Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665075 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#482136 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Well I stand up for my rosary. Deal with it. YOU' RE VERY NASTY, AND REMEMBER I CAN DISH IT OUT PRETTY GOOD.I think satan is proud of you, Now, what about YOU hands ...Where have your hands been?
The rosary??? LOL LOL LOL What a joke. Beads??? LOL LOL LOL

Roman Catholics pray repetitive words with Rosary Beads that were first invented in 1090 AD, by "Peter the Hermit" and made popular by St. Dominic in 1208 AD. Roman Catholics believe that Mary appeared to St. Dominic in 1208 AD, at the church of Prouille and revealed the Rosary Beads to him. From this time, Roman Catholics prayed 15 sets of 10 consecutive "hail Marys" in a row (150 times), in the Rosary. However, in 2003 AD, Pope John Paul added a new set of Mysteries, so now it is 20 sets of 10 "Hail Marys",(200 times in the Rosary, in total.) Catholics will vainly appeal to Psalm 136 that alternates the same phrase 26 times with 26 different blessings God gives us. It is not 26 in a row as with the rosary! This is also a song, not a prayer. Revelation 4:8 has "angels singing" not "men praying".

Roman Catholics borrowed the idea of praying with beads from the pagan religions who were already using them hundreds of years before. In 456 AD, Hindus introduced the concept of praying with beads to the world. The earliest reference to a rosary (boberkhas) is in their "Jain Canon" (456 AD) These boberkhas had various numbers of beads 6,9,12,18,36 (any sub-multiple of 108) Islam (610 AD) uses a rosary of 99 beads, one for each of the names of God. Buddhists have 108 prayer beads on the string. The Rosary is of pagan origin and no Christian prior to 1000 AD used beads to pray.
truth

Morley, Australia

#482137 Oct 14, 2013
Don't believe in corupt ow-full accusers lawyers judges police teachers ministers media and deference corupt organization..no
I never put trust within them as never will be from my personal side..no.
I am some as I always be myself in my life does meter over my suffering or my hardship..i am some i don't liked change myself toward evil people who hurt others for money pride privileged power and so on..no.

by
truth

Morley, Australia

#482139 Oct 14, 2013
i choose suffer for my son..i become 48 kg..maybe less i suffring with my son trough pregnency and first 2.5 years his age..no i don't choose abortion..no i don't wanted kill him..definitly not..i put my life on boder line many many many many times..i trully been in that situation.

If I am not be Catholic or belive in mother mary and jesus ..
I have some parents who suffer too..i been bless with them..you are not bless to be rich with money
you are bless with your inner self your spirit your soul.

I except suffering with my kids my family and my people too.

Its so horrible have nation 1260 year long history suffering.

believe in yourself not others..no
Clay

Detroit, MI

#482141 Oct 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The rosary??? LOL LOL LOL What a joke. Beads??? LOL LOL LOL
Roman Catholics pray repetitive words with Rosary Beads that were first invented in 1090 AD, by "Peter the Hermit" and made popular by St. Dominic in 1208 AD. Roman Catholics believe that Mary appeared to St. Dominic in 1208 AD, at the church of Prouille and revealed the Rosary Beads to him. From this time, Roman Catholics prayed 15 sets of 10 consecutive "hail Marys" in a row (150 times), in the Rosary. However, in 2003 AD, Pope John Paul added a new set of Mysteries, so now it is 20 sets of 10 "Hail Marys",(200 times in the Rosary, in total.) Catholics will vainly appeal to Psalm 136 that alternates the same phrase 26 times with 26 different blessings God gives us. It is not 26 in a row as with the rosary! This is also a song, not a prayer. Revelation 4:8 has "angels singing" not "men praying".
Roman Catholics borrowed the idea of praying with beads from the pagan religions who were already using them hundreds of years before. In 456 AD, Hindus introduced the concept of praying with beads to the world. The earliest reference to a rosary (boberkhas) is in their "Jain Canon" (456 AD) These boberkhas had various numbers of beads 6,9,12,18,36 (any sub-multiple of 108) Islam (610 AD) uses a rosary of 99 beads, one for each of the names of God. Buddhists have 108 prayer beads on the string. The Rosary is of pagan origin and no Christian prior to 1000 AD used beads to pray.
I know how you're an advocate of truth (lol) but you should avoid those cult pamphlet websites. As I showed you a couple weeks ago (but do not have the link available at the moment). Prayer beads have nothing to do with a 'pagan religion thing'. In Catholicism, beads were first used by illiterate laity who followed along with the Monks of the Catholic Church who recited the psalms daily. The laity could not read the psalms, so they quietly followed along using beads and substituting the Lords prayer while the Monks read the psalms. Obviously, this conflicted with your pre determined opinion that it needed to be a pagan thing. So you conveniently ignored the truth you were presented. Typical of the fundie.
truth

