Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687239 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#481396 Oct 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
The life of a parish priest.
No heavy lifting, never get your hands dirty, no time clock to punch, never go on strike, never get layed off.
..... Salary, free room/board, dental plan, health care coverage, car allowance/mileage, thousands in baptism/wedding/funeral stipends tax free yearly, a pension plan,,,,,,,,,,and no wife/kids to support its all for them!
The hours are long, a lot of down time, but what a great life.
I can't understand why more american catholic men are not contemplating the priesthood. Security for life, and a ticket to heaven.
Can it get better than that!(lol)
The problems are that celibacy is not based on Scripture...it denies him the most basic, overpowering need...the love of a woman and all that it entails...he cannot overcome the way he is wired...it is natural as the day is long...and his sex drive will be expressed....in some way...
truth

Forrestdale, Australia

#481397 Oct 10, 2013
http://www.gogmsite.net/the-belle-epoque-1890... is beautifull

what they done
king george and who
bakica sa ustipkim
don't you
098%252Fqueen_mary_2098803b.jp g%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.tel egraph.co.uk%252Fculture%252Ft vandradio%252F8990486%252FKing -George-and-Queen-Mary-the-Roy als-Who-Rescued-the-Monarchy-B BC-Two-review.html%3B620%3B400

what they cooking that time if i know

you did not
yes you are muct be something

now

you try replace as well others much more worse many things

in this city nothing exist

Are you say for me obeyyyy..to whom..that i need cry and pray you all going judge me..
don't tell me you not..

Who put me on that horrible INRI?

pray for us

now

how you can say i don't believe in god

must horrible past of wicket people..

i am sorry
i don't liked wicket evil people.

Location hidden

#481398 Oct 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
I don't know how much longer I can tutor you....its taking up a lot of my time...LOL
"HE THAT TOOTETH NOT HIS OWN HORN.
THE SAME SHALL NOT BE TOOTED
BUT HE THAT TOOTETH HIS OWN HORN
THE SAME SHALL RUN HIS BATTERY DOWN..."
Not with a first class heavy duty generator...and two on standby ...and three extra heavy duty spare batteries...and I gotem....

How old are you????

