Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683930 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#482959 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"His only Son, our Lord". That line.
Nope...it only identifies Jesus Christ as our Lord...which he is as in:

Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#482960 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do the crime, do the time".
Another fundamental rule of justice.
She was running it about Catholics regarding Mary as divine and told me to ask a priest. That hubris stood on it's own "merit".
No more rap to you at this point
truth

Australia

#482961 Oct 17, 2013
Your Creator left
man is giver and provider..but woman is gift for man..yee she is bless too.
Now..who is giver can give anything don't you even what is wrong..but wife not going except not at all..then..you stop on middle road.
Holy scripture teach you about
understanding to be understood..how many wife and widows been not to understood?!
Understanding is minimum of love.
Where is understanding there is a conciseness.
Concessnest rest in mind..
How its looks..
pain CCrown pain like never any opain exist its universal pain..
yee ..i resist..i don't fill sorry expirence that..
if you could you resist then you are Almighty..
003 is part of seconds
you can stop with that many things..
yee
Why ants have colony?
both ants and beez reject crazy and lazy..
yes
Thanks God I am good thinker..
Lord Jesus Christ feed himself with wild flowers
feed with honey eat grasshoppers..he is been rejected and tempted..yee..
which eyes grasshoppers have
which eyes ants have
which eyes beez have..
Are you for sure rejection is right..yep..as well no..
to be smart with conciseness are better then
with instinct..
yeep
weed seed and good seed
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#482962 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was trying to find something she'd be good at, as she, the minister, didn't know what "divine" meant. she had no problem holding court on what my faith "teaches", but couldn't quite grasp that whole "divine" thing.
Look at it as vocational rehab.
Dan, don't sweat it. If I or one of the other Catholic women had said it, they'd be all over us with the vilest of insults, hammering away without let up. A few months ago I said all Christians until the reformation were Catholic. I was called the biggest liar there ever was and every filthy, disgusting name you can think of on top of it. Please. These people are so full of (themselves), it's sickening. They're so obvious.

Location hidden

#482963 Oct 17, 2013
The only knowledge that counts, the only theology that is truly Orthodox, is participation in Godís movement in love towards us in creation and
Incarnation by our response of love. Louth
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482964 Oct 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...it only identifies Jesus Christ as our Lord...which he is as in:
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
That was a hot mess.

Do you believe Jesus to be God or not?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482965 Oct 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>No more rap to you at this point
As you wish.
truth

Australia

#482966 Oct 17, 2013
David win Goliath with slang..yee
Why woman with long hair have some design on back hold hair with two hole and stick too?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#482967 Oct 17, 2013
hey Regina surely you not talking about me:)

I can answer for most of them who are you referring too?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482968 Oct 17, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, don't sweat it. If I or one of the other Catholic women had said it, they'd be all over us with the vilest of insults, hammering away without let up. A few months ago I said all Christians until the reformation were Catholic. I was called the biggest liar there ever was and every filthy, disgusting name you can think of on top of it. Please. These people are so full of (themselves), it's sickening. They're so obvious.
Thanks, but I'm not sweating it. If someone wants to run out hoary, shopworn canards they'll get the response those comments deserve.

IMO, it's worse when ministers run that stuff. They have some pastoral responsibility, and for them to willfully disseminate inaccurate statements about which they should know better marks them as lazy at best. At worst, they're shameful opportunists who imperil the souls of those under their pastoral care.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#482969 Oct 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
The only knowledge that counts, the only theology that is truly Orthodox, is participation in Godís movement in love towards us in creation and
Incarnation by our response of love. Louth

We are suppose to be as One Hermi and especially the husband and wife, it's the closest relationship on earth that is like our personal relationship with God through Jesus.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#482970 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a hot mess.
Do you believe Jesus to be God or not?
You have three guesses:

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
truth

Australia

#482971 Oct 17, 2013
many godly exist

all people is not fit to be god.ly
no
marge

Leesburg, GA

#482972 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was trying to find something she'd be good at, as she, the minister, didn't know what "divine" meant. she had no problem holding court on what my faith "teaches", but couldn't quite grasp that whole "divine" thing.
Look at it as vocational rehab.
No such thing already settled aka finished.

Your adding.
truth

Australia

#482973 Oct 17, 2013
h.tucis black dust dissapier as you can see nothing can destroy people who pray

o i put few drops blade salt and bless water there..are you for sure can efect fundation..
love your neighbours..
must be funny..
bless your enemy
pray for them
holy spirit will lift up them front of his face
natrag
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#482974 Oct 17, 2013
marge wrote:
hey Regina surely you not talking about me:)
I can answer for most of them who are you referring too?
I don't know, Marge, do you follow their double standard of bullying women and backing down to men? If you do, then, yes, I'm talking about you, too. It's common practice around here, and so obvious it smells to high heaven. Even the topix cop took the night off. She must have been tired (yeah, sure). As I said...hypocritical cowards.
There's not a single thing they can say now. Their goose is well and truly cooked.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#482975 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but I'm not sweating it. If someone wants to run out hoary, shopworn canards they'll get the response those comments deserve.
IMO, it's worse when ministers run that stuff. They have some pastoral responsibility, and for them to willfully disseminate inaccurate statements about which they should know better marks them as lazy at best. At worst, they're shameful opportunists who imperil the souls of those under their pastoral care.
I couldn't agree more.

Good night.

Location hidden

#482976 Oct 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We are suppose to be as One Hermi and especially the husband and wife, it's the closest relationship on earth that is like our personal relationship with God through Jesus.
I agree 100%

Location hidden

#482977 Oct 17, 2013
Orthodoxy Unseen Warfare
Understanding assaultive thoughts and how to deal with them is key to living a victorious life in Christ.

Logismoi are thoughts and thought/images that come to us to lead us away from Christ.

So how do we handle them?

We ignore them.

We tend to go about our lives thinking whatever thoughts come to us without considering this is warfare we are engaged in and the thoughts are the ammunition. We are asleep.

We are walking through the battlefield and gunfire is whizzing past our heads, and we want to stop and have a closer look at the bullet. Unfortunately, this is how we get hurt.

We look at the bullets when we take into our heart a resentment, hurt or angry thought about another person

We should ignore these bullets and keep our own on Christ, the Author and Perfecter of our faith.

Location hidden

#482978 Oct 18, 2013
Emil Brunner
Protestant theologian.

Not Words, Doctrines, Creeds Theology but Relationship

The love of God can be communicated in no other way than by Godís self-giving.

Not mere information but Godís personal presence is communicated during our encounter with Him.

The goal of this revelation is the establishment of a relationship with God.

Since God Himself is communicated in the revelatory act, any propositional form of revelation reduces God to an object rather than a person, or to use Brunnerís word, a subject.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... 22 hr misleading troller 2
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web