Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,197
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#481659 Oct 12, 2013

TRUE CHURCH and BIBLE
TRUE CHURCH
Catholic Church History Facts
When did the Church established by Jesus Christ get the name Catholic?
Christ left the adoption of a name for His Church to those whom he commissioned to teach all nations. Christ called the spiritual society He established, "My Church" (Mt. xvi, 18), "the Church" (Mt. xviii, 17).
In order to have a distinction between the Church and the Synagogue and to have a distinguishing name from those embracing Judaic and Gnostic errors we find St. Ignatius (50-107 AD) using the Greek word "Katholicos" (universal) to describe the universality of the Church established by Christ. St. Ignatius was appointed Bishop of Antioch by St. Peter, the Bishop of Rome. It is in his writings that we find the word Catholic used for the first time. St. Augustine, when speaking about the Church of Christ, calls it the Catholic Church 240 times in his writings.
St. Ignatius of Antioch, disciple of the Apostle John, concerning the heretics of his day wrote: "They have abstained from the Eucharist and prayer, because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Savior Jesus Christ."
St. Justin Martyr, another Church Father of the second century wrote: "This food is known among us as the Eucharist... We do not receive these things as common bread and common drink; but as Jesus Christ our Savior, being made flesh by the Word of God."
"Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has life everlasting and I will raise Him up on the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed" (John 6:54-56) "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" they argued.(John 6:53) "And whilst they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke: and gave to his disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat. THIS IS MY BODY. And taking the chalice, he gave thanks, and gave to them, saying: Drink ye all of this. FOR THIS IS MY BLOOD." (cf. Matt. 26:26-28; Mark 14:22-24; Luke 22:19-20).
In the most unequivocal language the Apostles affirmed that the bread and wine duly consecrated on the altar did in fact become the actual Substance of the Savior. Declared the Apostle Paul: "The chalice of benediction which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? And the bread which we break, is it not the partaking of the body of the Lord?" (1 Cor. 10:16)
....Receive ye the Holy Ghost. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." (John 20:19-23). "Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven." (Matt. 18:18) "Take heed to yourselves, and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God ..." (Acts. 20:28) "And when they had ordained to them priests in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, in whom they believed." (Acts 14:22). " He that heareth you, heareth me; and he that despiseth you, despiseth me; and he that despiseth me, despiseth Him that sent me." - Luke 10:16
Catholic Church is the church most united in Christ. The spectacle of one billion Catholics, three-fifths of all professed Christians, perfectly, indomitably united in belief, in organization, and in worship - the historical fact that Catholics, consistently the largest body of Christians in the world, have always been thus perfectly united - was evidence nobody can not ignore. Here is the unity of Bible prophecy - nowhere else on the Christian scene was there a unity nearly so compact, nearly so long-lived. Nowhere else on the Christian scene was there a unity so obviously permanent.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#481660 Oct 12, 2013
The Pillar and Foundation of the Truth (CCC 148-580) Church Fathers--(I Timothy 3:15)
One of the most important Ė and consequently most attacked Ė doctrines of the Catholic Church is the doctrine concerning the Church herself. The view that the Church is visible, hierarchical, authoritative and possessed of ďall truthĒ forms a key understanding of all other Catholic doctrines. It is the Church who administers the sacraments, which are the ordinary means of salvation and grace. It is the Church who wrote the Bible and only the Church who can correctly interpret Sacred Scripture.
This article will show how the Catholic apologist can defend the Catholic doctrines and refute the anti-Catholic views concerning the Church. Note that many of these positions rely on simple, direct logic Ė a Church which possesses certain characteristics must possess others. Just as a building which possesses a roof must have rooms which possess ceilings, so must a Church which is authoritative be visible, for example.
Did Christ want a Church at all?
Although Saint Paul speaks of the Church as the ďpillar and foundation of the truthĒ in I Timothy 3:15 (a passage which clearly shows that he considered the Church to be massively important) did Jesus want to found a Church? Scripture makes it clear that He did.
In Matthew 16:18-19 Jesus says that He will build His Church Ė this very clear! Later on, Jesus speaks of the Church again in Matthew 18:17-18. Jesus constantly tells the apostles to go out and spread the Gospel Ė Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-16 Ė why would He do this if He did not wish to found some sort of community? This community is called the Church Ė and these Scriptures prove that Jesus intended to found one. Other Scriptures, logic and common sense will show that Jesus intended to found Ė and did found Ė a Church which has all the characteristics of the Catholic Church and is, therefore, the Catholic Church.
The Authoritative Church
One of the major objections to the claims that the Church makes regarding herself is that she alone has authority to interpret God's word in the Bible, and indeed to formally what the Christian religion is when it is revealed to her by the Holy Spirit. Many people who react badly to this are simply having a problem with any form of authority, and consider that there is an invisible church rather than the visible one Christ actually founded.
However, Scripture is clear that the Church has authority Ė in Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus delegates His power to the apostles. The authority to perform specific acts is given in other passages Ė John 20:23 (the power to forgive sin), I Corinthians 11:23-24 (the power to offer sacrifice, the Eucharist), Luke 10:16 (the power to speak with Christ's voice), Matthew 18:18 (the power to legislate) and Matthew 18:17 (the power to discipline). The Church is referred to over 30 times in the New Testament.
From a perspective of pure common sense and logic, what would be the point of founding a Church (which Christ clearly wanted to do) without giving her authority? If the Church has no power, what then, what is she? She is simply a collection of believers with no power to enforce laws or discipline those who are dissident Ė anyone could claim to be a member of her even if they denied all the tenets of her laws and beliefs! Organizations logically require authority over their members and authority to determine what the criteria for membership are; otherwise they are not organizations at all, but simply a label without a clear definition.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#481661 Oct 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know sis...It's comical as hell sometimes...ain't it?
LOL!
Sorry if my language is offending here...but damn, I can't figger a way ta put in any plainer terms...
I never figured that adding expletives (such as you have used

