Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,219)

Showing posts 464,361 - 464,380 of532,265
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me Rose, but aren't you saying this to the wrong person? I think it was Oldjg who posted about priest abuse. Maybe it's time to drop the ecumenical charade and admit you're just as much an anti-Catholic bigot like the rest here?
I'm sorry to drag you into this Anthony, but there's no other way, I've had it with their lies. I remember that when someone accused you of saying something a while back, you looked up the post too, you didn't like it either. So I hope you'll understand. I've never encountered a bunch like this in my life, absolutely despicable.

Forgive me for not saying 'Peace' or 'Blessings' to give the appearance that I'm holier-than-thou and butter wouldn't melt in my mouth, like those white-washed.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
\
Of all the lies you have told over the years, did everyone ask for your apology?
Mind your own business, Michael. Stop stirring the pot.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not answering my question:
Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!!
How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!
thoroughly: completely
Who's the man of God? Let me guess... You and every other fundie who picks up a Bible and reads 2tim 3:17.
Sorry ox, I can't help you. This verse does not say scripture is the only thing. And if Paul truly meant that, He forgot to provide a list of scripture to go by. Oops.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

white-washed tombs!!

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
All sinners come to our Church and yours, hopefully they hear the WORD and repent.
But .... here is a big surprise.[**Note: Catholic churches NOT under the direction of the POPE, we are at the bottom of the article.]
"Blessing of same sex marriages and same-sex unions is an issue
about which Christian churches are in ongoing disagreement. These
disagreements are primarily centered on the interpretation of
various scripture passages related to homosexuality, and in some
churches on varying understandings of homosexuality in terms of
psychology, genetics and other scientific data. While various
Church bodies have widely varying practices and teachings,
individual Christians of every major tradition are involved in
practical (orthopraxy) discussions about how to respond to the issue.
See also: List of Christian denominational positions on homosexuality
See also: LGBT-affirming religious groups
Contents
1 Terminology
2 Theological differences between support and opposition
2.1 Views of those who support same-sex unions and/or marriages
3 Churches favorable to same-sex union and/or same-sex marriage
3.1 Episcopalian polities
3.1.1 Anglicanism
3.1.1.1 Anglican Church of Canada
3.1.1.1.1 Diocese of New Westminster
3.1.1.1.2 Diocese of Niagara
3.1.1.1.3 Diocese of Ottawa
3.1.1.1.4 Diocese of Montreal
3.1.1.1.5 Diocese of Toronto
3.1.1.2 Episcopal Church of the USA
3.1.1.3 Old Catholic, Reformed Catholic Churches and Liberal Catholic Church
3.1.1.4 Report of the Lambeth Commission
3.2 Lutheran and Reformed Churches
3.2.1 Argentina
3.2.1.1 Austria
3.2.1.2 Canada
3.2.1.3 Denmark
3.2.1.4 Germany
3.2.1.5 Iceland
3.2.1.6 Netherlands
3.2.1.7 Norway
3.2.1.8 Philippines
3.2.1.9 Sweden
3.2.1.10 United States
3.3 Presbyterian polities
3.3.1 Church of Scotland
3.3.2 Presbyterian Church (USA)
3.4 Connexional polities
3.4.1 Methodism
3.5 Congregational polities
3.5.1 Baptist Churches
3.5.2 Quakers
3.5.3 United Church of Christ
3.5.4 Canadian Unitarian Council
3.5.5 Unitarian Universalist Association
3.5.6 Metropolitan Community Church
3.5.7 Mennonite Church
3.5.8 Pentecostalism
3.6 Mixed-polity and other polity
3.6.1 Moravian Church (North America)
3.6.2 Swedenborgianism
3.6.3 Uniting Church in Australia
3.6.4 Protestant Church in the Netherlands
3.6.5 United Church
3.6.6 New Apostolic Church
4 Debate on the meaning of 'Blessing'
** 4.1 Roman Catholic Church
**As a Catholic we have not heard of any "debate on Blessing." Don't know how true that is.
From Wikipedia.org
STAR,
PLEASE,read my posts,to Anthony

I said NOTHING ABOUT CHURCH TEACHING .

I agree,a lot of Churches,want to REACH OUT ..spread the,word ..

May be that's,why they are on that site ...

I also Saud NON CATHOLIC CHURCHES,reach out especially where I live .

I know it's,a fact

Each Church has to decide how,to handle it ...whaT to preach.

