Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
465,561 - 465,580 of 532,733 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You ever work at a food bank? I do, I volunteer there for my Church. If the tea party would be the majority, they would get rid of the food banks. Now how Christian is that? Tea partiers say so your poor, then you are lazy and not deserving. What would Christ say and do? He would be angry and He would help the poor.
Hi Husker...

**lol...I'll leave you alone Husker. You made a stupid comment about Fatima being in the Bible and I shouldn't hold it over your head no matter how dumb you look.

Friends??
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead, I'm sure you'll find plenty. Either it's a personal attack and insult or it's not. You can't judge one group and give everyone else a pass, including yourself. THAT is hypocrisy. Mr. self-righteous!
Why are you so obsessed with my address? It's creepy!
He won't find anything Regina. You're always the victim.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Ever have a friend pray for you? Well we ask Mary to pray for us and she is Christ's mother and Christ never turns away a petition from His mother. This means my prayer petition would go straight to Christ.
I have another tough question Husker that maybe you can help me with.

Can you give me an example from the Bible of a Christian praying to anyone other than God?
Regina

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably, but right now Catholicism is in direct conflict with liberalism and secularism. Particularly with abortion, contraception, gay marriage, stem cell research and now Obamacare.
I really don't know of any non Catholic Christian group who stands with us on all these issues.
There really is no other, Clay. At least not as vehemently. Although I believe some individuals are also protesting the HHS mandate. There are a few lawsuits filed by other Christians. I think Hobby Lobby is one.
I'd also add in vitro fertilization to your list above.

Catholic-Bashing: America's Last Acceptable Prejudice:
U.S. groups that are scrupulously PC about offending religious institutions make one major exception: the Roman Catholic Church.

BY: Philip Jenkins
http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Catholic/2003... #

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I can - all of the biblical texts are "of God's inspiration".
Why would you think otherwise?
biblical: Of, relating to, or contained in the Bible.

You crawfished....that's worst than eating crow..
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I have a question Clay, and I am sincere...what is the difference between the Traditional Catholics and the Vatican 2 Catholics...my understanding is the traditionalist are the Latin mass.
I don't know. Good question. I don't think its just the Mass. I would like to define myself as a traditional Catholic, but I like both Masses. I know many Catholics who wish some of the changes of Vatican II would be reversed. Receiving the Eucharist from a Priest or Deacon while kneeling is something I would like to see come back. I see people who look like they are at a Baseball game, holding their hands out to receive communion from some guy who's not a Priest, and I don't like it. I don't know that you can totally blame Vatican II for that or just a reflection of modern society in general. I know its not like it is here as in other parts of the world.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Everything that happened at Fatima is in the bible. Read about Fatima
Isaiah 42:I am the Lord, that is My name;
And My glory I will not give to another,
Nor My praise to carved images.

**I wonder if the statue of Mary at Fatima is included in this verse?? Thousands do flock there every year to get on their needs to praise Mary...hmmmmm

Satan can pose as an angel of light to confuse and take glory from God. Huh...looks like what happened at Fatima

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>What a total perversion!! Like I have mentioned in past posts the Catholic church have created their own God, or gods. Only one, the One, is worthy of praise. I don't remember anywhere in the scriptures where God said that an earthly figure is to be praised and worshipped upon. Did Jesus honor Mary the mother as he honored God, the Father? What about the archangels? Did Jesus ever bow down and pray to Gabriel or Michael?! Answer this correctly and your eyes should open immediately to the revelation that pray and prostration to the so-called saints is blasphemous towards the one and only (not 3) God.
I are not a Catholic...I posted that in response to a post that said Catholic don't worship Mary...
Regina

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You have it wrong, SPXX or whatever are considered protestant because they are excommunicated and still practice They do NOT folow the Vatican and are not in anyway Catholic.
The excommunications of the four bishops were lifted, although the SSPX is still not in full communion with the Church.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Closer to God you say.
Just comforting words, with no real meaning.
What does that mean closer to God? If you read the bible you will be closer to God than someone who doesn't? If you pray to God more than someone else you will become closer to God?
How close to God can someone actually get? I thought God loved all of us equally.
If a Muslim or Jew prays to God and reads their Torah or Quar'an do they become closer to God or just christians who read the bible?
.....just comforting words with no meaning.....closer to God.
God loves us equally, as far as those of us that love God. He expresses in clear messages His hatred of liars, thieves, murderers, etc. But the faithful and obedient shall be the ones to experience this love. So reading scriptures that reveal God's will would bring U closer to God because in turn if U are faithful and obedient U will follow His will which would give U favor in God's eyes, and therefore bonding your relationship with Him.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. Good question. I don't think its just the Mass. I would like to define myself as a traditional Catholic, but I like both Masses. I know many Catholics who wish some of the changes of Vatican II would be reversed. Receiving the Eucharist from a Priest or Deacon while kneeling is something I would like to see come back. I see people who look like they are at a Baseball game, holding their hands out to receive communion from some guy who's not a Priest, and I don't like it. I don't know that you can totally blame Vatican II for that or just a reflection of modern society in general. I know its not like it is here as in other parts of the world.
I agree. I'd also describe myself as traditional, although I don't really like the way people label Catholics. They pick that up from the secular media. Too many people inform themselves from the media and take their word as gospel as far as the Church is concerned. There really is no such thing as traditional or liberal. Either one is Catholic or not.