above)made things plainer...or added any power to what one says...

Such words might tend to satisfy the emotional needs (anger) of

the one who speaks/post them. but otherwise they are needless

garbage.

They taint what could have been a wholesome dialogue.

Jesus said

Mat_5:37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for

whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

Psa_119:72 The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.

Pro_10:20 The tongue of the just is as choice silver: the heart of the wicked is little worth.

Pro_25:11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Pro_25:11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

#481662 Oct 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why...because you know I speak the truth... That is why....
TRUTH BRINGS FREEDOM...

ARE YOU FREE?

JESUS SAID

Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

DOES WHAT YOUR COMMUNICATION EDIFY?

DOES IT MINISTER GRACE?

Eph_4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
foretold

AOL

#481663 Oct 12, 2013

coming Global Awakening_______

#481664 Oct 12, 2013
WHERE WILL YOU SPEND ETERNITY?

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Iíll live on,

íTis a sweet and glorious thoít that comes to me,
Iíll live on, yes, Iíll live on;
Jesus saved my soul from death, and now Iím free,
Iíll live on, yes, Iíll live on.

Refrain

Thru eternity Iíll live on;
Iíll live on, yes, Iíll live on,
IN eternity Iíll live on.

When my bodyís slumbíring in the cold, cold clay,
There to sleep in Jesus till the judgment day,

Refrain

When the worldís on fire and darkness veils the sun,
Men will cry and to the rocks and mountains run,

Refrain

In the glory-land, with Jesus on the throne,
Thru eternal ages singing, home, sweet home,

