Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,289)

Showing posts 465,761 - 465,780 of513,213
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>its much more than that Rose...
Yes I know...very well ....,
Regina

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
Heckle and Jeckle are really something else, aren't they? they make Ole' Scratch very happy.
Another poster and I were talking about this very thing a month or so ago. It looks like the instigator is gearing up for another round of "let's you and her fight". She's good at that. That's quite a low little group they've got going. You're better off staying away from them. Especially when they're reading the bible! So holy...lol! Just precious!

;)
(They're not the only ones who can wink!)
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

The Roman Catholic form of baptism is as follows:

"At the church-door the infant is stopped, to signify that being yet a slave to the devil, he cannot enter' the church, and that baptism gives him entrance."-Poor Man's Catechism.

"The priest then says" to the infant "What do you demand from the church of God?" -Ib.

"Then he breathes in his face three times, and commands the devil to depart, and give place to the Holy Ghost."-Ib.

"He then makes the sign of the cross."-Ib. The forehead, eyes, breast, shoulders, ears, are signed with the sign of the cross.

"The priest now blesses salt, and puts some of it into his mouth."-Ib.

"The priest proceeds to read the exorcism, commanding the wicked spirit to depart." - Ib. "Exorcism follows, which is accomplished to expel the devil and to break his strength." ("Sequitur exorcismus, qui ad expellendum diabolum ejusque vires frangendas .... conficitur."-Cat. II. ii. 64.)

"Laying the stole upon the child, he leads him into the church."-Ib.

"The priest repeats the exorcism."-Ib.

"He touches the ears and nostrils with spittle." -Ib.

The priest asks the infant these three things "Do you renounce Satan. and all his works? and all his pomps?" -lb.

"Then he" (the infant) "is anointed with the holy oils, blessed by the bishop, on the breast and between the shoulders."-Ib.

"Next he " (the infant) "is examined as to his faith:-Do you believe in God the Father Almighty?" etc.-Ib.

"Then the priest asks the infant, Will you be baptized; and the reason assigned is:-the Lord has willed that no one should be enlisted in the number of his followers, except as a volunteer. Then he pours water on the head three times in the form of a cross. Then he anoints the top of the head with chrism."-Ib.

"Then he puts white linen on the infant's head. A lighted candle is afterwards put into his hand; and, lastly, the infant receives usually the name of some Saint,` to whom he may pray, and of whom he may hope that he will come to defend both his soul and his body."'("Quem imitari studeat, eum quoque precetur et speret sibi advocatum ad salutem tum animi, tum corporis defendendam venturum esse."-Cat. II. ii. 73.)

The effects of baptism are thus set forth:

"By baptism, putting on Christ, we are made a new creature in him, obtaining the full and perfect remission of all sins."- Canones, Sess. xiv., cap. 2. "Even little ones are baptized unto the remission of sins that in them the evil which they contracted by generation may be cleansed by regeneration." Canones, Sess. v., "De Peccato."

"If any one denies that the guilt of original sin is remitted by the grace of Christ, which is conferred in baptism .... let him be accursed."-Ib.

"In baptism not only are sins remitted, but all the punishments of sin are also done away."-Cat. II. ii. 44.

"The causes of justification are, the final (cause), the glory of God; the instrumental (cause), the sacrament of baptism."-Canones, Sess. vi. cap. 7.

"If any one shall say that little ones, after they have been baptized, are not to be reckoned amongst believers .... let him be accursed."-Ib. Sess. vii. can. 13.

"By baptism we are joined to Christ, the head, as his members."-Cat. II. ii. 51. "By the virtue of this sacrament, our mind is filled with grace, through which being rendered just and the children of God, we are constituted heirs of eternal salvation."-Ib. 49.

"Lastly, baptism opens to each of us the way to heaven."-Ib. 57.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Protestants accept the words of Christ wholeheartedly and repudiate the false construction put upon them by the Church of Rome. We do not believe that the bread and wine are really, truly and substantially changed into the body, blood, soul, Deity, "bones and sinews of Christ" (Council of Trent).

We repudiate Rome's error because of her hypocrisy. She rejects the Bible as the sole rule of faith, but at the same time claims an infallible interpretation of it and makes this interpretation one of the basic tenets of her religion.

Jesus Christ also said: "This cup is the New Testament in my blood." (I Cor. 11:25) Why does Rome not teach, if she is to be consistent, that the chalice becomes the New Testament?

