Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
463,861 - 463,880 of 533,294 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Where other sins eat away at the soul and burn it alive, despair crushes. The weight of despair can seem insurmountable, so much so that it culminates in a final distrust in the Divine Mercy of God.

Despair tells God Himself, "No, you cannot save me.'My wound is desperate so as to refuse to be healed.'(Jer 15:18) There is no hope for me. You may have died for others, but not for me."

Despair, of course, kills even the drive to give one's life meaning.

It causes the soul to shrink away from the love of God as though it alone were too evil, too fallen away, too far gone to be saved.

Despair rejects love with a kind of violence, though it turns this violence inward and wreaks havoc upon the soul.

It is, in effect, the ultimate sin - the sin of rejecting the Holy Spirit, of rejecting forgiveness because it bloats the ego of the person into thinking that they, and they alone, are beyond the pale.

For despair blocks the love of Christ in one's life, and is a kind of passive rejection of God.

As Christians, we know this is not true, nor is it ever true. The only sin that cannot be forgiven is the one that is not repented of. In Christ, there is always hope

Despair enters because we let it enter, and our surrender to it on the spiritual battlefield is often because we are so terrified of fighting it. Despair puffs itself up to be much bigger than it is, and even those who live in relative comfort and have happy lives with few problems can find themselves in the throes of existential agony.

The cure for despair is hope in Christ, in His Mercy and His Love. One must never reject His sacrifice on the Cross as though it were not meant for the soul caught in despair, but instead make an act of hope. "As an act of faith made in the midst of darkness and doubts is more meritorious, so it is with the act of hope uttered in desolation and abandonment."8(Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary-Magdalen)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

molly and her husband. Rev lynn Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Michael"
If the bible told you to spin on your head I am SURE you would.
Here is some more sillyness!
Genesis
........ First God made heaven & earth 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters. 3 And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.
----------
Why would God have to seperate day and night with light and darkness when they both naturally occur every 24 hours with the rotation of the earth?(lol)
hint!...the sun.
You just keep on believing! LOL
----------
Get real, Michael. Gen. 1:1-4 tells of the separation of day and night on the FIRST day. The sun and moon were formed on the FOURTH day for signs, seasons, and times (calendar).
The Light of the world (Jesus) appeared on the FIRST day. "Let there be light."
How could day and night 'naturally' occur when DARKNESS was upon the face of the deep? You're giving too much credit to the THEORY of evolution. The only Big Bang was when GOD SAID!
KayMarie
Exactly.

I have said that before ..to discussion whiny in law who is a physicist ...what if the big bang was,God speaking

We don't get to talk much ..on these things ..it upsets the Kids,..
He and I are fine..But our kids ..think we are fragile I guess .

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

I am having church tonight in my home.just me and the Lord.

molly was very famous back in 1946. so much that when hank Williams wrote a song, they made him let her sing it. then she got Saved and quit country music. married the leader of the band, who became a DJ in Huntington, W Va. and she almost always sang one or two songs and was very Spiritual. she started out with the Bales brothers(both Preachers) and along with her, they had Jimmy Dickens, the Louvin Bros. and several more

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not answering my questions because you can see it aborts your attempt to prove the word of God fallible.
My analogue of your presentation in an effort to prove the Word of God wrong,is: Monday, Adam/Eve had two sons. Tuesday, Cain kills Abel. Wednesday, Cain leaves. Thursday, Cain takes a wife. Conclusion... it seems as though there were extra people already on Earth before Adam and Eve were even created, and Cain took a wife from amongst these extra beings.
There is no record of Cain's age when he left, no record of his age when he took a wife, no record of her age.
Genealogy records in the Bible list either the line of natural descent from father to son, or the line in which, by the laws, the inheritance descended, or that preserved in the public records. The Bible records the birth of sons of Adm/Eve, it does not for daughters...it just says they had daughters.....when and in what order is anyone's guess.
God Created Adam/Eve...no other.
Cain's wife was a descendent of Adam/Eve...Scripture shows there was a large population of Adam/Eve descendents, from which he chose a wife. Proof of this is that he built a city for them after his son was born. The kinship between the two is uncertain....but they were, as I am, descended form Adam/Eve...
Ok, so your answer is that Cain took one of his sisters (that was never mention in the Word) as a wife and she bore his child? Let me mention that there was much emphasis in the Bible when it came to Seth being born as if Eve had no other sons after Abel was slain. So since U say that daughters weren't mentioned, can we assume that Eve had nothing but girls after Abel's death and that Cain bore children with his sisters and Adam impregnated his daughters to populated the land during that time of only a few humans?!? Maybe Abel before he was killed helped out and fertilized some of his sisters too, right?!?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
I am having church tonight in my home.just me and the Lord.
molly was very famous back in 1946. so much that when hank Williams wrote a song, they made him let her sing it. then she got Saved and quit country music. married the leader of the band, who became a DJ in Huntington, W Va. and she almost always sang one or two songs and was very Spiritual. she started out with the Bales brothers(both Preachers) and along with her, they had Jimmy Dickens, the Louvin Bros. and several more
matthew chapter 24

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't they get rid of all their gay clergy? So far I've only seen them protected. Did you ever consider God MADE gays the way they are?
I have no clue why gays are gay.

I just said THEY go I Church..

