Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683544 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#482857 Oct 17, 2013
Richie T wrote:
<quoted text>You weren't drawn to the Father as a Protestant and certainly have not found Him as a Catholic/Universalist.
God knows that my heart is consecrated and committed in the faith and Salvation (each day) to HIM and to Jesus Christ HIS SON!! Thankfully, I don't have to answer to bible only anti-catholic hostile and beligerent "bigots" like you who condemn and pass your (personal opinionated) judgment upon the personal faith and Salvation of other Christians (especially Catholics)...... I/we as Catholics will continue to remain with the 2000 years of the HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL PROVEN and AUTHENTICATED TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, with Daily Mass, the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE body and blood), the TRUE interpretation of the Bible, with the Sacraments and confession. You Richie T---can go argue with your other 42,100 contradicting and inconsistent bible only "buffoons" who don't agree with you either.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#482859 Oct 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>No, a year.
Then your very fortunate,..I paid more in the eighties,for Christian school ...And we had,help her last two years,.
She was,a good,student ...we were poor ...She was valedictorian

But the Catholic Schools,are,around a 10per year ..

a month around here now .

And in other places,.

I don't know where those two St Anthony's are that I posted,.

I know what they pay ..in one school ..which I won't post .

But it's,close to twelve ..a bit less,for parishioners ..

So your area is very blessed ..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482860 Oct 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And today the word catholic means cult to many who believe, by that we know the word catholic was not coined by a true born-again.
That is also why it's important not to add or subtract from the written Word when one speaks for the church.
Um, the first usage of the term 0'Catholic Church"was by the martyr St. Ignatius of Antioch.

I think he probably rates with the Almighty well enough.

Open mouth, insert foot, huh marge?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482861 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your husband thinks otherwise. He holds forth here frequently that his long-time "ministry" has imbued him with wisdom apart from others her on the board. He "pulls rank" all the time about it.
~~~

GOD'S WORD PULLS RANK,. NOT ME ( I AM ONLY HIS SERVANT THAT IS CALLED AND

SENT).....GODS WORD TAKES PRECEDENCE ....ABOVE ALL

I JUST GIVE WHAT HE BRINGS TO MY REMEMBRANCE..TO POST...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482862 Oct 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
CALL ME IGNORANT IF YOU PLEASE ..i AM WHOM GOD SAYS i AM..
AND SO ARE YOU IN YOU IGNORANCE..
JESUS WAS NOT CATHOLIC
HIS PRAYER IN JOHN CHAPTER 17 HE PRAYED
Joh 17:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
Joh 17:9 I pray for them:
I pray not for the world,
but for them which thou hast given me;
for they are thine.
THE ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE REFUSE THE WORD WHICH GOD GAVE UNTO HIS SON
AND ATTACH THEM SELVES TO A god of the universe..
THE BIBLE ALSO SAYS...
Joh_15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Jas_2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
1Jn_2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jn_3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God:
therefore the world(UNIVERSAL BELIEVERS) knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
THE UNIVERSAL LOVE IS THE SENSUAL LOVE PROPAGATED BY SATAN IN EDEN
Jesus wasn't a Christian.

Now God isn't, in fact, Lord of the universe?

You're obviously worn out by the late hour. Go drink some warm milk and go to bed.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#482863 Oct 17, 2013
I know my mother and dad before he died paid tuition
For us,..

We even boarded for mire money at tines when they could Not Care for us .

The nuns,were,second mothers,..very strict ..great education..

We found a website ..a few old students ..very similar memories

#482864 Oct 17, 2013
who="HuskerDu" <quoted text> The origin of the Church
In Acts we see the fulfilment of Christ's promises. In Acts 1:8, Jesus had declared that the Apostles should receive power when the Holy Ghost should come upon them, and should be His witnesses both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth. In John 14:12, Jesus had declared: "He that believeth in me, the works that I do, he also shall do, and greater works than these shall he do. Because I go to the Father". In these passages is found the key-note of the origin of the Church. The Church developed according to the plan conceived by Christ. There is, assuredly, in the narration evidence of the working out of a great plan; for the reason that the writer records the working out of the great design of Christ, conceived in infinite wisdom, and executed by omnipotent power. There is throughout a well-defined, systematic order of narration, an exactness and fullness of detail. After the calling of the first twelve Apostles, there is no event in the history of the Church so important as Paul's conversion and commission to teach in Christ's name. Up to Paul's conversion, the inspired historian of the Acts has given us a condensed statement of the growth of the Church among the Jews. Peter and John are prominent in the work. But the great message is now to issue forth from the confines of Judaism; all flesh is to see the salvation of God; and St. Paul is to be the great instrument in preaching Christ to the Gentiles. In the development of the Christian Church Paul wrought more than all the other Apostles; and therefore in Acts St. Paul stands forth, the prominent agent of God in the conversion of the world...

----------
The power of the early church fell upon those in the Upper Room. There were about 120 people.
Act 1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
Act 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer..., with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
Act 1:15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said,(the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

This was more than the twelve. Cornelius' and his household received the Holy Ghost under Peter's preaching, and throughout the New Testament we read of others who were anointed to build the church.

We don't have all their stories...but the whole world was "turned upside down" by them, according to one account. The work of building the church, and the work of the ministry is given "to whom He (Holy Spirit) wills.

1Co 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1Co 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#482865 Oct 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>prove it. The Apostles were Catholic. Put the verse next to the Catholic verse and explain. This ohta be good.
QUIT ACTING SO STUPID!!!!!!

the Apostles were Jewish and certainly not like any catholics.

just look at you [lying] like this. they Preached the Truth
Liam

Detroit, MI

#482866 Oct 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And today the word catholic means cult to many who believe, by that we know the word catholic was not coined by a true born-again.
That is also why it's important not to add or subtract from the written Word when one speaks for the church.
The word 'Catholic' was coined by the Apostles when speaking of the Church they were setting up. We know this because one of their Disciples, Ignatius of Antioch (who's feast day is celebrated today btw), Used it while at least one Apostle was still alive.
The writings of the early Church destroy the whole concept of Protestantism and the deceit which it is built on. How incredibly naive of you to imply Ignatius was not a true born again, when he ate, walked, slept beside and conversed with the Apostles directly. Naive or forcefully stupid. I really don't know right now. You're hard to figure out.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#482867 Oct 17, 2013
Oh please,a Jiffy nut icon

for saying how,great the NUNS,
Were..

please,lady ..

That's,just meanness,..

How would you know,a thing about those dear ladies,.

Or its just because they are,nice to me at a really bad
Time ..

Location hidden

#482868 Oct 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Mary was without sin.
then WHY did she offer up a SIN OFFERING?

as the Bible teaches.

#482869 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're obviously worn out by the late hour. Go drink some warm milk and go to bed.
~~~~
JESUS WAS BORN TO BE OUR MEDIATOR BETWEEN US AND GOD...

THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB OFFERED FOR OUR SINS

THAT RANSOMED US WITH HIS BLOOD, FROM THE ENEMY OF OUR SOULS

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

___

OUR HIGH PRIEST

Heb 7:22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

Heb 7:23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:

Heb 7:24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

Heb 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Heb 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

Heb 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

#482870 Oct 17, 2013
who="Dan" <quoted text>
Deities are "divine". That's what "divine" is. A deity. God.
RE: my last sentence-a minister's wife should know that Catholics don't regard Mary as "divine". No excuse for that level of ignorance on your OR your husband's part.

----------
Dan, how can you even think to call ME ignorant when you call Mary the mother of God (Deity), then declare that she is not divine???

How can you call her Queen of Heaven...then say that she is not divine?

KayMarie

Location hidden

#482871 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, the first usage of the term 0'Catholic Church"was by the martyr St. Ignatius of Antioch.
I think he probably rates with the Almighty well enough.
Open mouth, insert foot, huh marge?
Iggie was an IDIOT and a liar

#482872 Oct 17, 2013
who="Dan" <quoted text>
Your husband thinks otherwise. He holds forth here frequently that his long-time "ministry" has imbued him with wisdom apart from others her on the board. He "pulls rank" all the time about it.

----------
I don't edit my husband's posts. You will have to take that up with him.

KM
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482873 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
GOD'S WORD PULLS RANK,. NOT ME ( I AM ONLY HIS SERVANT THAT IS CALLED AND
SENT).....GODS WORD TAKES PRECEDENCE ....ABOVE ALL
I JUST GIVE WHAT HE BRINGS TO MY REMEMBRANCE..TO POST...
...and you just did it again.

I'll take the point here.

#482874 Oct 17, 2013
who="Dan" <quoted text>

----------
You are twisting words, Dan. He said nothing of the sort.

KayMarie
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482875 Oct 17, 2013
who="Dan" <quoted text>
----------
I don't edit my husband's posts. You will have to take that up with him.
KM
Clearly, no one does-not even your husband.

He answered the dinner bell, just like Pavlov's dog, and proved me right.

Thanks.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482876 Oct 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Iggie was an IDIOT and a liar
LOL.

The peanut gallery awakens.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482877 Oct 17, 2013
who="Dan" <quoted text>
Deities are "divine". That's what "divine" is. A deity. God.
RE: my last sentence-a minister's wife should know that Catholics don't regard Mary as "divine". No excuse for that level of ignorance on your OR your husband's part.
----------
Dan, how can you even think to call ME ignorant when you call Mary the mother of God (Deity), then declare that she is not divine???
How can you call her Queen of Heaven...then say that she is not divine?
KayMarie
Because she isn't divine. God is divine. You're a preacher's wife. Why am I telling you what "divine" means? Shouldn't you know, or do you just provide the coffee and doughnuts on Sunday?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Wed Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Wed Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
News Pope Francis says 2,000 sex abuse cases backlog... Jul 10 Samoht 7
More from around the web