Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692152 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482902 Oct 17, 2013
who="Liam " <quoted text>
Christ did not install a Bible to dictate His teachings.. So its not right for you to demand that the Bible should spell out certain Marian doctrines.
Its better to go with the Church that formed the Bible than to go with your own personal take.
If you absolutely can't fathom being Catholic, at least consider Orthodox. At least you could experience the awesome gift of the Eucharist.

----------
Try to answer the question.

The Bible spells out the faith doctrine (Abraham), the ten commandments and countless other godly principles in the Old Testament (before anyone heard of a Catholic church). Then the same principles were continued in the New Testament writings. God dictated it, and inspired people wrote it down. It was not 'compiled' until later.

Jesus called me, I met Him. HE is the AWESOME ONE.

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#482903 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you do.
You rely on the writings of others to inform your beliefs.
Self.

"Rely on"??

No - to utilize and the research if they in fact coincide with other facts and supportive details.

So far, you haven't shown otherwise. Meaning, you'll have to prove to me that "God" didn't inspire the other half of Apostles that you disregard.

You haven't done that yet, so you are still basing your conclusion on what men have stated to you.

I haven't.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482904 Oct 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
CATHOLIC DOES NOT MEAN CHRISTIAN...
CHRISTIAN DEFINED
. A real disciple of Christ; one who believes in the truth of the Christian religion, and studies to follow the example, and obey the precepts, of Christ; a believer in Christ who is characterized by real piety.
CATHOLICS DO NOT BELIEVE NOR FOLLOW THE TEACHING OF CHRIST
THE HAVE THEIR OWN CONCEPTS THAT ARE DIAMETRICALLY APPOSED TO THE TEACHING OF JESUS
THEY HAVE PRIDE AND FALSE PIETY CALISTHENICS AND IDOL WORSHIP WHICH GOD FORBIDS..
DEPENDING UPON RITUALS INSTEAD OF BEING BORN AGAIN AND SERVING GOD FROM THE HEART,,,
THEY GLORIFY THEIR (so called ) CHURCH MARY AND THEIR SAINTS INSTEAD OF GOD
All Christians were Catholic until the Reformation. That's why they CALLED it "Catholic" (which means universal) as ALL Christians were united in belief worldwide.

Liam-here's another example of the lobotomization of the intellect required of fundamentalist Christians. This guy's a "minister" and somehow wants me to forget something he apparently never learned about the history of Christian belief and practice.

Simply unreal.

Albuquerque, NM

#482905 Oct 17, 2013
**and THEN research....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482906 Oct 17, 2013
who="Dan"<quoted text>
Hold on-a minute ago, you were all about you "not editing his posts, take it up with him".
He said, plainly, that Jesus wasn't Catholic. I replied that Jesus was not a Christian. That's a fact.
"THE ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE REFUSE THE WORD WHICH GOD GAVE UNTO HIS SON
AND ATTACH THEM SELVES TO A god of the universe."
This was used as a pejorative-that Catholics were errant in this belief which refuses God's word. Thus, he must believe that God is NOT "God of the universe", if that belief is so wrong.
If you don't want it thrown back at you, don't type it.

----------
Being sweet are you?
I wasn't editing his post; I was editing YOURS.

Peace...
KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

#482907 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>

I am, admittedly, afraid of wasting my life on message boards with conspiracy theorists and sophists.
...and yet you still post.

Hmmmm......conspiracy theorists? Here? Where? Who?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482908 Oct 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
One first must prove the "scriptures" you use are "God" inspired, which you haven't yet, so he in fact is just as right as you are.
I had something to counter his claim.

He just provided his claim sans any support.

Albuquerque, NM

#482909 Oct 17, 2013

BTW - although "Thomas" was a man, he didn't define "God", he supposedly only scribed the teachings of Jesus, who was describing "God".
Do you believe Jesus' description of "God"?
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a man and you hew to his writings.
Thanks. That's what I needed. Think we're done with this "why do you believe men" drivel, I hope.
You failed to answer the question. Let's try it again.

Albuquerque, NM

#482910 Oct 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet he,Spirit ..he,RuachHa,Kodesh was,known by the,Jews,..as,the,Spirit of Yahweh....
To think of God ..one,must include His,Spirit that has,been among and,with men since the,Chosen believed,in One God .
Jesus,was,always,saying His,Father referring to God,..if you know Me you know MY FATHER ...
thus the mystery ..names,for the three persons,..as,WE,call them in God .
You seem confused when you include....
"thus the mystery"....but then think you have defined the "mystery"?

