Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596527 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#481042 Oct 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Confrinting says: "your religious society has gone the same rout as many other benevolent organizations"
Sorry to burst your "anti-catholic bubble" Confrinting, but organizations, heretics, ministers, false teachers, hypcrites, bigots and anti-catholic (so-called bible experts) have come and gone for over 2000 years "AND YOURS WILL BE JUST ANOTHER ONE!!!!---YET----THE CATHOLIC CHURCH-----LIVES ON-----Just like Jesus said it would, in Matthew 16:18. "The gates of hell, shall NOT prevail against it (His One True Universal (Catholic) Church.....That is precisely why Jesus Christ initiated, formed and established His One TRUE CHURCH---as Paul says in I Timothy 3:15."the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH....(to save sinners) of which we all are!! Just because some its members stray, doesn't mean that it was not founded by Jesus Christ HIMSELF to teach HIS infallible word!!
While the Catholic Church is full of sinners---so is the rest of the world.......... The issue here isn't "conduct" it is TRUTH OF DOCTRINE, from the historical and biblical teaching, handed down by Jesus HIMSELF, to HIS Apostles, in and through HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH to His disciptles, follwers and believers........ If you judge truth by the conduct of whether someone sins or not, then you had better "throw out your bible" because EVERY ONE of its authors were sinners. Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners" This only goes to show how duplicitous, twisted and confused Protestants are in their ingrained and distorted anti-catholic thinking!!!...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#481043 Oct 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
I disagree - many nations seem to be in trouble and many nations don't even use the Bible.
Your opinion is only that.
I for one, don't give value to the Bible at all, except in one way - it causes hatred within people, division of like followers, and due to its incompleteness has caused people to only believe in a portion of Jesus and what he taught.
Seems like you are promoting these situations as well.
----------
I don't usually respond to your posts, but you really stuck your neck out on that first line:
"many nations seem to be in trouble and many nations don't even use the Bible."
Exactly their problem... "The fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom."
KayMarie
Incorrect conclusion. The Bible is used in America and look at what is happening to us.

By your logic - the Bible is causing America to fail.

DOH!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#481044 Oct 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sera, the group on that website is not in any way sanctioned by the Church. What they are is a bunch of Catholic gay rights activists who search for local Catholic Churches which have a very liberal priest assigned and who are very open to the gay community's extreme sense of social justice and then create a directory of sorts for like-minded dissidents. We have a few in Minneapolis where the priests are very often times being disciplined by the Archbishop for stepping over the line. I'm sure Rose is a nice lady and I believe her when she says was raised Catholic. I also believe she left when she was a teen, and if she was anything like I was as a teenager, she was probably taught a great many things but blew it off like I did. I will tell you that much of my faith formation came AFTER I matured. I suspect she left long before she had any real grasp of Catholic teaching.
Today there are MANY, MANY groups not sanctioned by the catholic church that are getting the attention of MANY MANY catholics.

AUSCP the newly formed priest UNION in america with over 1,000 member priests. Originally started in Ireland and has now spread to several countries forming Associations and supporting VATICAN II policies that they were ordained under.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/03/asso...

NUNS in america defying the hirearchy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sun...

Woman priests........not sanctioned but stirring up a lot of attention.

http://romancatholicwomenpriests.org/

.....I am sure in your own mind you know your church is completely out of control.

NOW! Does that sound like an organization with all its SHITE together?

I don't make the news.........I bring the news that catholics don't want to know about.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#481045 Oct 8, 2013
----------
I don't usually respond to your posts,

KayMarie
Maybe you should more often - to learn the trruths about your religion.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Self.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#481046 Oct 8, 2013
who="Michael"
If we are all sinners then none of us have a right to point out sins of others, yet this goes on continuously on this forum by those that believe they are saved.
UNBELIEVABLE!
----------
All of us need to speak more civilly to everyone.("As much as it lies in you, live PEACEABLY with EVERYONE.")
Sin should be defined, but without condemning anyone. We are to encourage others to avoid sin...not provoke them to wrath.
Jesus said, "I did not come to condemn the world, but (so) that the world through me might be saved."
Are WE encouraging anyone to be more godly? Do we persuade anyone that God truly loves THEM?
"Whatsoever you do to the least of these...you do it also unto ME."
KayMarie
Your right ..I know,at times,I sign off angry and at times hurt ..
And,I know this,anger is,NOT what God,wants.

