Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641315 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#480948 Oct 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that he was trying to defuse the tension and allow some people to chill out.
Exactly.

I love his humor..though it threw me at first ..

Thought I was,in Wonderland ..lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#480949 Oct 7, 2013
May God bless you all

And make His,Face to shine on you

And grant us,all PEACE

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#480950 Oct 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Preston..
I truly understand about your daughter .
How is the grand daughter who got hurt.
GOD watch over you all.
the bruises have all left now, she was here until 10:00 while her daddy was up to Cols seeing her momma, so she gets off the bus here for the next few days. thanks for asking
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#480951 Oct 7, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
In the Name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit
Lord Jesus, we thank you that you have brought us together
in fellowship and have kept our bond strong. We draw all our strength from you. We thank you for life, and for every goodness and blessing we enjoy that all comes from you. We thank you for Kayes return. Please keep her and Gif well.I thank you my Savior for all those here who have prayed for me and my "angel" caretaker.
Please help us to overcome sin and through Your great sacrifice to become more an image of you
We ask you these things in the Name of Jesus
Amen
Amen.
And thanks,Herm was looking back..just saw this.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#480952 Oct 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the bruises have all left now, she was here until 10:00 while her daddy was up to Cols seeing her momma, so she gets off the bus here for the next few days. thanks for asking
You are welcome ..

Nice for you .get to see,her each day :) a,few extra,hours,mean a,lot..
pray your daughter gets,better ..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#480953 Oct 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
going to bed soon, remember my oldest daughter, she is not feeling very well and was admitted to the hospital yesterday.
that is why I said I was having church at home last night. in between songs, I prayed until I felt that God heard me and my spirit was lifted up.
She is Saved and so is her companion, and we praise God for His Blessing on them.
and not all was bad yesterday, My youngest daughter got engaged on her Birthday, and came by today to show me her ring and to tell me that she wanted to be married in the church around the corner.
Cathie and I pray for her to get Saved. God has Blessed her with so much musical talent and she has wasted it. she took piano lessons when she was only 8 and after a few weeks, the teacher told us that she was very advanced and he didn't think he could help her out very much. then a few years later in the fifth grade, she wanted to play the flute, and three years later, she was playing in the Varsity band and we were taking her to Capital Univ. for advanced lessons.
I am so proud of her, but we would trade all of that for her receiving Salvation from the Lord.
you see, we need her to play the piano in our local church and bless everyone with that God Given talent
==========

May Christ bless your oldest with His healing comfort and love. And may our Lord call your youngest to Him for His sacred and ever flowing Fountain of Salvation.

“Hey Now!”

Since: Oct 13

Washington Co.

#480954 Oct 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to read twice KAY ..But I got the joke .he was,TRYING
to defuse the hostility with humor ..
On that DNA,post from Deangelo
Adam and,Eve had been in that Garden ..eating the tree,of Life ..how,long we,don't know,.how long did the,effects,last from the fruit??? We,don't know But they lived ling lives,for generations
I DOn't believe the,way their children mated was badly affected ..God,TOLD them to multiply ..He knows,exactly wHAT He was,doing.
Always,
With whom did they procreate? Adam, Eve, Cane, and Able.

“Hey Now!”

Since: Oct 13

Washington Co.

#480955 Oct 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
going to bed soon, remember my oldest daughter, she is not feeling very well and was admitted to the hospital yesterday.
that is why I said I was having church at home last night. in between songs, I prayed until I felt that God heard me and my spirit was lifted up.
She is Saved and so is her companion, and we praise God for His Blessing on them.
and not all was bad yesterday, My youngest daughter got engaged on her Birthday, and came by today to show me her ring and to tell me that she wanted to be married in the church around the corner.
Cathie and I pray for her to get Saved. God has Blessed her with so much musical talent and she has wasted it. she took piano lessons when she was only 8 and after a few weeks, the teacher told us that she was very advanced and he didn't think he could help her out very much. then a few years later in the fifth grade, she wanted to play the flute, and three years later, she was playing in the Varsity band and we were taking her to Capital Univ. for advanced lessons.
I am so proud of her, but we would trade all of that for her receiving Salvation from the Lord.
you see, we need her to play the piano in our local church and bless everyone with that God Given talent
Why admit to a hospital and not a church?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#480956 Oct 7, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen.
And thanks,Herm was looking back..just saw this.
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
truth

Australia

#480957 Oct 7, 2013
poor people sit on street and beging for peace of bread job or bad flat house so on..rich usualy past and turn over..they usually watching turn over money and hand into hand over hand o yee they not have to much they declare like that but in secret they say o yeee how much they are rich..
o yee what a about that big deference ..

i say to you if you do to my loveones you do to me ..
God always listen prayers.
yee
be bless
bless your accusers abusers prosecutors judges and so on

Location hidden

#480958 Oct 7, 2013
Look!!!!

