Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692112 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#481067 Oct 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to burst your "anti-catholic bubble" Confrinting, but organizations, heretics, ministers, false teachers, hypcrites, bigots and anti-catholic (so-called bible experts) have come and gone for over 2000 years "AND YOURS WILL BE JUST ANOTHER ONE!!!!---YET----THE CATHOLIC CHURCH-----LIVES ON-----Just like Jesus said it would, in Matthew 16:18. "The gates of hell, shall NOT prevail against it (His One True Universal (Catholic) Church.....That is precisely why Jesus Christ initiated, formed and established His One TRUE CHURCH---as Paul says in I Timothy 3:15."the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH....(to save sinners) of which we all are!! Just because some its members stray, doesn't mean that it was not founded by Jesus Christ HIMSELF to teach HIS infallible word!!
While the Catholic Church is full of sinners---so is the rest of the world.......... The issue here isn't "conduct" it is TRUTH OF DOCTRINE, from the historical and biblical teaching, handed down by Jesus HIMSELF, to HIS Apostles, in and through HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH to His disciptles, follwers and believers........ If you judge truth by the conduct of whether someone sins or not, then you had better "throw out your bible" because EVERY ONE of its authors were sinners. Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners" This only goes to show how duplicitous, twisted and confused Protestants are in their ingrained and distorted anti-catholic thinking!!!...
Say on!!!! It makes I am elated to see a catlick call da pope a liar!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#481068 Oct 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should more often - to learn the trruths about your religion.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
Self.
YOU AINT JESUS...

I am not interested in your fiction...

I want truth

Jesus said

Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#481069 Oct 8, 2013
I feel as I am ignoring you all.

But I want you to know I read every word you write.

OK. I read most of them.

Admittedly, when I say most, I mean some.

Crap. OK. I don't read any of them.

But I have people who do!

OK. I really don't have people who do anything.

But that's no defense for your behavior.

Hey! Where's June Bug?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#481070 Oct 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not answering my question:
Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!!
How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!
thoroughly: completely
Looks like you're using the KJV and really really stressing the word 'thoroughly'.
Like I stated earlier, suppose Paul was directing Timothy to go by sola scripture- including the letter he was writing as well as future letters from some (but not all) of the Apostles. Suppose this is true, who's the infallible authority to interpret the infallible writings?

2tim 3: 16-17 (Asv)
"Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness.
That the man of God may be complete, furnished completely unto every good work"

The Catholic Church agrees with this 100%...but scripture is not the only thing. If it was then Jesus Christ would have left us with a list of Books to include in the Bible.

Columbus, OH

#481071 Oct 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU AINT JESUS...
I am.

Well, if you jumble the letters in my avatar a tad anyway.

Odd, huh?

Location hidden

#481072 Oct 8, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>What do U mean she could have been a sister born after he left or after Seth was born?!?!?!? The scripture clearly states that Cain had a wife before Seth was even mentioned and that he "knew" his wife when he entered the land of Nod. Even more-so, Cain was banished and most likely disowned by his family anyway which is suggestive when we examine the text where he clearly states that he was afraid of what the other "beings" would do to him if they discovered him or his whereabouts. U know, it is so much that U are unwilling to see because U've been taught all of your life to not question what is obviously questionable, sit back and let the minister tell U what he/she wants U to think, and to listen and shut up. That's the recipe for population domination and religion is a great weapon of control. As long as U never examine the texts for yourself with the smarts, understanding, and logic that has already been endowed in U, U'll never be able to free your mind enough to make sense of what U are told that is the truth. If someone tells U that they have the truth, ask as many questions as U can think of because the truth shouldn't contain any doubts or inconsistencies.
Hogwash!!!