And some go to Catholic Church ..
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Where other sins eat away at the soul and burn it alive, despair crushes. The weight of despair can seem insurmountable, so much so that it culminates in a final distrust in the Divine Mercy of God.
Despair tells God Himself, "No, you cannot save me.'My wound is desperate so as to refuse to be healed.'(Jer 15:18) There is no hope for me. You may have died for others, but not for me."
It causes the soul to shrink away from the love of God as though it alone were too evil, too fallen away, too far gone to be saved.
Despair rejects love with a kind of violence, though it turns this violence inward and wreaks havoc upon the soul.
It is, in effect, the ultimate sin - the sin of rejecting the Holy Spirit, of rejecting forgiveness because it bloats the ego of the person into thinking that they, and they alone, are beyond the pale.
For despair blocks the love of Christ in one's life, and is a kind of passive rejection of God.
As Christians, we know this is not true, nor is it ever true. The only sin that cannot be forgiven is the one that is not repented of. In Christ, there is always hope
Despair enters because we let it enter, and our surrender to it on the spiritual battlefield is often because we are so terrified of fighting it. Despair puffs itself up to be much bigger than it is, and even those who live in relative comfort and have happy lives with few problems can find themselves in the throes of existential agony.
The cure for despair is hope in Christ, in His Mercy and His Love. One must never reject His sacrifice on the Cross as though it were not meant for the soul caught in despair, but instead make an act of hope. "As an act of faith made in the midst of darkness and doubts is more meritorious, so it is with the act of hope uttered in desolation and abandonment."8(Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary-Magdalen)
The Eighth Deadly Sin?
http://ascentofcarmel.blogspot.com/2013/10/th...

I like Mr. Liske's blog, too. I think he would appreciate the credit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no clue why gays are gay.
I just said THEY go I Church..
And some go to Catholic Church ..
No offense intended but your sentences would make more sense if U proof-read and spell check before U hit "post comment". No offense intended.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>T ell me the amount of time lapsed between when Eve conceived her second and third child! U know, U still avoided the question!!! The question was, WHERE DID CAIN'S WIFE COME FROM? Was it his sister? Did Eve have other children before Seth was conceived?, because Seth would have only been the 3rd child. If this is the word directly from God, then there should be no contradictions, period!! But yet it seems as though there were extra people already on Earth before Adam and Eve were even created, and Cain took a wife from amongst these extra beings. Or did he take his sister as a wife?
Her male children are named ..First three anyway .
We don't know about the females,.

I imagine she had many children before and after Seth....perhaps even girls between Cain and Abel...as they were men when Abel was killed .

Since God old hem to multiply ..She was probably quite fertile ..

Had many many children .just because of the gestation time for women.

We can posit there were a,lot of them ..And perhaps her offspring had mire than one wife ...as did Jacob ...

Just a supposition

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Eighth Deadly Sin?
http://ascentofcarmel.blogspot.com/2013/10/th...
I didn't claim I wrote it. I focused on the thought, not the site. I don't know enough about the site to recommend it. I am not going to refer someone to a site unless I know it fully- what its positions are. The biggest question is how far in school did you get. People on graduate post graduate levels have never had to make me aware of academic ethics. Stick to the blogs. I find it interesting than rather see the positive in my posting from a Catholic site, you found something to try to get a dig in.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

The Eighth Deadly Sin?
http://ascentofcarmel.blogspot.com/2013/10/th ...

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Yo there my ghetto queen,the Bible? We all know that Christ is the Living Word and the Word is Christ. For God so loved the world.... Noone owns the Blessed Word.
The Bible came out of the Church, not the other way around. This is also an orthodox teaching.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Everyone please note. We have been getting along. Be aware who started something up.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>If U don't know how to explain where Cain's wife came from, please just say so! U will get more respect by admitting that it is outside of your current understanding than if U just dance around questions!
I just did ..one of the daughters ..born after Abel
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I didn't claim I wrote it. I focused on the thought, not the site. I don't know enough about the site to recommend it. I am not going to refer someone to a site unless I know it fully- what its positions are. The biggest question is how far in school did you get. People on graduate post graduate levels have never had to make me aware of academic ethics. Stick to the blogs. I find it interesting than rather see the positive in my posting from a Catholic site, you found something to try to get a dig in.
No, no dig at all. I like his blog and I very much liked the post that you pasted here. The only thing I object to is not crediting him. It's unethical not to do so. No need to have a hissy fit, Nick. The article is very good.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

nobody care
not me
not any more
all of you going disappear
as smoke going wicket going
as wind huuuuuuu its going too
as waves play with drops of water can be dry in send

talk going in vain
as everything is in vain under sky

in bigining is been darkness
light come after

not this time

i walk in this city
where nothing exist

nice diploma in nice suits lay down on street as pigs fat dead body..

he have long hair divided on middle with long dress
stop there near red and dark yellow buildings bricks

someone who try stop not to happen many things
can understood spiritual side..not calling people
stupid or mental..
holy spirit working on invisible way..

another things
-you have energy which is already invisible as wind but very powerful into visibility to used anything..
-as power of water as well power of fire..
-don't be person with lust not to understood..

holy spirit is deference
very sad fat pigs in nice suits diploma finish like that,see god don't liked people with pride..

it is written
-its exist who can destroy invisible way soul too
-it is written its exist who can destroy body too

if you not see or did not know its not nice call people mental
someone yes not meeeeeeeeee

n
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Everyone please note. We have been getting along. Be aware who started something up.
lol, you're not campaigning for the presidency.

No one "started anything up". Why are you getting so bent out of shape? The man deserves to be credited for his writings. I did nothing wrong by doing just that. There's no need for you to start an argument over it.

In fact, I'm *not* going to argue with you. If you don't like my posts, scroll past them. Easy peasy!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 11 min psycho 4
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 1 hr Hick 30
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Cultastic 8,187
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 5 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••