Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654466 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481776 Oct 12, 2013
Well it's 2am . Good nite and God bless
marge

Leesburg, GA

#481777 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really!!! The devil believes in Jesus Christ and I sincerely doubt if he is saved!!! You keep "cafeteria style" cherry picking your bible verses such as Acts 16:31 and again (as always) "making them mean ONLY what YOU want them to mean"!!!! It is "no wonder" that you have absolutely (no idea) as to what you are talking about, which comes as (no surprise) to ANY of us Catholics who "know the TRUTH" of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and what TRUE Salvation is all about!!!
well we all agree with his interpretations Hojo, if we don't we tell him. We know there is One Spirit.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#481778 Oct 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well sorry but I will pray with anyone who believes,in Jesus,Marge,.
We disagree on this,.
I'm glad Bernie prayed too.
May be if we all did we might have less,rancor.
I wish more would..peace
If they were in Jesus they would follow His teaching...they, instead, follow the teaching of the Rome piped piper...their traditions..the catechism, the maganasterium (misspelled)...

Besides...they have canned prayers...they are taught what to pray!!!!!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#481779 Oct 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO
You posted a,long thing on true Church ..true BIBle.
And always,posting your Church is the only fullness.2000
Years only
I was NOT BEING ANTI CATHOLIC ..I'M SAYING NO CHURCH..NONE ..SAVES,.
JESUS SAVES ..ONLY HIM..
why can you not see. See the difference..
I COUKD take every....Sacrament...o throughs motions
I could have done altar,call and been baptized by Billy Graham
It's not religion. It's not A CHURCH..
ITS the call of the SPIRIT ON Each soul. To urn to our LOVIBG SAVIUOR WHO DIED FOR US ..
THAT SHOULD NOT BE SEEN AS ANTI ANYTHING.....it's pro Jesus
Yes!

Location hidden

#481780 Oct 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
OX
please ..
Just reminding you what Christ taught....but, evidently, it does not concern you...
Pad

Rockford, IL

#481781 Oct 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you do see,us,as,brokers,and,sisters in Christ ..Good .
But no matter how much you love going to CHUrch etc
Can we,agree that 'THe,CHURCH does not save anyone ..no Church.
I BELUEVE with my every fiber ..That it was the HOLY Spirit that so mercifully moved me to seek Christ..as my LORD AND SAVIOUR .
The CATHOLIC CHURCH gave me the knowledge of Christ ..the Trinity ..
But it was nit until much later I came to full FAITH ..
IT'S JESUS,
And,what I read here at times,..makes me feel with some of you ..it's he CHURCH.
And the insistence that nothing changed since I learned ..really makes
Me wonder on a lot of things,my memory not being one of them.
Things,were different ..
Not he point today .
Jesus,His blood ..His,taking our Sin on the Cross saves us,.....
The C h u r c h is SOON to become the Bride of Christ,how is it that souls are saved in it,when Jesus is not yet the Groom?The Church did not go to Calvary and shed it's blood for the souls of the whole human race.The Church are the people who have been converted by Christ through the Holy Spirit.

The question should be,does the church hold the power of salvation in her? She does as the Bride to be,that power which has been given to her to go into all the world and teach the gospel,through preaching and teaching.The Church plants seed,and waters it,but the Holy Spirit gives the Increase,as He Alone represents the Lord Jesus Christ who died for our sins.

No church institution or organization has the power to save an individual,or to change the heart of a soul either.But the Church is invested with the power to spread the gospel,and to challenge souls to embrace Christ who redeemed them.Thus the Church is in partner-ship with Christ to spread the Good News of His kingdom which has no end.The Power we have to lead souls to Christ,to expose sin through the Word(Written),to expound on the precious truths of what God's Kingdom is all about,most of all who and what Jesus is,for the redemption of all souls.
truth

Perth, Australia

#481782 Oct 12, 2013
i start go early in school then my age friends go..yee
my father and my mother say no she still young..i been tiny small child..yee..
but my sister Ana make decizion..yee
i remember
oh what a shame
i play with my friends outside i follow my oldest brothers
oh they took me so horrible put in big huge
we call mastalo..maybe 10 liters water in..oh
i remember i cry
i don't liked water

i been scare from water deep water

i know why now must be as curse over family tree..
yee

but my mother and my sisters they do as they have to do

scrimming wobeling in water

died they say to me
because i liked run away
i can't move

i can't breath..
o yes next day

as delagition
very lovly Lady come into my father house
i notice i been drees as princess
first time i have green nice dress and beautifull lether sandals so beautifull..my mother show to me more
yeeeee
i been so happy..
but they told to me read..oh i remember i sit as small girl in arm of my sister Ana..i love her very much..she sustain me in everything..i am go cry now

she kiss me and say yes you could
very nice lady give me book..i just start letter by letter third time i start read like i read 100 years..
ok she turn over thank pen wrote my name and say
she going to school
as 6 years age..yee..
others 7 ..