Ge 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

Ge 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch

How much time elapsed between the time Cain went out of the presence of the Lord, and the time he knew his wife....per Scripture

#481073 Oct 8, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I can see from your response you have no argument. You've completely avoided the dilemma you created by installing sola scripture as a truth.
The Bible is an infallible Book, with no real infallible authority to interpret it. Nice one!
RC murdered 20 million eh?? Lol.
Have a good day, remember its your turn to stock the non perishable goods at the compound!
~~~
You wrote

___

Murder is not funny ...only to the sadistic...

Man such as yourself may be able to EXPUNGE the chronicles OF THE INQUISITION

but..

WITH GOD ...

YOUR SINS WILL FIND YOU OUT...

Rom_12:19 ...... for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#481074 Oct 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I bring the truth and TELL IT LIKE IT REALLY IS!
UNBELIEVABLE!
Lol.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481075 Oct 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
My suggestion to you Rose is if you have questions about Catholic doctrine, teachings, gay churches or whatever, check the internet for websites that are actually official Church websites, don't just look for websites that have "Catholic" in them, it'll eliminate a lot of the rancor you cause by citing them. If you have trouble finding a good site, just ask me, I'll gladly point you in the right direction.
Anthony
I KNOW. Your Church along with many NON CATHOLIC CHURCHES,

teaches,Against homosexuality

That WAS,NOT the point...ever ...I never Said,WHAT YOUR CHURCH

TeAches,..

I Saud,GAY PEOPLE GO TO CHURCH .. both kinds,...some,are,gay friendly...

I'm assuming to make them feel welcome ...

If folks here,WOUKD,read what ACTUALLY was,said ..it would,avoid rAncor .

I'll bet I have mire gay neighbors,than anyone here,..

It's,a,fact ..I commented on it ..

I have to assume that if they look for a church ..they want it to welcome them ..not throw,rocks,. Don't you think.??

Personally I do nit look fir that in a Church ...But they do I'm sure ...

THE REAL POINT WOULD BE ..IF GODS,WORD IS,PREACHED IN these Churches .

The WORDS,have much power ...isn't THAT THE IDEA,

maybe these ministers,and priests feel that way too ..

And none of that or anything I said is putting down your Church ...
Or stating it's,beliefs ..

Peace
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#481076 Oct 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
___
Murder is not funny ...only to the sadistic...
Man such as yourself may be able to EXPUNGE the chronicles OF THE INQUISITION
but..
WITH GOD ...
YOUR SINS WILL FIND YOU OUT...
Rom_12:19 ...... for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Confrint, your buddy said the RCC murdered 20 million people over a 500 yr period. I can't think of another appropriate response than to laugh in his face. I can't believe you fanatics buy into such crap. This kind of absurdity warrants only one response, and that Lol.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481077 Oct 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
I feel as I am ignoring you all.
But I want you to know I read every word you write.
OK. I read most of them.
Admittedly, when I say most, I mean some.
Crap. OK. I don't read any of them.
But I have people who do!
OK. I really don't have people who do anything.
But that's no defense for your behavior.
Hey! Where's June Bug?
We don't know ..I pray she is well..

Robert says,He saw,her someplace .

I looked on the atheists take more forum ..not there
American Christian

Cookeville, TN

#481078 Oct 8, 2013
POPES rape children and it doesn't matter the sex of the child so who cares about your religion. You people are sick in the head. Your punishment will come from GOD and he will judge you, but we all know what you people are all about. We see it hear it and our children have suffered from thier misdeeds. I believe in GOD and he cleanses us of our sins but if you molest children you should be raped til u die. Nasty old prist!!!!

Columbus, OH

#481079 Oct 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know ..I pray she is well..
Robert says,He saw,her someplace .
I looked on the atheists take more forum ..not there
Well, maybe she found some peace.

Lord knows she wasn't finding it here.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#481080 Oct 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony
TeAches,..
I have to assume that if they look for a church ..they want it to welcome them ..not throw,rocks,. Don't you think.??
Peace
I haven't followed the conversation much, but I seem to recall one of your posts linking this gay friendly Catholic group as some sort of proof that the Church is gay friendly. That, to me, brings in to question whether you really are the innocent woman you claim to be. I apologize in advance if I'm mistaken.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#481081 Oct 8, 2013
American Christian wrote:
POPES rape children and it doesn't matter the sex of the child so who cares about your religion. You people are sick in the head. Your punishment will come from GOD and he will judge you, but we all know what you people are all about. We see it hear it and our children have suffered from thier misdeeds. I believe in GOD and he cleanses us of our sins but if you molest children you should be raped til u die. Nasty old prist!!!!
Did God give you some kind of list on which sins He cleanses and which ones He doesn't?

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#481082 Oct 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You will perish asea:
You are still asea...
I said it before...and here tis again....in the beginning, since only Adam/Eve were created...there had to be close kin relationships. True, daughters cannot mate with daughters and procreate, but daughters can with their father!!! And their offspring were both male and female. This went on for one hundred and thirty years...before Seth was born..(And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:)
Pure logic..from Scripture..Again...Cain's wife could not have been of any other descendent, because God only Created Adam/Eve!!!!
As I said, the kinship between he and his wife is unclear...she could have been a sister, a niece, a cousin, etc etc that was born after he left and Seth was born,which was one hundred and thirty years after Cain left home. The descendents of Adam/Eve were so populated that a city was needed for them...which Cain built...per Scripture...
(siiiiigh) ok, whatever

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#481083 Oct 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash!!!
Ge 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
Ge 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch
How much time elapsed between the time Cain went out of the presence of the Lord, and the time he knew his wife....per Scripture
Alright, whatever

#481084 Oct 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to burst your "anti-catholic bubble" Confrinting, but organizations, heretics, ministers, false teachers, hypcrites, bigots and anti-catholic (so-called bible experts) have come and gone for over 2000 years "AND YOURS WILL BE JUST ANOTHER ONE!!!!---YET----THE CATHOLIC CHURCH-----LIVES ON-----Just like Jesus said it would, in Matthew 16:18.

