Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,258)

Showing posts 465,141 - 465,160 of530,291
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Another mistake in the bible. Remember these are the inspired words of God.

How many stalls and horsemen?

1KI 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

2CH 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

Forty thousand, or four thousand??? What is the real answer?

Very poor writing I might ad, especially in the holy bible.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

God can be seen!!

......EXO 24:9,10; AMO 9:1; GEN 26:2; and JOH 14:9
God CAN be seen:

"And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts." (EXO 33:23)

"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." (EXO 33:11)

"For I HAVE seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (GEN 32:30)

God CANNOT be seen:

....."No man hath seen God at any time." (JOH 1:18)
"And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live." (EXO 33:20)

"Whom no man hath seen nor can see." (1TIM 6:16)

Can God be seen, or not seen?

Shouldn't we know the CORRECT answer to these inspired words from the holy bible?

Evidentally not!
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If they were in Jesus they would follow His teaching...they, instead, follow the teaching of the Rome piped piper...their traditions..the catechism, the maganasterium (misspelled)...
Besides...they have canned prayers...they are taught what to pray!!!!!
"Some of the most dangerous people in the world are religious zealots."
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Edited for space...
Instead of following "church history" you should follow the teaching of Christ....that is what a Christian does...
Christ said: After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me...yes or no...is the following a lie...it comes from the NABre pope approved Bible:
Church: this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God. The gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it: the netherworld (Greek Had&#275;s, the abode of the dead) is conceived of as a walled city whose gates will not close in upon the church of Jesus, i.e., it will not be overcome by the power of death.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You do add meaning to the Word of God!!!
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me...to whom is Christ praying?? To His mommie??? To Himself??? To a dead "saint"??
And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can answer my question...get back to me:
Are you saying that this is a lie???:
Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying,“Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with the price of beef in Japan????!!!!
There is no Scripture that teaches we are too "stand on the street corners" and do as the Pharisees....pray to be seen of men...
I equate the net as the street corners in Scripture..
Does your nurse know you are up and about????
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

I can be as repetitively useless as he can if I want to be as useless as he wants to be.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the,WORD got out about Him...the,Holy Spirit affected many people,that day JEW AND GENTILE.
TE,APOSTles,travelled .preached all over .
.I'm thinking your wrong on not preaching to GENTILES,.he healed
GENTILES,..
ARE YOU JEWISH..MESSIANIC???
No...but I have read the book...and it IS in there.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You never bother to get to the nitty gritty of what you want to convince me of. The Holy City of Jerusalem is a city,not a person,but a city is comprised of people who build that city. Jesus does not marry a city does He? The whole Bride of Christ is comprised of redeemed peoples who are filled with the Spirit of "God.Jesus does not marry Angels,nor is the New Jerusalem a place that holds alien beings which are not from this planet.So what is your point? We are the Bride of Christ,but the Wedding has YET to happen,so technically speaking we are engaged to Him,and many of us are in testing as to how we will be presented to Him. What is the truth about the 10 Virgins?5 had oil in their lamps,the other 5 were sloughing and lost their opportunity to get those lamps oiled in time for the arrival of the Groom.What is this OIL that was needed?
The New City of Jerusalem has to have human occupants,surely they are the redeemed of the Lord Jesus Christ,who will become His BRIDE!
Must be something in the holy water...are you guys drinking that stuff???

Jerusalem: Hierousalem, of Hebrew origin (3389); Hierusalem (i.e. Jerushalem), the capitol of Palestine:--Jerusalem.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your CRS pill...you have already said that...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Michael wrote:
Another mistake in the bible. Remember these are the inspired words of God.
How many stalls and horsemen?
1KI 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.
2CH 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.
Forty thousand, or four thousand??? What is the real answer?
Very poor writing I might ad, especially in the holy bible.
You are painting a very poor image of your intelligence...
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

What? a 3rd of born-agains do not believe Jesus Christ is the only path to Heaven.??

Latest stats also show that the born-again movement has decreased by 22% since 1976. And only 1 in 3 adults who claim to have been 'born again' believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to Heaven.

Obviously, for the evangelical, this is a major problem. If you take the Bible as a literal word for word document, and eliminate reason and logic, you are left to believe that all others are headed to hell except for the born-again believer. Well, requiring your members to be ignorant and embrace bible only has come to a head. You've driven plenty of people into atheism by incorporating forced stupidity into the Bible. Now your own members are becoming enlightened and going against age old evangelical beliefs.
Yikes!