on table appier my new books..oh so new and beutifull..
my mother my nice mother

Could you imagen that horible when i find out she sold my 6 lamb from my sheep..ohhhh
so horiblle

its been gift from my grandmother..we don't liked sold or killed them noooo

i cry like never before..
see my first comunion is been years 6 first year
in school
could you imagen my grandmother its my nice she say nobody saty nothing not even zuc..she answear everything for all..
yep they smile with me
but i say
i don't have nice white dress..
nooo who will provide me saturday day everything close tommorow is sunday comunion day

my grandmothers I love her very much..yes she say planty white dress for my nice..don't worry about that ..i have many cousan as you could imagen..
i been tommorow as princess in white dress
with my friends who is been all older then me.

Before i go there my Father say you you need go for another blessing..yee he put 100 D marks in envelomp and my mother prepeare small gift and say give this to your grandmother..go by yourself..
when i appiering front of her as in catle she sit as Queen on her sofa..oh my good Lord..
my grandmother first time i see her smile in my life..oh my nice my nice my nice she replay..you are so beutiful you are so beutifull..

yep

i love her and kiss her first time in my life..she not kiss us no..she sit us usualy just for talk as good attitude..thats all..
me look photo 6-7 years old..
jaa..

after i become target yee its not good be smart and be first or sit in first chair..

by
see white lodge
marge

Leesburg, GA

#481783 Oct 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church accepts the Orthodox Eucharist as valid.
I take it Hermi is not off limits now?
truth

Perth, Australia

#481784 Oct 12, 2013
if you not respect oldest and elders you lose everything in your life all wisdom stay within them..

- my good grandmother Jelene she asked more teach me as attitude
i want more love from her as every child do..

-respect your parents and oldest wisdom stay there

-as well how you going behave yourself in God house..my grandmother nJelena is been the best teacher show to me..

Did Jesus say he come about love fulfill law?
I remember i visiting church where my grandfather left money with other as foundation of that church..i visited so often old cemetery and old church its tradition visited our loveliness who past away and pray..
We have new priest cross border road where i am born..my family been respected..and he come to my family my uncles too so often..but church become empty young people don't come as before..i see there my grandmother brother very nice gentlemen he sit in first chair with his wife every Sunday..he is been between government and church superior and communicator in that system when i live there..oh i say..let me speak up..i say to priest..I start read..every Sunday during mass ..yee others come too church start receive very young people in..yep..
he told to me as i read here ej you woman...

Jesus not died because of you..as you can read i don't listen no..
you he say to me why you here ..
look i say

my grandfather left money for this foundation in this cemetery he rest there in this graveyard..
yee

Did i need be warn and pool my self back..

come come come to me my children..
Jesus love all of ussssssssssssssssssssss

don't be scare pray or return call
if you see reason tell them as well why be so strong..
does meter what they think about you..

God always listen prayers.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#481785 Oct 12, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The thread is about the 'true church' and they have a different gospel so we can't and shouldn't pray 'with' them.
Thats right You to good to pray with someone that has a differant belief that you even tho we have the same God...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#481786 Oct 12, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it Hermi is not off limits now?
Your statement shows your intentions...we will not be responding to you...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#481787 Oct 13, 2013
When someone is beginning the spiritual life, he should not study a lot, but instead watch himself and guard his thoughts. A strong person is the one who chews well, not the one who eats a lot.

Elder Paisios of the Holy Mountain

Location hidden

#481788 Oct 13, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The C h u r c h is SOON to become the Bride of Christ,how is it that souls are saved in it,when Jesus is not yet the Groom?The Church did not go to Calvary and shed it's blood for the souls of the whole human race.The Church are the people who have been converted by Christ through the Holy Spirit.
The question should be,does the church hold the power of salvation in her? She does as the Bride to be,that power which has been given to her to go into all the world and teach the gospel,through preaching and teaching.The Church plants seed,and waters it,but the Holy Spirit gives the Increase,as He Alone represents the Lord Jesus Christ who died for our sins.
No church institution or organization has the power to save an individual,or to change the heart of a soul either.But the Church is invested with the power to spread the gospel,and to challenge souls to embrace Christ who redeemed them.Thus the Church is in partner-ship with Christ to spread the Good News of His kingdom which has no end.The Power we have to lead souls to Christ,to expose sin through the Word(Written),to expound on the precious truths of what God's Kingdom is all about,most of all who and what Jesus is,for the redemption of all souls.
Are you saying that this is a lie???:

Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying,“Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.