As far as Vatican II goes, it's the interpretation that's been the problem. For instance, communion on the tongue is still the norm.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably, but right now Catholicism is in direct conflict with liberalism and secularism. Particularly with abortion, contraception, gay marriage, stem cell research and now Obamacare.
I really don't know of any non Catholic Christian group who stands with us on all these issues.
Seriously....???

A lot of the MOST OUTSPOKEN ..against all this secularism are,EVANGELICAL...OR NON CATHOLICS CHRISTIAN ..

YOU think every one in the Tea Party ...the Religiuos,Right ..is,Catholic .

There,are,liberal CATHOLUCS,organized front PRO CHOICE..there,are,liberal Protestants ....

Don't kid your self ..the,secular atheist want all of us,who love Jesus,.to SHUT UP...

And they use,scare,tactics,and misinformation to show us,as hate filled
And a threat to their way of LUFE ...they out this nonsense out there..
To get votes,scaring folks,...to vote against any one nit in lock step with the agenda,...

One woman I posted to is,convinced they will get a,theocracy ..

The latest tactic ...likening our politicians,to terrorists ..

Had to break this news ..we are in the same boat ..

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Ever have a friend pray for you? Well we ask Mary to pray for us and she is Christ's mother and Christ never turns away a petition from His mother. This means my prayer petition would go straight to Christ.
Even though Mary was the vessel in which Jesus was born does not make her worthy of hearing the words that are meant for the Father. This is even so when it comes to these priests exalting themselves into a position to hear the confessions of sincere men's hearts that are meant for God to hear. Jesus did not one time tell his disciples to pray to Mary the Mother in order for God to hear them. And not one time did he exalt his mother during the time of his ministry. Jesus ALWAYS said to pray to the Father. ALWAYS said it! NEVER did he say that anyone else was worthy. The archangels even testify and confirm this throughout the scriptures. When we bow and pray, that should be a direct line to the Creator uninterrupted except through efforts of the "fallen ones" who have been and are continuously trying to disrupt the communications and divert sincere prayers towards false gods and idols, just as the Catholics are doing.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You ever work at a food bank? I do, I volunteer there for my Church. If the tea party would be the majority, they would get rid of the food banks. Now how Christian is that? Tea partiers say so your poor, then you are lazy and not deserving. What would Christ say and do? He would be angry and He would help the poor.
As,I understand it ...the,TEA,PARTY IS,ALL FOR PRIVATE CHARITY .

they want SMALLER government ..do y our all for OBAMA,CARE then.
???

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have another tough question Husker that maybe you can help me with.
Can you give me an example from the Bible of a Christian praying to anyone other than God?
Good question and it is so right to the point. Most religious people feel that if it is written in scripture then it must be true. And if it's not, then it ain't.

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I are not a Catholic...I posted that in response to a post that said Catholic don't worship Mary...
Ok, and I did respond as if U were defending the blasphemous practices of the Catholic church, which is nothing more than a preserved chapter of the Holy Roman Empire complete with their pagan gods and rituals.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
Your wrong about the tea party, so then you vote for the democrats? Your catholic brothers and sisters would have a problem with that.
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously....???
A lot of the MOST OUTSPOKEN ..against all this secularism are,EVANGELICAL...OR NON CATHOLICS CHRISTIAN ..
YOU think every one in the Tea Party ...the Religiuos,Right ..is,Catholic .
There,are,liberal CATHOLUCS,organized front PRO CHOICE..there,are,liberal Protestants ....
Don't kid your self ..the,secular atheist want all of us,who love Jesus,.to SHUT UP...
And they use,scare,tactics,and misinformation to show us,as hate filled
And a threat to their way of LUFE ...they out this nonsense out there..
To get votes,scaring folks,...to vote against any one nit in lock step with the agenda,...
One woman I posted to is,convinced they will get a,theocracy ..
The latest tactic ...likening our politicians,to terrorists ..
Had to break this news ..we are in the same boat ..
In the last Presidential election, the majority of Catholic voted for Obama.

Pew Research
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>No one worships statues of Mary.
In what way is Mary NOT treated as a god by the RCC.

According to the most recent official myth, Mary is more like Jesus (no sin, bodily into Heaven, etc.) than human.

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>No one worships statues of Mary.
Earlier in a post U mentioned that Jesus never turns away a petition of his mother. Can U please point out in scripture where I may find this where Jesus was said to have mentioned it? I would like to learn more about it so if U don't mind....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Ecko 8,143
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••