Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685540 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#481579 Oct 11, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice!!
Well not really - better than nice.
Okay, it was really good.
Did I say good? I didn't eman that, I meant it was very wonderful, helpful, and enriching.
;o)
LOL
Michael

Canada

#481580 Oct 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 1:18-21, 18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened."
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "I live a pretty good-clean life. I know and practice right from wrong, I help others in need, I treat animals and humans with respect, the kind of living any God would want from his creation. If that is not good enough for God then according to you I am doomed." End quote.
No Michael, according to God's word you are doomed. I do not have anything to do with your eternal destiny. We all sin because we all are sinners, as the Bible tells us in Romans 3:23:“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” It is for this reason we all need a new nature – which God gives the believer at the moment of salvation. II Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."
You said, quote, "When we both die, we will both suffer the same fate whatever that is, whether we just become fertilizer or if there is something beyond. Its obvious you have already pre-judged me. I thought that was Gods job to do." End quote.
Judgment is God's job not mine. I have not judged you. The judgment you feel is the conviction from the Word of God.
Non-believers go....When non-believers die, their body returns to dust, but their soul goes to Hades. It is a holding place like a jail or prison cell from which there is no escape.
Revelation 20:13-14 says, "…Death and Hades gave up the dead in them, and all were judged by what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire." So, that time will come, but after other events. For now, Hades holds the souls of the non-believers. There is no appeal process or second chance after death. All decisions you made while you were alive are final and binding on your destiny.
Believers go....The Bible teaches that those who are saved, having embraced the blood of Jesus on the cross (II Peter 1:18-19), will at death go to be with Christ, in a state of conscious bliss–and are immediately in fellowship with Christ.
The Apostle Paul declared that “to be absent from the body” is to be “present with the Lord”(2 Corinthians 5:8). And later, he says that to die, is “to depart and be with Christ, which is far better’(Philippians 1:23).
Jesus speaks of the immediate abode of the saved dead, as “Paradise.” He said to the thief on the cross,“Today you will be with me in Paradise”(Luke 23:43). The righteous dead are in the presence of Christ, in a place called Paradise, awaiting the resurrection of the body the judgment, the final reward-and the future life in Heaven.
Your choice......LIFE or DEATH.
OldJG says......No Michael, according to God's word you are doomed.

Michael says......I AM DOOMED!
Michael

Canada

#481581 Oct 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not the reason you are not answering my question..I know it...you know it..and you know I know it..ad I know you know I know it..
....as long as you know what I don't know then I will never know what you know, because you know more than I know, because you tell me all the time what you know.

I'm going for a beer.

Michael

Canada

#481582 Oct 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
I see this is "Give Mike The Militant Atheist All The Attention He's Been Craving Day"
Have a great weekend folks. Gonna have a few beers and see if the Vikings can turn around their crappy season!

Anthony says "have a great weekend folks" what does he get for his one lowly comment today. 6 negative judgies from his allies.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Michael

Canada

#481584 Oct 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 1:18-21, 18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened."
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "I live a pretty good-clean life. I know and practice right from wrong, I help others in need, I treat animals and humans with respect, the kind of living any God would want from his creation. If that is not good enough for God then according to you I am doomed." End quote.
No Michael, according to God's word you are doomed. I do not have anything to do with your eternal destiny. We all sin because we all are sinners, as the Bible tells us in Romans 3:23:“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” It is for this reason we all need a new nature – which God gives the believer at the moment of salvation. II Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."
You said, quote, "When we both die, we will both suffer the same fate whatever that is, whether we just become fertilizer or if there is something beyond. Its obvious you have already pre-judged me. I thought that was Gods job to do." End quote.
Judgment is God's job not mine. I have not judged you. The judgment you feel is the conviction from the Word of God.
Non-believers go....When non-believers die, their body returns to dust, but their soul goes to Hades. It is a holding place like a jail or prison cell from which there is no escape.
Revelation 20:13-14 says, "…Death and Hades gave up the dead in them, and all were judged by what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire." So, that time will come, but after other events. For now, Hades holds the souls of the non-believers. There is no appeal process or second chance after death. All decisions you made while you were alive are final and binding on your destiny.
Believers go....The Bible teaches that those who are saved, having embraced the blood of Jesus on the cross (II Peter 1:18-19), will at death go to be with Christ, in a state of conscious bliss–and are immediately in fellowship with Christ.
The Apostle Paul declared that “to be absent from the body” is to be “present with the Lord”(2 Corinthians 5:8). And later, he says that to die, is “to depart and be with Christ, which is far better’(Philippians 1:23).
Jesus speaks of the immediate abode of the saved dead, as “Paradise.” He said to the thief on the cross,“Today you will be with me in Paradise”(Luke 23:43). The righteous dead are in the presence of Christ, in a place called Paradise, awaiting the resurrection of the body the judgment, the final reward-and the future life in Heaven.
Your choice......LIFE or DEATH.
OldJG says to Michael........ "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men.