Location hidden

#481789 Oct 13, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The C h u r c h is SOON to become the Bride of Christ,how is it that souls are saved in it,when Jesus is not yet the Groom?The Church did not go to Calvary and shed it's blood for the souls of the whole human race.The Church are the people who have been converted by Christ through the Holy Spirit.
Waddaboutit Pad????

Are you saying that this is a lie???:

Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying,“Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#481790 Oct 13, 2013
IN RESPONSE TO THE PHARISAICAL POLICE:
SCRIPTURE

The Trinitarian approach to prayer is grounded in Scripture.
The New Testament bears an understanding of the Trinitarian Structure
John 14:6 Jesus declared that He was the way to the Father
Romans 8:26-27 Paul taught that on our own we are incapable of praying but are able to pray because of the Holy Spirit’s intercession in us.
Ephesians 2:18:“For through him (Christ) we both have access to the Father by one Spirit"
==========
THE PHARISAICAL POLICE SAID THAT SCRIPTURE SAYS WE ARE TO PRAY ONLY TO THE FATHER:
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

It do not say: After this manner therefore pray ye: In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit Lord Christ, Our Hope in this world

And people wonder why God does not answer their prayers!!!!(My comment: the Fathers Name is not like a name on a credit card that you must have to have your prayer answered)
==========
BUT SCRIPTURE INDICATES CHRISTIANS WERE NOT RESTRICTED TO PRAYING JUST TO THE FATHER:

1 Corinthians 1:1–2: According to the apostle Paul, New Testament Christians were everywhere PRAYING TO JESUS.“Paul... to the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours”

Paul includes himself among those who called upon the name of Jesus. THESE PRAYERS DIRECTED TO JESUS WERE UNIVERSAL. And the present tense of “call” suggests that the prayers were on-going.

Corinthians 12:8 Paul PRAYED TO JESUS when he “besought the Lord” to remove his thorn in the flesh

2 Thessalonians 2:16–17, Paul blessed the Thessalonians with these words:“May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father... encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.”

==========
Luke 11:1-13) 1 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him,“Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.” 2 He said to them,“When you pray, say:“‘Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come.

JESUS IS "TEACHING US TO PRAY": He is providing a model of prayer. His prayer addresses the Father and not the Son or Spirit. So we are told to pray to the Father. Jesus does not say we are not to pray to im or the Holy Spirit.

By GIVING US A MODEL OF PRAYER, Jesus did not limit our prayers to a certain structure or certain words.

Otherwise we would also need to eliminate thanksgiving from our prayers, since that does not show up in the Lord’s Prayer. But this would violate 1 Thessalonians 5:17–18 :we should give thanks to God in our prayers.

Christ's words,“Our Father which art in Heaven” don't keep us from praying to Jesus any more than his words “Give us our daily bread” keep us from praying for something to drink.

It is appropriate to pray to the Father directly. The Lord’s Prayer clearly shows that. However, just because we are permitted to pray, and even commanded to pray to the Father, doesn't mean that we are not permitted to pray to the Son or the Holy Spirit.
==========
LETS LOOK AT CHURCH HISTORY:

Perhaps the oldest hymn we have of the First Christians is the

TRISAGION HYMN: A PRAYER ADDRESSED TO THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT

Holy God! Holy Mighty! Holy Immortal! Have mercy on us.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,now and ever and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

'God' means the Father,
'Strong' means the Son, and
'Immortal' means the Holy Spirit,
truth

Perth, Australia

#481791 Oct 13, 2013
corupt evil satanic police can set up anything
diabolic evil spirits which say
o lord give marcy for us

evil serve evil
corupt people serve corupt

now

are you pro-life
or pro-death

prodeath are most evil
yep

they are killers

yep

in them no life
as never exist

by

n
truth

Perth, Australia

#481792 Oct 13, 2013
look corupt systems

who day are tribe against tribe people against people nation against nation and so on

evil serve evil

you don't liked your CREATOR

i am still alive

evil wicket satanic corupt people are around me and entire my life

evil serve evil for money and power

not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee

if i need i will remove all

n
truth

Perth, Australia

#481793 Oct 13, 2013
are you for sure in man or woman been alive spirit..

if she is woman poor man are less then what..
what a pity

woman can't be nothing don't you

o well

evil serve evil

lucifer watching creation ..but fall

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
n

not serve
no

vrisek is holistic grass yee very strong essence
have tea and bath with that
yeeeeeeeee
n
truth

Perth, Australia

#481794 Oct 13, 2013
ON RIGHT HAND izmedju palca ui kaziprsta
its symbol

my Lord

i am as i am
truth

Perth, Australia

#481795 Oct 13, 2013
izmedju palca i kaziprsta
ima znak na mojoj desnoj ruci
()
on vrist stay as ustipak

on my ring stay everything what your security computer sustain from entire globe
screen finish

i am as i am
n

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Married in 10,210
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web