Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,510
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Liam

Chicago, IL

#482982 Oct 18, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Cly, San Francisco? You finally made it home with the rest of the sodomite perverts. Good for you and us.
You said, quote, "Just pray and be the best wife and Christian you can be. Do not get involved with telling Catholics what our Bible is saying." End quote.
Your Bible. You have lost your mind. How many Roman Catholics wrote a single word in the Bible? Come on Cly, you can do it can't you? Can you finally answer a question or will you deflect again and go out with your boyfriend to ignore it.
You said, quote, "But the Bible is a product of the Catholic Church." End quote.
You are so stupid you make an idiot look like a genius. The Bible is a product of the Jews. Every author of the Bible was Jewish less one, Luke. Luke was a gentile physician. Try knowing the facts before you open your big mouth and insert both feet.
You have two posts: Its either a plagiarized copy of some slandered cult pamphlet or like the one above.
Do you know what the Bible is? Its not one Book. Its a collection of Books. The official Jewish canon came after Christianity began. Around the time of the Apostles, different Jewish sects recognized different sets of scriptures. This is just another fact that destroys your radical fanatical bigoted religion you masquerade as Christianity.
The Christian canon was compiled by the Catholic Church, oldgee. It didn't pop out of the sky so you guys can worship it in 2013.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482983 Oct 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Apostle's Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
Show me where it says that Christ is God....
Exodus 3:13 Then Moses said to God,“If I come to the people of Israel and say to them,‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me,‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses,“I am who I am.” And he said,“Say this to the people of Israel,‘I am has sent me to you.’”

John8:57 So the Jews said to him,“You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them,“Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” 59 So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

**Does Jesus say the words "I am God" no but if we read the passages it is clear who Jesus says He is...He is God
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482984 Oct 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 3:13 Then Moses said to God,“If I come to the people of Israel and say to them,‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me,‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses,“I am who I am.” And he said,“Say this to the people of Israel,‘I am has sent me to you.’”
John8:57 So the Jews said to him,“You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them,“Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” 59 So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.
**Does Jesus say the words "I am God" no but if we read the passages it is clear who Jesus says He is...He is God
GM Chuck-

Where is Ox going with this?

Is he arguing against the triune Godhead, or what?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#482985 Oct 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam
It's,statements like that which make people think the bible was,cooked up in a,basement
It's,the WORD OF GOD ..put down by His,disciples ...or the RCC made it up and its your word .....which is it ??
They way you all discuss it it's either NOT SUFFICIENT....or you guys,
Made it up ..
The Early Church put the scriptures together ..put into books as,we know it ...once the WORD got away into Common language Liam ..it became a force ...for THE WORLD TO KNOW,God .it cannot or SHOULD NOT BE PUT BACK IN THE BASEMENT owned by your Church ...
Did God use the,EARLY CHURCH ..YES ..BUT HE MOST CERTAINLY USED THOSE WHO BELIEVE HIS,WORD AND SprEAD IT......as,believers were told to .
What do you want me to do, be like the fundamental Christian and pretend the Bible just appeared out of nowhere and the Apostles handed it out to everyone and said, "this is the word of God; the Holy Spirit will let y'all figure it all out"?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482987 Oct 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
GM Chuck-
Where is Ox going with this?
Is he arguing against the triune Godhead, or what?
Not sure where he is going with this. Obviously he debates about God's Word but then denies Jesus is God. Two religions come to mind who deny Jesus is God but not sure what church Ox belongs to.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482988 Oct 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you want me to do, be like the fundamental Christian and pretend the Bible just appeared out of nowhere and the Apostles handed it out to everyone and said, "this is the word of God; the Holy Spirit will let y'all figure it all out"?
You forgot to also wave your hand and establish universal literacy, Liam. Please try to think clearly :)

Rose and I have had similar discussions. I think she believes that the Apostles handed out copies of the Bible in their travels.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#482989 Oct 18, 2013
OX,

"If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father."

Believe the works......which Jesus has done....

AND,

you may KNOW and UNDERSTAND....WHAT????