Protestants also reject Roman error because of its absurdity. If we are to literalize Christ's words here, then what are we to do with similar Scriptures? For example, when Christ said: "I am the door", consistency demands the interpretation that he had four panels, a handle and a keyhole. In John 15:1 Jesus says: "I am the vine." Does this mean that His arms were branches and yielded grapes? The Savior is called the "Rock" in I Cor. 10:4. Does this mean that he is a solid stone? Isaiah 40:6 says: "All flesh is grass", but a human being would have to be green if this were taken literally.

Further, Christ said of the cup: "This cup is the new testament in my blood" (Luke 22:20 and I Cor. 11:25). Why does Rome not teach, if she is to be consistent, that the chalice becomes the New Testament in the mass?

(1) Is this God working, or is it a repackaging of Roman ecumenism?

Rome's blasphemy. The teaching of Rome has also to be rejected because of its blasphemy. If the bread and wine actually become the body and blood of Christ, then He makes himself the prey of cannibals. The purpose, as well as the implications, of Romish doctrine, is blasphemous too. It is supposed necessary to re-create Christ in order to re-offer Him. Both are not only impossible, but unnecessary. Christ's sacrifice is finished, and the Scriptures declare (Rom. 6:9): "Christ being raised from the dead dies no more; death hath no more dominion over him."

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, and I did respond as if U were defending the blasphemous practices of the Catholic church, which is nothing more than a preserved chapter of the Holy Roman Empire complete with their pagan gods and rituals.
Das okay....just wanted to be sure you knew....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>No one worships statues of Mary.
Then the pope is nobody!!!!

Pope Worships Mary!- Jesus is Savior
www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/...... ;
A prayer to Mary offered up by the Catholic pontiff. Many deny that Catholics pray to Mary. Here is proof that not only do they pray to Mary, but the Pope, the head ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Mary is my friend. Padre Pio prayed and prayed, he had the gift of reading peoples minds in the Confessional. He could also bi-locate and had the stigmata. He was also not afraid to tell you what he thought of you. There was also a Saint that was very simple, a peasant who wanted to be a priest but acedemically couldn't hack it. some reason he did, he also prayed so intensely he started to levitate everytime he said Mass or prayed.
You are babbling nonsense..

Here is my request...again:

Show me you praying to a friend for whatever.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a dodge at all. I'm quoting you, or did you forget.
It is a dodge....instead of answering my question...you dodged...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, whatever. We have been telling you guys so many times that you don't want to believe us and you won't. But whatever, look it up yourself , go to catholicbible101.com and find out yourself and this time don't forget.
You cannot comply with my request.....proof positive that:

You are comparing apples to firewood..
You pray to Mary for whatever...

Show me you praying to a friend for whatever..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
"biblical" of or pertaining to the events associated to the events occurring during that time.
You lack the ability to step outside a man-made object, because you refuse to accept the facts.
Where does "God" specifically state where "He" inspired only certain texts?
That's right, Oxbow, you can't even be honest enough with yourself to admit there isn't any.
Any I am to believe you, who can't be honest?
Not today.
Self.
For some time now, based on what you post, I have thought that you are with less brains than my jackass has!!!! You have proven me correct...

You think that you are so full of wisdom that you can deny the correctness of the English dictionary!!!!

You are full of it alright...but it ain't wisdom!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - just so you can learn something today.....
biblical
3. evocative of or suggesting the Bible or Biblical times, especially in size or extent
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/biblic...
DOH!!
That agrees with my dictionary...

Of, relating to, or contained in the Bible.Being in keeping with the nature of the Bible, especially: Suggestive of the personages or times depicted in the Bible. Suggestive of the prose or narrative style of the King James Bible.

So????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Where are you Husker??????? Where is your example!!!!!

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Ever have a friend pray for you? Well we ask Mary to pray for us and she is Christ's mother and Christ never turns away a petition from His mother. This means my prayer petition would go straight to Christ.

Chuck say:
I have another tough question Husker that maybe you can help me with.

Can you give me an example from the Bible of a Christian praying to anyone other than God?

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
So you vote,for the,Dems. Because,you think the,Tea Party is,bad??
----------
The Tea Party is a group of people who don't want this country to be bankrupt by foolish spending. Congress nor the President have given us a budget for years.(They are supposed to do that at least once a year.)
Republicans and the Tea Party are being treated shamefully because they are trying to protect us from financial ruin.
The leftist media is using propaganda to blind the people. Obama and his crew are using scare tactics to win a power struggle. They were told to make the shutdown as painful as possible. They shut down public memorials, then had a gathering of 10,000 illegal aliens in the area where our veterans were not supposed to go.
They have spent MORE money on closures that it would have cost to keep the government open.
Better get your eyes open...it is YOUR liberty/money that is at stake.
KayMarie
Exactly ...