Refrain

~~~

1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

1Th 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and

so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#481665 Oct 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I agree....but I dont see him as a heathen...I see him as a human being....
Ok. I get that ..But HE sees,himself as,one ..

A,non believer ..But still a,loved child of the,Creator ..

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#481666 Oct 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No need for tears sis...I'n jist a dingo that's been down a hard road is all...and I require a lot more than nonsensical rhetoric ta justify it all.
I hope ya can see it for the truth show here.
I ain''t knock'n yer religion...i'm look'n for "truth" in it...and so far, I ain't found any at all...
I pray seriously do hat you feel the,HOLY Spirit sometime,in your travels,.

Who knows,..That maybe what brought you Here,.

From what I've heard,Manu of he,great,Christians,..C S LEWIS,fir one..came at Faith through skepticism

His book
MERE,CHRISTIANITY..might be,something to look at, if you are,truly searching :)

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#481667 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
TRUE CHURCH and BIBLE
TRUE CHURCH
Christ left the adoption of a name for His Church to those whom he commissioned to teach all nations. Christ called the spiritual society He established, "My Church" (Mt. xvi, 18), "the Church" (Mt. xviii, 17).
In order to have a distinction between the Church and the Synagogue and to have a distinguishing name from those embracing Judaic and Gnostic errors we find St. Ignatius (50-107 AD) using the Greek word "Katholicos" (universal) to describe the universality of the Church established by Christ. St. Ignatius was appointed Bishop of Antioch by St. Peter, the Bishop of Rome. It is in his writings that we find the word Catholic used for the first time. St. Augustine, when speaking about the Church of Christ, calls it the Catholic Church 240 times in his writings.
St. Ignatius of Antioch, disciple of the Apostle John, concerning the heretics of his day wrote: "They have abstained from the Eucharist and prayer, because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Savior Jesus Christ."
St. Justin Martyr, another Church Father of the second century wrote: "This food is known among us as the Eucharist... We do not receive these things as common bread and common drink; but as Jesus Christ our Savior, being made flesh by the Word of God."
"Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He who eats my f
....Receive ye the Holy Ghost. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." (John 20:19-23). "Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven." (Matt. 18:18) "Take heed to yourselves, and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God ..." (Acts. 20:28) "And when they had ordained to them priests in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, in whom they believed." (Acts 14:22). " He that heareth you, hear
Catholic Church is the church most united in Christ. The spectacle of one billion Catholics, three-fifths of all professed Christians, perfectly, indomitably united in belief, in organization, and in worship - the historical fact that Catholics, consistently the largest body of Christians in the world, have always been thus perfectly united - was evidence nobody can not ignore. Here is the unity of Bible prophecy - nowhere else on the Christian scene was there a unity nearly so compact, nearly so long-lived. Nowhere else on the Christian scene was there a unity so obviously permanent.
Ok HOJO
TRYING TO UNDERSTAND ..as,I learned,this,too ..I'm NOT trying to put the CHURCH down .just asking

Jesus,Said,do this,in remembrance .
're enact the last supper .

He,was,God ..it was His,body ...His,blood

He did not say make,a,priestly hierarchy ..or a high priest POPE

Nor ordain those who HAVE POWER,to make,a,physical
change of substance
Just do this in Rembrance ..many CATHOLUCS,Don't believe this,transubstantiatiin ..

On another,note,..a,priest ..bishop etc ..who is,living in Sin ..even terrible Sin
And,I KNOW,this,is,NOT the majority ..in your faiths,eyes ..does,this,transformation take,place.wen they proclaim it

If so..what of those who go off ..get married ..or have alternative Churches,..does the,change take place.

What of Luther .

What of the,English or other bishops,who were Catholic in everything but the,Pope ..And ordained others ..
Did those they ordained,change bread,and wine .

And what of those the,CHURCH h found heretical ..But later changed its mind ...we're they loosed,..bound .

The excommunicated,Orthodoxy ..were,their sacrament real ..since they do not recognize the,pope,..before hey Made some peace ???

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#481668 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
TRUE CHURCH and BIBLE
TRUE CHURCH
Christ left the adoption of a name for His Church to those whom he commissioall nations. Christ called the spiritual society He established, "My Church" (Mt. xvi, 18), "the Church" (Mt. xviii, 17).
"Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He who eats my f
....Receive ye the Holy Ghost. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." (John 20:19-23). "Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven." (Matt. 18:18) "Take heed to yourselves, and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God ..." (Acts. 20:28) "And when they had ordained to them priests in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, in whom they believed." (Acts 14:22). " He that heareth you, hear
Ok HOJO
TRYING TO UNDERSTAND ..as,I learned,this,too ..I'm NOT trying to put the CHURCH down .just asking
Jesus,Said,do this,in remembrance .
're enact the last supper .
He,was,God ..it was His,body ...His,blood
He did not say make,a,priestly hierarchy ..or a high priest POPE
Nor ordain those who HAVE POWER,to make,a,physical
change of substance
Just do this in Rembrance ..many CATHOLUCS,Don't believe this,transubstantiatiin ..
On another,note,..a,priest ..bishop etc ..who is,living in Sin ..even terrible Sin
And,I KNOW,this,is,NOT the majority ..in your faiths,eyes ..does,this,transformation take,place.wen they proclaim it
If so..what of those who go off ..get married ..or have alternative Churches,..does the,change take place.
What of Luther ...the other clergy who left ??
What of the,English or other bishops,who were Catholic in everything but the,Pope ..And ordained others ..
Did those they ordained,change bread,and wine .
And what of those the,CHURCH h found heretical ..But later changed its mind ...we're they loosed,..bound .
The excommunicated,Orthodoxy ..were,their sacrament real ..since they do not recognize the,pope,..before hey Made some peace ???

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#481669 Oct 12, 2013
Sorry thought post didn't go ..

#481670 Oct 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No need for tears sis...I'n jist a dingo that's been down a hard road is all...and I require a lot more than nonsensical rhetoric ta justify it all.
I ain''t knock'n yer religion...i'm look'n for "truth" in it...and so far, I ain't found any at all...