I apologize for any dissent I may have caused by my words.

If we leave the forum feeling not right in our hearts. SOMETHING is,wrong .

If people choose to disbelieve what I say or my motives,..Well nothing I can say is,going to change that .

Nor does this forum have any real bearing on us,..except as,it hurts,God to see us,argue ..

Thanks,

God bless you all ..
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#481047 Oct 8, 2013
who="Michael" 42,001 different christian sects, each sect claiming the very same Holy Spirit of God, guides them each to believe their own conflicting doctrine and biased belief.
......makes no common sense!
----------
I suppose everyone in your family and on your job, are in perfect harmony about how to do things...:)
Everyone who comes to Jesus must learn from Him...NOT from 'they' who have opinions.
Martin Luther didn't know everything...but he READ, and learned that men come to God by faith. They don't find God through rituals...OR the demands of the Pharisee's.
Don't worry...God Himself will teach the true seeker ("here a little, there a little"). Marx and Lenin called the folks who blindly followed the 'leader', "useful idiots".
Too many of the 42,000 bother to, "Study to show yourself approved unto GOD..." Too few 'hunger and thirst after righteousness'.
What category are we in ???
KayMarie
KayMarie
\

KayMarie says..........I suppose everyone in your family and on your job, are in perfect harmony about how to do things...:)

Michael says........I would say so.

I practice right from wrong. I am very healthy at age 64. I have made mostly right decisions in my life. I would believe God would say I am on the right track. Everything is good!

Whats missing from your life?

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#481048 Oct 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And HOJO
Since I came on here I have been trying to say we have our Saviuir in common ..
I think God used BOTH CATHOLIC and NON Catholics Christian to Spread the,WORD OF God ..HIS,SON
a different times ..in different venues .
The,COMMAND ,is,called the,GREAT COMMISSION
Agree!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#481050 Oct 8, 2013
who="Clay "

The Bible is an infallible Book, with no real infallible authority to interpret it. Nice one!

----------
You REALLY believe that there is a man who is INFALLIBLE ???
KayMarie

#481051 Oct 8, 2013
who="Michael"
You are saying that Eve had sexual relations with her son and gave birth to her sons wife? Is that what you are saying? You know that, or are you saying that because you don't have a logical answer to make the story pieces fit?

----------
Silly! Eve had a husband...and THEY had children. Part of Eve's 'curse' was that God said: "I will greatly increase your conception."

KM

Location hidden

#481052 Oct 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Emotional involvement is irrelevant for me.
But it appears it isn't for you, as you seem a bit miffed I spoke up?
Why?
Miffed I are not....just stating facts: You are not only not on the same page...you are not even in the same book!!!!

#481053 Oct 8, 2013
who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
Incorrect conclusion. The Bible is used in America and look at what is happening to us.
By your logic - the Bible is causing America to fail.
DOH!!

----------
The Bible is being ab-used in America. While we used it, America became the greatest nation on earth...and likely the greatest in history.
KM
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#481054 Oct 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The catholic church today is in deep trouble.
The Catholic Church is NOT in trouble!!! Those who have "rejected the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the TRUTH of the Doctrine of Faith and Morals----"they" are the ones in trouble'!!!!
Both Catholic, Protestant, Atheist, Agnostic etc.
Isaiah 53:6 "All we like sheep have gone astray,and have turned (everyone) to his own way, and the Lord has laid on HIM the iniquity of us all"!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481055 Oct 8, 2013
Hollywood PMC wrote:
Is there not enough room on the plant for everyone, in spite of our differences?
Who are all of us to judge others, cast out those that don't believe or think the same?
Love everyone and respect each other.
By the way, I'm not gay. I am "white" and was raised a Catholic.
Then I went to school, was taught to think for myself. Question why we are taught K-12 things without question.
Math is the only truth without doubt.
That includes scientific theories ...change all the time .

