Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,234)

Showing posts 464,661 - 464,680 of512,245
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
hojo

Stillwater, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do I believe that somehow only a very few people will be making it to heaven and you will be #1 at the gates.
Ask the bible only "fundies" on this forum, because (each one of them) have "appointed themselves" the final judge as to 1).who is a Christian and who is not, 2) who is going to heaven and who is not, 3) who has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and who does not, 4) who is saved and who is not!!!(thus relieving God of HIS responsiblity)

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you put that on Topix? That is personal and I am sure that daughter would be embaressed. Have her drink water . Quit with the sodas .
his words are quite correct and much healthier for her to stop drinking pepsi.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A sick person said? "Seems to me the antibiotics are staying with her"
You would think by now you would be better at saving face!!!!!
are you on some medication that doesn't allow you to transmit what is being said, accurately?

so let me help you out.

NO SICK PERSON SAID WHAT YOU ARE IMPLYING THAT WAS SAID.

I realize this is a forum and people reply to anything that they wish, however not all people reply truthfully and you are ONE OF THOSE.

YOU R NOTHING BUT A TROUBLEMAKEER AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the bible only "fundies" on this forum, because (each one of them) have "appointed themselves" the final judge as to 1).who is a Christian and who is not, 2) who is going to heaven and who is not, 3) who has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and who does not, 4) who is saved and who is not!!!(thus relieving God of HIS responsiblity)
why do we(u & I) reply to this person.

his only outlet in life is to kibitz and he cares not which side.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

truth wrote:
you try control
but you are hopeless
and you are nobody too
don't you
when i died don't cry
they don't have keyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
There re not other God inspired books...ask any Christian..

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay "]<quoted text>
We believe and teach what Matthew, Luke, John, Mark, Peter and Paul reported that Jesus said. Their reports have brought about wonderful results...and a LOVE for God and His Word.
Peace,
KayMarie
It appears you are beginning to choose your words carefully.....this is a good thing, especially when you know I will call you out if you choose otherwise.

Good seeking for the truth.....it looks like you are taking the right steps.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>yeah!!! right on!!! Hate the Orthodox too!!! Unity now!!! Hoooorah!!!!
*hold out his hand*

You can hold mine if you choose. I'll walk with you - but just to talk.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is the only list of Inspired books.
Please post where "God" specifically states which books/texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There re not other God inspired books...ask any Christian..
Sure there are. The selections you think are teh only ones, have only been designated as such by men.

I'll wait for your citation to my previous post's request for you (or any so-called "Christian") to show me where "God" specifically states which texts are inspired and which are not.

Why don't you believe Jesus?
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your own imagination Michael! NOWHERE have I ever said (or has any other Catholic EVER said) who is going to heaven and who is not!! There is "no guarantee" on (anyone going to heaven)!! God HIMSELF will make that determination as HE IS THE FINAL JUDGE!!
The bible tells us in Phil. that "we are to work out our Salvation in trembling and fear"!! I am just as much a sinner as anyone else, and only by the Grace of God, will HE grant me "eternal life" with HIM. It is "in Jesus Christ" in and through HIS One True Catholic Church, that He offers us HIS path of Salvation, with the FULLNESS of the Faith and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH in the Eucharist, the Sacraments and the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in and through HIS Catholic Church.
ANATHEMA

In the acts of the Councils and the further course of the New Testament Church of Christ, the word "anathema" came to mean complete separation from the Church. "The Catholic and Apostolic Church anathematizes", "let him be anathema", "let it be anathema", means a complete tearing away from the church. While in cases of "separation from the communion of the Church" and other epitimia or penances laid on a person, the person remained a member of the Church, even though his participation in her grace filled life was limited, those given over to anathema were thus completely torn away from her until their repentance. Realizing that she is unable to do anything for their salvation, in view of their stubbornness and hardness of heart, the earthly church lifts them up to the judgement of God.

To deny any of these teachings and to refuse to embrace them with a positive faith is to come under an anathema and to experience loss of saving faith according to the RCC

An individual must believe that the popes are infallible when teaching ex cathedra.

One must believe that the Bishops of Rome have been given authority by Christ to rule the Church universal.

One must be submitted to the Bishop of Rome in all areas of faith, morals, discipline and government of the Church.