Which is it?

Where did you get your information from if it is a mystery?

Are you holding out on us and have talked to "God" and "He" revealed "His mystery" to you and you alone?

Can you admit that you really don't know who this "God" is and only believe you do based upon other men?

Honest Rose.....all it is, is honesty.

Location hidden

#482911 Oct 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
Jesus Christ Established a Visible, Heirarchical, Authoritative Church On Earth
(Why, because the bible says so in Acts 2)
Every Christian believes that Jesus Christ established and sustains a community of faith, hope and love for all believers. This community we call His Church. The Church that Christ founded is the Catholic Church which has a formal earthly structure established by Christ and which continues under His authority and protection.
In the Old Testament we see God's continual involvement in the lives of the Israelites through appointed prophets. God delivered, instructed and admonished the Israelites. He made His motions in a visible, specific and formal way. He always did so through human hands, mouths, feet, minds and wills. God established a law and a means for executing it.
In concert with His redemptive act, Jesus did three things that established the framework of His Church. First, He chose humans to carry out His work. He appointed Peter to be the visible head of the Church. Jesus said to Peter, "You are Rock and on this rock I will build my Church." (Matthew 16: 18) Jesus said "build," as in to create a structure. Jesus built His structure on specifically chosen human beings Peter and the apostles.
Second, Jesus gave Peter and the apostles the power and authority to carry out His work. "Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven."(Matthew 16:19; 18:18) "Receive the Holy Spirit, whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven, whose sins you retain, they are retained."(John 20:23)
Third, Jesus gave Peter and the apostles commands as to what that work should be. At the last supper, He commanded, "Do this in memory of Me." (Luke 22:19) He commanded them to "Make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19), and to "Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)
The early Church was structured in a hierarchical manner as it is today. We see in Acts, chapter 15 how the apostles and the elders came together under the leadership of St. Peter to decide the question of what was required of Gentiles. We also see how St. Peter was regarded as the head of the Church when St. Paul, "Went up to Jerusalem to confer with Kephas [Peter] and remained with him fifteen days." (Galatians 1:18) There is no Scriptural evidence of independent local churches.
The Catholic Church is the only church that can claim to have been founded by Christ personally. Every other church traces its lineage back to a mere human person such as Martin Luther or John Wesley. The Catholic Church can trace its lineage back to Jesus Christ who appointed St. Peter as the first pope. This line of popes has continued unbroken for almost 2,000 years.
God rules, instructs and sanctifies His people through His Church. Under her teaching office, the Catholic Church preserves the Word of God. She is the custodian, keeper, dispenser and interpreter of teachings of Christ. And she accomplishes this under the protection of the Holy Spirit
There is no Catholic Church. There are Catholic church buildings. There is a Catholic denomination...its the largest in the USA.

Christ never built any denomination/s...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482912 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Self.
"Rely on"??
No - to utilize and the research if they in fact coincide with other facts and supportive details.
So far, you haven't shown otherwise. Meaning, you'll have to prove to me that "God" didn't inspire the other half of Apostles that you disregard.
You haven't done that yet, so you are still basing your conclusion on what men have stated to you.
I haven't.
"No - to utilize and the research if they in fact coincide with other facts and supportive details."

Reads like reliance on what men wrote, NASL. Jesus didn't leave us anything in His own hand. Welcome to the club.

Thanks.

Albuquerque, NM

#482913 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic schools are private and do not receive state or federal subsidy, thus they charge tuition to meet expenses that the public schools meet with tax money.
Some poor kids get breaks or waived tuition.
Some schools may not charge tuition, but I didn't look too hard for that. Too many dioceses.
Maybe you should correct Star's figures, one of "your own", instead of telling me.

I only care that complete and accurate information is conveyed to others. I guess you and her don't.

Albuquerque, NM

#482914 Oct 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus establish a Church?
No.

