Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687460 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481747 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER said that the Church saves!! Why do you keep repeating this! Statements like this are just more of the same old Protestant Propaganda that I heard for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant.
You are beginning to sound like one of them!!!I thought that you were looking for the Truth!! If you continue to "hang on" to your oersonal anti-catholic vindictivess, hostility and lies, you will NEVER find the TRUTH!!.....
HOJO

You posted a,long thing on true Church ..true BIBle.

And always,posting your Church is the only fullness.2000
Years only

I was NOT BEING ANTI CATHOLIC ..I'M SAYING NO CHURCH..NONE ..SAVES,.

JESUS SAVES ..ONLY HIM..

why can you not see. See the difference..

I COUKD take every....Sacrament...o throughs motions

I could have done altar,call and been baptized by Billy Graham

It's not religion. It's not A CHURCH..

ITS the call of the SPIRIT ON Each soul. To urn to our LOVIBG SAVIUOR WHO DIED FOR US ..

THAT SHOULD NOT BE SEEN AS ANTI ANYTHING.....it's pro Jesus
truth

Perth, Australia

#481748 Oct 12, 2013
future going to be revile
pray

smooth silky skin is part of design as creation..

its bring me with light
I pray and asked whats will be happen.

I walk between them..open wounds of your smart disigh of smooth silky skin..
they liked died but can't..

square
its meaning of revenge

diabolical demons
diabolic is part of geometric direction..

nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwww

pray with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

don't be affraid from noone

i am as i am
if i recive that i can see
then
you can do toooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

pray resist all demonic paralel way

pray
n
truth

Perth, Australia

#481749 Oct 12, 2013
https://www.google.com.au/search...

see words

pray
Jesus Christ died full of blade on Cross.

OUR ENTIRE SYTEMS OF GEOMETRIC BUILDINGS AND MUCH MORE WHICH IS NOT REVIL TO YOU UNDER DEEP AND SO ON THAT YOU DID NOT KNOW WHAT EXIST YOU NEED KNOW ABOUT TIME OF DESTRUCTION...

SEE WORDS SQUARE ITS DIAMETRIC

SEE LIGIONS OF MANY DIABOLIC GEOMETRY

PRAY
O BLADE OF jESUS cHRIST..

ITS GOING REVIL YOU

FOR MATERIALISTIC POSESSION DON'T CALL ANYONE RASCIST IF THEY GIVE YOU WARNING WHATS WILL HAPPEN UPON YOU AND YOUR PEOPLE..
MONEY AND GREED AND HUNGER FOR POWER ARE NOTHING AT ALL

pray with me
its going revile you

n

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481750 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER said that the Church saves!! Why do you keep repeating this! Statements like this are just more of the same old Protestant Propaganda that I heard for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant.
You are beginning to sound like one of them!!!I thought that you were looking for the Truth!! If you continue to "hang on" to your oersonal anti-catholic vindictivess, hostility and lies, you will NEVER find the TRUTH!!.....
I asked honest questions ...

I wanted your answers,..not a priests,answer .
AS you had I assumed been born again in a,non Catholic Church
That's between you and God

I'm not hostile to the Church..her past may be ...
It did nothing to me personally
I've said that many times

I believe many in your Church have FULL FAITH IN CHRIST AS,SAVIOUR .

And yes,'re devil knows,Jesus ..But NOT AS SAVIOUR ..HOJO

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481751 Oct 12, 2013
StarC wrote:
EXTREME UNCTION –
the sacrament, sometimes called the
Last Anointing, which strengthens the sick and
sanctifies the dying: "Is any man sick among you? Let him bring in the priests of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord ... and if he be in sins, they shall be forgiven him." (James 5:14-15. Also see Mark 6:12-13).
HOLY ORDERS –
the sacrament of ordination which empowers
priests to offer the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass,
administer the sacraments, and officiate over all
the other proper affairs of the Church: "For
every high priest taken from among men, is
ordained for men in the things that appertain to
God, that he may offer up gifts and sacrifices for
sins ... Neither doth any man take the honor to
himself, but he that is called by God, as Aaron
was." (Heb. 5:1-4. Also see Acts 20:28, 1 Tim.
4:14). Also: "And taking bread, he gave thanks,
and broke; and gave to them, saying: This is my
body, which is given for you. Do this for a
commemoration of me." (Luke 22:19).
Ok so you answer if you can please,.

