Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665571 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#481411 Oct 10, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>And also it could indicate that people are opening their eyes to what has been ignored concerning the practices of the church. They probably still go to mass to keep their own personal relationship with God but despise the church's views which are leaning more and more these days toward secularism.
When church authorities say one thing, and the followers do another, thats a church out of control.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#481412 Oct 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
Majority of roman catholics in america today, the ones who go to mass as required, indicate that their personal views differ from that of the roman catholic church teachings.
What does that mean? It means a church out of control and out of touch with its followers.
Lol. At no time in the Church's 2,000 yr history, did all her members unanimously agree on their teachings. Ever.
Today, with the information superhighway, its easier to hear about the disagreements. Bigots like you eat it up and act like this is a sudden shift in views and everyone is 'suddenly' rebelling against the Church! Maybe you should read up on Luther and the reformation or the Great Schism of 1054. Through all of this, the truth continues on. Disgruntled laity or clergy do not dictate the Catholic Churchs teachings.
Michael

Canada

#481413 Oct 10, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!! I'll take it up with my parish priest at confession!!!
Bless me father for I have sinned. My last confession was 2 days ago, these are my sins. I am here to repent for all sins that I can't remember and those individuals I might have hurt but wasn't aware of it. For these and all my sins of my past life I am heartly sorry Father.

truth

Forrestdale, Australia

#481414 Oct 10, 2013
not wish from evil to pray for victims

they will come as most educated peaceful manner
but they are most evil

yep

don't asked from them for any prayers..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#481415 Oct 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
Majority of roman catholics in america today, the ones who go to mass as required, indicate that their personal views differ from that of the roman catholic church teachings.
What does that mean? It means a church out of control and out of touch with its followers.
And also, Catholics are free to leave the Church at anytime. There are thousands of designer christianites to choose from if the Church isn't 'giving them what THEY want anymor'.. Or like you did, you can choose not to believe at all and spend your hours on an internet forum trashing an organization that doesn't even affect you in the first place.(that's a bit strange of you btw).

As a Catholic, I would love for everyone to stay within the Church, but I say, if you are going to cause problems and attempt to install your own ideology into Church teachings, then don't let the door hit you in the ass. For $29.99 you can go on the internet and become an ordained minister that's recognized by the state of MN, and you can open up your own silly church. The united Baptist Presbyterian evangelical church of God Adventist or whatever.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#481416 Oct 10, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>And also it could indicate that people are opening their eyes to what has been ignored concerning the practices of the church. They probably still go to mass to keep their own personal relationship with God but despise the church's views which are leaning more and more these days toward secularism.
The Church is in no way 'leaning towards secularism today'. Catholics are assured that the basic truths of marriage, contraception and life will never be altered in any way.(if that's what you were referring to). The current Pope speaks very freely and without prepared statements, but he's never gone against the Churchs teachings despite what the secular headlines in the media say. In the past, a Vatican official might anticipate what the media will twist, so they'll notify the Pope on how to word it. But Francis could care less that wicked men will do with his words and what agenda they'll try and advance with it. He demonstrates with his works what it means to be Catholic. His example speaks louder than words.
truth

Forrestdale, Australia

#481417 Oct 10, 2013
Jesus Christ been reject first from all
nothing surprise.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#481418 Oct 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not bless everyone....
------
Marge responded:

but we are suppose to..
------
who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
No way...
God does not..I "does" not....
You go ahead...bless those that blasphemy....bless those that say God is a myth...bless does whose father is the father of all lies, etc etc etc..

----------
Jesus said that God let's His sun shine on the just and the unjust. Likewise He sends the rain to all men.

Then He said, "Be you perfect, even AS your Father in heaven is perfect."

KayMarie

#481419 Oct 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
When church authorities say one thing, and the followers do another, thats a church out of control.
When the authorities in a Church say and do things that are not of God

they have no business in attempting to be in control.

Pro_29:2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#481420 Oct 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="marge"]<quot ed text>
'Jesus said if they don't believe..dust off your sandals ..no force mentioned at all'
this was my point about family church time, they should be asked to leave if they mock and openly sin.
----------
People should be allowed to come to church...they need to hear about Jesus. They should be welcomed and treated with respect.
If, however, they openly promote their sin, they should be counseled quietly. If they do not 'hear', then their wrong teaching must be openly exposed.
Mat 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
Mat 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
Mat 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
KayMarie
agreed

Location hidden

#481421 Oct 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Celebacy (my opinion) was instituted to control the clergys life and lifestyle. No wife and children usually mean that whatever the priest has in his estate when he dies will be willed to the church.
Same with the nuns. The church gave them the title brides of christ, which makes no sense to me at all. Its just a term given to keep also keep them under control.
The catholic church LEADERS encourage men and women of the church to marry and have loving families, yet deny themselves the same priveledge and rights.
makes no common sense
Today more young catholics coming along have completely different views of the church and its teachings than what their families instilled into them from childhood. That is one reason turmoil within the church is quite evident today.
All they need to do is follow the teaching in Scripture..example: Peter was married....and supposedly the first pope...which is a lie..

Location hidden

#481422 Oct 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
Yep..example...only thirty percent believe in and follow the cannibalistic practice taught by the pied piper...eating the actual flesh of Christ and drinking His actual blood!!!

