Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685857 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#482780 Oct 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...and yet you chose to not refute them.....but just with your post claiming the poster was wrong.
Sounds like you didn't post enough to refute the post, except with diverting and choosing not to answer it with honesty.
Self.
Face it Dan, you've admitted that you divert. I'm just basing my perception on your own posts.
Yes Dan, it is still Self.
I refuted him by telling him he was wrong. It's (the supporting scripture) there for anyone to look up.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482781 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
We've gone over this before in so many different ways.
And we still arrive at the same answers - you choose to believe in men, I do not.
What part of this do you not understand?
Sure you do.

You rely on the writings of others to inform your beliefs.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482782 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do you uphold the dismissal of such texts so readily?
Are you afraid of something?
I didn't "uphold" anything.

I asked your buddy how he knows what things that he never saw (they were "destroyed") said or contained.

I am, admittedly, afraid of wasting my life on message boards with conspiracy theorists and sophists.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482783 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
BTW - although "Thomas" was a man, he didn't define "God", he supposedly only scribed the teachings of Jesus, who was describing "God".
Do you believe Jesus' description of "God"?
He's a man and you hew to his writings.

Thanks. That's what I needed. Think we're done with this "why do you believe men" drivel, I hope.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482784 Oct 17, 2013
who="Liam "<quoted text>
But that's not what was taught. Its only what you are choosing to see 1900 yrs later. You can't undo what the Apostles taught because your undoing the word of God. Many protestants, and protestants of the original protestants are starting to realize this due to the internet and the new evangelization of the Catholic Church. The Eucharist- as the first 1600 yrs of Christianity understood it- is the new testament. Not a book, Kay

----------
Not so. 1Co 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, NOT DISCERNING THE LORD'S BODY.

All that I have given you is from scripture...not what I 'CHOOSE to see'.

1Co 6:19 What? Don't you know that YOUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY GHOST WHICH IS IN YOU, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?(You/we are part of His Body...the Church...the Bride of Christ.)

I am astounded with those of the RCC who claim that they gave us the Bible...yet they disregard what the Bible says. IF it is not the Truth...that makes the RCC responsible for deception!

If you gave it, then pay attention to it...

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#482785 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
To expect so-called "Christians" to understand the Spirit, is like asking them to understand Jesus, which they can't with only a portion of what he taught.
And yet he,Spirit ..he,RuachHa,Kodesh was,known by the,Jews,..as,the,Spirit of Yahweh....

To think of God ..one,must include His,Spirit that has,been among and,with men since the,Chosen believed,in One God .

Jesus,was,always,saying His,Father referring to God,..if you know Me you know MY FATHER ...

thus the mystery ..names,for the three persons,..as,WE,call them in God .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#482786 Oct 17, 2013
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#482787 Oct 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
Jesus Christ Established a Visible, Heirarchical, Authoritative Church On Earth
(Why, because the bible says so in Acts 2)
Every Christian believes that Jesus Christ established and sustains a community of faith, hope and love for all believers. This community we call His Church. The Church that Christ founded is the Catholic Church which has a formal earthly structure established by Christ and which continues under His authority and protection.
In the Old Testament we see God's continual involvement in the lives of the Israelites through appointed prophets. God delivered, instructed and admonished the Israelites. He made His motions in a visible, specific and formal way. He always did so through human hands, mouths, feet, minds and wills. God established a law and a means for executing it.
In concert with His redemptive act, Jesus did three things that established the framework of His Church. First, He chose humans to carry out His work. He appointed Peter to be the visible head of the Church. Jesus said to Peter, "You are Rock and on this rock I will build my Church." (Matthew 16: 18) Jesus said "build," as in to create a structure. Jesus built His structure on specifically chosen human beings Peter and the apostles.
Second, Jesus gave Peter and the apostles the power and authority to carry out His work. "Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven."(Matthew 16:19; 18:18) "Receive the Holy Spirit, whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven, whose sins you retain, they are retained."(John 20:23)
Third, Jesus gave Peter and the apostles commands as to what that work should be. At the last supper, He commanded, "Do this in memory of Me." (Luke 22:19) He commanded them to "Make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28:19), and to "Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)
The early Church was structured in a hierarchical manner as it is today. We see in Acts, chapter 15 how the apostles and the elders came together under the leadership of St. Peter to decide the question of what was required of Gentiles. We also see how St. Peter was regarded as the head of the Church when St. Paul, "Went up to Jerusalem to confer with Kephas [Peter] and remained with him fifteen days." (Galatians 1:18) There is no Scriptural evidence of independent local churches.
The Catholic Church is the only church that can claim to have been founded by Christ personally. Every other church traces its lineage back to a mere human person such as Martin Luther or John Wesley. The Catholic Church can trace its lineage back to Jesus Christ who appointed St. Peter as the first pope. This line of popes has continued unbroken for almost 2,000 years.
God rules, instructs and sanctifies His people through His Church. Under her teaching office, the Catholic Church preserves the Word of God. She is the custodian, keeper, dispenser and interpreter of teachings of Christ. And she accomplishes this under the protection of the Holy Spirit
Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread, you should get on your knees and ask for forgiveness, every time you post such lies, Jesus never started nor would he givew His blessing to such a evil institution Hojo, its author is satan he is the god you serve in this church. the Pope is indeed the leader of this earthly church, Jesus said His Kingdom is not of this world, Jesus never came preaching a denomination or a religious doctor .
Jesus came preaching the kingdom of God.
You silly man, you can,t understand spiritual things because you are spiritual dead.