***that the FATHER IS in ME, AND I IN the FATHER....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#482990 Oct 18, 2013
NO where in the text of the above scripture..... does Jesus DENY or CORRECT the Jews impression that Jesus was God.
truth

Perth, Australia

#482991 Oct 18, 2013
i speak today today with one lady
simple i asked candle where is place with shelf which usual stay..jee i speak..
but its start revil
as jesus in kana do

pray..not to much stay near person you can see
o no no
its clear shoving ..

now pray
for poor sinners conversion
'they pears my hands and my feet they have numbered all my bones'

i been there
INRI
i touch that cross with tears body lag hands and minds..
o universal pain
give Mercy for poor sinners

-there is a no law
there is a no Mercy
there is a suffering

if you suffer
represent your suffering on INRI
don't fill sorry
i am still alive

INRI
yep
many mothers can go now on Cross

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#482992 Oct 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't "reform" anything-they split off (and are still splitting).
Luther was raised up from the ranks of the Roman Catholic church to resuscitate and give a fresh pneuma (breath of the Holy Spirit )
and they did the same as Israel did in the Old Testament...

as Jesus said

Mat 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

Mat 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.

Mat 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482993 Oct 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther was raised up from the ranks of the Roman Catholic church to resuscitate and give a fresh pneuma (breath of the Holy Spirit )
and they did the same as Israel did in the Old Testament...
as Jesus said
Mat 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
Mat 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
Mat 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Which doesn't alter the fact that he didn't reform anything-he led a schism.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#482994 Oct 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to also wave your hand and establish universal literacy, Liam. Please try to think clearly :)
Rose and I have had similar discussions. I think she believes that the Apostles handed out copies of the Bible in their travels.
Yeah lol. It just blows me away sometimes at the forceful ignorance it takes to be a born again fundamental Christian. Their whole Biblical concept is bizarre. You tell them that the Bible wasn't printed until 1452, and they plug their ears. They wanna believe every Christian had a copy on their night stand since the Apostles handed all the books out to the folks...I don't think the laity ever had possession of the scriptures before the protestant revolt. Or not many... The scriptures were in the Churches where Christians read them allowed during the Mass- like we still do today.
Anyway, 45,000 and counting since the books became available to the Chucks and Oldjgs.

#482995 Oct 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Which doesn't alter the fact that he didn't reform anything-he led a schism.
The Roman Catholic refused to reform ...an then GOD RAISED UP A PEOPLE

THAT WOULD LISTEN...

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

~~~

YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS STILL REFUSE AND YOU WILL HAVE HELL TO PAY FOR IT.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482996 Oct 18, 2013
<quoted text>
THAT WOULD LISTEN...
2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
~~~
LOL.

Had your coffee today, I see. Fire and brimstone before the noon hour.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#482997 Oct 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no Catholic Church. There are Catholic church buildings. There is a Catholic denomination...its the largest in the USA.
Christ never built any denomination/s...
I suggest that you send your anti-catholic "editorialized" fictitious "personal opinions" to the National Inquirer. They are always looking for opinionated "trash" material such as yours, in order to fill up empty space in the back section of there newspaper. The National Inquire relies upon "made up","invented" and fictitious stories, such as yours, that exactly (fit right in) with the rest of your 42,100 contradicting and conflicting Protestant bible only myths and legends, that you "fundies" are so famous for!!!!

#482998 Oct 18, 2013
<quoted text>
THAT WOULD LISTEN...
~~~
~~~

Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
Pro 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

Pro 1:27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

Pro 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

Pro 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

Pro 1:30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
Pro 1:31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

Pro 1:32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

Pro 1:33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#482999 Oct 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and since Jesus is the Word, that was Him [speaking] out of that burning Bush

#483000 Oct 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
Pro 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
Pro 1:27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Pro 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
Pro 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
Pro 1:30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
Pro 1:31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
Pro 1:32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
Pro 1:33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
~~~

Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law/WORD of the LORD; and in his law/WORD doth he meditate day and night.

Psa 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Psa 1:4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Psa 1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

Psa 1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483001 Oct 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure where he is going with this. Obviously he debates about God's Word but then denies Jesus is God. Two religions come to mind who deny Jesus is God but not sure what church Ox belongs to.
he supposedly is a SBC. however his main argument is that the Bible doesn't say that Jesus is God, the Father.

that is it, and he, for that reason has argued with any person that he talks to on this forum
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#483002 Oct 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>he supposedly is a SBC. however his main argument is that the Bible doesn't say that Jesus is God, the Father.
that is it, and he, for that reason has argued with any person that he talks to on this forum
Preston...let me pick your brain. Last week during men's Bible study, predestination came up. What are your thoughts? Ever preach on it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Gee-Tee 8,721
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 23 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web