Marry not Marry..I SAID NOT ONE WORD ABOUT PREACHING ..DOCTRINE OR MARRYING ...NOTHING ..

THE fact is,..gay people go to CHURCH ...Catholic..non.Catholic..

A,webdite say here are friendly Churches ...Catholic ....that's it

And that is,definitely all I'm going to say ..talked to AnThony ..You every one else..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's the man of God? Let me guess... You and every other fundie who picks up a Bible and reads 2tim 3:17.
Sorry ox, I can't help you. This verse does not say scripture is the only thing. And if Paul truly meant that, He forgot to provide a list of scripture to go by. Oops.
You are a coward...you see the Truth...you can't face it...so you duck.....
headlines

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount -

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a coward...you see the Truth...you can't face it...so you duck.....
No, I think I've addressed it head on and given you more time on the subject than you deserve.

You're hammering away on a word (thoroughly) that doesn't appear in my Bible. But even if it did, Paul was not endorsing sola scripture. Paul couldn't have been endorsing it because Jesus (nor His Apostles) ever left us with a list of scripture that is 'thorough' enough for us. Get it?

Your dilemma is the same as that fanatic Concerned, you don't have an infallible authority to determine the list of Books nor an infallible authority to interpret them.
You're all born again you say.. And the Holy Spirit is guiding you to Biblical truth?? Well, tell Concerned in Canada that Jesus is not God. The Holy Spirit told you he's not God and told Concerned He is!! You're both born again evangelicals!!!

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

The Hail Mary of a Protestant
(A true story)

A little six-year-old Protestant boy had often heard his Catholic companions reciting the prayer "Hail Mary." He liked it so much that he copied it, memorized it and would recite it every day. "Look, Mommy, what a beautiful prayer," he said to his mother one day.
"Never again say it," answered the mother. "It is a superstitious prayer of Catholics who adore idols and think Mary a goddess. After all, she is a woman like any other. Come on, take this Bible and read it. It contains everything that we are bound to do and have to do." From that day on the little boy discontinued his daily "Hail Mary" and gave himself more time to reading the Bible instead.
One day, while reading the Gospel, he came across the passage about the Annunciation of the Angel to Our Lady. Full of joy, the little boy ran to his mother and said: "Mommy, I have found the 'Hail Mary' in the Bible which says:'Hail full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amongst women.' Why do you call it a superstitious prayer?"
On another occasion he found that beautiful Salutation of St. Elizabeth to the Virgin Mary and the wonderful canticle MAGNIFICAT in which Mary foretold that "the generations would call her blessed."
He said no more about it to his mother but started to recite the "Hail Mary" every day as before. He felt pleasure in addressing those charming words to the Mother of Jesus, our Savior.
When he was fourteen, he one day heard a discussion on Our Lady among the members of his family. Every one said that Mary was a common woman like any other woman. The boy, after listening to their erroneous reasoning could not bear it any longer, and full of indignation, he interrupted them, saying:
"Mary is not like any other children of Adam, stained with sin. No! The Angel called her FULL OF GRACE AND BLESSED AMONGST WOMEN. Mary is the Mother of Jesus Christ and consequently Mother of God. There is no higher dignity to which a creature can be raised. The Gospel says that the generations will proclaim her blessed and you are trying to despise her and look down on her. Your spirit is not the spirit of the Gospel or of the Bible which you proclaim to be the foundation of the Christian religion."
So deep was the impression which the boy's talk had made that his mother many times cried out sorrowfully: "Oh my God! I fear that this son of mine will one day join the Catholic religion, the religion of Popes!" And indeed, not very long afterwards, having made a serious study of both Protestantism and Catholicism, the boy found the latter to be the only true religion and embraced it and became one of its most ardent apostles.
Some time after his conversion, he met his married sister who rebuked him and said indignantly: "You little know how much I love my children. Should any one of them desire to become a Catholic, I would sooner pierce his heart with a dagger than allow him to embrace the religion of the Popes!"
Her anger and temper were as furious as those of St. Paul before his conversion. However, she would change her ways, just as St. Paul did on his way to Damascus. It so happened that one of her sons fell dangerously ill and the doctors gave up hope of recovery. Her brother then approached her and spoke to her affectionately, saying:
"My dear sister, you naturally wish to have your child cured. Very well, then, do what I ask you to do. Follow me, let us pray one 'Hail Mary' and promise God that, if your son recovers his health, you would seriously study the Catholic doctrine, and should you come to the conclusion that Catholicism is the only true religion, you would embrace it no matter what the sacrifices may be."
His sister was somewhat reluctant at the beginning, but as she wished for her son's recovery, she accepted her brother's proposal and recited the "Hail Mary" together with him.
Continue.....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Continue........