I believe in God, not in a Catholic God. There is no Catholic God, there is God and I believe in Jesus Christ, his incarnation,” the pope said in the interview with the Italian newspaper La Repubblica, as quoted by the Inquisitr.“Jesus is my teacher and my pastor, but God, the Father, Abba, is the light and the Creator. This is my Being. Do you think we are very far apart?”

Da pope say it same as I: "I believe in Jesus Christ, his incarnation,”
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480959 Oct 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree with Anthony, you're a bigot, Rose. This is one of the most untruthful, bigoted posts I've seen here...and there are plenty to choose from. May God have mercy on your soul.
Furthermore, concerning the erroneous concept of organic evolution, on October 22, 1996, Pope John Paul II declared that “new knowledge has led to the recognition of the theory of evolution as more than a hypothesis”

The RCC in a constant state of FLUX
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree with Anthony, you're a bigot, Rose. This is one of the most untruthful, bigoted posts I've seen here...and there are plenty to choose from. May God have mercy on your soul.
Some catholic Popes have said Mary was not assumed some have said she was
Some catholic Popes have said the elements of Eucharist are symbolic some have said they are not.
Some catholic Popes have said torture was ok to covert pagans some have said it is not.
Some Rome Popes have said there can be no Pope of Popes others have said there has always been.
Some Popes said the Papacy evolved others have said it has always been.
Some Popes have said the Apocrypha is scripture others have said they are not.
Some Popes thought the Papacy could be sold to the next Pope others have thought not.
Some Popes have believed in Scripture alone as a doctrine for all time others have not.
Some Popes believed that RC armies were needed to crush doctrines contrary to Rome others have not.
Some Popes believed confiscation of Property was ok to punish non believers in the faith some have not.
Some Popes believed your stand on the Immaculate Conception had no bearing one’s salvation others say if you don’t believe it you go to hell.
Some Popes believed there was no evidence to Mary’s death or accession later Popes say she was assumed.
Paul says all have sinned but Popes say he is wrong and Mary never sinned.
Peter says he was an Apostle among Many but Popes say he was the first Pope.
Some Popes believed the Holy Spirit lead them to institute inquisitions via a special branch of the Priesthood others did not.
Now I could on and On but really we can see it’s the RCC that is confused on the big issues.
But we can know Truth
Sola scriptoria was the practice from Jesus till today.
Facts are Facts.
Sola Scriptura and the Early Church
By William Webster
http://www.christiantruth.com/solascriptura.h...
Is Sola Scriptura a Protestant Concoction?
A Biblical Defense of Sola Scriptura
by Dr. Greg Bahnsen
http://www.christiantruth.com/bahnsen.html
Is the Bible Alone Sufficient for Spiritual Truth?
http://www.carm.org/catholic/biblesufficient....
Are the Scriptures Sufficient?
http://www.carm.org/catholic/scripture_suffic...
The Authority of Scripture
http://www.the-highway.com/scripture1_Webster...
What Do We Mean by
Sola Scriptura?
by Dr. W. Robert Godfrey
http://www.the-highway.com/Sola_Scriptura_God...
But hey if you want you can always use the ReginaM formula and stay in you ignorance, anyone disagrees with her just call them a bigot or anti-catholic apparently ignorance is bliss.
Better Anit-Catholic then Anti-Christ but you can't be both.
Blessings in the Truth, Sola Scriptoria is biblical.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#480960 Oct 8, 2013
Hollywood PMC wrote:
<quoted text>
With whom did they procreate? Adam, Eve, Cane, and Able.
That has already been discussed ..

Eves,female,children.
Michael

Canada

#480961 Oct 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
It is the duty and responsibility of Every Christian to share the gospel with every person they come in contact with.
we are to urge them to come forward and give their life to the Lord, NOT RUN THEM OUT OF CHURCH.
Help them find the Lord and then allow God to work on their faults and sins.
He and He alone can and will clean them up.
I know, He did that for me.
I guess that is why I don't care for marge and her attitude, she reminds me of steve. who forgot how he used to pimp his wife, gambling for money shooting pool, until one night, she ran up against a guy named Baltimore Charlie who cleaned them out and mocked her and him.
...cowboy says... He and He alone can and will clean them up.I know,

Michael says....Sorry to here you have had many problems in your life. why don't you tell us what faults and sins you had to have cleaned up? Sounds like you have had issues all your life.

