Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687387 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482260 Oct 15, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Prayers taught to the children at Fatima
Ahh yes Fatima. One of the great tricks of Satan.

2 Cor 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

**Year after year thousands flock to Fatima to get on their knees, left up their hands, and give glory to Mary.

**Satan laughs because that is his goal. To take glory from God and destoy people.
Michael

Canada

#482261 Oct 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooooo....what do you call it when you ask her for something?
Prayer?????
Everyday BILLIONS and BILLIONS of prayers are prayed by members of every religion on the planet christian and none christian praying to their higher power selfishly wanting something for themselves or wanting their God to change something in their lives to satisfy themselves or others.

I never pray I figure things out myself and if it doesn't work then it wasn't meant to be.

If God has a divine plan and everything happens because its Gods plan, why pray trying to change and screw up Gods divine plan?

If we spent more time thinking of ourselves as equals to each other instead of "My religion is right and yours is not" we would be living in a much better world, the world any God would have intended it to be.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482262 Oct 15, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You know, if you actually studied about the Church in an unbiased way going in, you would find her to be a beautiful church and not what you think. give it a try.
I will take that as you cannot deny what I have said. If you can,,,please do so.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#482263 Oct 15, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You know, if you actually studied about the Church in an unbiased way going in, you would find her to be a beautiful church and not what you think. give it a try.
What is the church?

"people who are called out of the realm of sin and darkness into the light and kingdom of Jesus Christ"
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#482264 Oct 15, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Jesus' church...."saved by obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#482265 Oct 15, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
1 Corinthians 12:27

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

The components of the universal church are individual Christians, not any local congregations.

SPIRITUAL......
Michael

Canada

#482266 Oct 15, 2013
Every religion teaches their way is right and everyone else is wrong. 42,001 different christian denominations (sects) each one using the VERY SAME inspired words of God to prove their own conflicting doctrines of what was written in the bible.

...World thelogens of the same christian beliefs disagree with each other over terminologies in the bible.

...Educated religious language translators disagree with each other over Greek and Hebrew scripture meanings.

Wouldn't common sense clearly indicate that if God really inspired the writings in the bible he would have made them SO CYRSTAL CLEAR that ALL christians would in unison of all their meanings.

Christians on this forum name calling, insulting, and disagreeing continuoslly with each other, makes it CRYSTAL CLEAR the bible is not so NON fiction as christian claim it is.

Liam

Detroit, MI

#482267 Oct 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
God's grace comes through Mary???
I'll use God's Word to contradict your post and you use whatever man made doctrine you need to support your post...ok.
Here is mine:
Romans 5:15 But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man's trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many. 16 And the free gift is not like the result of that one man's sin. For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation, but the free gift following many trespasses brought justification. 17 For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.
**Your turn Clay...lol
Yikes, looks like you're rolling up your sleeves for some bible verse warfare!
I didn't say God's grace comes through Mary. But tell me Chuck, how did the savior of mankind; God Himself manifested as one of us, arrive on this earth? Through Mary. This would make her the Holiest of arks the world has ever seen.
Michael

Canada

#482268 Oct 15, 2013
Most christians follow Jesus because their parents told them to.

Most Jews don't believe in Jesus, but follow the Torah because their parents told them to.

Most Muslims pray to Allah because their parents told them to.

....Organized religion is more about family hand me down tradition and appeasement than actually seeking any religious truth?

Michael

Canada

#482269 Oct 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael"]<qu oted text>
....many many other godmen who came long before Jesus said exactly the same thing, much of it written on the walls in the tombs of egypt. You should really learn about world relgions from the past. You will learn so much more than your slanted view you have today.
Shake off that FEAR you have.
----------
You could join up with the Hindu's who stampeded and crushed about 100 of themselves to death this week at one of their festivals. They do it every year.
Or the Muslims who hack each other's heads off...as well as anyone who believes differently than them.
These were the kinds of 'religions' that were written on the cave walls; the kinds of clans that lived in Canaan before the Jews got there. They even burned their own babies in an oven as a sacrifice to their 'god'.(God gave them 400 years to straighten up before He drove them out.)
Jesus is nothing like that sort of madness.
KayMarie
You are referring to relgious extremists. There are many Muslims in our community and I have yet to see any of them break any laws.

Didn't you or your husband say you have a close relative that is Muslim?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482271 Oct 15, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes, looks like you're rolling up your sleeves for some bible verse warfare!
I didn't say God's grace comes through Mary. But tell me Chuck, how did the savior of mankind; God Himself manifested as one of us, arrive on this earth? Through Mary. This would make her the Holiest of arks the world has ever seen.
You this this would make her the holiest of arks the world has ever seen. You base this on what?

Matt 19:16 And behold, a man came up to him, saying,“Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?” 17 And he said to him,“Why do you ask me about what is good? There is **ONLY ONE** who is good.

**I guess this contradicts your holiest of arks.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482273 Oct 15, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Everything that happened at Fatima is in the bible. Read about Fatima
I know, I posted the verse.