The next day her son was completely cured. The mother fulfilled her promise and she studied the Catholic doctrine. After long preparation she received Baptism together with her whole family, thanking her brother for being an apostle to her.
The story was related during a sermon given by the Rev. Fr. Tuckwell. "Brethren," he went on and said, "the boy who became a Catholic and converted his sister to Catholicism dedicated his whole life to the service of God. He is the priest who is speaking to you now! What I am I owe to Our Lady. You, too, my dear brethren, be entirely dedicated also to Our Lady and never let a day pass without saying the beautiful prayer,'Hail Mary', and your Rosary. Ask her to enlighten the minds of Protestants who are separated from the true Church of Christ founded on the Rock (Peter) and 'against whom the gates of hell shall never prevail.”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught, if "he makes the rules"?
You are such a hypocrite Star.
Is it that difficult for you to be honest with others?
Hey, didn't I say we were DONE?!! That means DO NOT POST TO ME.

Delete!!!

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Preston posted last night about a lady in CHURCH..
Was looking for this,

They Wont Let Me In

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. People were filling the church to its full capacity! As they entered, each were given a bulletin filled with announcements, topic of today's sermon, what songs they would sing and who to pray for.

At the end of the line stood an older man. His clothes were filthy and you could tell that he had not bathed in days. His face was covered with whiskers, for he had not shaved for a very long time. When he reached the usher, he removed his tattered old brown hat in respect. His hair was long, dirty, and a tangled mess. He had no shoes on his feet, and wore only soiled black socks to cover the sores upon his feet. The Usher looked at him turning up his nose at the old man and said, "Uh, I'm sorry sir, but I'm afraid we can't let you in. You will distract the congregation and we don't allow anyone to disrupt our service. I'm afraid you'll have to leave."

The old man looked down at himself and with a puzzled look on his face, he placed his old brown hat back upon his head and turned to leave. He was sad as he loved to hear the choir sing praises to the Lord. He loved to watch the little children get up in front of the church to sing their little songs. He carried in his pocket a small worn out Bible and loved to see if the minister preached a passage from the Bible that he had underlined. But he was respectful, and didn't want to cause any commotion, so he hung down his head and walked back down the steps of the big brick church.

He sat down on the brick wall near the edge of the church yard and strained to listen through closed doors and windows to the singing going on in the church. Oh how he wished he could be inside with all the others.

A few minutes had passed by when all of a sudden a younger man came up behind him and sat down near him. He asked the old man what he was doing? He answered, "I was going to go to church today, but they thought I was to filthy, my clothes to old and worn, and they were afraid I would disrupt their service.

Sorry, I didn't introduce myself. My name is George." The two men shook hands, and George couldn't help but notice that this man had long hair like his. He wore a piece of cloth draped over his body tied with a royal purple sash. He had sandals on his feet, now covered with dust and dirt.

The stranger touched George's shoulder, and said: "George, don't feel bad because they won't let you in. My name is Jesus, and I've been trying to get into this same church for years -- they won't let me in either."

Addendum -- Hebrews 13:2 (GNB) "Remember to welcome strangers in your homes. There were some who did that and welcomed angels without knowing it."

[ Author Unknown -- from Denial -- Ed:Anon.]

Inspirational Stories SkyWriting.Net All Rights Reserved.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

who="StarC" Continue........
The next day her son was completely cured. The mother fulfilled her promise and she studied the Catholic doctrine. After long preparation she received Baptism together with her whole family, thanking her brother for being an apostle to her.
The story was related during a sermon given by the Rev. Fr. Tuckwell. "Brethren," he went on and said, "the boy who became a Catholic and converted his sister to Catholicism dedicated his whole life to the service of God. He is the priest who is speaking to you now! What I am I owe to Our Lady. You, too, my dear brethren, be entirely dedicated also to Our Lady and never let a day pass without saying the beautiful prayer,'Hail Mary', and your Rosary. Ask her to enlighten the minds of Protestants who are separated from the true Church of Christ founded on the Rock (Peter) and 'against whom the gates of hell shall never prevail.”

----------
Interesting...especially since it glorifies Mary instead of Jesus.(You glorify/worship her...though you say that you don't.)
"What I am I OWE TO OUR LADY..."