www.christianpost.com/news/only-in-3-young-bo...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I took your advice and installed adblocker plus. it took around two minutes or less. so lets see if it works.
http://simple-adblock.com/
will not be responsible if it doesn't work but will let everyone know if it does
Good for you.
I hope it works cowboy...if not, it is another type of malware, and it appears it is quite sophisticated.
If so, you will have to hunt it down in your history and remove it.
Good luck with it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with the price of beef in Japan????!!!!
There is no Scripture that teaches we are too "stand on the street corners" and do as the Pharisees....pray to be seen of men...
I equate the net as the street corners in Scripture..
Does your nurse know you are up and about????
~~~
Yes my heavenly Father anticipates my needs...daily...

JESUS SAID

Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

Deu_10:18 He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.

Php_4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Jas_1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Sorry about your lack of wisdom..and maintenance..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
the common misconception among you and all the other fundies is that the Bible came prepared- from the Apostles- and the Roman Catholic Church deciphered the writings, thus forming a theology based upon what a group of Bishops could see, after careful study.
well, that is how the Pentecostal revival was formed. that's not how the catholic faith was formed. The Church came first and the Bible as you know it, is the product of the sacred tradition of this Church. Jesus never commanded anyone to form a Christian set on scriptures. He simply installed an authoritative teaching Magisterium. if you weren't so deliberately ignorant, you could see the Church that's still standing to this day.
Paul was preaching to Jews...not Catholics.when he spoke of traditions in both Thessaloinan epistles.....hence the definition of "tradition"..Quote: tradition: paradosis: transmission, i.e.(concretely) a precept; specially, the Jewish traditionary law:--ordinance, tradition.

But....this is either ignored by catlicks.....denied by catlicks...or not known by catlicks!!!!!

Introduction to the Book of 1 Thessalonians
The Testimony and Success of a Faithful Congregation
The Mission of the Local Church
1 Thessalonians 1:1-20
by Cooper Abrams
Introduction: 1 Thessalonians is Paul's earliest Epistles (letters) written around 51-52 AD. Paul was probably in Corinth a short time after he left Thessalonica.
1. The church at Thessalonica was founded by Paul on his 2nd missionary journey in which the Gospel was taken to Macedonia which was eastern Europe. This was a sea side Roman city, with a good harbor which made it an important trade center. After beginning the new church in Philippi, Paul went to Thessalonica and the New Testament tells us he was only there three weeks or three Jewish Sabbath days.
a. In Acts 17:1-16 Paul and Silas stopped there on his way after leaving Philippi, Berea. It was on the east coast of Macedonia between Berea and Athens. Silas was the Jew from Jerusalem who had been sent to Antioch after the Paul and Barabus went there to resolve the issue of Gentile believers eating meat from the local pagan run meat markets and eating meat with blood still in it. He was led of the Lord to be Paul's helper and traveled with him.
b. Paul, as was his practice, went to the Jewish synagogue and there he reasoned with the Jews from the Scriptures the Old Testament scriptures. In other words, Paul preached Jesus the Messiah from the Old Testament.
c. Some of the Jews believed but others, moved by jealousy opposed Paul and the Gospel. These who opposed him were Jews, self-righteous Pharisees. Although the Old Testament clearly showed Jesus to be the Christ the Messiah, they rejected Him the same as the Jewish religious leaders in Jerusalem.
-These unbelieving Jews were not satisfied just to reject the Gospel, they also wanted to destroy Paul who preached it. Some of the most dangerous people in the world are religious zealots. The Jews gathered a mob of men of dubious character, called "lewd men of a baser sort" (Acts 17:5), to destroy Paul. These were evil and vulgar men, whom the Jewish leaders had stirred up and bribed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
they are now much bolder, the ad is appearing to the right of the page
Just great...(sarcasm)...are toy familiar with malware bytes?
It is a program that seeks out and destroyes those "black holes"....but you had better know your OS very well, as you can destroy it's startup system in the process.
if a trojan miner has entered your startup process, you have to nearly rewrite it to rid it, and that requires you to be an expert programmer....and I can't help you with that from here.
Adblocker plus is am excellent program...but if your system is already compromised, it can't fix it.
An oz. of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture is not world history. Scriptures are christian belief ONLY!.
There are no writers, scribes, philosophers, statesmen, government officials, or Jews from the entire mediteranean from 4BCE to 30AD that recorded or handed down any tradition/story/miracle that there was a God man named Jesus, yet ONLY in christian scriptures it claims the crowds following Jesus were enormous, and he performed miracles for thousands, yet TOTAL silence from anyone in the entire mediteranean during this time period.
The only writings/stories/hand me down traditions came ONLY decades after this man supposedly died. Then suspiciously these writings disappeared for nearly 160 years before they ALL suspiciously appeared again at the same time and ONLY on the doorstep of the catholic fathers and no one else.
.... Imagine today for the very first time, we hear about the civil war that ended about 160 years ago? About the same amount of time lapsed after the death of Jesus (christians claim)before the christian fathers heard about the gospel writers and what they wrote for the first time.
UNBELIEVABLE!
.... Anyone can write anything about a dead man because he can't dispute anything they wrote about him.
.....very troublesome.
TO THE CATHOLICS HERE ..THIS IS WHAT I MEANT BY MY POST ..You and the ARGUMENTS AGSINST belief in Scripture

TO MICHAEL

Any other collection of writings this old ..That agree on so many things ..That hark back to even older works in their content by events
That happened ..would be hailed as great history ..

But because of FAITH at its heart it's,mocked as myth..superstition.

The words,might be in terms understood at the time ..But they are not contradictory ..despite what you say .

They explain Creation..the settling of Israel...the awaited Messiah ..believed to be so by many Jews ..
The events of His life and death..the spread of Christianity .

It's history ...written by people who believed in ONE GOD ..

And was accepted as such f or centuries,..until secularism invaded the world ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 465,141 - 465,160 of530,291
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••