Morley, Australia

#482142 Oct 14, 2013
i experience evil people and evil friends and evil justice too over myself

i don't believe in them not at all

i don't trust them even when they tell me sorry no
truth

Morley, Australia

#482146 Oct 14, 2013
God is omnipotent..you can't hide nothing.
no

Jesus Christ know your enemy with great envy and lust.

who is thirsty over righteousness yee

you liked be rich have money privileged and so on..for exchange of your soul
on the end you going lose everything..
yepppppppppppppppppp

i told you in light your god will stand by what you have your pure inner..not how accusers try set up or how someone judge you..

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

n
truth

Morley, Australia

#482147 Oct 14, 2013
they will offer miracle like never before ..its part of evil game Lucifer is been angel who watch creation..but fall
yeeeeeeeeeeeee

i told you the will offer to you miracle like never before..in order to destroy you its very easy way toward total destruction..
yee
you don't need pray what is before been deceived and posses..
yee

i told you
don't lift up your soul in vain
its everything what someone want..

say no

you don't have me for that
noooooooooooooo

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482148 Oct 14, 2013
who="Husker Du" <quoted text>So what exactly is this Rosary thing that Catholics do? Isn't it just repetitious prayer babbling the Hail Mary? Isn't vain repetition banned by the Bible?
The Truth is that if you say your Rosary daily, and meditate on its mysteries, it will bring down many graces from heaven to you. It will strengthen you to overcome temptation, and to grow holy. It will lead you straight to heaven, and away from the devil. Saying the rosary is pondering the life of Christ with Mary, as she did in Luke 2:19. Is 15 or 20 minutes a day worth that to you? How many people do you know that say the rosary daily are lustful, angry, slothful, etc.? Habitual sin will no longer be a part of your life.

----------
It sounds wonderful, Husker, but it doesn't seem to have made your comments sweeter.

May you grow in the knowledge of Him...

KayMarie
Clay

Detroit, MI

#482149 Oct 14, 2013
"If the Eucharist that Jesus instituted was just a meal, then Calvary was just an execution. But if Jesus instituted the Eucharist to be the Passover of the New Covenant, then it had to involve both sacrifice AND communion, as did the old covenant Passover"

From Scott Hahns book: "Consuming the Word: The Eucharist and the New Testament in the Early Church"

The Eucharist is found in all 73 Books of the Bible- in some way, shape or form. Its the pinnacle of the Christian faith. Its a barrier against any fundie who tries to convince us our faith is wrong. He abides in we and we in him. We partook in it, oldjg. We didn't read and study it in order to believe. We ate it. Got it? Your assault on the Eucharist is in vain.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#482153 Oct 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>It would be esyer for me to mail it to you you turn it on and mail it back...lol
Hahahahah!
NOW ya sound jist like my sis.
You should go to the agent where you bought your phone and have him explain it all to you -Person to person...Oh... tell him you are thinking about buying a more expensive phone, but you want to try the Internet option out on this one first. He will be the most helpful person in the world at that point!
I do that to them and my insurance agent all the time...but I drop full payment(in cash) and they know it...they just love me to "death". I never have to do anything...they do it all, and hand me the phone or papers and I'm set to go...at a discount always...LOL!
truth

