Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599892 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Regina

Toms River, NJ

#482834 Oct 17, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Some pay tuition. Some don't.
We tithe to our church and other charities, as well as donating our time and our talents to the parish. We never paid tuition for our children to attend parochial school.
Would you mind repeating that?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#482835 Oct 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know,you guys,won t believe this,.
Wen my daughter was,in high school ..She was,in ,chrisianschool
Ten parents,had a,lo if say.
Get caught with drugs,OUT .
anyway ..two main Catholic Hugh Schools ..different parts,if toWN
The,BIGGEST PARTY SCHOOL was,the CATHOLUC SCHOOL in the, richest part of town ...
The public schools not great either. But this school had the worst rep .
The other Catholic High School never heard a bad thing ..it was,on the
More middle class side ...
Bottom line: the worst Catholic High school is a allot better than any Public school..
That's a fact. As a devout Catholic, I just expect allot more out of our school system. It comes down to how society measures success.. The public school system thinks of success as more of earthly achievements. The Catholic school system SHOULD measure success by the number of Saints they send to Heaven. I just don't see that from some of the popular Catholic Schools in the twin cities.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482838 Oct 17, 2013
who="HuskerDu"
Q: Where is the Hail Mary in the Bible?
A: The Hail Mary is broken up into two parts: 1. Who Mary is. 2. Our prayer to Mary. The first half of the Hail Mary (rows 1-5) is contained in Luke 1. The second half (rows 5-6) come from Luke 1, James 5 and various other Biblical texts. Below the Hail Mary is examined line by line:
The Prayer (line by line)
Where it is in the Bible?
Explanation
Hail Mary, full of Grace
Luke 1:28 (Hail, full of Grace)
The Angel Gabriel greets Mary with very respectful greeting used for royalty. The text doesn’t say “Mary” after Hail but it is implied. Gabriel then proclaims Mary full of Grace (full of God’s own life and love)
The Lord is with you
Luke 1:28 (The Lord is with you)
This is word for word. The Angel Gabriel said that the Lord is with Mary; she is full of his Grace, his own life.
Blessed are you among women
Luke 1:41 (Blessed are you among women)
Elizabeth is filled with the Holy Spirit; she is inspired by the 3rd person of the Blessed Trinity to proclaim that Mary is the most blessed among all women.
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Luke 1:42 (and blessed is the fruit of your womb)
Elizabeth still inspired by the Holy Spirit proclaims that the fruit of Mary’s womb, the developing Jesus, is blessed. The text doesn’t say “Jesus” after womb, but it is implied, the fruit of her womb is Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Luke 1:43 (And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?)
Mary is full of God’s grace; this would make her holy. Mary is the mother of the Lord Jesus Christ who is the 2nd person of the Holy Trinity. Since Jesus is God this makes her the mother of God. She is the mother of the God-Man Jesus, not the mother of the Trinity.
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death
James 5:16 (Therefore confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effects)
St. James tells Christians to pray for one another. All the baptized are members of the body of Christ (1Cor 12:12-14), therefore it is right to pray for other members of the body. James goes on to say that the prayers of the righteous have great power. What human (other then Jesus) is more righteous then the Blessed Mother. Though she is in heaven she still hears the prayers of her children on Earth and intercedes for them.

----------
Elizabeth received the Holy Ghost, and prophesied. Her husband received the Holy Ghost, and prophesied. On the day of Pentecost over 120 people (Apostles, Mary and other women) received the Holy Ghost with power, and prophesied, and spoke in tongues.

ALL of Jesus body (the church) can receive that same power; they can prophesy, perform miracles, etc.

KayMarie

#482840 Oct 17, 2013
who="HuskerDu" <quoted text>

----------
Jesus' disciples (students) became Apostles (graduates) and the Church of Jesus Christ is founded upon the message of Jesus, which He taught to them. Yes, it is Apostolic...but not Catholic.