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#481399 Oct 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
to you Roman Catholics...
I will post his again, because it was evidently ignored
THE WORDS OF PETER (your little god )AT THE HEALING OF THE GATE CALLED BEAUTIFUL.
HERE PETER DISCLAIMS ANY POWER OF THE PEDESTAL
THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS ASSUMED ON.
HE ATTRIBUTES THE POWER OF THE MIRACLE TO JESUS...
Read it and see that Peter did not claim any special
appointment from God..
Act 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel,
why marvel ye at this? or
--> why look ye so earnestly on us,
AS THOUGH BY OUR OWN POWER OR HOLINESS WE HAVE MADE THIS MAN WALK ?<--
Act 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
Act 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
Act 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
NOTE HERE ..==>THE NAME OF JESUS
Act 3:16 ==> And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong,<==
whom ye see and know: yea,
the faith which is by him/JESUS hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
Act 3:17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.
Act 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
THE WAY OF SALVATION --->
Act 3:19 ---> Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: <---
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
Act 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
NOTE HERE ===>
Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that
--->every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
Act 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
~~~~~~~~~`
QUESTION
WHY DO YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS
look ye so earnestly on us,(PETER)
as though by our(HIS) own power or holiness HE had
made this man to walk?<--(MIRACLES ARE PERFORMED.)
TODAY ALL MIRACLES SHOULD STILL PERFORMED IN THE NAME OF JESUS..
AND WHEN THAT HAPPEN ..NO ONE BUT GOD SHOULD RECEIVE THE GLORY...
GOD WILL PERFORM HIS WORD EVEN IF IT IS SPOKEN FORTH THROUGH AN ASS..
Try to tighten up your comments because there is no need to tab after every sentence. Yea U said alot and it is too much to comment on without taking up 3/4 of the page like U almost just did. I agree that it is some corruption of the Word by the Catholic and Christian churches because it twists Jewish law which is the law of Jesus. A law which states that there is only ONE worthy of praise. Christians worship 3 (Trinity) while creating the graven image of God and making that graven image a God (Jesus), and Catholics, well, Catholics pray to everybody (St. Peter, St. Michael, St. Mary, Jesus, God, the pope, St. Peter, St. This, St. That). God's law states that there shouldn't be any other gods to be worshipped and praised upon except for Him. Yea, Jewish law is God's law given to Moses and the only law for people of God to follow which is the same law that Jesus and Mohammad came to confirm and to give testimony.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#481400 Oct 10, 2013
who="marge"]<quot ed text>
'Jesus said if they don't believe..dust off your sandals ..no force mentioned at all'
this was my point about family church time, they should be asked to leave if they mock and openly sin.

----------
People should be allowed to come to church...they need to hear about Jesus. They should be welcomed and treated with respect.

If, however, they openly promote their sin, they should be counseled quietly. If they do not 'hear', then their wrong teaching must be openly exposed.

Mat 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
Mat 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
Mat 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

KayMarie
truth

Forrestdale, Australia

#481401 Oct 10, 2013
truth

Forrestdale, Australia

#481403 Oct 10, 2013
very nice

someone need cry
don't you

People don't realize, I think God can hear prayers.

my good mother why she need suffer

mum that Cross INRI deeply hurt me

i love my son very much
92 days after when i come here
did i need died for him
horrible my life
Michael

Canada

#481404 Oct 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The problems are that celibacy is not based on Scripture...it denies him the most basic, overpowering need...the love of a woman and all that it entails...he cannot overcome the way he is wired...it is natural as the day is long...and his sex drive will be expressed....in some way...
Celebacy (my opinion) was instituted to control the clergys life and lifestyle. No wife and children usually mean that whatever the priest has in his estate when he dies will be willed to the church.

Same with the nuns. The church gave them the title brides of christ, which makes no sense to me at all. Its just a term given to keep also keep them under control.

The catholic church LEADERS encourage men and women of the church to marry and have loving families, yet deny themselves the same priveledge and rights.

makes no common sense

Today more young catholics coming along have completely different views of the church and its teachings than what their families instilled into them from childhood. That is one reason turmoil within the church is quite evident today.
Michael

Canada

#481405 Oct 10, 2013
Majority of roman catholics in america today, the ones who go to mass as required, indicate that their personal views differ from that of the roman catholic church teachings.

What does that mean? It means a church out of control and out of touch with its followers.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#481406 Oct 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
Majority of roman catholics in america today, the ones who go to mass as required, indicate that their personal views differ from that of the roman catholic church teachings.
What does that mean? It means a church out of control and out of touch with its followers.
And also it could indicate that people are opening their eyes to what has been ignored concerning the practices of the church. They probably still go to mass to keep their own personal relationship with God but despise the church's views which are leaning more and more these days toward secularism.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#481407 Oct 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you have committed sins over your life that you thought were not sins and maybe you will not be saved......no matter how many times you go to church or pray to God. A sin is a sin.
I would believe chastizing others the way you do is a sin. How many times have you done that on this forum? Many!
Thanks!! I'll take it up with my parish priest at confession!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#481408 Oct 10, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Try to tighten up your comments because there is no need to tab after every sentence. Yea U said alot and it is too much to comment on without taking up 3/4 of the page like U almost just did. I agree that it is some corruption of the Word by the Catholic and Christian churches because it twists Jewish law which is the law of Jesus. A law which states that there is only ONE worthy of praise. Christians worship 3 (Trinity) while creating the graven image of God and making that graven image a God (Jesus), and Catholics, well, Catholics pray to everybody (St. Peter, St. Michael, St. Mary, Jesus, God, the pope, St. Peter, St. This, St. That). God's law states that there shouldn't be any other gods to be worshipped and praised upon except for Him. Yea, Jewish law is God's law given to Moses and the only law for people of God to follow which is the same law that Jesus and Mohammad came to confirm and to give testimony.
~~~