KayMarie

KM
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Hey Roseze, do you allow homosexual couples just to visit your church or do they become members?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
Okay, Rose...the proof is there for everyone to see.
You lied about me.
Where is my apology?
Or were you also instructed by your friends not to apologize for your injustices against me either?
I'm doing well Regina thank you for asking:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="StarC" Continue........
----------
Interesting...especially since it glorifies Mary instead of Jesus.(You glorify/worship her...though you say that you don't.)
"What I am I OWE TO OUR LADY..."
KayMarie
KM
"What I am I owe to Our Lady".......

That brought the prayers [Rv 8:3] to Jesus, Jesus is the healer.

Luke 1:42 "and blessed is the fruit of your womb, JESUS."

Jesus is Mary's fruit. Good fruit does not come from anything but a good tree (Mt. 7:17-18)!

Jesus gave his apostles healing power. Mt 10:8
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church teaches to love one another. The gay people, we are to love and respect them, we don't have to like their lifesrtyle which is very sinful. We are not against the person who is gay, just the act of homoasexuality.
Do you tell them God doesn't like their lifestyle which is very sinful?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Have a great night! 7pm Pacific time.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm doing well Regina thank you for asking:)
Uh-oh, I forgot to get back to you as I promised. Now I forget what we were talking about, lol! I'm sorry, Marge.
Glad to hear everything is well with you. And I do see.
;)

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Pastorgraphs:“A Bum Breaks Up Church”
Many of my childhood experiences revolved around church and music. Not only did my parents want us to get a good education, they wanted us to get a good sense of values. Don’t get me wrong, no one is claiming moral perfection here. I’ve made enough mistakes for three lifetimes; but at least I know they were mistakes.
My parents did not subscribe to the notion of allowing us to grow up and choose which, if any, religion we wanted to select, any more than allowing us to grow up before deciding if we wanted to take baths, brush our teeth, go to school, do our chores and finish our homework. Today, I realize that having a firm faith foundation is about as important as anything a child can get. Too bad some modern parents don’t see it that way. If parents are fearful of damaging their children by giving them religion, just think how damaged they will be for not having it. So church attendance, thank God, was not an option.
In order to join the Assured Brethren Church, you first had to pass a physical just to persevere through the schedule. Sunday school and morning worship was followed by training and evening worship. It was not unusual for us to be in church six hours or more each Sunday. I never understood why I was so tired after the Sabbath day of rest. Then there were midweek prayer meetings, church outreach, choir practice, mission groups, and weekday boys and girls clubs. Bobby David Roberts, my best buddy who also attended Assured Brethren, once said,“Sunday school starts at 9:00 a.m. Sunday, and gets out about…Tuesday.”
Assured Brethren Church was located near the railroad tracks in Yazoo City. Occasionally, we would have a hobo pass by along the railroad tracks, visible through the open church windows. There was no air conditioning back then. Watching the hobos provided momentary distraction from Rev. Goodbody’s sermon. Once, we even had a hobo wait outside the church until services were over. He asked for food. Food was never scarce at church, and the ladies located some cold biscuits and jelly left over from the men’s breakfast that day. The hobo gulped them down with a mayonnaise jar of water before setting off again on his rambling journey. As long as the hobos kept their distance, and didn’t disturb worship, we kept a peaceful coexistence with them.
On one particularly bright Sunday, we arrived at church for our weekly infusion of Bible study, singing, sermonizing, and fellowship. About halfway through the sermon, we heard the church door open. At first, I thought it was my dog Topey, the righteous wonder dog, coming in from making a necessary stop at the fire hydrant outside the church. Then, I heard whispered voices. Boy, someone was going to get a whipping when they got home, because one thing you never did is talk during the sermon. I turned to see who had experienced this lapse in moral turpitude. My eyes became as big as saucers. It was a hobo, a bum, who had the audacity to come into our church.
Aunt Minnie began fanning herself faster and faster with her Stricklin-King Funeral Home fan as the bum worked his way up the aisle, stopping to ask a question to the startled worshipers who had the misfortune of being seated next to the aisle.“Wilburn! Do something, quickly! Wilburn!” she said. Rev. Goodbody tried to continue the sermon, but realized he had lost the attention of everyone to the stranger. The ushers composed themselves in time to grab the hobo and began escorting him out of God’s house.
“The nerve of some people!” one particular Assured member said out loud.
“Wait a minute,” Rev. Goodbody said to the ushers.“Bring that man down here.”

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 464,361 - 464,380 of532,265
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Married in 8,118
More 22 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••