Jesus 3 :3 Jesus said you must be born again, to enter the kingdom of God , you are not born again.
your in a church filled with dead man bones, its a tomb.
you belong to nothing to a religious pagan sect.
"WANTING TO BE LIKE GOD''OH HOW YOU HAVE FALLEN LUCIFER"
THEY ALL BECAME FOOLS.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482789 Oct 17, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Your history books teach about the Crusades and the Inquisition. It's all there. Some texts were preserved but hidden to keep from being destroyed. And some were recovered as fragments but still legible. Ok, manuscripts such as the Dead Sea Scrolls have been uncovered which have information pertaining to that period. We have the Book of Enoch which really isn't considered divine texts by some but are texts nonetheless. There is the Book of Jubilees and also manuscripts they call the Book of Adam which gives detailed accounts of Adam and Eves life shortly after being banned from the garden. There is also a gospel of Mary, gospel of Thomas, and a gospel of Judas. And then not to mention other sacred Hebrew, Sumerian, Egyptian texts that point to a revelation given to man by God. Then there's the written records of Saul of Tarsus, on down to Constantine and the Council of Nicaea. Man, there is so much more to God than what is taught in our churches today. Do U think that Satan is afraid to sit in the pulpit?! Ha! By the way, I'm not claiming to have the truth, but only seeking it. I'm no more knowledgable than the next. Don't trust the priests to tell U about God. Seek for yourself.
Again, if they've been "destroyed", neither you nor I know what they said or contained.

Now, you've changed the story to tell me about non-canonical writings-not the same as that which were "destroyed".
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482791 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm not stating anyone was denied. Please stop changing the discussion to something that is not being discussed.
I'll call this diversion. You aren't "Dan" are you?
I stated that in order to attend, one had to pay a tuition - a tuition that was paid by the parents of the child(ren).
To learn at a Catholic school, one is required to pay tuition, otherwise they could not attend.
I know of nowhere that Catholic schools openly teach anyone free of charge.
If this is the case, you will have support your claim with a citation that states that Catholic schools do not require tuition to attend.
You can supply this information, right?
Catholic schools are private and do not receive state or federal subsidy, thus they charge tuition to meet expenses that the public schools meet with tax money.

Some poor kids get breaks or waived tuition.

Some schools may not charge tuition, but I didn't look too hard for that. Too many dioceses.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#482792 Oct 17, 2013
The Lies Told About the Responsibility of the Rwandan Church in the Genocide (Juan Carrero Saralegui)