2 Cor 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
Michael

Canada

#482274 Oct 15, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray the rosary all the time. God knows what's in my heart. You don't.
How can you pray the rosary all the time. You are on here all the time?

If someone prays the rosary more often than you do, does God recognize them more than you?

Everyday BILLIONS and BILLIONS of prayers are offered to God wanting God to change something in their lives. Some people pray everyday wanting changes. Thats not very nice!

...People pray for everything under the sun. Praying for sick people, praying for a sunny day on their wedding, while just down the road farmers are praying for RAIN, praying to win the championship game, praying for a girlfriend/boyfriend, praying for a raise, a promotion, a new car, a new house, to lose weight, to be taller.......people pray for everything.

Is that what God is all about, a scapegoat for our own insecurities of not figuring out life ourselves?

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#482275 Oct 15, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Isaiah 8:20

20 Consult God’s instruction and the testimony of warning. If anyone does not speak ~according to this word,~ they have <NO> 'light of dawn.'
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482276 Oct 15, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>So what exactly is this Rosary thing that Catholics do? Isn't it just repetitious prayer babbling the Hail Mary? Isn't vain repetition banned by the Bible?
The Truth is that if you say your Rosary daily, and meditate on its mysteries, it will bring down many graces from heaven to you. It will strengthen you to overcome temptation, and to grow holy. It will lead you straight to heaven, and away from the devil. Saying the rosary is pondering the life of Christ with Mary, as she did in Luke 2:19. Is 15 or 20 minutes a day worth that to you? How many people do you know that say the rosary daily are lustful, angry, slothful, etc.? Habitual sin will no longer be a part of your life.
Is Mary omniscient??
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482277 Oct 15, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Everything that happened at Fatima is in the bible. Read about Fatima, there is a great book written by Sister Lucia. Well worth it.
I've got to read it!! What book?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482278 Oct 15, 2013
husker wrote

<quoted text>Your church split from mine because you didn't want to follow what Christ taught. The leaders who broke away turned their backs on Christ and have paid for it.

God raise up Martin Luther out of your own ungodly excuse of a Church.

Instead of returning to the old paths it attempted to kill Luther.

It is quite evident that He attempted to resuscitate

it's dying carcass ...but it refused a fresh breath of

air.

Now it has been dead so long it is a stench in the nostrils of God

You can hug the corpse all you wish and sing with

the composer as it decomposes...

but we that know the truth ..refuse to attend your

grave side interment.

Jud_1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
Westside Willy

Bardstown, KY

#482281 Oct 15, 2013
Troy wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you said that the Pope's statement is making you 'seriously consider leaving the church', just reinforces why it does matter whether people are Catholic, methodist, lutheran, etc. Spiritual relativsm is not new, you and those like you, who believe that the truth of what the Church teaches is somehow subject to whether you agree with it or not are exactly why the Pope is saying what he is saying. He's not saying something new, it's what the Church has ALWAYS taught! Your comments are just proving the points that the Pope made in the homily he gave at conclave before his election: http://www.oecumene.radiovaticana.org/en1/Art...
You would do well to read this and anyone else who may be guilty of "being tossed to and fro by every wave of doctrine"... Eph. 4:14
Does this mean that Martin Luther King and Ghandi never made it to heaven?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482282 Oct 15, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
“My God, I believe, I adore, I hope, and I love You. I ask forgiveness for those who do not believe, nor adore, nor hope, nor love You.”(8) After repeating this prayer three times the angel rose and said to us:“Pray in this way. The hearts of Jesus and Mary are ready to listen to you.” And he disappeared. He left us in an atmosphere of the supernatural that was so intense we were for a long time unaware of our own existence. The presence of God was so powerful and intimate that even among ourselves we could not speak. On the next day, too, this same atmosphere held us bound, and it lessened and disappeared only gradually. None of us thought of talking about this apparition or any pledge of secrecy. We were locked in silence without having willed it.
Great speech!!

Anyway...what book of the Bible can I read about Fatima?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482284 Oct 15, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
“My God, I believe, I adore, I hope, and I love You. I ask forgiveness for those who do not believe, nor adore, nor hope, nor love You.”(8) After repeating this prayer three times the angel rose and said to us:“Pray in this way. The hearts of Jesus and Mary are ready to listen to you.” And he disappeared. He left us in an atmosphere of the supernatural that was so intense we were for a long time unaware of our own existence. The presence of God was so powerful and intimate that even among ourselves we could not speak. On the next day, too, this same atmosphere held us bound, and it lessened and disappeared only gradually. None of us thought of talking about this apparition or any pledge of secrecy. We were locked in silence without having willed it.
~~~

Jesus said

Mat_8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Luk_9:60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

Your dead religious organization needs to bury it's dead...and clean out it's mausoleums..

Jesus rose from the dead on the third day...DON'T YOU KNOW..

Mat_4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Luk_4:8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

GOD STILL HATES a necromancer.
Deu 18:12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD:

READ IT FOR YOURSELF

Deu 18:9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.

Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

Deu 18:12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Deu 18:13 Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 22 Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web