Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
464,541 - 464,560 of 533,841 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
And all the people in the Congregation said....
AMEN
Betcha not so in Catholic congregations!!!! Watch their replies...bet I are right on...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>are you on some medication that doesn't allow you to transmit what is being said, accurately?
so let me help you out.
NO SICK PERSON SAID WHAT YOU ARE IMPLYING THAT WAS SAID.
I realize this is a forum and people reply to anything that they wish, however not all people reply truthfully and you are ONE OF THOSE.
YOU R NOTHING BUT A TROUBLEMAKEER AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN
A. You are the one that said a sick person said "Seems to me the antibiotics are staying with her"...

B. You got upset because I called you on it..

C. A other correction..you said "are you on some medication that doesn't allow you to transmit what is being said, accurately?
so let me help you out." I don't transmit what is being said..don't know anyone that does!!!

D. Corrected for you: are you on some medication that doesn't allow you to understand what is being said, accurately?

My response...no...but there is no question that you are on said medication.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There re not other God inspired books...ask any Christian..
Sent in error....computer glitch...

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asea...again...Read what Atemcowboy said that prompted "A sick person said? "Seems to me the antibiotics are staying with her"...my question was legit...Christian in nature..it was not addressing a sick person...it asked a question of Atemcowboy..AKA Foot-in-Mouh
Ox ..your first comment last night was,addressing us,thanking God ..And not thanking antibiotics .

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post where "God" specifically states which books/texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not.
You give life to the word of God: Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

The sun came up today..thank God ..

For every blessing ..for our very lives,..for the lives,of our children.

For any healing of a loved one ..for any soul
Brought goOds,grAce

We should always,thank God
Sherlayne

Newton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>perhaps in your haste to answer me, you forgot my original post to you. please reply in that context or else shut up. I like other Christians on this forum are sick of you.
HOJO, I have been on this forum longer than any other Regular
and please do me a favor, tell me one lie that I have ever posted about God and the Bible.
but thanks for placing a number on the lost souls that follow your false system. by your own words, you have condemmed yourself and them.
Matt. 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and [few] there be that find it.
Guess I haven't paid attention, but what has Hojo done that was so bad?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

<quoted text>
If they are RC and pray to dead saints contrary to how Jesus and every example in the bible teaches us to pray.
If they are RC and adore their papacy and would or have bowed to the pope are willing to kiss his ring finger.
If they are willing to use Mary as their mediator to the father and give prayers to her and call her mother of god and Queen of Heaven and bow before graven images of her
If they are RC and believe they need Mass the Eucharist every week to maintain Salvation and that its a weekly sacrifice of Jesus and they are literally eating his flesh and blood.
If they believe salvation is by grace with infusion of works as a RC does..........
There are more If's but if your RC friends do these things they do not Love the Jesus that spoke and the world came into existence.
The love and worship a false Jesus just like a Mormon.
They may have passion and Love, so do Muslims, so do JW's, so do Mormons but if they all love a false Jesus and they are on road to eternal separation from the Father, I don's say so the Jesus revealed in the scriptures said so and that's why this is of grave consequence.
==========

You can cite the Orthodox for icons, saints, the Eucharist. I would say yes. Be cautious when the Catholics try to make our church and their church the same or "90% the same". Many of the Catholics do that here and then they accuse me of not defending my church if someone says something critical about icons, etc. They will quote from a web site to prove their case, etc

I don't jump to the defense of every belief because I have learned that in Topix everything goes in circles and no matter how good a case either person presents no one changes their mind.

I have maybe 50 documents in defense of icons in my files. Do I really want to go around and around citing my stuff and the other person citing their stuff- no. I see the criticism the other person raises and check it out for myself.

I will jump in when a Catholic will start preaching Orthodoxy. Just be cautious. They will cite all sort of sites. Anyone who truly knows Orthodoxy knows there are very basic ( not semantic)differences in theology at its roots, in how they view doctrine it (does not develop), management philosophy and structure, in authority, in trusting the people in addition to clergy in matters of faith, etc. The Orthodox Church at its heart is spiritual and sees itself as a hospital. In its history the Cath Church has seen itself more in a legal vein. Its changing its language recently.You will find the Orthodox Church of today is fairly much the Church before 1054. You will see many more changes in the Cath Church after 1054.

The Orthodox have a very different history than the Cath Church.
We have our sins our violence but we do not have the Crusades, the Inquisitions, etc.