The assassination of the [three] Catholic bishops of Kabgayi [carried out by the RPF] marks the start of a big effort to denigrate the Church. This practice falls into a scheme to revise the history of Rwanda, a revision which seeks to state that the genocide of the Tutsi had been decades in planning and that the Catholic Church, presented as an instrument of Belgian colonization, contributed to setting up that genocide.
http://www.france-rwanda.info/article-the-lie...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#482793 Oct 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread, you should get on your knees and ask for forgiveness, every time you post such lies, Jesus never started nor would he givew His blessing to such a evil institution Hojo, its author is satan he is the god you serve in this church. the Pope is indeed the leader of this earthly church, Jesus said His Kingdom is not of this world, Jesus never came preaching a denomination or a religious doctor .
You silly man, you can,t understand spiritual things because you are spiritual dead.
Jesus 3 :3 Jesus said you must be born again, to enter the kingdom of God , you are not born again.
THEY ALL BECAME FOOLS.
Did Jesus establish a Church?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482794 Oct 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Liam "<quoted text>
But that's not what was taught. Its only what you are choosing to see 1900 yrs later. You can't undo what the Apostles taught because your undoing the word of God. Many protestants, and protestants of the original protestants are starting to realize this due to the internet and the new evangelization of the Catholic Church. The Eucharist- as the first 1600 yrs of Christianity understood it- is the new testament. Not a book, Kay
----------
Not so. 1Co 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, NOT DISCERNING THE LORD'S BODY.
All that I have given you is from scripture...not what I 'CHOOSE to see'.
1Co 6:19 What? Don't you know that YOUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY GHOST WHICH IS IN YOU, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?(You/we are part of His Body...the Church...the Bride of Christ.)
I am astounded with those of the RCC who claim that they gave us the Bible...yet they disregard what the Bible says. IF it is not the Truth...that makes the RCC responsible for deception!
If you gave it, then pay attention to it...
KayMarie
"I am astounded with those of the RCC who claim that they gave us the Bible...yet they disregard what the Bible says. IF it is not the Truth...that makes the RCC responsible for deception!"

The RCC did give us the Bible. I'm not sure how you've determined that they don't follow what the Bible says.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#482795 Oct 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
Immaculée Ilibagiza (born 1972[1]) is a Rwandan author and motivational speaker. She is also a Roman Catholic and Tutsi. Her first book, Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust (2006), is an autobiographical work detailing how she survived during the Rwandan Genocide. She was featured on PBS on one of Wayne Dyer's programs, and also on a December 3, 2006 segment of 60 Minutes (which re-aired on July 1, 2007).
Left to Tell recounts Immaculée Ilibagiza’s experience during the 1994 Rwandan genocide. She survived hidden for 91 days with seven other women in a small bathroom, no larger than 3 feet (0.91 m) long and 4 feet (1.2 m) wide. The bathroom was concealed in a room behind a wardrobe in the home of a Hutu pastor. During the genocide, most of Ilibagiza’s family was killed by Hutu Interahamwe soldiers: her mother, her father, and her two brothers Damascene and Vianney. Besides herself, the only other survivor in her family was her brother Aimable, who was studying out of the country in Senegal and did not know the war was going on. In Left to Tell Ilibagiza shares how her Roman Catholic faith guided her through her terrible ordeal, and describes her eventual forgiveness and compassion toward her family's killers wikipedia.com
I read her book when it first came out. Highly recommend it. Have also heard her speak a few times; she's a wonderful witness to the truth.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482796 Oct 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
THEY ALL BECAME FOOLS.
Um, Hojo provides at least 10 citations from Scripture to support his point, and you reply with a mangling of an Alexander Pope quotation.

Point to Hojo here.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482798 Oct 17, 2013
who="Dan" <quoted text>

The RCC did give us the Bible. I'm not sure how you've determined that they don't follow what the Bible says.

----------
Not only does the RCC have teachings that conflict with the Bible; they continually deride Biblical teachings that are posted on Topix.
Also the scold those whose hope is in that great Anchor: the Bible.

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#482799 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic schools are private and do not receive state or federal subsidy, thus they charge tuition to meet expenses that the public schools meet with tax money.
Some poor kids get breaks or waived tuition.
Some schools may not charge tuition, but I didn't look too hard for that. Too many dioceses.
He fact remains, they charge tuition ..quite a bit .
Their PARENTS,support the school as well as pay taxes,for he Public School ...

This goes for other Christian schools ..

Some alumni DO set up funds for poor students .

As,was pointed out o me on another subject ..Rome does
not give money ...for local expenses ..according to you guys .

Thus the dioceses are selling of Churches,and other properties ..to get money ..
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#482800 Oct 17, 2013
who="Dan" <quoted text>
----------
Not only does the RCC have teachings that conflict with the Bible; they continually deride Biblical teachings that are posted on Topix.
KayMarie
Who in protestantism has the authority to declare which teachings conflict with the bible? Anyone who picks up a KJV?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482801 Oct 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>I paid.....only 800 a year the second kid a discount third more discounts and fourth the same as the third. And just recently .
Lot less in Lincoln diocese than Omaha.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482802 Oct 17, 2013
who="Dan" <quoted text>
----------
KayMarie
I've never seen any Catholic deride the Bible nor any passages from it. I certainly have seen them deride the amateur "Bible lectures" provided by protestants here on the board.

Big difference, Kay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web