Morley, Australia

#482154 Oct 14, 2013
jaa if you can't bread you know you never know what they give you even with euh bread yee..
angels of light can appier some in some condition sweech off as many god many priest..yepp

in that case take peace of bacen slanina with sumpor then smuch=eat eat..
jaaaaaa

its going run away
sumpor and hell are some place..

o don't worry what others say or think

if someone
as nightmare victimize you
remember
sumpor is good for them where they comefrom

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#482155 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>So what exactly is this Rosary thing that Catholics do? Isn't it just repetitious prayer babbling the Hail Mary? Isn't vain repetition banned by the Bible?
The Truth is that if you say your Rosary daily, and meditate on its mysteries, it will bring down many graces from heaven to you. It will strengthen you to overcome temptation, and to grow holy. It will lead you straight to heaven, and away from the devil. Saying the rosary is pondering the life of Christ with Mary, as she did in Luke 2:19. Is 15 or 20 minutes a day worth that to you? How many people do you know that say the rosary daily are lustful, angry, slothful, etc.? Habitual sin will no longer be a part of your life.
You make it seem like catholics dont sin...we knew this man who was catholic and he went to church every morning before work and got comunion then went to work. He worked with my husband. Well, this man was the biggest womanizer and cheated on his wife of 35 years.He would confess his sins to my husband cuz he trusted him. Dont know if he ever told his priest.Well, his wife died and he remarried a few months after her death. I guess 35 years of marriage was easy to forget.My point is...I know their are Catholics that are devout Catholics, My mother and grandmother were very devout Catholics,but you make it seem like ALL CATHOLICS are perfect Christians which we all know your not. We are all humans...this is not an attack on your church.

Location hidden

#482156 Oct 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Or on the screen
..on starting up .
A,picture,..something ..internet should be right there .
At least on Windows,phone,or IPhone
Ya. It may say firefox or something...but it's there.

Location hidden

#482157 Oct 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Judged:
[Incendiary]
[Racy]
[Nuts]
StarC wrote:
Q.
Did Our Lord write any part of the New Testament or command His Apostles to do so?
A.
"Our Lord Himself never wrote a line, nor is there any record that He ordered his Apostles to write; He did command them to teach and to preach. Also He to Whom all power was given in Heaven and on earth (Matt. 28-18) promised to give them the Holy Spirit (John 14-26) and to be with them Himself till the end of the world (Mat. 28-20).
COMMENT: If reading the Bible were a necessary means of salvation, Our Lord would have made that statement and also provided the necessary means for his followers."
FIRST CHRISTIAN
CALLED CATHOLICS
LISTENED TO THE WORD AT MASS.
~~~
WORD OF WHAT ..WORD FROM WHERE ...THE VATICAN, THE POPE?
NOT THE WORD OF GOD
You make us all understand why the Roman Catholics hate the Bible..
MATTHEW 16:13-19 MAKES YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS OUT TO BE LIARS...
IT DOES NOT SAY WHAT YOU LIARS SAY IT SAYS...
JESUS HERE MAKES NO MENTION OF A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
A POPE
IMMACULATE CONCEPTION
HOLY ASSUMPTION..
PERPETUAL VIRGINITY OF MARY..
A ROSARY
NOR ANY OF THE OTHER HEATHEN LIES THAT YOU TEACH..
HERE IT IS ...READ IT AND ADMIT YOU ARE LIARS...ON GOD YET...
Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
THEN KNOW THAT
Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
~~~
WHY DO YOU JUDGE THE WORD OF GOD AS
YOU JUDGED MY POST
Judged:
[Incendiary]
[Racy]
[Nuts]
GOD WILL JUDGE YOU ...
AND HIS JUDGMENT WILL BE JUST,,,
Well, it better be, or your gonna be read'n about another war in the heavens!