The only reason I addressed this is that Clay again tried to draw the similarities and asked why do you hate us too.

If Catholics here are offended by this post, please quit explaining Orthodoxy.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I have given in this Thread over and over again the evidence and I am willing to so again but are you the one who said there is no debate, nothing to debate,??
So are you now willing to enter an open honest debate??
That being said, again the RCC acknowledges thousands dead from the Inquisitions and that in of itself proves Rome can't be the one.
So for a starting point do you disagree or agree with Romes own numbers of those killed???
If you are willing to debate the facts I will know if you answer the above questions fairly and honestly.
I am hopeful but I won't hold my breath.
I've never read any evidence that the Church murdered millions. You're right, the Church acknowledges that there were murders. The figure I often see from normal historians is 2500. Now exactly who ordered it and carried it out is a matter of debate.
I believe members of the Catholic hierarchy and her Pope were not without sin. One murder is too many. The guilty clergy lived, died and received their due punishment...
Unfortunately, Jesus Christ never promised to remove the Popes free will, sin or sinful impulses. The dogma and doctrine however, DID survive; intact. And when it comes to matters of faith and morals, the Church can not error. No Pope has the authority to make dogma and doctrine mean something different than what was already revealed from the Apostles.. He would be challenged and then removed if he didn't comply.

I don't think you understand the sins of non Catholic Christians. You say the CC murdered millions without any facts. But it is fact, that Protestants murdered millions. What England did to Irish Catholics was genocide. But I won't go there..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox ..your first comment last night was,addressing us,thanking God ..And not thanking antibiotics .
I am not addressing what I said...but what Atemcowboy said...

Squint...that helps...sometimes: You are asea...again...Read what Atemcowboy said that prompted "A sick person said? "Seems to me the antibiotics are staying with her"...my question was legit...Christian in nature..it was not addressing a sick person...it asked a question of Atemcowboy..AKA Foot-in-Mouth..

If you want to discuss what I said...say on....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Where are you Clay???? The answer will not take up a lot of your time...how long does it take to write "yes" or "no"!!!!

Tell me...yes or no...is the following a lie...it comes from the NABre pope approved Bible:

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God. The gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it: the netherworld (Greek Had&#275;s, the abode of the dead) is conceived of as a walled city whose gates will not close in upon the church of Jesus, i.e., it will not be overcome by the power of death.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never read any evidence that the Church murdered millions. You're right, the Church acknowledges that there were murders. The figure I often see from normal historians is 2500. Now exactly who ordered it and carried it out is a matter of debate.
I believe members of the Catholic hierarchy and her Pope were not without sin. One murder is too many. The guilty clergy lived, died and received their due punishment...
Unfortunately, Jesus Christ never promised to remove the Popes free will, sin or sinful impulses. The dogma and doctrine however, DID survive; intact. And when it comes to matters of faith and morals, the Church can not error. No Pope has the authority to make dogma and doctrine mean something different than what was already revealed from the Apostles.. He would be challenged and then removed if he didn't comply.
I don't think you understand the sins of non Catholic Christians. You say the CC murdered millions without any facts. But it is fact, that Protestants murdered millions. What England did to Irish Catholics was genocide. But I won't go there..
As,u understand,Ireland and,England,..a,lot was,political...again where,NO CHURch belongs,

The,early settlers,fled Church of England,also

Henry's,daughter s,again...political . Though Mary was,very devout Catholics..

Anyway,just a thought I've said before,Clay .

May be..isnt it possible ....THE RCC itself as an institution got so caught up in politics,...as CIB seems to show ....with kings,princes,.
Territories...etc .

That the whole Reformation .....the,divesting of secular power ..the,distribution of bibles ...the evangelical settlement in the,New,World alongside the CATHOLIC...

No one claims he,Protestants,were,perfect ..But ..they had NOT the,Power Rome,held ...IN GODS NAME ..over kings,.

Was,used by God to CALL YOUR CHURCH back to SOLELY SPIRITUAL CONCERNS...away from king making ...inquisitors,..

Peter and the,apostles,were never into any of that ..nor Paul..a,Roman citizen ..,

Maybe,God did as to Israel when we,went away from God's,purpose .

Maybe Mixer POPES,are closer to Peter Han medieval POPES,..
I think John Paul did much good in my lifetime .

Just a thought .