YOU WROTE

Jewish law is God's law given to Moses and the only law for people of God to follow which is the same law that Jesus and Mohammad came to confirm and to give testimony..

~~~

NOW YOU HAVE PRESENTED A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF...

PLACING JESUS AND MOHAMMAD UPON THE SAME LEVEL...

Mohammad has nothing in God's plan of redemption...

Those that follow Mohammad claim that Ishmael was the son of promise,

and lay claim to the inheritance of the descendents of Issac..

Isaac is the Son of Promise and the tribe of Judah is his progenitor...

This accounts or the war over the Holy land that has been waged for eons.
Michael

Canada

#481409 Oct 10, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
(lol)
Michael

Canada

#481410 Oct 10, 2013
<quoted text>And also it could indicate that people are opening their eyes to what has been ignored concerning the practices of the church. They probably still go to mass to keep their own personal relationship with God but despise the church's views which are leaning more and more these days toward secularism.
Secularism is the ability to use your own free will and know right from wrong and live accordingly. Belonging to an organized religion there is no free will, you do what you are told to do and if you don't ????????

Secularism has been growing in the educated western world for the past 50 years. Religion will not unwind it.
Michael

Canada

#481411 Oct 10, 2013
<quoted text>And also it could indicate that people are opening their eyes to what has been ignored concerning the practices of the church. They probably still go to mass to keep their own personal relationship with God but despise the church's views which are leaning more and more these days toward secularism.
When church authorities say one thing, and the followers do another, thats a church out of control.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#481412 Oct 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
Lol. At no time in the Church's 2,000 yr history, did all her members unanimously agree on their teachings. Ever.
Today, with the information superhighway, its easier to hear about the disagreements. Bigots like you eat it up and act like this is a sudden shift in views and everyone is 'suddenly' rebelling against the Church! Maybe you should read up on Luther and the reformation or the Great Schism of 1054. Through all of this, the truth continues on. Disgruntled laity or clergy do not dictate the Catholic Churchs teachings.
Michael

Canada

#481413 Oct 10, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless me father for I have sinned. My last confession was 2 days ago, these are my sins. I am here to repent for all sins that I can't remember and those individuals I might have hurt but wasn't aware of it. For these and all my sins of my past life I am heartly sorry Father.

truth

Forrestdale, Australia

#481414 Oct 10, 2013
not wish from evil to pray for victims

they will come as most educated peaceful manner
but they are most evil

yep

don't asked from them for any prayers..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#481415 Oct 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
And also, Catholics are free to leave the Church at anytime. There are thousands of designer christianites to choose from if the Church isn't 'giving them what THEY want anymor'.. Or like you did, you can choose not to believe at all and spend your hours on an internet forum trashing an organization that doesn't even affect you in the first place.(that's a bit strange of you btw).

As a Catholic, I would love for everyone to stay within the Church, but I say, if you are going to cause problems and attempt to install your own ideology into Church teachings, then don't let the door hit you in the ass. For $29.99 you can go on the internet and become an ordained minister that's recognized by the state of MN, and you can open up your own silly church. The united Baptist Presbyterian evangelical church of God Adventist or whatever.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#481416 Oct 10, 2013
The Church is in no way 'leaning towards secularism today'. Catholics are assured that the basic truths of marriage, contraception and life will never be altered in any way.(if that's what you were referring to). The current Pope speaks very freely and without prepared statements, but he's never gone against the Churchs teachings despite what the secular headlines in the media say. In the past, a Vatican official might anticipate what the media will twist, so they'll notify the Pope on how to word it. But Francis could care less that wicked men will do with his words and what agenda they'll try and advance with it. He demonstrates with his works what it means to be Catholic. His example speaks louder than words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Kennedy 10,635
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Tue Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web