Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683659 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#482169 Oct 14, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....the inspired words of God???
.....ten different Christians will come up with ten different answers to the meanings of versus in the bible, and each will think that their interpretation is correct, right? So all any Christian has to do is come up with an interpretation that sounds good. Of course each Christian will say you need to interpret correctly, and they do, but the rest did not; and on, and on! it goes. Why do you think there are so many denominations and divisions in Christianity, because every one of them believes they are interpreting correctly.
If everyone had the inspired words of God there would be NO debate on this forum. There would be no reason to.
BUSTED....again!
Find those ten born again Christians. I want to see their ten different messages in:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!!

How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!
thoroughly: completely
truth

Morley, Australia

#482170 Oct 14, 2013
jesus institute

ahhhhhhh my god
you speak about catholic church as institution
but say jesus institute

oh oh ho ho ho santa closeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
you must traveling from hot as hell from arabia toward cold in canada
did you bring big bag from india
is there any Willow in bag
for catching fish as bakalar in Norway..

see
read find
hot and cold
https://www.google.com.au/search...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#482171 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I see, so when yu put down my church and the Blessed Mother, I am supposed to ignore you? right..... Christ got angry , did you know that? there is nothing wrong with getting angry when someone degrades your faith , even when they do it *nice* like rosey, the chihuahua and you.
Hey leave my chihuahua out of this...lol she is better behave than you...ruff ruff...

Location hidden

#482172 Oct 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You can have any faith you want but don't call it Christian when you obviously worship and serve your church and not God alone.
wrong....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#482173 Oct 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>when it comes to computers and fancy phones you can talk to be till your blue in the face my mind shuts down and refuses the info.But when it comes to something I like its a differant story. lol...I will take the phone back to the store were i bought it and ask them to show me how to use it lol..( this is off topix. We're busted! lol)
Well theoretically ..no..
I know,a fine Christian man who posts only using his,phone .

And at great length about his beliefs ...on both a Chrisian and a secular thread ..

I was amazed he could use a phone ...

And no matter how they go against what he believes ..he never insults them ...

He is ,a great example ...
truth

Morley, Australia

#482175 Oct 14, 2013
how you describe that map as letter
l elich=nemoj reci
macak u vreci
macak u vreci=see tail from canada as flower
o gee

i read lots of nice funny children story
yee
its perfectly describe
come come little children
Are you for sure confe children sin
What a shame with your describe rejection of Jesus Christ?

How you call as magician hot and cold in chemistry as elements temperature too.

Location hidden

#482176 Oct 14, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray the rosary all the time. God knows what's in my heart. You don't.
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions (to prate tediously), as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

But...what the heck....da pope say it be awright!!!!
Clay

Detroit, MI

#482178 Oct 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay "
"If the Eucharist that Jesus instituted was just a meal, then Calvary was just an execution. But if Jesus instituted the Eucharist to be the Passover of the New Covenant, then it had to involve both sacrifice AND communion, as did the old covenant Passover"
From Scott Hahns book: "Consuming the Word: The Eucharist and the New Testament in the Early Church"
The Eucharist is found in all 73 Books of the Bible- in some way, shape or form. Its the pinnacle of the Christian faith. Its a barrier against any fundie who tries to convince us our faith is wrong. He abides in we and we in him. We partook in it, oldjg.(My emphasis){{{{{{{{{ We didn't read and study it in order to believe. We ate it.))))))))) Got it? Your assault on the Eucharist is in vain.
----------
Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
KayMarie
Please Kay, those verses you posted have nothing to do with counter arguing the Eucharist. Its a sin to misuse sacred scripture like that. You cited 3 verses with the hope of undoing a hundred others. Impossible.

Location hidden

#482180 Oct 14, 2013
Peter Paul and Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
CatholicBridge.com :
Repetitious prayers?
Some Evangelicals think the verse, "Do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do" (Mat 6:7 - NRSV) condemns repetitious prayers. But let's look at it. The key words here are "empty" and "Gentiles." The Gentiles prayed to pagan Gods, their prayers were empty, insincere and blasphemous. The verse is a condemnation of empty prayers to pagan gods. I don't think this passage is a condemnation of repetition. The Greek word is "Battologeo", which comes from "Battos," a stammerer. Someone who stutters or uses meaningless syllables. This would apply much more to "speaking in tongues" than repeating a great prayer.
The word "repetition" is not mentioned in most translations of the verse. One could "heap up" empty "free form" praises (that don't repeat) as easily as one could "heap up" a repeating phrase from Scripture. The crucial thing is not whether a phrase repeats, but rather whether it is sincere.
Two verses later Jesus gives us the Lord's Prayer (Mat 6:9). This is a main prayer in Catholic prayer life. It is neither empty or pagan. It is Holy and honorable and worth repeating because it has meaning.
Are not many of the beautiful traditional Protestant hymns repetitious? What about the repetition of "Praise God" during free form worship in Assemblies? Even the angels are eternally in the presence of God repeating "Holy, Holy, Holy (Rev 4:8). This is not empty nor pagan is it? It pleases God. When I do the Rosary, I'm sincere. I'm saying very meaningful prayers that come from Scripture. I think this makes Jesus immensely happy and He has given me the experience of his love consistently during the Rosary to prove it.
Jesus is not and never was ashamed of the reverence given to His Mother. If you are ashamed and think that it takes away from our Glory to God, then it is your own human ideals of what God has inspired us to exalt of all that is holy and worthy of being venerated. My honoring Mary the Mother of Jesus, and therefore the Mother of God (if you believe in who and what is the Holy Trinity) honors God Himself. That is my belief, it has always been and will always be. Neither you nor anyone on this thread can take that away from me. That is where I find comfort and joy. No matter what you say or what any (non Christian or non Catholic says) will ever take away my faith that the Holy Spirit has bestowed upon my very being and soul.
repetition: battologeo, from Battos (a proverbial stammerer) and 3056; to stutter, i.e.(by implication) to prate tediously:--use vain repetitions.

As in the rosary....repeating...over and over..the same prayer to the dead and buried handmaiden of the Lord..
truth

Morley, Australia

#482181 Oct 14, 2013
Did you see any man with long coat on back as zig zag but have monkey or cage over.

How you will drove that ghost on geometric way?

As every train and every port ..
as ghostly travel..

Why travel?

see
How many astro space have
atmosphere stratosphere troposphere..

Why choose allwayes hot or tropo climate?

Now I am going in combodge must be there he have
house as smrk maciji brk as brkove up house..i start describe on my way from tiny things to find big way geometric circle or secret way.

What say confe
7 lamp
ah yes

see that direction from 25/25 75 traangle madagaskar toward jakarta over

25/25 madagaskar toward jakarta and north chine sea toward yellow sea korea tokyo toward toward artic ocean betwen russia and alaska

see your lamps jaaaaaaaaa

your direction

did you see man with long coat on zig zag on back yee with monkey or about what cage as cylinder with cocky..traveler

as astro
atmosphere stratosphere troposphere

jep

why hot region
combodja as smrk maciji brk up house
i describe that house yee

now why someone liked travel on tropic hot whether gas..o yee...

Astro are you study metaphysics?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482182 Oct 14, 2013
who="Husker Du" <quoted text> You three have harassed me. Yes, its against Topix rules. another thing, you are not supposed to use your real name of your self or anyone else, its against Topix TOS.

----------
Whose 'real name' are you talking about?

I didn't harass you...but I did say that you should not harass anyone else.

I pray that all goes well with you.

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#482183 Oct 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Hey leave my chihuahua out of this...lol she is better behave than you...ruff ruff...
SERA,

You sound like my hubby if I say his,fog misbehave ..Lol

Now that's a pair ..She lives under his,recliner ..Lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#482185 Oct 14, 2013
Dog ..not fog

Lol

Location hidden

#482186 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You three have harassed me. Yes, its against Topix rules. another thing, you are not supposed to use your real name of your self or anyone else, its against Topix TOS.
I didnt know you couldnt use your real name?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#482187 Oct 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus replied, "The Scriptures say,'You must worship the LORD your God and serve only him.'"
A "LORD" is NOT an Elohim nor the El. They are distinctly different.
You are worshiping a "lesser" god....but do as you will.

Location hidden

#482188 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You three, rose sera and yourself are harrasing me and I am going to let Topix know
Dont forget to tell them how you harass Rose...
truth

Morley, Australia

#482189 Oct 14, 2013
long coat on zig zag on back with monkey on top of arm or cylinder cage with cocky..

Thanks God I am quick thinker.

Depend how you think or react on that whom am I!
see
Dear God
Its from God hide aha yes but who search or knock knock will find.
Please tell me dear God
Did I drove corect direction or similar..lamp.

ON 5april 85'
i walk between my people as oce nas=our father in hand within hand with my tears and prayers
i see poor neglectet fratar front of church ..childreen calling him
o Mateeee ..ja gr brr he say with anger..go go he say
then stop..he did not say nothing to me..no

you are good you can past
he told me
don't be affraid from this overwealming young crowds..

to you my brothers and sisters
from far away land oceanija
oce nas i pray like that
on that day 28 years ago

Why ants have colony?
Who is head of colony?

i don't liked wrote secrets here no
but exist

Thanks god I am quick thinker!
Jesus Christ say
i am going where you can't go
but i will you send

divine warning
person who is greedy don't have divine warning
lust and greed alwys stay within them ..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Location hidden

#482190 Oct 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>know where you are coming from.I borrowed my daughters and was receiving calls but I couldn't talk. gave it back to her.
mine is a "clam shell" type with an antennae. probably built during the War. the Civil War, that is.
Aaaahahahahah!

Location hidden

#482191 Oct 14, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The first half of the Hail Mary is taken right from scripture. When you pray, do you only read prayers verbatim from the bible?
How does "scripture" teach you to pray..."Our father, who are in heaven, Hallowed be thy name...thy kingdom come...thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven... Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us....Lead us not into temptation...for thine is the power and the glory forever."
That is what Jesus said is the only prayer that is of any importance.
Do you know why?
BTW there is NO Mary mentioned...do you know why?
I will tell you about the "Mary" part...Thou shall hold no others before me...simple as that...
Now figure the other out for yourself, lest I should have to embarrass you even more.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482192 Oct 14, 2013
who="Husker Du" <quoted text>You three, rose sera and yourself are harrasing me and I am going to let Topix know

----------
You used Roseez own confession against her, but when you get called on it, you suddenly become the wounded party.

Tell topix...just remember that they can read.

I wish you no harm...but I don't wish harm for Rose, either.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... 4 hr seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Wed Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web