KayMarie

#482841 Oct 17, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line: the worst Catholic High school is a allot better than any Public school..
That's a fact. As a devout Catholic, I just expect allot more out of our school system. It comes down to how society measures success.. The public school system thinks of success as more of earthly achievements. The Catholic school system SHOULD measure success by the number of Saints they send to Heaven. I just don't see that from some of the popular Catholic Schools in the twin cities.
~~~
AS USUAL WHEN YOU CATHOLICS CANT DENY A SCRIPTURE

YOU CHANGE THE SUBJECT..

THE APOSTLES WERE NOT UNIVERSAL CHRISTIANS NEITHER WAS JESUS

JESUS CAME TO THE JEWS FIRST..

Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

MARY WAS NOT A GENTILE,,,

HEATHENS/GENTILES WERE ONLY SAVED AFTER JESUS SHED HIS BLOOD ON CALVARY...

THE GENTILE CHURCH DID NOT EXIST BEFORE JESUS DIED..

BEFORE THAT WE WERE CONSIDERED DOGS.

IN CHAPTER 15 OF MATHEW

NOTE WHAT THE DISCIPLES AND JESUS SAID TO THE GENTILE WOMAN..

IN
Mat 15:21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.

Mat 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Mat 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Mat 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

Mat 15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Mat 15:28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

YET THE DOGS/GENTILES CLAIM THAT PETER STARTED THEIR CHURCH IN CHAPTER

16 SOMETHING IS TERRIBLY WITH THIS PICTURE...

peter was A JEW

Mat_7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Mat_15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

Mat_15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
marge

Ames, IA

#482842 Oct 17, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I could vent a whole lot about the Catholic school system here in the twin cities. I'm not happy about it. In my opinion, they need Pope Francis to come here and wake em up. Hill-Murray, Cretin, St. Thomas Academy... Its all about academics and creating the financially successful student. That's why many of the students are there. The folks have the money and desire for their kids to be financially successful too.
I went to a public high school. A sort of rough one in a bad neighborhood. And I tell you those Private Catholic school kids were doing more drugs and partying than anyone I knew. Its a joke.
Saint Agnes is the only exception I see. They stress the faith more than anything else. Fitting how they send more boys onto the seminary than any other Catholic high school in MN.
What do you guys think?
You preach a false gospel.

#482843 Oct 17, 2013
who="HuskerDu" <quoted text> The Apostle's Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

----------
The Apostles' Creed is the message/life/teachings of Jesus. It is for all of the catholic (worldwide called ones), who are to be in communion with all other saints; they are to 'forgive those who trespass against them', and look forward to the resurrection. His church is not a fenced in compound for perfect people. It is a hospital for all those who labor and are heavy laden. It has Disciples (who are learning) and Apostles who are teaching. It is my/your/our creed.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

There is no 'class' distinction in the church.

KayMarie
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482845 Oct 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
You say the apostles were Catholic;
Prove it by the Holy Scriptures or admit you are a liar...
-->12 witnesses are hardly considered as Catholic...
CATHOLIC defined as UNIVERSAL..
IT SURELY MUST HAVE BEEN AS SMALL UNIVERSE...
Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
Act 10:39
And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
Act 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
NOTE
Act 10:41 --> Not to all the people,
but unto witnesses chosen before of God,
even to us,
who did eat and
drink with him after he rose from the dead.
The term Catholic (usually written with uppercase C in English) was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482846 Oct 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, he was offering a critique of the Catholic schools in his area, not proffering a gospel.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#482847 Oct 17, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you mind repeating that?
It's called Stewardship (Time, Talent, and Treasure). We donate our time and skills to the church and we tithe. We pay no tuition for K through 12. If you prefer you can pay tuition instead/too.

Once our children graduated from HS I continued to give 10%. Some of that goes to the church and some of it goes to other worthwhile charities.

Our Pastor, Fr. McGread, was a strong, nationally know proponent of the Stewardship program. Google "McGread stewardship" or enter the two words at Amazon. You'll get plenty.

#482848 Oct 17, 2013
IN CHAPTER 15 OF MATHEW A GENTILE WOMAN SAID

Mat_15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

YET IN CHAPTER 16 THE DOGS/GENTILES NOT ONLY CLAIM THE CRUMBS

THEY CLAIM THE WHOLE LOAF,,,

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith.

Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482849 Oct 17, 2013
who="Dan" <quoted text>
Who has declared Mary "divine"?
No Catholic has.
Let's get the facts straight, KM. Your husband's a minister, so you get very little latitude for these elementary errors of fact.
----------
No CC calls Mary 'divine'? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? They declare her to be the Queen of Heaven, and the Mother of God. What do you think 'divine' is ???
Your last sentence is dense. Perhaps you could explain?
KayMarie
Deities are "divine". That's what "divine" is. A deity. God.

RE: my last sentence-a minister's wife should know that Catholics don't regard Mary as "divine". No excuse for that level of ignorance on your OR your husband's part.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482850 Oct 17, 2013
who="HuskerDu" <quoted text> The Apostle's Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
----------