Location hidden

#482158 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You don't love Christ enough to die for Him? I get a kick at of you and that sera poster, you insult others quite a lot in fact. You post as if you are better than others. And yes , you are very anti Catholic. You threw your faith away for one that isn't perfect or beautiful and is marred by falsehoods.Now answer my question I asked you.
You have no right to make a claim such as Rose not loving Christ enough to die for him.it is catholics like you that turn people against your church. You need to become less arrogant and more compassionate if you want to bring people to your church.You must think your a very important person to demand Rose answer you..she owes you nothing! She answers to God not you!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#482159 Oct 14, 2013

The Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist

The doctrine of the Real Presence asserts that in the Holy Eucharist, Jesus is literally and wholly present—body and blood, soul and divinity—under the appearances of bread and wine. Evangelicals and Fundamentalists frequently attack this doctrine as "unbiblical," but the Bible is forthright in declaring it (cf. 1 Cor. 10:16–17, 11:23–29; and, most forcefully, John 6:32–71).

The early Church Fathers interpreted these passages literally. In summarizing the early Fathers’ teachings on Christ’s Real Presence, renowned Protestant historian of the early Church J. N. D. Kelly, writes: "Eucharistic teaching, it should be understood at the outset, was in general unquestioningly realist, i.e., the consecrated bread and wine were taken to be, and were treated and designated as, the Savior’s body and blood" (Early Christian Doctrines, 440).

From the Church’s early days, the Fathers referred to Christ’s presence in the Eucharist. Kelly writes: "Ignatius roundly declares that ...[t]he bread is the flesh of Jesus, the cup his blood. Clearly he intends this realism to be taken strictly, for he makes it the basis of his argument against the Docetists’ denial of the reality of Christ’s body.... Irenaeus teaches that the bread and wine are really the Lord’s body and blood. His witness is, indeed, all the more impressive because he produces it quite incidentally while refuting the Gnostic and Docetic rejection of the Lord’s real humanity" (ibid., 197–98).

"Hippolytus speaks of ‘the body and the blood’ through which the Church is saved, and Tertullian regularly describes the bread as ‘the Lord’s body.’ The converted pagan, he remarks,‘feeds on the richness of the Lord’s body, that is, on the Eucharist.’ The realism of his theology comes to light in the argument, based on the intimate relation of body and soul, that just as in baptism the body is washed with water so that the soul may be cleansed, so in the Eucharist ‘the flesh feeds upon Christ’s body and blood so that the soul may be filled with God.’ Clearly his assumption is that the Savior’s body and blood are as real as the baptismal water. Cyprian’s attitude is similar. Lapsed Christians who claim communion without doing penance, he declares,‘do violence to his body and blood, a sin more heinous against the Lord with their hands and mouths than when they denied him.’ Later he expatiates on the terrifying consequences of profaning the sacrament, and the stories he tells confirm that he took the Real Presence literally" (ibid., 211–12).

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482160 Oct 14, 2013
who="Clay "
"If the Eucharist that Jesus instituted was just a meal, then Calvary was just an execution. But if Jesus instituted the Eucharist to be the Passover of the New Covenant, then it had to involve both sacrifice AND communion, as did the old covenant Passover"
From Scott Hahns book: "Consuming the Word: The Eucharist and the New Testament in the Early Church"
The Eucharist is found in all 73 Books of the Bible- in some way, shape or form. Its the pinnacle of the Christian faith. Its a barrier against any fundie who tries to convince us our faith is wrong. He abides in we and we in him. We partook in it, oldjg.(My emphasis){{{{{{{{{ We didn't read and study it in order to believe. We ate it.))))))))) Got it? Your assault on the Eucharist is in vain.