I was,never ANTI belief as you seem to be but I went my own way
Also .

It took the calling of telling,Spirit . the,searching .

The ONLY TRUTH IS,FAITH ...in that we cannot see ...true Faith in Our,
LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST ...Who took up a Cross ..our,Sin ..because,He loved You ..loved me ...we,did not deserve this .

Every vile deed ...every wrong we have done was in that Cup He prayed
HE,would NOT have to drink ..But He knew,He had to ...in order to pay the price . GODS,JUSTICE...which is beyond us..our understanding ..required an unblemished SACRIFICE....ONLY THAT would suffice .
THE,BLOOD OF A PURE LAMB as SACRIFICE in place of Our very souls redeemed from all eternal punishment

Can you even imagine what HE FELT ..WHO had,never known SIN to bear it all for Us,..That cup was,poison to Him ..yet He,drank it
AND BORE HIS,FATHERS,WRATH ...FOR US,.

it's not about the mechanics,..this,church ...That ritual...
who married who..Mary prayers,or not .

NONE OF IT COMPARES TO CHRIST SAYING ...FATHER WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN ME...And the pain He and the FATHER FELT IN THAT MOMENT IN TIME.

THEN HE SAID

I COMMEND MY SPIRIT

IT US FINISHED..the earth shook ..the VEIL OF RELIGION..BETWEEN GOD AND MAN TORE IN HALF ...

sin was,crucified with Out LORD..

HE,ROSE FROM THE DEAD ...HOPE WAS,BORN FOR ALL SINNERS ..

BELIEVE IN FAITH ..

NoT the little things ...the details .

BUT IN HIM...WHO LOVED YOU ENOUGH ...

God bless you ..in.Jesus name

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481056 Oct 8, 2013
Hollywood PMC wrote:
Is there not enough room on the plant for everyone, in spite of our differences?
Who are all of us to judge others, cast out those that don't believe or think the same?
Love everyone and respect each other.
By the way, I'm not gay. I am "white" and was raised a Catholic.
Then I went to school, was taught to think for myself. Question why we are taught K-12 things without question.
Math is the only truth without doubt.
I suggest. A,very small book ..call it fiction ..take you a short TIMR to read ..

And Then He Called My Name

Author
Richard Exley

I don't know your age ..You HAd Catholic as a child ..
it's not about Religion at all
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#481057 Oct 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That includes scientific theories ...change all the time .
I was,never ANTI belief as you seem to be but I went my own way
Also .
Found it. I forgive you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481058 Oct 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree!!!
AMEN

Location hidden

#481059 Oct 8, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>What do U mean she could have been a sister born after he left or after Seth was born?!?!?!? The scripture clearly states that Cain had a wife before Seth was even mentioned and that he "knew" his wife when he entered the land of Nod. Even more-so, Cain was banished and most likely disowned by his family anyway which is suggestive when we examine the text where he clearly states that he was afraid of what the other "beings" would do to him if they discovered him or his whereabouts. U know, it is so much that U are unwilling to see because U've been taught all of your life to not question what is obviously questionable, sit back and let the minister tell U what he/she wants U to think, and to listen and shut up. That's the recipe for population domination and religion is a great weapon of control. As long as U never examine the texts for yourself with the smarts, understanding, and logic that has already been endowed in U, U'll never be able to free your mind enough to make sense of what U are told that is the truth. If someone tells U that they have the truth, ask as many questions as U can think of because the truth shouldn't contain any doubts or inconsistencies.
You will perish asea:

You are still asea...
I said it before...and here tis again....in the beginning, since only Adam/Eve were created...there had to be close kin relationships. True, daughters cannot mate with daughters and procreate, but daughters can with their father!!! And their offspring were both male and female. This went on for one hundred and thirty years...before Seth was born..(And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:)

Pure logic..from Scripture..Again...Cain's wife could not have been of any other descendent, because God only Created Adam/Eve!!!!