Michael says......Imagine all those poor souls over the centuries born in far away lands that never heard of the bible or just couldn't connect the dots? All DOOMED!

.... All those poor souls born/died centuries before the bible was created. All DOOMED!

Michael says.........GEEZ! I thought God was an all loving God.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#481585 Oct 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG says......No Michael, according to God's word you are doomed.
Michael says......I AM DOOMED!
~~~
NOPE ...AS LONG AS THERE IS LIFE THERE IS HOPE...

Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#481586 Oct 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible: The sacred book of Christianity, a collection of ancient writings including the books of both the Old Testament and the New Testament. The Hebrew Scriptures, the sacred book of Judaism.
Identify your books and show me the same exact definition of them.
Men have defined such, "God" hasn't.

Albuquerque, NM

#481587 Oct 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Say on!!!!!
You give life to the word of God: Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
You have nothing. I understand.

Albuquerque, NM

#481588 Oct 11, 2013

One of your very first honest posts.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to confritin'
Self.
yTube

AOL

#481589 Oct 11, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_____

#481590 Oct 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
NOPE ...AS LONG AS THERE IS LIFE THERE IS HOPE...
Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
~~~

Jud 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Jud 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

#481591 Oct 11, 2013
who="Michael"]<qu oted text>
OldJG says to Michael........ "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men.
Michael says......Imagine all those poor souls over the centuries born in far away lands that never heard of the bible or just couldn't connect the dots? All DOOMED!
.... All those poor souls born/died centuries before the bible was created. All DOOMED!

----------
The 'god' that you imagine is unimaginable! Who told you that God is so weak and dumb that He would destroy a vast portion of those that He is working to save?

"God is not willing that ANY should perish." Just because you 'heard' that He is 'ungodly', doesn't mean a thing.

KayMarie

#481592 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Men have defined such, "God" hasn't.
It is just that YOU HAVEN'T...

THOUGH YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINION...

IT DOESN'T MAKE IT SO...

Rom_3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

QUESTION

JUST WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WILL BE JUDGED BY?..when you stand before God..?

what standard will you be held to?

A Roman Catholic Catechism may be?

#481593 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>
IT DOESN'T MAKE IT SO...
Rom_3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
QUESTION
~~~~
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

NOTE

==>Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

NOTE
Act 3:22 --> For Moses truly said unto the fathers,

A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

READ AND REPENT

Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Rom_11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481594 Oct 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
MICHAEL

GOD,is merciful ..he will judge by what we know,..
The,Holy Spirit and,Creation itself calls,people to know,SOMEONE greater than they.

If they have never heard,about Jesus ..God will judge them as they are .
Our place as,Chrisisbs is,to plant seeds,of belief and knowledge if who Christ is,and what He did for us ..

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#481595 Oct 11, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Being Christian isn't a day in the park and all fuzzy feelings and such, its hard, very hard. Christ said so. If you think it is, and you go through trials and everyone goes through those, being a Christian would mean you know how to trust in Christ , do things you don'r like to do and offer it up to Christ. Being Christian means there is a one hundred per cent chance of being persecuted in some way. Being a Christian teaches one to trust in God and to rough it and know things will be better. Being Christian is not following glamorous hedonistic shallow, materialistic fads.
You left out...being a christian means respect others and when you dont agree with them, you bite your tongue and No NAME CALLING and insulting with PERSONAL ATTACKS to prove your point. And also, being a Christian means being HUMBLE....

#481596 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>
IT DOESN'T MAKE IT SO...
QUESTION
~~~

JUST WHAT STANDARD IS HOLINESS TO BE MEASURED BY

WHEN IT IS WRITTEN...

