Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
463,801 - 463,820 of 539,671 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#480520 Oct 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying you are a descendent of apes????
Have you sat down and figured out which one of these stories below that you are going with? LOL!

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/acco...

UNBELIEVABLE!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#480521 Oct 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
When prayer is offered ...
We are "STANDING IN THE GAP AND MAKING UP THE HEDGE ....
IN INTERCESSION...
THE OLD TESTAMENT REFERENCES...
Eze_22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
IN THE NEW TESTAMENT..
Php 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
Php 4:6 ==>Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. <==
Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
GOD HEARS BOTH PUBLIC... AND PRIVATE PRAYERS...
THE PROBLEM FOR MOST IS GETTING CHRISTIANS... TO PRAY EITHER WAY...
GOD COULD NOT FIND 10 ... THAT COULD STAND IN THE GAP AND MAKE UP
THE HEDGE FOR SODOM....SO HE RAINED FIRE AND BRIMSTONE ON THE EVIL CITIES...
NOTE
Gen 18:23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
Gen 18:24 Peradventure there be FIFTY righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
Gen 18:25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
Gen 18:26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
Gen 18:27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
Gen 18:28 Peradventure there shall lack FIVE OF THE FIFTY RIGHTEOUS: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
Gen 18:29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be FORTY FOUND there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
Gen 18:30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall THIRTY BE FOUND there.
And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
Gen 18:31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
Gen 18:32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure TEM SHALL BE FOUND THERE . And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
Gen 18:33 And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.
WILL YOU BE ONE ....
THAT WILL STAND IN THE GAP ....
AND
MAKE UP THE HEDGE FOR AMERICA....?
~~~
WILL YOU CALL ON GOD IN JESUS NAME?... FOR AMERICA?

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

GOD SAID
Jer 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

AND AGAIN

Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

JESUS SAID ..

GOD SAID
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#480522 Oct 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying you are a descendent of apes????
If the bible told you to spin on your head I am SURE you would.

Here is some more sillyness!

Genesis

........ First God made heaven & earth 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters. 3 And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

----------

Why would God have to seperate day and night with light and darkness when they both naturally occur every 24 hours with the rotation of the earth?(lol)

hint!...the sun.

You just keep on believing! LOL

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#480523 Oct 6, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Someone who is in heaven is closer to God, don't ya think? Intercessory prayer works.
Husker Du says..........Someone who is in heaven is closer to God, don't ya think?

Michael says.......I thought no one is in heaven right now. Aren't we all suppose to wait for judgement day?

If heaven is Gods spiritual world, where was God before he created heaven?

If God created everything then God created Satan. Right?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#480524 Oct 6, 2013
The creation of mankind as some claim.

Was it about 8,000 years ago as many christians claim? Was it about 800,000 years ago as many christians claim? If dinasours died off over 65,000,000 years ago then for sure the ONE genesis story is bogus about mankind being created before animals.

No one with any certainty knows, much like what is written in genesis. Stories written by unknown people with an agenda plying their story to a particular audience.

Where does the fiction stop and where does the truth begin..........NOBODY KNOWS!!!! but there are those who believe they do.(lol)

#480525 Oct 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis
........ First God made heaven & earth 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters. 3 And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.
----------
Why would God have to seperate day and night with light and darkness when they both naturally occur every 24 hours with the rotation of the earth?(lol)
hint!...the sun.
~~~

EVIDENTLY YOU HAVE ALLOWED YOUR HEART TO GRAVITATE INTO ATHEISM

UNTIL IT IS WITH OUT FORM AN DARKNESS IS UPON THE FACE OF THE

DEPTH OF YOUR SOUL..

GOD WANTS TO

deliver YOU from the power of darkness, and hath translated YOU into the kingdom of his dear Son:

BUT HE WONT VIOLATE YOUR WILL AND FORCE IT UPON YOU...

BUT

LET ME WARN YOU AGAIN ...YOU WILL HAVE HELL TO PAY IF YOU DON'T.

HE IS YOUR SAVIOR NOW...AND OFFERS YOU ETERNAL KIFE WITH HIM...

BUT HE WILL BECOME YOUR JUDGE IF ...YOU REJECT HIS LOVE AND GRACE.

Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#480526 Oct 6, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Tradition does not trump Scripture.
I don't know where you got that from, Rose.
Do show us where The Church teaches this.
Yes, the Bible is a Catholic book. History bears this out.
As well, the NT books and epistles were written by The Church for The Church.
The Canon of Scripture was determined by The Church for The Church, based on what The Church had always taught...before one word of the NT was ever written.
The Bible is the written portion of Sacred Tradition.
You don't know what Sacred Tradition is, do you?
Scripture itself denounces private interpretation.
I've not seen anyone "put non-Catholics down for giving scripture".
Again, show us where this was done.
You have a bad habit of making public statements about The Church that aren't true, Rose. As was suggested a few days ago, you should drop the ecumenical charade and start backing up your pronouncements with facts.
ReginaM. says..........Yes, the Bible is a Catholic book. History bears this out.