Location hidden

#481423 Oct 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless me father for I have sinned. My last confession was 2 days ago, these are my sins. I am here to repent for all sins that I can't remember and those individuals I might have hurt but wasn't aware of it. For these and all my sins of my past life I am heartly sorry Father.
Which completely ignores Scripture: And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

#481424 Oct 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church is in no way 'leaning towards secularism today'. Catholics are assured that the basic truths of marriage, contraception and life will never be altered in any way.(if that's what you were referring to). The current Pope speaks very freely and without prepared statements, but he's never gone against the Churchs teachings despite what the secular headlines in the media say. In the past, a Vatican official might anticipate what the media will twist, so they'll notify the Pope on how to word it. But Francis could care less that wicked men will do with his words and what agenda they'll try and advance with it. He demonstrates with his works what it means to be Catholic. His example speaks louder than words.
~~~

You wrote

The Church is in no way 'leaning towards secularism today'.

wrong...

The Roman Catholic church is basically secularism..

IT IS A INSTITUTION DIVIDED AGAINST GOD.

it has built three tabernacles..

ONE ONE JESUS

ONE FOR MARY

ONE FOR PETER..

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD...

----

Jas_2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

THEY ONLY POWER THAT PETER HAS AGAINST THE DEVIL...IS THE PRESENCE OF CHRIST WITH IN HIM...

-->ONLY JESUS WAS MANIFESTED TO DESTROY THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL...

1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning.

--->For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil

HIS WORDS ARE

Joh_8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Joh_9:33 If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.

Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:

for without me ye can do nothing.

THERE IS ONLY ONE THAT IS WORTHY OF PRAISE AN THAT IS GOD...

Location hidden

#481425 Oct 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
And completely ignores Scripture: For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Location hidden

#481426 Oct 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not bless everyone....
------
Marge responded:
but we are suppose to..
------
No way...
God does not..I "does" not....
You go ahead...bless those that blasphemy....bless those that say God is a myth...bless does whose father is the father of all lies, etc etc etc..
----------
Jesus said that God let's His sun shine on the just and the unjust. Likewise He sends the rain to all men.
Then He said, "Be you perfect, even AS your Father in heaven is perfect."
KayMarie
It must be in the water!!!

I often see, as in your post above, people quoting Scripture that is completely off the current topic. I suppose they/you think it makes them/you seem "in the know" on the subject....but it does the opposite...not only is it moronic in nature, but it clearly shows a lack of spiritual understanding...

BTW..if she were perfect as her Father in Heaven, she would not be blessing children of the devil, people who see God as a myth, people whom God gave up to reprobate minds, blasphemers, etc etc...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#481427 Oct 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither am I....
*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#481428 Oct 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Sure there are. The selections you think are teh only ones, have only been designated as such by men.

I'll wait for your citation to my previous post's request for you (or any so-called "Christian") to show me where "God" specifically states which texts are inspired and which are not.

Why don't you believe Jesus?
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
No council no men designated the NT scriptures as such they just were by Holy Spirit God divine leading.
From only 150 years of Early church fathers writings we can recreate the NT 98% from them quoting them as such as the word of God as Scripture. Most of them knew the authors lead by the Holy Spirit to write these Books Epistles letters what we call the NT
Understand the totality of this, they are not quoting one or two lines and us saying that the whole book or whole epistle is scripture they are quoting every line to a totality of 98%.
There are no other books or epistles that can claim this stature.
NOT the ones you quote that is for sure.
So you asking for God to give you list is equal to you asking him to lie, he did it the way he chose accept or don't.
You make as straw man statement a false criteria for your acceptance of something 2000 years after the fact sorry you don't make the rules and either do I.
You might as well ask God to give you a declaration that he is God, he will answer, I AM the great I AM.
His sheep will know his voice, why don't is the question you should be asking yourself today.
....but yet you failed to post where "God" deemed the NT as the only texts "He" inspired".

Why do you lie and mislead others away from Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#481429 Oct 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Please post where "God" specifically states which books/texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You give life to the word of God: Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
Diversion.

Why can't you answer using honesty?

What are you afraid of if you do?

Afraid of ridicule?
Afraid of being honest?
Afraid of losing your faith?
Afraid of being cast out of your "comfort zone"?

*sighs*

#481430 Oct 10, 2013
It must be in the water!!!
I often see, as in your post above, people quoting Scripture that is completely off the current topic. I suppose they/you think it makes them/you seem "in the know" on the subject....but it does the opposite...not only is it moronic in nature, but it clearly shows a lack of spiritual understanding...
BTW..if she were perfect as her Father in Heaven, she would not be blessing children of the devil, people who see God as a myth, people whom God gave up to reprobate minds, blasphemers, etc etc...

---------
What book are you reading? These are Jesus' words:

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Mat 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

OF COURSE WE DON'T honor sinful behavior...but if we are simply telling them that WE are better than they are, WE are wrong. Jesus said that others would know that we were His disciples when they saw our great love.

A young communist soldier in Russia was sent to disturb underground prayer meetings. He beat the people, and shattered their meetings. As he held one old woman against the wall, and beat her, SHE PRAYED FOR HIM. Others did the same. That young man was converted.

We can't 'win' anyone to the Lord by shunning/shaming them.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 10 hr Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web