Location hidden

#482915 Oct 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
Why I am a Catholic
I AM A CATHOLIC ...
Because the founder of the Catholic Church is the God-Man Jesus Christ, Who was foretold by the prophets, and Who proved the divine character of His mission and teaching by wonderful miracles, especially by His Own Resurrection from the dead;
Because Christ established upon Peter and the Apostles the Church, one, holy, universal, apostolic, with which He declared He would remain all days to the consummation of the world, and against which the gates of Hell would not prevail;
Because Christ gave this society certain well defined doctrines which all men everywhere must believe under pain of damnation,**1 to which they may not add or from which they may not subtract;
Because Christ the Author of all holiness, promised to guard this society from error and preserve it until the end of time;
Because the Catholic Church possesses all marks of this Church established by Christ:
The Catholic Church is ONE because she everywhere professes the same faith, has the same sacrifice and sacraments, and is governed by one and the same visible head, the Pope. All non-Catholic sects lack unity. Because of the principles of private judgment they are conditionally splitting and subdividing. They have no central authority to hold them together. Their doctrines and practices are changing from day to day.
The Catholic Church is HOLY because its Founder, Jesus Christ, is all-holy; because it doctrines are holy; because its means of sanctification, the sacraments, are holy; because it produces holy, saintly men and women.
The Catholic Church is UNIVERSAL because it subsist throughout the ages, teaches all nations, and maintains all the truths given to it by Christ. The sects are not spread over the whole world but rather localized, nor do they teach everything that Our Lord taught the Apostles.
The Catholic Church is APOSTOLIC because it was founded on Christ's Apostles, because it is governed by their doctrines through their lawful successors, and because it never ceases to teach their doctrine. The sects cannot trace their origin to Christ or to the Apostles.**2
I am a Catholic, finally, because God Who is Supreme Truth and Holiness could not possibly be the Author of the countless sects with their mutually destructive and contradictory teachings and practices **3
Say on!!!! You are calling your pope a liar!!!!

Albuquerque, NM

#482916 Oct 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>I paid.....only 800 a year the second kid a discount third more discounts and fourth the same as the third. And just recently .
You must not be "under-priviledged", huh?

Albuquerque, NM

#482917 Oct 17, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Some pay tuition. Some don't.
We tithe to our church and other charities, as well as donating our time and our talents to the parish. We never paid tuition for our children to attend parochial school.
As I just stated to "Dan", maybe you should be correcting Star's assertion......

Albuquerque, NM

#482918 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I had something to counter his claim.
He just provided his claim sans any support.
Still can't answer directly, huh?

You do seem to have a problem with that.....hmmmmmm....
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482919 Oct 17, 2013
BTW - although "Thomas" was a man, he didn't define "God", he supposedly only scribed the teachings of Jesus, who was describing "God".
<quoted text>
You failed to answer the question. Let's try it again.
Now, now, NASL. You're asking me if I believe what Thomas wrote about Jesus' description of God.

You're not really very good at spinning this. You rely on the writings of men but want to pretend for some reason you don't. I mean, I figured out a while ago that "Thomas" isn't Jesus' nom de plume. "Thomas" wrote the Gospel of Thomas, not Jesus.

Come clean and admit that you rely on the writings of men just the same as we all do. It has to be burdensome to keep the pretense up for all this time. Let it go.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482920 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Maybe you should correct Star's figures, one of "your own", instead of telling me.
I only care that complete and accurate information is conveyed to others. I guess you and her don't.
What figures do you want promulgated?
Liam

Detroit, MI

#482921 Oct 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Liam " <quoted text>
Christ did not install a Bible to dictate His teachings.. So its not right for you to demand that the Bible should spell out certain Marian doctrines.
Its better to go with the Church that formed the Bible than to go with your own personal take.
If you absolutely can't fathom being Catholic, at least consider Orthodox. At least you could experience the awesome gift of the Eucharist.
----------
Try to answer the question.
The Bible spells out the faith doctrine (Abraham), the ten commandments and countless other godly principles in the Old Testament (before anyone heard of a Catholic church). Then the same principles were continued in the New Testament writings. God dictated it, and inspired people wrote it down. It was not 'compiled' until later.
Jesus called me, I met Him. HE is the AWESOME ONE.
KayMarie
Just pray and be the best wife and Christian you can be. Do not get involved with telling Catholics what our Bible is saying. I know you're a sweet devout person, Kay. But the Bible is a product of the Catholic Church. It was gathered and installed despite the fact that Our Lord never commanded we compile one. Its difficult to see past the propaganda fueled stereotypes about the CC..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 12 Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web