If a,priest is,in terrible sin

If another priest ..gets,married

It starts,an alternative,CATHOLUC CHURCH.

It the,Orthodox who were excommunicated by Rome,

If they say the,Eucharistic prayers,..is the bread and wine changed

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#481752 Oct 12, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know anything about Catholicism, so please quit commenting on things you don't know. No one believes you were Catholic at one time, no one. This is a Catholic thread in a Catholic forum, leave or quit disagreeing, K?
She was Catholic. You are not who you sat you are.You have nothing to offer here but punctuation. I have not seen anything in your posts different from what you find in a Greyhound bus station rest room.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#481753 Oct 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so you answer if you can please,.
If a,priest is,in terrible sin
If another priest ..gets,married
It starts,an alternative,CATHOLUC CHURCH.
It the,Orthodox who were excommunicated by Rome,
If they say the,Eucharistic prayers,..is the bread and wine changed
The Catholic Church accepts the Orthodox Eucharist as valid.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#481754 Oct 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was,assuming they also respected prayers to tell Father in the name if Jesus.
ACTUALLY may only be one person
If you look at the comments tonight I'm not welcome ..evidently ..
Sigh ...
==========

In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit

Lord Christ,
Our Hope in this world . Our Salvation in the next.

Stay on our heart always to turn us away from sin and to heal our hurts.

Please, Blessed Friend, with your Angels to those bring your Holy Presence to those who need your protection, love, healing, comfort, strength and salvation:Preston's Family, LTM and husband, Pad,Confront and Kaye and those I have missed here.

We thank You for your Blessings that you gave us freely at such a cost to Yourself
We ask these things in the Name of Jesus
Amen

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#481755 Oct 12, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Go to the protestant forums and quit bothering the Catholics. Quit pushing lies, K?
Go to I Need A Clue forum and stop bothering a Good Christian ....

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#481756 Oct 12, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Leave the forum, this is a Catholic thread for Catholics. go away.
This is a catholic Only forum? LOLOL If we all left you guys would have NO ONe to argue with. This is NOT a catholic only forum...lol

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#481757 Oct 12, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know anything about Catholicism, so please quit commenting on things you don't know. No one believes you were Catholic at one time, no one. This is a Catholic thread in a Catholic forum, leave or quit disagreeing, K?
Again...THIS IS NOT A CATHOLIC ONLY FORUM....lol
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#481758 Oct 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO
You posted a,long thing on true Church ..true BIBle.
And always,posting your Church is the only fullness.2000
Years only
I was NOT BEING ANTI CATHOLIC ..I'M SAYING NO CHURCH..NONE ..SAVES,.
JESUS SAVES ..ONLY HIM..
why can you not see. See the difference..
I COUKD take every....Sacrament...o throughs motions
I could have done altar,call and been baptized by Billy Graham
It's not religion. It's not A CHURCH..
ITS the call of the SPIRIT ON Each soul. To urn to our LOVIBG SAVIUOR WHO DIED FOR US ..
THAT SHOULD NOT BE SEEN AS ANTI ANYTHING.....it's pro Jesus
Yes!! I have said "all along " that the Catholic Church is the One TRUE Church, that Jesus Christ initiated, formed and established in Matt 16:13-21 over 2000 years ago....However-- It is not the only Church, but it is the one TRUE CHURCH with the FULLNESS of the Faith and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH...... Every Protestant Church that came after the reformation "rejected" many of the TRUTHS that Jesus handed down to His Apostles and were taught for the first 1500 years such as the Eucharist, 7 books of the bible, some of the Sacraments, etc....Protestants remain our bothers and sisters in Christ.However..Our lord led me out of my bible only church after 35 years and into a "full communion of Faith and Truth, growing each and every day at Daily Mass, the Eucharist, the TRUTH of the bible, the Sacraments (especially Reconciliation) and confession and the blessed Sacrament with adoration and prayer. I as a Catholic Christian, have chosen to worship, grow and adhere to that FULLNESS of Faith,(each day) in and through Our Lords One True Catholic Church....in which no other Church can provide that that overabundance of completeness in growing in the faith of Jesus Christ!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481759 Oct 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church accepts the Orthodox Eucharist as valid.
Even at the time of the schism ..when they excommunicated y our bishop ..or did they.