Michael says........Luke was the ONLY non-jewish gospel writer, therefore the gospels and all other bible writings were written by JEWISH writers. and Jews did not believe in sons of God, so magically long after these writers died the early catholic fathers who formed together, miraculously changed all writings to be UNDER the catholic banner, much like someone changing a Macdonalds big mac into a Wendys baconator.

UNBELIEVABLE!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#480527 Oct 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
EVIDENTLY YOU HAVE ALLOWED YOUR HEART TO GRAVITATE INTO ATHEISM
UNTIL IT IS WITH OUT FORM AN DARKNESS IS UPON THE FACE OF THE
DEPTH OF YOUR SOUL..
GOD WANTS TO
deliver YOU from the power of darkness, and hath translated YOU into the kingdom of his dear Son:
BUT HE WONT VIOLATE YOUR WILL AND FORCE IT UPON YOU...
BUT
LET ME WARN YOU AGAIN ...YOU WILL HAVE HELL TO PAY IF YOU DON'T.
HE IS YOUR SAVIOR NOW...AND OFFERS YOU ETERNAL KIFE WITH HIM...
BUT HE WILL BECOME YOUR JUDGE IF ...YOU REJECT HIS LOVE AND GRACE.
Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Why don't you answer in your "OWN" words what I wrote instead of your continual FEAR MONGERING, and quotes from the bible.

If it doesn't make sense why are you so afraid to say so?

.....again! when was makind created? 8,000 years ago or nearly 1 million years ago?

Shouldn't you know that?

Quit being a woosy and start answering in your own words.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#480528 Oct 6, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is nothing to debate you clearly are fool as you are in forum for debate.
Thanks for showing he thread, the audience reading along you can't defend your faith with reasion logic historical evidence or biblical evidence, thanks for showing your faith your assertions are void of Truth.
God bless
like I told you before, THERE IS NOTHING TO DEBATE! I'm not on this forum to debate something that has been debated already! I don't need to debate "anything" regarding my personal faith and salvation in Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church!.... That is all you bible only fundies have been doing since the Reformation,(trying to debate, refute and discuss) the PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS historically and biblically confirmed One True Apostolic Catholic Church.....That is all you sola scriptura Protestants have "going for you" is to (go around and around in circles) with your (editorialized, BIBLE self-interpretation debates), in your bible only boat of confusion, chaos, and contradiction, hostily beligerantly and verbally attacking the faith of other Christians (especially Catholics!!...... Jesus Christ and HIS On TRUE Universal Catholic Church doesn't have to be debated because it has been verified, validified and confirmed over and over and over again for over 2000 years........ Debating is a "total waste of time"----time better spent in prayer, at Daily Mass, receiving Jesus' TRUE Body and Blood in the Eucharsist, hearing and studying the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, receiving the Sacraments and in the 24 hour adoration prayer....You bible only believers can "waste your time" (debating the bible) with the rest of your other 42,000 self-interpreting (editorialized) bible interpreters, who "don't agree with YOU or each other EITHER!!!...We as Catholics ALREADY, KNOW, BELIEVE, FOLLOW and ADHERE to the TRUTH of the bible and the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ each and every day at Daily Mass, as billions and billions of other Catholics have done for over 2000 years,(who have gone before us, "marked with the sign of faith" in Jesus Christ...... YOU CAN DO AND BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT!!! Our Lord calls each one of us to prayer, each day, for your condemning hearts, minds and souls!!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#480529 Oct 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why waste your time posting about catholicism? Your church has no interest what-so-ever in what women have to say when it comes to church authority. Men Only! make the rules.
If the RCC really! cared about you, they would let you become an equal to the men who run the church, but sadly they won't. You will always be a follower and NEVER allowed to lead.
Young educated women today who demand equality, are not at all like the old school women of your era. Times are changin' and changin' for the better.
Here for your periodic attention fix, I see.

Nope, wrong again, Mikey....lol

http://chirho.me/memes/wp-content/uploads/201...

#480530 Oct 6, 2013
who="Michael"
Genesis
----------
hint!...the sun.

----------

Get real, Michael. Gen. 1:1-4 tells of the separation of day and night on the FIRST day. The sun and moon were formed on the FOURTH day for signs, seasons, and times (calendar).

The Light of the world (Jesus) appeared on the FIRST day. "Let there be light."

How could day and night 'naturally' occur when DARKNESS was upon the face of the deep? You're giving too much credit to the THEORY of evolution. The only Big Bang was when GOD SAID!

KayMarie

Location hidden

#480531 Oct 6, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>if I am misunderstanding you than I am sorry.
Sokay...It happens...

#480532 Oct 6, 2013
who="Michael" The creation of mankind as some claim.
Was it about 8,000 years ago as many christians claim? Was it about 800,000 years ago as many christians claim? If dinasours died off over 65,000,000 years ago then for sure the ONE genesis story is bogus about mankind being created before animals.
No one with any certainty knows, much like what is written in genesis. Stories written by unknown people with an agenda plying their story to a particular audience.
Where does the fiction stop and where does the truth begin..........NOBODY KNOWS!!!! but there are those who believe they do.(lol)

----------
What are you reading? Genesis DOES NOT SAY THAT MANKIND WAS CREATED BEFORE THE ANIMALS...quite the contrary.