And,staying at home,or voting for a,third,party is giving the administration the,win...splitting congress ...And hurting war we
SAY we believe in ..

And the republicans,..the tea,party and all conservative ideas,loses,pro Life votes,......

I don't agree with every Republican ..But it's,self preservation we,are,talking fir the next generation..

I don't care,that Romney was a Mormon ...But others,did ..look what we got ...

Sometimes it's the lesser damage,..in.my opinion..

It's,the,tea party Republicans,who brought to Congress that PAIN restriction regarding abortion....But let's,label them ...
And the,claim to be pro life .

Prayer is,wonderful about abortion...just maybe these,conservative folks,..is,God helping us,with Restrictions ..But he,HOUSE can do nothing ALONE ...

Yes,splitting the vote,..it NIT voting is GREAT STRATEGY for the liberals,..they love it ..
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
So you vote,for the,Dems. Because,you think the,Tea Party is,bad??
----------
The Tea Party is a group of people who don't want this country to be bankrupt by foolish spending. Congress nor the President have given us a budget for years.(They are supposed to do that at least once a year.)
Republicans and the Tea Party are being treated shamefully because they are trying to protect us from financial ruin.
The leftist media is using propaganda to blind the people. Obama and his crew are using scare tactics to win a power struggle. They were told to make the shutdown as painful as possible. They shut down public memorials, then had a gathering of 10,000 illegal aliens in the area where our veterans were not supposed to go.
They have spent MORE money on closures that it would have cost to keep the government open.
Better get your eyes open...it is YOUR liberty/money that is at stake.
KayMarie
Well said Kay Marie.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

We borrow two billion dollars a day and that makes me sick...
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ...
And,staying at home,or voting for a,third,party is giving the administration the,win...splitting congress ...And hurting war we
SAY we believe in ..
And the republicans,..the tea,party and all conservative ideas,loses,pro Life votes,......
I don't agree with every Republican ..But it's,self preservation we,are,talking fir the next generation..
I don't care,that Romney was a Mormon ...But others,did ..look what we got ...
Sometimes it's the lesser damage,..in.my opinion..
It's,the,tea party Republicans,who brought to Congress that PAIN restriction regarding abortion....But let's,label them ...
And the,claim to be pro life .
Prayer is,wonderful about abortion...just maybe these,conservative folks,..is,God helping us,with Restrictions ..But he,HOUSE can do nothing ALONE ...
Yes,splitting the vote,..it NIT voting is GREAT STRATEGY for the liberals,..they love it ..
The dems have been in charge of the money since 2006..., can't believe so many catholics vote the wrong way, they really need to educate their people.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

I think Oxbow should have to answer to the guys and not talk to the girls.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
I think Oxbow should have to answer to the guys and not talk to the girls.
Why??

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, Tony!
The time will come when we will leave this physical world behind and enjoy the fullness of the heavenly kingdom, but for now we are living on earth as foreigners or sojourners.
It is obvious my friend that you have NOT read the scriptures in their entirety for had you read them then you would see that scriptures tells us that the God head is gonna dwell right here on planet earth. We are told that God created this earth not in vain but that He created it to be inhabited forever.

God also stated that He would make all things anew. Thats why I tell people that all those animals that are now extinct, He will bring back and He will also introduce new species as well.

Now would you like for me to post those scriptures that prove that we will dwell here on planet earth for all eternity? God is coming here and heaven is wherever He is and He will be right here on earth which will become a renewed paradise.

We will be in those immortal bodies. Why? Because flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God. We will be changed, in a moment in a twinkling of an eye into those spiritual bodies. There will be no flesh on that glorious new earth.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

who="Tony17" Everyone that finally overcomes will live forever in the Kingdom of God here on earth but they are NOT ETERNAL. Eternal means that you have no beginning nor ending and ONLY GOD fits that description. Or are you,LIKE SATAN, claiming that you will be like the MOST HIGH?
And FYI, there are deeper revelations of words that only the Holy Spirit can give than what and how man can define them.......EVEN FROM THE GREEK or the Hebrew etc. KAY?
Let the Holy Spirit lead you and learn not to lean unto your own understanding.
----------
The NEW BIRTH results in being part of the body/bride of Christ. He is eternal...if I receive HIM, then I HAVE eternal life.
KayMarie
No my friend. You greatly misunderstand what ETERNAL means. You will be given EVERLASTING LIFE if you overcome but only God is Eternal because He has no beginning. YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE HAS A BEGINNING. Therefore we cannot be Eternal. But we can live forever if we overcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 465,761 - 465,780 of513,213
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••