I'm trying to find out if this,power ...which I did learn and believed .

Rests,in EACH priest it ordains..sinful ..or alternative ...or considered heretical

Do they still turn wine and bread into blood and body ..

Did the Church of England bishops,and priest . Retain this power ..plus,..ordination power ....since they had been..CATHOlic..And,did they pass this on...theoretically until today ..

What about Luther and the other clergy who became REFORMERS.

His is not he first time I've wondered on this .

Just hoped to get an answer.

And thanks btw



I'm

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481760 Oct 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
Lord Christ,
Our Hope in this world . Our Salvation in the next.
Stay on our heart always to turn us away from sin and to heal our hurts.
Please, Blessed Friend, with your Angels to those bring your Holy Presence to those who need your protection, love, healing, comfort, strength and salvation:Preston's Family, LTM and husband, Pad,Confront and Kaye and those I have missed here.
We thank You for your Blessings that you gave us freely at such a cost to Yourself
We ask these things in the Name of Jesus
Amen
Amen

Dear Father I add my prayers,for these things ..in he NAME OF JESUS ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481761 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!! I have said "all along " that the Catholic Church is the One TRUE Church, that Jesus Christ initiated, formed and established in Matt 16:13-21 over 2000 years ago....However-- It is not the only Church, but it is the one TRUE CHURCH with the FULLNESS of the Faith and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH...... Every Protestant Church that came after the reformation "rejected" many of the TRUTHS that Jesus handed down to His Apostles and were taught for the first 1500 years such as the Eucharist, 7 books of the bible, some of the Sacraments, etc....Protestants remain our bothers and sisters in Christ.However..Our lord led me out of my bible only church after 35 years and into a "full communion of Faith and Truth, growing each and every day at Daily Mass, the Eucharist, the TRUTH of the bible, the Sacraments (especially Reconciliation) and confession and the blessed Sacrament with adoration and prayer. I as a Catholic Christian, have chosen to worship, grow and adhere to that FULLNESS of Faith,(each day) in and through Our Lords One True Catholic Church....in which no other Church can provide that that overabundance of completeness in growing in the faith of Jesus Christ!!!
Do you do see,us,as,brokers,and,sisters in Christ ..Good .

But no matter how much you love going to CHUrch etc

Can we,agree that 'THe,CHURCH does not save anyone ..no Church.

I BELUEVE with my every fiber ..That it was the HOLY Spirit that so mercifully moved me to seek Christ..as my LORD AND SAVIOUR .

The CATHOLIC CHURCH gave me the knowledge of Christ ..the Trinity ..

But it was nit until much later I came to full FAITH ..

IT'S JESUS,

And,what I read here at times,..makes me feel with some of you ..it's he CHURCH.

And the insistence that nothing changed since I learned ..really makes
Me wonder on a lot of things,my memory not being one of them.

Things,were different ..

Not he point today .

Jesus,His blood ..His,taking our Sin on the Cross saves us,.....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481762 Oct 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Go to I Need A Clue forum and stop bothering a Good Christian ....
Is,a place for free,discussion ...as,is other forums,on Topix .

I'm not leaving here either despite being told to ..yet again..

We ave CATHOLUCS ..orthodox ..evangelicals,..atheists ..all sorts,here .

And unless we violate Topix code ..personal insults..vulgarity .

We can stay .