----------
Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#482161 Oct 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahah!
NOW ya sound jist like my sis.
You should go to the agent where you bought your phone and have him explain it all to you -Person to person...Oh... tell him you are thinking about buying a more expensive phone, but you want to try the Internet option out on this one first. He will be the most helpful person in the world at that point!
I do that to them and my insurance agent all the time...but I drop full payment(in cash) and they know it...they just love me to "death". I never have to do anything...they do it all, and hand me the phone or papers and I'm set to go...at a discount always...LOL!
They also WANT you using their data,unless it's,unlimited ...so they will happily show,you how,..But they DO NOT tell you how,to hook it up
TO your WI-FI...Lol

Location hidden

#482162 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Attack? that's a strong word. I am standing up for my faith, and if you think that's attacking you , well you have a problem and need to see someone about it. You really are like the devil, he moves and talks on the sly, like you do. he gets one poster to gang up on another, kinda like what you and that confrinting person and of corse rosey does.
Your funny...you are a very poor example for your church.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#482164 Oct 14, 2013
. The Eucharist

"Take note of those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ which has come to us, and see how contrary their opinions are to the mind of God.... They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again. They who deny the gift of God are perishing in their disputes" (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6:2–7:1 [A.D. 110]).

Justin Martyr

"We call this food Eucharist, and no one else is permitted to partake of it, except one who believes our teaching to be true and who has been washed in the washing which is for the remission of sins and for regeneration [i.e., has received baptism] and is thereby living as Christ enjoined. For not as common bread nor common drink do we receive these; but since Jesus Christ our Savior was made incarnate by the word of God and had both flesh and blood for our salvation, so too, as we have been taught, the food which has been made into the Eucharist by the Eucharistic prayer set down by him, and by the change of which our blood and flesh is nurtured.

Clement of Alexandria

"’Eat my flesh,’[Jesus] says,‘and drink my blood.’ The Lord supplies us with these intimate nutrients, he delivers over his flesh and pours out his blood, and nothing is lacking for the growth of his children" (The Instructor of Children 1:6:43:3 [A.D. 191]).

Tertullian

"[T]here is not a soul that can at all procure salvation, except it believe whilst it is in the flesh, so true is it that the flesh is the very condition on which salvation hinges. And since the soul is, in consequence of its salvation, chosen to the service of God, it is the flesh which actually renders it capable of such service. The flesh, indeed, is washed [in baptism], in order that the soul may be cleansed ... the flesh is shadowed with the imposition of hands [in confirmation], that the soul also may be illuminated by the Spirit; the flesh feeds [in the Eucharist] on the body and blood of Christ, that the soul likewise may be filled with God" (The Resurrection of the Dead 8 [A.D. 210]).

Proverbs [A.D. 217]).

Origen

"Formerly there was baptism in an obscure way ... now, however, in full view, there is regeneration in water and in the Holy Spirit. Formerly, in an obscure way, there was manna for food; now, however, in full view, there is the true food, the flesh of the Word of God, as he himself says:‘My flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink’[John 6:55]" (Homilies on Numbers 7:2 [A.D. 248]).

. Cyril of Jerusalem

"The bread and the wine of the Eucharist before the holy invocation of the adorable Trinity were simple bread and wine, but the invocation having

Ambrose of Milan

"Perhaps you may be saying,‘I see something else; how can you assure me that I am receiving the body of Christ?’ It but remains for us to prove it. And how many are the examples we might use!... Christ is in that sacrament, because it is the body of Christ" (The Mysteries 9:50, 58 [A.D. 390]).

Augustine

"Christ was carried in his own hands when, referring to his own body, he said,‘This is my body’[Matt. 26:26]. For he carried that body in his hands" (Explanations of the Psalms 33:1:10 [A.D. 405]).

"I promised you [new Christians], who have now been baptized, a sermon in which I would explain the sacrament of the Lord’s Table.... That bread which you see on the altar, having been sanctified by the word of God, is the body of Christ. That chalice, or rather, what is in that chalice, having been sanctified by the word of God, is the blood of Christ" (Sermons 227 [A.D. 411]).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... 21 hr Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Wed Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,376
News Pope Francis confers Ratzinger Prizes, pays tri... Nov 29 narako 1
News Opening abortion forgiveness wins praise for Po... Nov 28 GlitterSucks in H... 1
More from around the web