Heb_12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

AN ALMANAC ...GOOD HOUSEKEEPING...

READERS DIGEST,,, BOOK OF MORMONS...

WHEN JESUS SAID

Mat_5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

BY WHAT STANDARD DO YOU MEASURE A PURE HEART?

BY WHAT STANDARD TO YOU MEASURE a chaste virgin to Christ.

2Co_11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Tit_2:5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

1Pe_3:2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

THAT STANDARD IS THE WORD OF GOD...NO OTHER BOOK EXIST...WITH SUCH A

STANDARD OF HOLINESS...

#481597 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
JUST WHAT STANDARD IS HOLINESS TO BE MEASURED BY
WHEN IT IS WRITTEN...
Heb_12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
AN ALMANAC ...GOOD HOUSEKEEPING...
READERS DIGEST,,, BOOK OF MORMONS...
WHEN JESUS SAID
Mat_5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
BY WHAT STANDARD DO YOU MEASURE A PURE HEART?
BY WHAT STANDARD TO YOU MEASURE a chaste virgin to Christ.
2Co_11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
Tit_2:5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
1Pe_3:2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
THAT STANDARD IS THE WORD OF GOD...NO OTHER BOOK EXIST...WITH SUCH A
STANDARD OF HOLINESS...
WHEN THE BIBLE SAYS

2Co 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

JUST WHERE DO WE FIND THE PROMISES OF GOD THAT ARE MENTIONED ABOVE...

THAT WE MIGHT TAKE HOLD OF THEM...

~~~

WHEN IT SAYS

Rom_8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

2Pe_1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

WHERE ELSE DO WE FIND the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

BUT THE WORD OF GOD..

THE BIBLE

#481598 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>
WHEN THE BIBLE SAYS
2Co 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
JUST WHERE DO WE FIND THE PROMISES OF GOD THAT ARE MENTIONED ABOVE...
THAT WE MIGHT TAKE HOLD OF THEM...
~~~
WHEN IT SAYS
Rom_8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
2Pe_1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
WHERE ELSE DO WE FIND the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
BUT THE WORD OF GOD..
THE BIBLE
~~~

WHERE ELSE CAN YOU FIND A BOOK THAT CAN BE SAID OF IT...

2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

~~~

Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Heb 4:12 ===> For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.<===

Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 4:12-13

The Word of God is quick and powerful
The Word a sword
It may be most accurate to interpret this passage as relating both to the Word of God incarnate, and the Word of God inspired.

"Christ and His Word must go together. What is true of the Christ is here predicated both of Him and of His Word."

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#481599 Oct 11, 2013
who="DeAngelo of Memphis"]<quoted text>Hey, I don't know where your source of info lies but that's not correct. Mohammud was a man, a married man, a man whom lived a great portion of his life at the time the angel appeared to him. The angel commanded him to recite, not to write. The book was brought to HIM by the angel. The angel told Muhammud to read (or recite, as is the correct translation) and Muhammud revealed that he was an illiterate. Muhammud didn't have to write but had a problem with being able to read what was in front if him. The Qur'an was a recitation before it was written down finally after years of it being recited through the power of vibrations in the voice. That's what the word Qur'an means, the recitation. I'm sure U've heard Muslims reciting the Qur'an as it almost sound like enchanting singing or something.
----------
My source is the Koran (Qur'an). I also was on an Islamic group for a while.
KayMarie
U must have been with a "Nation of Islam" group rather than a group that practices true Islam which is a set of laws and practices handed down from God himself. Try studying up on Muhammud the man and what steps were taken by him leading up to the moment of this divine revelation (the Qur'an).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,840
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web