If you can show me a calendar that measures years in the millions, you may be on to something!

KayMarie

Location hidden

#480533 Oct 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis
----------
hint!...the sun.
You need help!!!!

The question was and still is: Are you saying you are a descendent of apes????

Location hidden

#480534 Oct 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you did, the rest of us didn't. You will NEVER know for sure. Sorry!
Have no idea what you are prattling about!!!

Location hidden

#480535 Oct 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you sat down and figured out which one of these stories below that you are going with? LOL!
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/acco...
UNBELIEVABLE!

Location hidden

#480536 Oct 6, 2013
sec try..

Deangelo...where art thou???

And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Tell me how much time lapsed from the time Cain left the presence of the Lord, until he knew his wife....

Tell me why a city was required for three people????!!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#480537 Oct 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
like I told you before, THERE IS NOTHING TO DEBATE! I'm not on this forum to debate something that has been debated already! I don't need to debate "anything" regarding my personal faith and salvation in Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church!.... That is all you bible only fundies have been doing since the Reformation,(trying to debate, refute and discuss) the PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christ and HIS historically and biblically confirmed One True Apostolic Catholic Church.....That is all you sola scriptura Protestants have "going for you" is to (go around and around in circles) with your (editorialized, BIBLE self-interpretation debates), in your bible only boat of confusion, chaos, and contradiction, hostily beligerantly and verbally attacking the faith of other Christians (especially Catholics!!...... Jesus Christ and HIS On TRUE Universal Catholic Church doesn't have to be debated because it has been verified, validified and confirmed over and over and over again for over 2000 years........ Debating is a "total waste of time"----time better spent in prayer, at Daily Mass, receiving Jesus' TRUE Body and Blood in the Eucharsist, hearing and studying the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, receiving the Sacraments and in the 24 hour adoration prayer....You bible only believers can "waste your time" (debating the bible) with the rest of your other 42,000 self-interpreting (editorialized) bible interpreters, who "don't agree with YOU or each other EITHER!!!...We as Catholics ALREADY, KNOW, BELIEVE, FOLLOW and ADHERE to the TRUTH of the bible and the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ each and every day at Daily Mass, as billions and billions of other Catholics have done for over 2000 years,(who have gone before us, "marked with the sign of faith" in Jesus Christ...... YOU CAN DO AND BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT!!! Our Lord calls each one of us to prayer, each day, for your condemning hearts, minds and souls!!
HOJO says..........like I told you before, THERE IS NOTHING TO DEBATE! I'm not on this forum to debate something that has been debated already.

MICHAEL says......So! why then are you on this forum? To ridicule those that aren't just like you?

Every mass you go to you recite "we forgive those that trespass against us".........sounds like you have a long way to go before you ever do that.

#480538 Oct 6, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you answer in your "OWN" words what I wrote instead of your continual FEAR MONGERING, and quotes from the bible.
If it doesn't make sense why are you so afraid to say so?
.....again! when was makind created? 8,000 years ago or nearly 1 million years ago?
Shouldn't you know that?
Quit being a woosy and start answering in your own words.
____

LOOK i GIVE YOU WHAT THE GOD SAID IN HIS WORD..

THIS IS WHERE FAITH IN GOD FINDS IS GERMINATED AND BROUGHT TO FRUITION...

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

THE BIBLE SAYS...

Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

Jud 1:23 And others save with fear,

pulling them out of the fire;

hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

You must have faith in God...faith in a church will only confuse you, and give you a false sense of security..

You have already experienced the diapointment from having faith in an earthly religious system..

I want to introduce you to a personal relationship with your

creator...(with out the middle man,(mans religiosity)

that only muddies the waters by their own interpretations RHETORIC THEOLOGY and conjecture.

Jesus words were personal in his dealings with individuals while he was bodily upon the earth...

AND AT NO TIME WAS IT THE SAME WITH ANY INDIVIDUAL THAT HE CALLED.

HE SAID ..

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

He has not changed...He still calls men personally and separates

them unto HIMSELF...

The voice of pleading mercy, Mat_11:28-30. Labor is for active manhood; heavy-laden for suffering, patient womanhood. The invitation is to PERSONALLY commit and submit; to come and to bow under the yoke of the Fatherís will. Submission and obedience are the secrets of the blessed life.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#480539 Oct 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
How can anyone answer? I wasn't there were you?

http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/past-exhibiti...

Just maybe your own DNA is 100% that of chimps. You should check it out? You might be surprised.

Was mankind created about 8,000 years ago as many christians claim or about 800,000 years ago as many christians claim? Shouldn't you know that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican nuncio criticizes Castro regime in Cuba 5 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 12
Christian leaders call for end to US strikes in... Mon James 6
Catholic archbishop in Cuba criticizes government Mon L I G E R 49 7
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 30 ELIAS IBARRA 47
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 28 Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Aug 28 ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••