The Apostles' Creed is the message/life/teachings of Jesus. It is for all of the catholic (worldwide called ones), who are to be in communion with all other saints; they are to 'forgive those who trespass against them', and look forward to the resurrection. His church is not a fenced in compound for perfect people. It is a hospital for all those who labor and are heavy laden. It has Disciples (who are learning) and Apostles who are teaching. It is my/your/our creed.
Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
There is no 'class' distinction in the church.
KayMarie
Your husband thinks otherwise. He holds forth here frequently that his long-time "ministry" has imbued him with wisdom apart from others her on the board. He "pulls rank" all the time about it.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#482852 Oct 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? I was expressing my disappointment with the Catholic School System in the twin cities.
You can't win with the fanatic I tell ya!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482853 Oct 17, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're correct RE: the Catholic schools vs. public.

I also agree that it becomes a status/money thing oftentimes. Too bad for that. On the other hand, they are preparing the students for life via the education they offer and the rigor they apply.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#482854 Oct 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
JESUS SAYING HE IS GOD
==========
Jesus refers to Himself as “Son of Man”, He uses "Son of Man" 80 times in the Gospels.
"Son of Man" refers to a figure that Jews recognized as divine.
Daniel wrote (7:13-14):
In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.
In Daniel’s vision/prophesy, The “Son of Man” is rightful heir to the divine throne. He’ll rule forever. Nations will worship Him and His kingdom will be unstoppable
==========
Jesus used the personal name of Israel’s God–the name revealed to Moses (Exodus 3:14)–to refer to Himself. And He even used the Torah for context, so no one would misunderstand Him:“Before Abraham was, I AM”(John 8:58).
==========
Mark (14:60-64).
Again the high priest asked him,“Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”“I am,” said Jesus.“And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.” The high priest tore his clothes.“Why do we need any more witnesses?” he asked.“You have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?” They all condemned him as worthy of death.(63-64).
==========
John 14
8 Philip said,“Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”
9 Jesus answered:“Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.
==========
Fantastic
marge

Ames, IA

#482855 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The term Catholic (usually written with uppercase C in English) was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope.
And today the word catholic means cult to many who believe, by that we know the word catholic was not coined by a true born-again.

That is also why it's important not to add or subtract from the written Word when one speaks for the church.

#482856 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Deities are "divine". That's what "divine" is. A deity. God.
RE: my last sentence-a minister's wife should know that Catholics don't regard Mary as "divine". No excuse for that level of ignorance on your OR your husband's part.
CALL ME IGNORANT IF YOU PLEASE ..i AM WHOM GOD SAYS i AM..

AND SO ARE YOU IN YOU IGNORANCE..

JESUS WAS NOT CATHOLIC

HIS PRAYER IN JOHN CHAPTER 17 HE PRAYED

Joh 17:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

Joh 17:9 I pray for them:

I pray not for the world,

but for them which thou hast given me;

for they are thine.

THE ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE REFUSE THE WORD WHICH GOD GAVE UNTO HIS SON

AND ATTACH THEM SELVES TO A god of the universe..

THE BIBLE ALSO SAYS...

Joh_15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Jas_2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

1Jn_2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1Jn_3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God:

therefore the world(UNIVERSAL BELIEVERS) knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

THE UNIVERSAL LOVE IS THE SENSUAL LOVE PROPAGATED BY SATAN IN EDEN
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#482857 Oct 17, 2013
Richie T wrote:
<quoted text>You weren't drawn to the Father as a Protestant and certainly have not found Him as a Catholic/Universalist.
God knows that my heart is consecrated and committed in the faith and Salvation (each day) to HIM and to Jesus Christ HIS SON!! Thankfully, I don't have to answer to bible only anti-catholic hostile and beligerent "bigots" like you who condemn and pass your (personal opinionated) judgment upon the personal faith and Salvation of other Christians (especially Catholics)...... I/we as Catholics will continue to remain with the 2000 years of the HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL PROVEN and AUTHENTICATED TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, with Daily Mass, the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE body and blood), the TRUE interpretation of the Bible, with the Sacraments and confession. You Richie T---can go argue with your other 42,100 contradicting and inconsistent bible only "buffoons" who don't agree with you either.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#482859 Oct 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>No, a year.
Then your very fortunate,..I paid more in the eighties,for Christian school ...And we had,help her last two years,.
She was,a good,student ...we were poor ...She was valedictorian

But the Catholic Schools,are,around a 10per year ..

a month around here now .

And in other places,.

I don't know where those two St Anthony's are that I posted,.

I know what they pay ..in one school ..which I won't post .

But it's,close to twelve ..a bit less,for parishioners ..

So your area is very blessed ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 3 min Catholic24 84,330
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 10 hr Chimney1 268
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 28 Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web