Again God uses eh o He,chooses,to use,to spread the,WORD.. JESUS,CHRIST
LIRD AND Saviour .
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
You can cite the Orthodox for icons, saints, the Eucharist. I would say yes. Be cautious when the Catholics try to make our church and their church the same or "90% the same". Many of the Catholics do that here and then they accuse me of not defending my church if someone says something critical about icons, etc. They will quote from a web site to prove their case, etc
I don't jump to the defense of every belief because I have learned that in Topix everything goes in circles and no matter how good a case either person presents no one changes their mind.
I have maybe 50 documents in defense of icons in my files. Do I really want to go around and around citing my stuff and the other person citing their stuff- no. I see the criticism the other person raises and check it out for myself.
I will jump in when a Catholic will start preaching Orthodoxy. Just be cautious. They will cite all sort of sites. Anyone who truly knows Orthodoxy knows there are very basic ( not semantic)differences in theology at its roots, in how they view doctrine it (does not develop), management philosophy and structure, in authority, in trusting the people in addition to clergy in matters of faith, etc. The Orthodox Church at its heart is spiritual and sees itself as a hospital. In its history the Cath Church has seen itself more in a legal vein. Its changing its language recently.You will find the Orthodox Church of today is fairly much the Church before 1054. You will see many more changes in the Cath Church after 1054.
The Orthodox have a very different history than the Cath Church.
We have our sins our violence but we do not have the Crusades, the Inquisitions, etc.
The only reason I addressed this is that Clay again tried to draw the similarities and asked why do you hate us too.
If Catholics here are offended by this post, please quit explaining Orthodoxy.
What????

So you don't think the INQUISITIONS FOR OVER 500 YEARS 20+ MILLION DEAD. by Papal bull by some 27 Popes of Latin ROME affirming it.
SACKING CONSTANTINOPLE ex communicating a fellow patriarchal Bishop
a PAPACY, i.e. their bishop should rule over all other patriarchal Bishops
Infallibility of their Pope speaking on the magic chair.
Adding books to the Cannon via a non ecumenical council with only the Latin Bishops present all Rome appointed . This does not make this Latin catholic sect not unique?

If so you are off your rocker as much as the Latins are.

Birds of a man made tradition flock together.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So the answer to fair and honest debate is lies denial and big fat NO.

Rome messaged received.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

CORRECTION. MODERN POPES closer to Peter .
Your new POPE won't live in Papal Apartments?????

Or a,rumor
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never read any evidence that the Church murdered millions. cut for space
The Spanish Inquisition

Llorente had access to the records of the Spanish Inquisition. Overall, Llorente in his “A Critical History of the Inquisition of Spain,” 1823, gave a much smaller figure. He calculated that more than 300,000 suffered persecution in Spain, of whom 31,912 died in the flames. Here are two passages from “The Reformation in Spain,” 1824, by Thomas M’Crie, p. 66 that also illustrate some of the discrepancies in such figures:

In the course of the first year in which it was erected, the inquisition of Seville, which then extended over Castile, committed two thousand persons alive to the flames, burnt as many in effigy, and condemned seventeen thousand to different penances. According to a moderate computation, from the same date until 1517, the year in which Luther made his appearance, thirteen thousand persons were burnt alive, eight thousand seven hundred were burnt in effigy, and one hundred and sixty nine thousand seven hundred and twenty three were condemned to penances, making all in all one hundred and ninety one thousand four hundred and twenty three persons condemned by the several tribunals of Spain in the course of thirty six years. There is reason for thinking that this estimate falls much below the truth.

According to Puigblanch,“Inquisition Unmasked,” the number of reconciled and banished in Andalusia from 1480 to 1520 was a hundred thousand, while forty five thousand were burnt alive in the archbishopric of Seville.

Cecil Roth in “History of the Marranos,” page 143, cites Amadeo de los Rios as giving the figures of 28,540 burned alive, 16,520 burned in effigy, and 308,847 punished in other ways. These figures are exclusively for Jews up to 1525, in less than half a century of existence, implying that the true figures are larger even than Llorente quoted. Speaking of Llorente’s figures, Roth says

… these huge figures are open to suspicion. However, they are exceeded by the indications given by the intensely Catholic Amadeo de los Rios, usually most moderate in his views.