I can't think of anything that I have done wrong that needs God to "clean up"........I know right from wrong and live my life accordingly. How hard is that?
Michael

Canada

#480962 Oct 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
When They Trespass Against Us
I saw a sign in a church parking lot. It read: "Parking for Church Use Only. Violators will be towed." I wondered if it might be more effective if some humor were used: "Parking for Church Use Only. Violators will be baptized and expected to tithe." That should clear the lot.
I heard of one church that posted a sign that read, "We forgive those who trespass against us; but they will be towed all the same."
We've all had people trespass against us in one way or another. And we have each done our share of trespassing. The dictionary defines trespassing as any offense, transgression or error against others. Trespassing covers a huge territory. Though not always intentionally,
I know I’ve trespassed plenty over the years and more people than I can remember have trespassed against me.
In his book Lee: The Last Years, author Charles Flood reports that after the American Civil War, Confederate General Robert E. Lee visited a Kentucky lady who took him to the remains of a grand old tree in front of her house. There she bitterly cried that its limbs and trunk had been destroyed by Union artillery fire. She looked to Lee for a word condemning the North or at least sympathizing with her loss.
After a brief silence, the general said, "Cut it down, my dear Madam, and forget it." He seemed to know that as long as she continued to recount her losses, she'd never get over them. She had to release the North from her debt in order to find anything like happiness again.
There’s a lot I have had to cut down and forget. I believe it’s the only way ahead. It’s the only way to really live after loss, hurt or insult. Cut it down and forget it.
Judith Wallerstein studied and wrote for years about the lives of people who experienced divorce. At first she was surprised to discover how long feelings of anger and hurt lingered after a divorce. Even ten years after papers were signed, Wallerstein noted that many former husbands and wives were still just as angry at one another as in the beginning. It’s as if they gazed every day in contempt upon the grand old tree that used to be their relationship, now scarred and irreparably damaged, and used the ritual to feed their bitterness. She noticed that some former spouses, years after a separation, still recited in detail negative violations and trespasses of the other. The problem? These unhappy people were trapped emotionally by their anger and bitterness.
People will always trespass against us. But there comes a time to cut the tree down and forget it. For in the end, I’ve discovered that only when I fully release others from my debt am I able to build the happy and productive life I want. And though cutting that tree down is rarely my first impulse, but it is my best final response to those who trespass against me.
~ Steve Goodier ~
[ by: Steve Goodier - from Steve Goodier ([email protected])]
Cartoons Daily Inspiration HOME Humor Poems Quotes Stories
Inspirational Messages SkyWriting.Net All Rights Reserved.
A better sign would be. ALL! are welcome to park here. Isn't that what Jesus would say?
Michael

Canada

#480963 Oct 8, 2013
StarC wrote:
Will try to be back later to answer Michael.
Maybe not, Dodger game tonight.
Go Dodger Blue!!!
Question: If the 12 apostles (recorded in the bible only) were all men then you must have a reason why Jesus would only select men. Was it was because they were all jewish men and followed Jewish custom? Was it because women were inferior to men? What is your reason why Jesus would select only men? You must have one.

90 years ago in america women were not even allowed to vote. Why because men thought they weren't equal in intelligence to make educated decisions. Up until just a few decades ago there were no women police, fire, bus drivers, CEO's Presidents of companies. Why because men in authority did not believe women capable of being in charge. Much like the catholic church today.

It wasn't very long ago women in YOUR church would not be allowed to become deacons. Thats a new revelation in the church ONLY because of the acute shortage of priests where lay people are now doing work the priests did before. When I was growing up, women were not even allowed to go onto the altar in the catholic church and women said OK!. Were not worthy!

UNBELIEVABLE!

Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480964 Oct 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...cowboy says... He and He alone can and will clean them up.I know,
Michael says....Sorry to here you have had many problems in your life. why don't you tell us what faults and sins you had to have cleaned up? Sounds like you have had issues all your life.
I can't think of anything that I have done wrong that needs God to "clean up"........I know right from wrong and live my life accordingly. How hard is that?
The issue is not what you do to other men and women to God that is secondary.