As I said, the kinship between he and his wife is unclear...she could have been a sister, a niece, a cousin, etc etc that was born after he left and Seth was born,which was one hundred and thirty years after Cain left home. The descendents of Adam/Eve were so populated that a city was needed for them...which Cain built...per Scripture...

Location hidden

#481060 Oct 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
- several times its been pointed out to you and the other fundies on here.. When Paul wrote that letter to Timothy, he was speaking of the OT Books. Exactly WHICH OT Books should be the only concern of yours. He likely was telling Timothy to search Tobit, Sirach, Maccabbees ...
Just this Sunday, the rector of the Cathedral have a nice homily directing us to do the same. Pray, read the scriptures, and reflect. At no time did it occur to anyone to 'read the scriptures and form our own doctrines'. Thats the fundie interpretations of Pauls letter. Its madness. You're nuts if you think the Apostles directed the folks to grab a Bible and have at it! Christ didn't die so you guys can lead everyone on a scavenger hunt using some of the Bible.
Our Lord started a Church. Period.
You are not answering my question:

Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!!
How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!
thoroughly: completely
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#481061 Oct 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,Anhony ..I actually left in my twenties ...
What I learned was,from before VAT2..the Baltimore CATECHISM I posted is how I learned ..things were different. I never claimed to take,any theology classes,..nor ever DoD not believe Jesus died for our sins ..though I did not realize fully just how HE TOOK ON OUR SINS
I fully have acknowledged ..That U did not come to FULL FAITH IN MY SAVIOYR in my heart until decades,later ..
as I said yesterday . I ONLY ABSWERED ONE PISER ON ONE POINT..GAY PEOPLE GO TO CHURCH
The only point of my post was THERR are churches CATHOLIC and NON Catholic ..That are gay friendly
I live in county very diverse,..But I was not going to publish local
Information ..do I found a,national site .
I gave no information on HOW they are gay friendly . I DON'T KNOW.
.AFTER ACCUSATIONS,.of being bigoted ..quoting YOU by the way...so as said ..tHough I had my doubts
And another woman Saud I quoted some bishop...I looked last night for that . Found 5 posts from me ..NO BISHOP .(I have the five links in case anyone wants them )
again the point was gay people go to some Christian Churches ..some are listed as CATHOLUC and gay friendly.
I NEVER SAID ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT WHAT YOUR CHURCH TEACHES ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY..
I assume the Church teaching is against it .
I said before until I came back on Topix I thought out differences were ritualistic ...
AND THE MAIN thing we had in common was the LOVE OF OUR LORD JESUS ..OUR SAVIOUR .
I believe He used both Catholic and non Catholic Christians, for the great Commission...HIS,WORD to tell four corners of the,earth
I have been called liar and bigot .
I am neither ..IMO ..posting a,link.I found that lists Churches and that THey are CATHOLIC...one listed I know is Catholic as I went there for eighth grade ...AGAIN NO CLUE in what way They ate gay friendly ..fir a nit make me a bigot .
My city is full of gay people ..SOME go to Church...i assume they go where they are,welcome .
My suggestion to you Rose is if you have questions about Catholic doctrine, teachings, gay churches or whatever, check the internet for websites that are actually official Church websites, don't just look for websites that have "Catholic" in them, it'll eliminate a lot of the rancor you cause by citing them. If you have trouble finding a good site, just ask me, I'll gladly point you in the right direction.

Location hidden

#481062 Oct 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I've only had one child in my many years.....you are using speculation and opinion to resolve unknowns.
But yet - there is no mention of these other children, because they never existed, or would change the story if they were included.
*sighs*
Always trying new ways to make yourSelf believe other men's tales.
Self.
If ever you have something intelligent to say on the matter...please get back o me..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cuba's Havana Archbishop, Cardinal Jaime Ortega... 1 hr LIGERWJDCMARICOS 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Married in 9,536
News Ecuador, first stop on Pope tour, highlights en... Sat Mark 1
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Jun 30 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
More from around the web