The Roman Catholic Church alone has the right to interpret Scripture and its interpretations are infallible.

One must accept the Apocrypha as Scripture and as part of the Canon.

There is no salvation outside of the Roman Catholic Church.

One must believe that the Roman Catholic sacraments are necessary for salvation and that there specific number is seven.

An individual must repudiate the teaching that the imputed righteousness of Christ is the basis for justification.

One must embrace the teaching that justification is not by faith alone but by human works cooperating with grace and by participation in the sacraments.

One must believe that human works cooperating with grace merit eternal life.

One must accept the teaching that water baptism is necessary for salvation as it is the instrumental means of regeneration even for infants.

One must believe that the Mass is a propitiatory sacrifice for sin.

One must believe that in the eucharist the bread and wine is transformed into the literal body and blood of Christ at the words of consecration (Transubstantiation).

It is necessary to believe that confession of sins to a Roman Catholic priest and receiving his absolution and performing acts of penance is the only way to receive forgiveness of sins after baptism.

One must embrace the teachings of the immaculate conception and Assumption of Mary.

One must accept the Roman Catholic teaching on Purgatory.

So as you can see it is Clear as day, Yes the RCC judges who is not going to heaven if they do not repent from believing contrary to Romes novel dogma's.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you put that on Topix? That is personal and I am sure that daughter would be embaressed. Have her drink water . Quit with the sodas .
You obviously DON'T know my daughter....LOL....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>his words are quite correct and much healthier for her to stop drinking pepsi.
Thank you, Preston!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who establishes a theory (about "Adam and Eve's children") and then promotes it as true.
*sighs*
You are starting to sound Catholic.
Neither am I....
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure there are. The selections you think are teh only ones, have only been designated as such by men.
I'll wait for your citation to my previous post's request for you (or any so-called "Christian") to show me where "God" specifically states which texts are inspired and which are not.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
No council no men designated the NT scriptures as such they just were by Holy Spirit God divine leading.

From only 150 years of Early church fathers writings we can recreate the NT 98% from them quoting them as such as the word of God as Scripture. Most of them knew the authors lead by the Holy Spirit to write these Books Epistles letters what we call the NT

Understand the totality of this, they are not quoting one or two lines and us saying that the whole book or whole epistle is scripture they are quoting every line to a totality of 98%.

There are no other books or epistles that can claim this stature.

NOT the ones you quote that is for sure.

So you asking for God to give you list is equal to you asking him to lie, he did it the way he chose accept or don't.

You make as straw man statement a false criteria for your acceptance of something 2000 years after the fact sorry you don't make the rules and either do I.

You might as well ask God to give you a declaration that he is God, he will answer, I AM the great I AM.

His sheep will know his voice, why don't is the question you should be asking yourself today.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Sorry last post was not proof read. but you'll get the meaning.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

who="Oxbow"
Seems to me the antibiotics are staying with her....am I missing something here???
--------
Anyone taking anti-biotics needs to take a probiotic. The anti-biotic kills bacteria...good and bad. It can destroy the friendly bacteria in the digestive system. The probiotic replaces the friendly bacteria.
KayMarie
You need to pass that info on the the person using antibiotics...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
Appreciate your words..."Seems to me the antibiotics are staying with her" In my world that is giving thanks, not to Christ, but the antibiotics...
----------
Both...we give thank to Him FOR the anti-bio-tics.
KM
And the doctors, and the clinics, and the hospitals, etc etc...but that ain't what was said...therein is my point!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for clarifying for me.
De nada...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox you're a Christian??
Why not thank God thank JESUS ..That a, young woman is, able,to go home from the hospital with something treatable by antibiotics
She was,originally sick enough to be hospitalized,...
Thanking God is,totally appropriate,for any blessing ..if you are,a Christian...
You would,also pray for a,speedy recovery ...
You are asea...again...Read what Atemcowboy said that prompted "A sick person said? "Seems to me the antibiotics are staying with her"...my question was legit...Christian in nature..it was not addressing a sick person...it asked a question of Atemcowboy..AKA Foot-in-Mouh

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
And all the people in the Congregation said....
AMEN
Betcha not so in Catholic congregations!!!! Watch their replies...bet I are right on...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 464,661 - 464,680 of512,245
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••