~~~

JESUS IN MATTHEW 1618 ...SAID NO SUCH THING

IT DOES NOT MENTION A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

READ IT

Matthew 16:18

(DRB) And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

(Geneva) And I say also vnto thee, that thou art Peter, and vpon this rocke I will builde my Church: and ye gates of hel shal not ouercome it.

(KJV) And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

FACT IS THE WORD CATHOLIC IS NOT FOUND ANY WHERE IN THE OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT..

MAY I REMIND YOU THAT...

Rev_21:8 But the fearful, and

unbelieving, and

the abominable, and

murderers, and

whoremongers, and

sorcerers, and

idolaters, and

all liars,

shall have their part

in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone:

which is the second death.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#481085 Oct 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony
TeAches,..
Peace
That's not the only issue, Rose. What about these words of yours from yesterday, after I just got through telling you that Tradition does not trump Scripture:

You wrote:
"..more,tradition that trumps scripture ....

You guys,seem to worship whatever your Church tells you ..believe whatever changes they make ...convoluted as their explanations are .
Limbo..oh no now no LIMBO ..the poor babies released ???On the words of the CHURCH .. like God waited for the RCC to take them to heaven . Till.the POPE decided

Sigh"
----------

I'm still waiting for you to show me where the Church teaches that Tradition trumps Scripture. Now I'm also waiting for you to show me where we are taught to worship anything or anyone other than God, and where the Church has changed dogma.

I may be wrong, but I believe these are also the kinds of things to which Anthony was referring. He's being extraordinarily patient with you, Rose. Actually, so have the rest of us, as we've corrected you time and time and time again. Not long after you came here, I also told someone that you were probably a very nice person, but you had a very poor understanding of what you learned in Catholic school. I was condemned by one of your friends for saying it. It will be interesting to see how they react to someone else reiterating it, although I'm almost certain he will be given a pass for the same thing for which I was condemned. Such childish game playing. I'm going to overlook your remark earlier about your "doubts". Did you think I was lying when I said that? Maybe this will help you, but, sadly, I doubt it:
http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481086 Oct 8, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, maybe she found some peace.
Lord knows she wasn't finding it here.
I hope,she,does,..She,just disappeared. I feared she,was,sick or worse,..79. She said,..

I hope she finds,peace and comfort ..hopefully in Jesus,..not whatever
That other stuff she,was,reading ..

God, bless her

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 12 Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web