Wilder (page 86) presents the figures in a way that can explain some of the misunderstanding about the number killed. Quoting Llorente, page 5,

The horrid conduct of this holy office weakened the power and diminished the population of Spain, by arresting the progress of the arts, sciences, industry, and commerce, and by compelling multitudes of families to abandon the kingdom, by instigating the expulsion of the Jews and the Moors, and by immolating on its flaming piles more than three hundred thousand victims.

Just but one of many examples would you like more or do I run the risk of Anthony accusing me again flooding the thread with spam.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

<quoted text>
What????
So you don't think the INQUISITIONS FOR OVER 500 YEARS 20+ MILLION DEAD. by Papal bull by some 27 Popes of Latin ROME affirming it.
Adding books to the Cannon via a non ecumenical council with only the Latin Bishops present all Rome appointed . This does not make this Latin catholic sect not unique?
I don't think he's defending the Inquisition ..at all.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

<quoted text>
What????
Thank you for perceiving the subtleties of my post.Kirk Out

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The Spanish Inquisition
Llorente had access to the records of the Spanish Inquisition. Overall, Llorente in his “A Critical History of the Inquisition of Spain,” 1823, gave a much smaller figure. He calculated that more than 300,000 suffered persecution in Spain, of whom 31,912 died in the flames. Here are two passages from “The Reformation in Spain,” 1824, by Thomas M’Crie, p. 66 that also illustrate some of the discrepancies in such figures:
In the course of the first year in which it was erected, the inquisition of Seville, which then extended over Castile, committed two thousand persons alive to the flames, burnt as many in effigy, and condemned seventeen thousand to different penances. According to a moderate computation, from the same date until 1517, the year in which Luther made his appearance, thirteen thousand persons were burnt alive, eight thousand seven hundred were burnt in effigy, and one hundred and sixty nine thousand seven hundred and twenty three were condemned to penances, making all in all one hundred and ninety one thousand four hundred and twenty three persons condemned by the several tribunals of Spain in the course of thirty six years. There is reason for thinking that this estimate falls much below the truth.
According to Puigblanch,“Inquisition Unmasked,” the number of reconciled and banished in Andalusia from 1480 to 1520 was a hundred thousand, while forty five thousand were burnt alive in the archbishopric of Seville.
Cecil Roth in “History of the Marranos,” page 143, cites Amadeo de los Rios as giving the figures of 28,540 burned alive, 16,520 burned in effigy, and 308,847 punished in other ways. These figures are exclusively for Jews up to 1525, in less than half a century of existence, implying that the true figures are larger even than Llorente quoted. Speaking of Llorente’s figures, Roth says
… these huge figures are open to suspicion. However, they are exceeded by the indications given by the intensely Catholic Amadeo de los Rios, usually most moderate in his views.
Wilder (page 86) presents the figures in a way that can explain some of the misunderstanding about the number killed. Quoting Llorente, page 5,
The horrid conduct of this holy office weakened the power and diminished the population of Spain, by arresting the progress of the arts, sciences, industry, and commerce, and by compelling multitudes of families to abandon the kingdom, by instigating the expulsion of the Jews and the Moors, and by immolating on its flaming piles more than three hundred thousand victims.
Just but one of many examples would you like more or do I run the risk of Anthony accusing me again flooding the thread with spam.
Killing ..torture ..done supposedly to make people believe in Christ
Is Do contradictory to Christ and His preaching it's unbelievable .

Jesus said if they don't believe..dust off your sandals ..no force mentioned at all

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A. You are the one that said a sick person said "Seems to me the antibiotics are staying with her"...
B. You got upset because I called you on it..
C. A other correction..you said "are you on some medication that doesn't allow you to transmit what is being said, accurately?
so let me help you out." I don't transmit what is being said..don't know anyone that does!!!
D. Corrected for you: are you on some medication that doesn't allow you to understand what is being said, accurately?
My response...no...but there is no question that you are on said medication.....
like I said, you cant read what people said. here is my original post, it reads nothing like your ignorant post.

atemcowboy

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#481141 22 hrs ago
Judged:
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Great one Preston
Did you see EHAT I posted for you on the,Church
Yes I did.

some good news, Shannon came home tonight. she has a UTI.Urinary tract infection ,and is being treated with antibiotics

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Scales Off 8,201
Vatican releases schedule for Pope's trip to Al... 18 hr Barbarian 5
If Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin dona t like th... (Nov '13) Thu Finish this sentence 894
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) Thu fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Wed psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••