Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,119
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#480562 Oct 6, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Yo there my ghetto queen,the Bible? We all know that Christ is the Living Word and the Word is Christ. For God so loved the world.... Noone owns the Blessed Word.
Say What? ghetto queen? No soup for you!

Location hidden

#480563 Oct 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why throw it at him?? How would you like some nut at McDonald to throw a hamburger at you!!!!!
lol..Ox..you gotta see this man. He is like big foot..I am scared of him.I am not into taming wild beasts lol

Location hidden

#480564 Oct 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not a descendent of Adam/Eve...you are not a descendent of apes...what are you a descendent of???!!
theres a third choice? lol

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#480565 Oct 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have only one ear???!!!
LOL

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#480566 Oct 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are at sea....my argument was not that God does not hear you pray if you pray in the wrong place...
OX

I LEARNED GROUP PRAYING ..we sat in a circle ..told our concerns and prayed ...in my SBC CHURCH..all of us adding to the prayer ..OUT LOUD .NO CLOSETS..

IT made us closer..which is my intent here..

so my SBC CHURCH was WRONG ..THE PEOPLE HYPOCRITES..

.according to you ..

You're SBC????

Pray in your closet..pray at CHURCH..pray in a circle ...

And I will do as my conscience tells ME ..

Location hidden

#480567 Oct 6, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Say What? ghetto queen? No soup for you!
==========

Do not come wiz me to ze Casbah - we shall make beautiful musicks togezzer right here!

The Stink of Love: Pepe Le Pew's Guide to L'Amour

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#480568 Oct 6, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
RCC man made tradition is considered to be equal to scripture even when it directly contradiction the Word of God the Bible that the Holy Spirit God breathed some 800 years before your sect even started to resemble what it is today before it existed.
Scripture was determined by the Holy Spirit hundreds of years before any council convened and said they were scripture.
They were considered as scripture by the early Church way before any council and way way before the RCC sect existed, and from the writings of the early church fathers from the first 200 years of Christendom we can construct 98% of the NT were they quote the NT books writings as such as Scripture. They just don't quote the book they quote referencing it as Gods Word, scripture. You will UNDERSTAND HOW INCREDIBLE THAT IS WHEN ONE UNDERSTANDS HOW MANY WRITINGS SURELY WERE LOST!
You see God preserves his word independently of Man made institutions he does not need your Popes or RCC sect or your man made tradition. The Glory is all his never mans, and in fact scripture testifies to this Explicitly , the councils only recognized that which was already known through out Christendom.
The Bible is Gods word, it is not Tradition as the meaning you use for the word.
The RCC had nothing to do with the NT let alone the OT it did not exist when canonized, that is historical fact. In fact that which was the NT and OT for 1500 years Rome added to at Trent and even the RC New Advent Encyclopedia acknowledges this fact. As I have post numerous times.
I know what RCC tradition is, it is Anti-biblical and Anti-Christ.
I don't know about Rose posting verifiable biblical and historical Facts but I have done so on a continuum here with every RC changing the subject when I do and claiming I have not or just saying I am wrong now go away there is no debate. So if you are the Typical RC here I am sure she has posted much that you chose to ignore.
Truth Matters all you post is puffed up smug RC elitism
Only things I've posted about is what I learned as a Catholic .IN THE FIFTIES..they don't believe me ...u spectrum MY catechism

They think it's,not true

http://catecheticsonline.com/...

Do they can believe satiety wish

Her post was about me saying heresy THRY talk on tradition...it's true bible...putting us,down for our believing it
..not through their CHURCH...no wonder people like that poster DeSngelo
Think.they made it up with Constantine

I'm not good,at research as you guys,...,.
In just know EHAT I learned and believe since coming to Christ

You folks ...are good teachers ...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#480569 Oct 6, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>T ell me the amount of time lapsed between when Eve conceived her second and third child! U know, U still avoided the question!!! The question was, WHERE DID CAIN'S WIFE COME FROM? Was it his sister? Did Eve have other children before Seth was conceived?, because Seth would have only been the 3rd child. If this is the word directly from God, then there should be no contradictions, period!! But yet it seems as though there were extra people already on Earth before Adam and Eve were even created, and Cain took a wife from amongst these extra beings. Or did he take his sister as a wife?
You are not answering my questions because you can see it aborts your attempt to prove the word of God fallible.

My analogue of your presentation in an effort to prove the Word of God wrong,is: Monday, Adam/Eve had two sons. Tuesday, Cain kills Abel. Wednesday, Cain leaves. Thursday, Cain takes a wife. Conclusion... it seems as though there were extra people already on Earth before Adam and Eve were even created, and Cain took a wife from amongst these extra beings.

There is no record of Cain's age when he left, no record of his age when he took a wife, no record of her age.

Genealogy records in the Bible list either the line of natural descent from father to son, or the line in which, by the laws, the inheritance descended, or that preserved in the public records. The Bible records the birth of sons of Adm/Eve, it does not for daughters...it just says they had daughters.....when and in what order is anyone's guess.

God Created Adam/Eve...no other.