~~~

TRUTH IS BEFORE YOU, as it is all of us..

BUT

In order to find a revelation of the way the truth and the life..

one must first meet the giver of the truth

JESUS CHRIST...(WHICH IS TRUTH PERSONIFIED)

in order to find THE WAY...TO TRUTH, and ultimately

to ETERNAL LIFE.

The way to receive JESUS IS..

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

FOLLOW THESE EASY INSTRUCTIONS.

Rom 10:9 That

1.if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and

2.shalt believe in thine heart

3.that God hath raised him from the dead,

4.thou shalt be saved.

YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;

AND CONFESS WITH YOU MOUTH..

and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

YOU HAVE GOD'S PROMISE...

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

YOUR NATIONALITY DOES NOT MATTER...

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

GOD'S WORD DOES NOT LIE

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

This is HOW/THE WAY one is BORN AGAIN BEING OBEDIENT TO THE WORDS OF JESUS

JESUS SAID..

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

THEN FIND A CHURCH THAT PREACHES THE WORD OF GOD

BE BAPTIZED IN WATER..

AND STRIVE TO BE OBEDIENT TO GOD'S WORD...

TO THE BORN AGAIN IT SAYS
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

LIVE according as God hath dealt to TO YOU the measure of faith.

#481671 Oct 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
TRUTH IS BEFORE YOU, as it is all of us..
BUT
In order to find a revelation of the way the truth and the life..
one must first meet the giver of the truth
JESUS CHRIST...(WHICH IS TRUTH PERSONIFIED)
in order to find THE WAY...TO TRUTH, and ultimately
to ETERNAL LIFE.
The way to receive JESUS IS..
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
FOLLOW THESE EASY INSTRUCTIONS.
Rom 10:9 That
1.if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and
2.shalt believe in thine heart
3.that God hath raised him from the dead,
4.thou shalt be saved.
YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;
AND CONFESS WITH YOU MOUTH..
and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
YOU HAVE GOD'S PROMISE...
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
YOUR NATIONALITY DOES NOT MATTER...
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
GOD'S WORD DOES NOT LIE
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
This is HOW/THE WAY one is BORN AGAIN BEING OBEDIENT TO THE WORDS OF JESUS
JESUS SAID..
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
THEN FIND A CHURCH THAT PREACHES THE WORD OF GOD
BE BAPTIZED IN WATER..
AND STRIVE TO BE OBEDIENT TO GOD'S WORD...
TO THE BORN AGAIN IT SAYS
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
LIVE according as God hath dealt to TO YOU the measure of faith.
A CHURCH DOES NOT SAVE YOU...

YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IS PERSONAL

IT IS A CONVEYANCE THAT HELPS YOU ALONG THE WAY TO ETERNAL LIFE..

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

It is our fellowship/interaction with others, that the real truth about our selves is revealed.

Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

and

We strive for a closer/MORE OBEDIENT relationship in Christ Jesus

Location hidden

#481672 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
TRUE CHURCH and BIBLE
TRUE CHURCH
"Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has life everlasting and I will raise Him up on the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed" (John 6:54-56) "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" they argued.(John 6:53) "And whilst they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke: and gave to his disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat. THIS IS MY BODY. And taking the chalice, he gave thanks, and gave to them, saying: Drink ye all of this. FOR THIS IS MY BLOOD." (cf. Matt. 26:26-28; Mark 14:22-24; Luke 22:19-20).
In the most unequivocal language the Apostles affirmed that the bread and wine duly consecrated on the altar did in fact become the actual Substance of the Savior. Declared the Apostle Paul: "The chalice of benediction which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? And the bread which we break, is it not the partaking of the body of the Lord?" (1 Cor. 10:16)
....Receive ye the Holy Ghost. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." (John 20:19-23). "Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven." (Matt. 18:18) "Take heed to yourselves, and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God ..." (Acts. 20:28) "And when they had ordained to the" (Acts 14:22). " He that heareth you, heareth me; and he that despiseth you, despiseth me; and he that despiseth me, despiseth Him that sent me." - Luke 10:16
edited for space

Tell me...yes or no...is the following a lie...it comes from the NABre pope approved Bible:

Church: this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God. The gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it: the netherworld (Greek Had&#275;s, the abode of the dead) is conceived of as a walled city whose gates will not close in upon the church of Jesus, i.e., it will not be overcome by the power of death.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#481673 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Only YOU Keep preaching this lie, Confrinting!..... But then, we as Catholics (ALL KNOW) that "manipulating" the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible and "distorting" the TRUTH of what Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church actually believes and teaches, is the "basis of your entire bible only ministry" and it is what YOU do best!!!!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#481674 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only YOU Keep preaching this lie, Confrinting!..... But then, we as Catholics (ALL KNOW) that "manipulating" the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible and "distorting" the TRUTH of what Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church actually believes and teaches, is the "basis of your entire bible only ministry" and it is what YOU do best!!!!!
at what time did Jesus ask a church to "sup" with him?

Salvation is personal, as I tried to explain to John from NJ so many times when he would state that Born Again Christians had little to no chance to be Saved since they didn't belong to his church.

God is Holy, your church leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to being holy, there it is self explanatory that Jesus is speaking to the individual ,that they need Salvation.

there is no need for you to live in this lie that the catholic church has taught you, but then again, you say that you left a Bible Believing church and went to the rcc, so actually, you have no chance to even be Saved since the Bible is clear that there is no more Sacrifice for you to obtain.

I feel sorry for you to a certain extent, however you have been given a chance to listen to what the Bible teaches and you refuse it, believing that a piece of grain is sufficient for you to make it to heaven.

in hell people like you will know that you have been lied to.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#481675 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think that your Church saves you.

If you go to mass..get the,Eucharist ..That SAVES YOU .

YOU have none who just go through the movements.
Never giving true heart FAITH,to Our,Saviuor???

Just follow the,Church ??