BTW,

we're is the Protestant forum .

I was,on one .. difference between CATH AND PROTESTANT..about 5 eats ago..along with a few from here

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...

And that nasty ad is there too ...But get this,not seem to be on the abortion forum..

Very improper ..IMO

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#481763 Oct 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Father God
ABBA
once again we come in supplication and praise .
YOU ALONE ARE HOLY LORD
GOD OF HOSTS , ETERNAL
WE,ask here for healing of all here who need it .
For their family members ALSO.
And thank you for all you
Have given..
We ask that you guide our Leaders
Who seem in disarray .
We ask for your Spirit to lead our loved
Ones and friends , here and elsewhere
TO true belief and salvation
We ask for our words here to be calmer .
Not creating enemies from dissent .
We ask in the name of your Dear Son
Jesus Christ
Lord And Saviour
Say on!!!!

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#481764 Oct 12, 2013
StarC wrote:
ALTAR CALL… ARE YOU REALLY “SAVED”?
“First, we must clarify the question. No one is ever saved "as a
result" of an altar call. We are saved only as a result of the
GOSPEL. The question, as too often asked, betrays an awful
misunderstanding of this most important point. But with that
clarification made, we may pass over this question very quickly.
If and when God truly saves a man during the time of public invitation, then we all say "Amen!"
“In all fairness, it is important to observe that the practice was NOT born in the apostolic Church. It is NOT FOUND IN THE MINISTRY
OF JESUS, His apostles or even the church of the post-apostolic
period. We do see Jesus and the apostles "inviting" men and women to Christ and to be saved, but NEVER by means of this particular method. "Invitations" they give, to be sure! But not altar calls. The altar call is "old fashioned" in only a very relative sense.“
“It is old fashioned to us at this end of the twentieth century,
but it first AROSE MORE THAN EIGHTEEN CENTURIES AFTER CHRIST.”
(a made up concept)
http://www.biblicalstudies.com/bstudy/ecclesi...
ALTAR CALL
The modern altar call has its beginnings in the efforts of
American evangelist Charles Finney in the early 19th century.
The Altar Call,was in respect to the ALTAR which was to be the central table where the Communion is blessed,and depicting the CENTRAL heart of the Christian experience.You are perhaps right in the fact that such a term was not used in the Early Church,but conversion is what the Altar Call is focused on. The decision of sinners who are challenged by the Holy Spirit to REPENT.Most Prt churches have a Table which is set before the congregation,covered by a clean cloth cover. That of course may be in response to years of tradition,but it helps the people of God to focus on the Holiness of God,the sacredness of the things of God.

The Altar is used for Communion,but it is a Table which represents the Mercy of God as well. Many churches have a chair that is the Mercy Seat as it were.But the Table or altar as it is called by most prots,is the center of Christian respect for the Mercy of God,and the Holy Communion that is done as a memorial for the Death of our Lord.

I always thought that the Altar was a railing as we see in the RCC,but the Altar was even a large Rock mass that served like a table for the sacrifice of the Lamb in the Levitical practices.The Prots focus on salvation,and helping the visitor to realize that a decision must be made to follow Christ.Every Church considers that which is set up at the front of the building as the central altar,where souls are saved by the Mercy of God,which is through the death of our Lord on the Cross,on Mt.Calvary.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#481765 Oct 12, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Some of the most dangerous people in the world are religious zealots."
Hi ITB!!!! What religion are these dangerous people a part of??? What makes them dangerous???

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#481766 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really!!! The devil believes in Jesus Christ and I sincerely doubt if he is saved!!! You keep "cafeteria style" cherry picking your bible verses such as Acts 16:31 and again (as always) "making them mean ONLY what YOU want them to mean"!!!! It is "no wonder" that you have absolutely (no idea) as to what you are talking about, which comes as (no surprise) to ANY of us Catholics who "know the TRUTH" of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and what TRUE Salvation is all about!!!
You got my curiosity...how does one attain the status of being saved in the Catholic denomination???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 22 Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web