Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688609 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#483269 Oct 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Anthony
YOU WROTE
you're comparison doesn't hold water.
____
Vessels hold water .... comparisons don't ....
some vessels sit in/on the water..
but adding to God's word and creating a myth is a lie against God.
Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Rev_21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and
--> all liars,<===
shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
God's Word is not limited to ink and paper.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#483270 Oct 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It would help your cause if your limited your teachings to what can be verified in the Bible.
From the outside it looks like you have been prevailed upon.
Verified by you?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#483271 Oct 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God is not the bible alone. Faith comes by hearing and not by reading and making private judgement of the meaning of scripture alone.
Anthony,

Faith comes by hearing <<<<<ONLY> >>>> the Word of God.

Hearing the opinions of man will ~~~NOT~~~ produce faith.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#483272 Oct 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony,

The Bible is indeed sufficient for the spiritual needs of man.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#483273 Oct 18, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>It's open for interpretation but I see your point. I don't think he meant for man to worship his image though. And remember, these were his disciples. The ones he felt that he could trust among the other people around. Of course some things may have been revealed to them and not others, including the Pharisees and gentiles (non-Jews). The disciples did not worship the image of Jesus. The revered him as one who was sent by the Father, of which Jesus had spoken. An example would be when they asked Jesus, "how should we pray to God". The disciples worshipped the God of Jesus and not Jesus himself, am I right or wrong?! It was Saul along with the Holy Roman Empire that taught to worship Jesus and his image. Am I right or wrong?!?
I will have to look further into Saul starting worship of His image.I agree the apostles did not worship Him.The apostles did not really know Who He was and what that meant. Peter says "You are the Son of God, The Messiah" but then denies Him doubts the resurrection. Great post. Thanks
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#483274 Oct 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not have much of a high opinion of the CHURCH of His,day ..the TEMPLE ..THE HIGH PRIEST enmeshed in politics .
EVEN if He had wanted a Religious,CHURCH..why WOUKD the successors to Peter . Establish a Church that had a,High Priest enmeshed in politics .
It does not make,senses.
The Early Church was established in different places .....
By disciples ..telling of Jesus ....baptizing as,Jesus,said
Writing to each other .to give encouragement .
At some way down this,road ..it became an institution ..
Was THIS what Jesus told them to do ??
AT SOME POINT they deviated
A few weeks ago you asked for guidance as you (claim) that you were honestly searching for TRUTH!-----And yet,(lately) all you ever post on this forum is just a "trainload" of Protestant bible only "heresy", distorting the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible, twisting the TRUTH of Church History and then adding "your own" anti-catholic "personal (editorialized) opinion" to the whole "nine yards"! Why don't you try reading some accredited Church Historian authors, patristics, medievals, writings from the Early Church Fathers or Apologistic History Writers, of which the "overwheming" agree that Jesus Christ established, built and initiated a (Universal) Church and it was Catholic. This is also the same Church that gave you the Bible in 382,393, and 397 AD and its Canon of Scripture was determined by the Catholic Church. Paul confirms it in I Timothy 3:15, when he calls THE CHURCH,(not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#483275 Oct 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
would someone be crusin for a brusin:)
LOL Hi Marge
truth

Australia

#483276 Oct 18, 2013
How man become good hero fight against widows and mothers?
Do you defending motherboard..did you bless every mother womb?
Are you fill sorrow with every widow?

I told you every spirit is not holy!

Every breath is not some
as you see fog overnight stay in morning over wheat field brought disses.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#483277 Oct 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony,
The Bible is indeed sufficient for the spiritual needs of man.
Anthony,

Romans 15:4

4 For everything that was WRITTEN in the past was WRITTEN to teach us, so that through the endurance TAUGHT in the Scriptures and the encouragement <<<<<they provide we might have HOPE.>>>>>

Paul is saying...the WRITTEN scriptures are given to us for WHAT???

HOPE for salvation.

If the written scriptures were not sufficient to provide for salvation,~~~~~how could the written scriptures provide hope?~~~~~

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#483278 Oct 18, 2013
who=" Anthony MN" <quoted text>

----------
Of course God can speak (I've heard Him), but the things we hear must be weighed BY IT IS WRITTEN.

A woman once told me that Jesus came to her room and hung His off-white robe on her bed, and spent time with her.:(

Wouldn't the world and the devil play with THAT 'word'!!!

Better learn to check out what you hear...

KayMarie
truth

Australia

#483279 Oct 18, 2013
breath

every spirit is not holy no..
be bless womb from every mother
Are you attacking mothers widows?