The first commandment is Love God with all your heart.

Why, because he created you, he sustains you, he keeps the atoms and electrons in your body from not flying apart by his will, by his power.

Your post what you just wrote above is Sin before God as you do not give honor to whom you owe your life, your existence.

Why do we do unto others as we would have done unto ourselves.

Not to get niceties from others because God commanded it and it pleases him. So to Love God among many things is to Please him.

OUR greatest sin is refusing to please God as he commands and only please ourselves as it appears you do from your post.

Yes God needs to clean you up so you can do as he commands as he pleases.

Now you might understand what making Jesus your LORD means better.
It is the hardest thing one can do, not my will but yours be done.

Truth Matters Jesus is Truth, in Spirit, in Body, and Word.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#480965 Oct 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>

On that DNA,post from Deangelo
Adam and,Eve had been in that Garden ..eating the tree,of Life ..how,long we,don't know,.how long did the,effects,last from the fruit??? We,don't know But they lived ling lives,for generations
I DOn't believe the,way their children mated was badly affected ..God,TOLD them to multiply ..He knows,exactly wHAT He was,doing.
Always,
U're speaking as if they were LITERALLY eating fruit that had some kind of effect that kept them on the right path. This is why there is confusion in this religion. The tree of life is a metaphoric representation of the righteous path which ensures us the eternal life that is promised. To eat of this tree is to keep the Word as a source of sustainence rather than endulge in the fruits of this world. The language of Genesis is open for interpretation due to the in-between activities one has to think about, as the story tends to not make sense at times.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#480967 Oct 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your incredible desire to prove God's Word is fallible, is beyond understanding...
You have, again, expressed it: Whoa!! Seth was the third male born and Cain had a wife and child before Seth's birth. Hmmmm!!!
Yes.....but....how many daughters were born after Cain was born and before Seth was born????? Adam was a hundred and thirty years when Seth was born. What you are saying shows Adam disobeying the Commandment of God to be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth....that he sat there until he was one hundred and thirty years twiddling his thumbs...then fathered Seth??????
Only three children in one hundred and thirty years???? No way!!!!
Come on now, why are U continuously missing the point dude?! No matter how many girls were born to Eve, they still could not have reproduced without a male. So it had to have been Adam, Cain, and Abel that "knew" these first girls, right?! Hey dont get mad at me. The scriptures that U hold dear implicates this if your interpretation is true. I'm just speaking on this matter because obviously your pastor hasn't tackled this. I'm breaking down the scenario of the first beings just the same as your pastor would have to if he/she were on that subject and I'm sure that he/she would go on the facts about the story to interpret to U what was likely to have happened.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#480968 Oct 8, 2013
who="Michael"
Question: If the 12 apostles (recorded in the bible only) were all men then you must have a reason why Jesus would only select men. Was it was because they were all jewish men and followed Jewish custom? Was it because women were inferior to men? What is your reason why Jesus would select only men? You must have one.
90 years ago in america women were not even allowed to vote. Why because men thought they weren't equal in intelligence to make educated decisions. Up until just a few decades ago there were no women police, fire, bus drivers, CEO's Presidents of companies. Why because men in authority did not believe women capable of being in charge. Much like the catholic church today.
It wasn't very long ago women in YOUR church would not be allowed to become deacons. Thats a new revelation in the church ONLY because of the acute shortage of priests where lay people are now doing work the priests did before. When I was growing up, women were not even allowed to go onto the altar in the catholic church and women said OK!. Were not worthy!
UNBELIEVABLE!

----------
Michael: Churches and individuals have to learn...but many cannot, or will not read, so it takes time and revelation to root out misconceptions.

(1)Jewish writers seldom used women's names, except in cases such as Ruth and Esther, where they were involved personally. The man and his wife are 'one flesh', and when Jewish writers mentioned a man's name, it was understood that his wife was included.
(2)The Bible defies the teaching that Jesus' operation was exclusively male. Luke 8 tells us that a number of women traveled with Jesus and the disciples, and supported them in Galilee. Then these women followed Jesus to Jerusalem, to the cross, and to the tomb, and were the first to tell of His resurrection. They also 'continued' with the Apostles as they prayed in the Upper Room. They received the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
(3)Paul writes of many women who were involved in the church.
(4)Generally women do not 'take the lead', because the male position is that of provider/protector, and the female is the nurturer.
KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) 2 hr Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 3 hr truth 55
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 10,100
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web