Cain's wife was a descendent of Adam/Eve...Scripture shows there was a large population of Adam/Eve descendents, from which he chose a wife. Proof of this is that he built a city for them after his son was born. The kinship between the two is uncertain....but they were, as I am, descended form Adam/Eve...

Location hidden

#480570 Oct 6, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>theres a third choice? lol
If he is neither the descendent of the first two choices...what's left???? You think maybe he just popped up out of the ground?????

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#480571 Oct 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
When prayer is offered ...
We are "STANDING IN THE GAP AND MAKING UP THE HEDGE ....
IN INTERCESSION...
THE OLD TESTAMENT REFERENCES...
Eze_22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
IN THE NEW TESTAMENT..
Php 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
Php 4:6 ==>Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. <==
Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
GOD HEARS BOTH PUBLIC... AND PRIVATE PRAYERS...
THE PROBLEM FOR MOST IS GETTING CHRISTIANS... TO PRAY EITHER WAY...
GOD COULD NOT FIND 10 ... THAT COULD STAND IN THE GAP AND MAKE UP
THE HEDGE FOR SODOM....SO HE RAINED FIRE AND BRIMSTONE ON THE EVIL CITIES...
NOTE
Gen 18:23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
Gen 18:24 Peradventure there be FIFTY righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
Gen 18:25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
Gen 18:26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
Gen 18:27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
Gen 18:28 Peradventure there shall lack FIVE OF THE FIFTY RIGHTEOUS: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
Gen 18:29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be FORTY FOUND there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
Gen 18:30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall THIRTY BE FOUND there.
And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
Gen 18:31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
Gen 18:32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure TEM SHALL BE FOUND THERE . And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
Gen 18:33 And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.
WILL YOU BE ONE ....
THAT WILL STAND IN THE GAP ....
AND
MAKE UP THE HEDGE FOR AMERICA....?
We should most definitely...as we drift farther sway from how,we started ..the lie us,we never were a,Judeo Christian country...
And each generation.......more swallow this nonsense.

REWRITING HISTORY

GOD HELP US,ALL

Location hidden

#480572 Oct 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
OX
I LEARNED GROUP PRAYING ..we sat in a circle ..told our concerns and prayed ...in my SBC CHURCH..all of us adding to the prayer ..OUT LOUD .NO CLOSETS..
IT made us closer..which is my intent here..
so my SBC CHURCH was WRONG ..THE PEOPLE HYPOCRITES..
.according to you ..
You're SBC????
Pray in your closet..pray at CHURCH..pray in a circle ...
And I will do as my conscience tells ME ..
When you pray online, you are emulating the Pharisees praying on street corners. Plus...this is not a prayer meeting.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#480573 Oct 6, 2013

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#480574 Oct 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
sec try..
Deangelo...where art thou???
And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.
Tell me how much time lapsed from the time Cain left the presence of the Lord, until he knew his wife....
Tell me why a city was required for three people????!!!
If U don't know how to explain where Cain's wife came from, please just say so! U will get more respect by admitting that it is outside of your current understanding than if U just dance around questions!

Location hidden

#480575 Oct 6, 2013

Location hidden

#480576 Oct 6, 2013
oops three nails

Location hidden

#480577 Oct 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =y2aXJXg_9AwXX
Very nice

Location hidden

#480578 Oct 6, 2013
molly O'Day

a woman who gave up much to gain it all.

Location hidden

#480579 Oct 6, 2013

Location hidden

#480580 Oct 6, 2013
Where other sins eat away at the soul and burn it alive, despair crushes. The weight of despair can seem insurmountable, so much so that it culminates in a final distrust in the Divine Mercy of God.

Despair tells God Himself, "No, you cannot save me.'My wound is desperate so as to refuse to be healed.'(Jer 15:18) There is no hope for me. You may have died for others, but not for me."

Despair, of course, kills even the drive to give one's life meaning.

It causes the soul to shrink away from the love of God as though it alone were too evil, too fallen away, too far gone to be saved.

Despair rejects love with a kind of violence, though it turns this violence inward and wreaks havoc upon the soul.

It is, in effect, the ultimate sin - the sin of rejecting the Holy Spirit, of rejecting forgiveness because it bloats the ego of the person into thinking that they, and they alone, are beyond the pale.

For despair blocks the love of Christ in one's life, and is a kind of passive rejection of God.

As Christians, we know this is not true, nor is it ever true. The only sin that cannot be forgiven is the one that is not repented of. In Christ, there is always hope

Despair enters because we let it enter, and our surrender to it on the spiritual battlefield is often because we are so terrified of fighting it. Despair puffs itself up to be much bigger than it is, and even those who live in relative comfort and have happy lives with few problems can find themselves in the throes of existential agony.

The cure for despair is hope in Christ, in His Mercy and His Love. One must never reject His sacrifice on the Cross as though it were not meant for the soul caught in despair, but instead make an act of hope. "As an act of faith made in the midst of darkness and doubts is more meritorious, so it is with the act of hope uttered in desolation and abandonment."8(Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary-Magdalen)

Location hidden

#480581 Oct 6, 2013
molly and her husband. Rev lynn Davis

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Jesus saves 8,717
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 22 hr Jeff Brightone 1
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Tue USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Tue woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web