#481676 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>
YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IS PERSONAL
IT IS A CONVEYANCE THAT HELPS YOU ALONG THE WAY TO ETERNAL LIFE..
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
It is our fellowship/interaction with others, that the real truth about our selves is revealed.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
and
We strive for a closer/MORE OBEDIENT relationship in Christ Jesus
~~~

YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IS PERSONAL.

Php_2:12 ..... work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

NO MAN CAN PERFORM ABSOLUTION AND FORGIVE YOU OF YOUR SINS...EVEN IF YOU CONFESS THEM TO HIM...

ONLY THE BLOOD OF JESUS CLEANSES FROM ALL SIN

1Jn_1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

A MAN'S SALVATION... is personal ...BETWEEN HIM AND GOD...

JESUS SAID IT IS

HE SAID

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and

I will raise him up at the last day.

All in between

THE FATHER DRAWING THAT PERSON UNTO HIMSELF

and him being RAISE UP AT THE LAST DAY IS PERSONAL..

A MAN WILL STAND PERSONALLY BEFORE GOD IN JUDGMENT..

THE HOLY SPIRIT convicts a man of his sins personally ..

by giving his a revelation of the love of GOD

That he IS GUILTY AND IN need OF A SAVIOR...

NOTE

THE MISSION OF THE CHURCH IS PERFORMED THROUGH GOD'S FIVE FOLD

MINISERIES....

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Eph 4:11 And he gave some,

1.apostles; and some,

2.prophets; and some,.

3.evangelists; and some,

4.pastors and

5.teachers;

THE FIVE FOLD MINISTRY OF THE CHURCH IS (positive)+

Eph 4:12

+A. For the perfecting of the saints,..

+B.for the work of the ministry,

+C.for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Eph 4:13

+D.Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of

+E. the knowledge of the Son of God,

+F.unto a perfect man,

+G.unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

(negative)-
Eph 4:14

-1.That we henceforth be no more children,

_2.tossed to and fro, and

-3.carried about with every wind of doctrine,

-4by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

+H.Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:.

GOD'S TRUE CHURCH

+I.Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and

+J.compacted by that which every joint supplieth,

according to the effectual working in the measure of every part,

+K. maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in

love.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#481677 Oct 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think that your Church saves you.
If you go to mass..get the,Eucharist ..That SAVES YOU .
YOU have none who just go through the movements.
Never giving true heart FAITH,to Our,Saviuor???
Just follow the,Church ??
Some of our worst criminals,in this country
Go to Church regularly .

May even go to confession.

It's,God who knows,their hearts,..

ITS BELIEF IN OUR SAVIOUR ..repentance ..That saves us,.

Not any Church meaning a,denomination ....

We believers,Are the,CHURCH

CATHOLUC ..NON CATHOLIC...HIS BRIDE ..putting our,Faith and trust
in Him and Him alone .

What HE did ....on the,Cross for US ..people ..not institutions.

Oh they can preAch ..bring His,words,..prayer ..charity ...many good things,...of GODS,LEADING..

BUT ONLY JESUS,saves,..we,are led to Him by the,Holy Spirit ..

If we,are,lost ..And hear,a,preacher ..wander into a Church ..hear an evangelist and it stirs that spirit within us .

It's not FROM the priest or Evangelist ..it's from the Spirit ..

And thank God He is merciful to read h out to awful sinners ..And
Non believers,..through vessels,GOD has,set in their path ..

Not just Catholics vessels,..if you think God does,not use hose,not if your faith ....You deny everyone you have known eh o has been born again of he SPIRIT ..

I cannot believe you think this,..despite how you o reach here ..

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#481678 Oct 12, 2013
Be back later on

Peace to all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope urges more Muslim opposition to IS in Turkey 5 hr Faith 4
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 20 hr Hebrewsunite 8,634
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 23 hr champion65 4
A Gentleman. Thu QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Nov 25 pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Nov 25 God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Nov 24 Economist 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE