self-appointed" bible only "bigots" like you, who continue to condemn and judge the personal faith and salvation of ANY and ALL Christians (especially Catholics)!!!! You DO NOT speak for God and NEVER have!!!!

#483009 Oct 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever said that Jesus DID claim to be God the Father?
I mean, that's a solution in search of a problem.
Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?

he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?

the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Location hidden

#483010 Oct 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread, you should get on your knees and ask for forgiveness, every time you post such lies, Jesus never started nor would he givew His blessing to such a evil institution Hojo, its author is satan he is the god you serve in this church. the Pope is indeed the leader of this earthly church, Jesus said His Kingdom is not of this world, Jesus never came preaching a denomination or a religious doctor .
Jesus came preaching the kingdom of God.
You silly man, you can,t understand spiritual things because you are spiritual dead.
Jesus 3 :3 Jesus said you must be born again, to enter the kingdom of God , you are not born again.
your in a church filled with dead man bones, its a tomb.
you belong to nothing to a religious pagan sect.
"WANTING TO BE LIKE GOD''OH HOW YOU HAVE FALLEN LUCIFER"
THEY ALL BECAME FOOLS.
Amen. The current pope is leading and deceiving the masses into accepting a one-world, global government and religion. The same ones foretold by the prophets of old. The masses do not flock toward true men of God. From the media to non-Christian faiths, all are frothing at the mouth extolling the virtues of Pope Francis. Yet, a man preaching the Gospel on the street corner is considered a lunatic. It is the lowly and foolish God uses to confound those considered wise by the world.

Location hidden

#483011 Oct 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, Hojo provides at least 10 citations from Scripture to support his point, and you reply with a mangling of an Alexander Pope quotation.
Point to Hojo here.
Are these not the basic principles of salvation?

www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope Francis under ISIS threat 14 hr Joe W 1
Transgender man: I met with Pope Francis Fri TerryE 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jan 28 Married in 8,881
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight Jan 26 SpaceBlues 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
More from around the web