Fog are very bad breath as very bad spirit or wicket person.

commandments is
-not to wish others very bad things
-think about your trespasses
-don't remove ancient borders
Liam

Detroit, MI

#483280 Oct 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It would help your cause if your limited your teachings to what can be verified in the Bible.
From the outside it looks like you have been prevailed upon.
Verified by whom? Harold Camping??
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#483281 Oct 18, 2013
Would someone please help me understand "Sola Scriptura"? What are the sources/justifications of this approach to theology?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#483282 Oct 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
Well then no monk.in the basement
Somehow,despite their humble origins,...And,NIT BEING TOLD TO WRITE ...they did ...
Leading of the,HOLY Spirit ..perhaps???
Thanks,..your post is,reassuring
----------
Luke made great effort to put the testimony of witnesses (those who were there, and saw what happened) for Theophilus, who apparently was a man of importance. Luke wrote the gospel to this man. Later he also wrote the book of Acts and directed it to this same man.(First chapters of Luke and Acts give this account.)
KayMarie
Luke was a Greek physician right .

So his,writings,were Greek?

These writings had to be on circulation or copied for he CHURCH to even have them to compile as they were not just sent to one place But all over

I know THRY laughed at the ideas of copies ..But I cannot imagine that if they got an important letter they would nit copy and send to another Church.
The letters Paul and others,had to to be valuable to them especially as they were being persecuted ..they would have made sure these thoughts were preserved ..

It's,not like every gospel..every letter said send to Rome in a hundred
Years ..I've always thought here had to be copies amongst the Churches ..
truth

Australia

#483283 Oct 18, 2013
look as divine warning
thinkers and rich

rich usually looking not work hard not much pay
its look with lots of smart fun as crazy and lazy life ..godly..

How many gods you have..how many masters how many Lords?

it is written
what so ever you have you can lose on the end..

i cvrchi cvrcak
na cvoru
crne smrche

tiny animals as insect during hot summer on green tree not to much eat no not to much worried..no
yep as spy as you know rich people don't liked pay better invented crazy and lazy and easy way..

svitnjak..is small animals as insect on edge body have light during nigh time on hot weather..yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeee

see = sum.mary..

n

#483284 Oct 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

God's word is limited to what he has actually spoken forth..

all else is lies fables and myths...

GOD'S WORD IS CONSISTENT FROM GENESIS VERSE 1...THROUGH REVELATION CHAPTER 22:20...

Num_23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent:

hath he said, and shall he not do it? or

hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

1Sa_15:29 And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent.

GOD SAID IN
Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

WHAT IS ACCOMPLISHED IN PROPAGATING A LIE ABOUT MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS

CLAIMING

IMMACULATE CONCEPTION ...

HOLLY ASSUMPTION ...

WHICH CANNOT BE FOUND IN THE BIBLE..

PERPETUAL VIRGINITY...
truth

Australia

#483285 Oct 18, 2013
its not good be smart ahaaaa
better sit in last chair
its easy happen someone can say
better go back someone who is with honor and wealth deserve that chair..

Is that chair reserve for God?

Its exist very crafty people who is smart and always watching carefully chance even you don't realize who how when where?!

Are you for sure you are smart?

It is written who can sustain!!!

it is written
on the end you can lose everything
what so ever have..

it is written
small things can make you happy
small things can be worthy then entire world

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#483286 Oct 18, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Great comeback, Sport. And now the Festivus wrestling match!!!!
I totally had to think where that word came from. Lol

#483287 Oct 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Verified by whom? Harold Camping??
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS ARE EVIDENTLY JEALOUS OF HAROLD CAMPING..

BECAUSE HE ALMOST TOOK YOUR LIARS CUB CHAMPION SHIP..

At least he repented and said he was wrong ...YOU JUST KEEP ON LYING

AND NEVER REPENT...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#483288 Oct 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure if the Apostles would have foresaw the chaos that would ensue once their writings were published, they would have took the time to dot every I and cross every T. Imo.
They didn't even know they were writing a Bible. They established a Church like the Lord commanded. Yes they were warned of wolves and strange gospels. But 45,000 tearing apart every little sentence they penned?? No way could they have envisioned such a thing. I've heard people argue about one word in one verse, in one chapter of one book, in one of the Apostles letters. You've got to be out of your mind if you think this is how the Lord willed for truth to be conveyed. Yes we Catholics call the scriptures the word of God, and it definitely is. But every little punctuation mark?? God didn't tell them word for word what to pen. That's why I say, the evangelical approach to scripture is flawed from the get go.
Yes but we,were not discussing punctuation

You cast doubt they even wrote .

But on this I was,honestly trying to show you WHY protestants have trouble with CC Mariology

And contrary to EHAT has been Said of my.posts .

I Saud NOTHING INSULTING ABOUT MARY ..

BLESSED ..HOLY ..SUFFERING AS A,MOTHER ...is NIT an insult to her .
She also acknowledged a SAVIOUR ...

On the other things We Will all know sooner or later .

My comments o you were honest ..She is not mentioned ..And I always,wondered about that after I learned to actually read the bible .

And no lie in that ...

I'm no bigot ..have nothing but admiration for Mary ..

And on the other subject

At every turn one if you brings into doubt if the scriptures are trying WORDS WRITTEN by those who followed Our Lord ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web