Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687460 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#480812 Oct 7, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Does a Eucharist Minister have to go to confession before handing out the communion to the people? Also,what does someone have to do to become a Eucharist Minister? I understand that women are allowed to be Eusharist Ministers. What sort of studies and how long does it take to become one.. Thank you
Since I haven't recently been to a Catholic service, I wonder if they use gloves when handling these wafers, like all other food handling service are required to do?

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#480813 Oct 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont know where you are getting your idea from but it sure aint from God.
GOD HATES SIN, THEREFORE HE ISNT GOING TO MAKE A SINFUL PERSON LIKE A HOMOSEXUAL
You are dense.

"GOD HATES SIN."

If "He" does, then why does "He" still allow it to occur?

You are just parroting "Paul" again, huh?

Do you ever take the time to understand what you post before you post it?

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

#480814 Oct 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the Bible cover to cover many many times..
BTW..punctuation marks are part of my language!!!!!!!!!! They accentuate expressions!!!!!!!!!!
Self.

You should try to understand your emotions and how they are not relevant to belief.

But you seem to have a hard time separating the two.

Why?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#480815 Oct 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
sarcasm. Fine .
I'm showing you what was,said to be your teaching ...ONCLUDING WE MAY BE DECENDED FROM OTHER BIOLOGICAL FORMS,OF BEINGS .
FROM what I read today ..John Paul seemed nit to believe this
Just saying ..You sway with the winds of change ..
I believe my friend in eat us taught ..I believe John Paul did nit seem convinced about evolution
I did,NOT SAY GOD DID NOT CREATE,OUR IMAGINARY ancestors .
Try to follow the,POINT of the discussion ..please,
NOT directed to you by the way
I believe God created ADAM AND EVE.AS,IT SAYS,IN SCRIPTURE ....not waiting for them to evolve from anything ....AS YOUR CHURCH evidently
..more,tradition that trumps scripture ....
You guys,seem to worship whatever your Church tells you ..believe whatever changes they make ...convoluted as their explanations are .
Limbo..oh no now no LIMBO ..the poor babies released ???On the words of the CHURCH .. like God waited for the RCC to take them to heaven . Till.the POPE decided
Sigh
I have to agree with Anthony, you're a bigot, Rose. This is one of the most untruthful, bigoted posts I've seen here...and there are plenty to choose from. May God have mercy on your soul.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#480816 Oct 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dense.
"GOD HATES SIN."
If "He" does, then why does "He" still allow it to occur?
You are just parroting "Paul" again, huh?
Do you ever take the time to understand what you post before you post it?
Why don't you believe Jesus?
Let's say a person has a will. Just before they die they re-do the will and make changes. What will is valid?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#480817 Oct 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Praying to Mary???? LOL LOL LOL
And all i said WAS GAY...HOMOSEXUAL PEOPLE GO TO CHURCH.

some to Catholic Church
http://www.newwaysministry.org/GFP.html

I have bonuses,what they preAch .

Just they attend CHURCH..THRY obviously do ..

The website says,Catholic ..NOT ME

If someone is praying for me sincerely..that's nice ..But I doubt it

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480818 Oct 7, 2013
CORRECTION ..I HAVE NO IDEA,WHAT THEY PREACH...I don't go there,..though he name of one looks he same as my old school parish..
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#480819 Oct 7, 2013
Galatians 1:11-12, 11 "For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man’s gospel. 12 For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Who revealed the gospel to Paul? Jesus Himself.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480820 Oct 7, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree with Anthony, you're a bigot, Rose. This is one of the most untruthful, bigoted posts I've seen here...and there are plenty to choose from. May God have mercy on your soul.
Why is it bigoted o say EHAT hat site,says

That I don't agree . Hat one post seemed o say John Paul also
Seemed nit to think we had other biological forms as,ancestors

I have Bern old here your Church teaches evolution ..created by God

I have been called names for believing Genesis. No evolution..

Sorry guys that's on you

It's not true ..I am against the teaching ..is that bigotry ..

But you folks just floor me with zig sagging .

I said before ..your beliefs I've heard from you.

Except what's written

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#480821 Oct 7, 2013
who="Husker Du" What a hate filled thing to say. You really don't understand and this is why I doubt you have ever been Catholic, sorry rosie ole girl, but you just proved my point. You are only on this thread to upset others who are Catholic, nothing more. You are a friendless old lady who has nothing better to do . You *born again* no, not yet, but soon in the future. You adore Blessed Pope John Paul II, he is praying for your soul,and several others are too, because he and others knows how mean you can get.

----------
Shame on you. This person's words prove that she is sincere. She has found that God loves her, and, amazingly, she has not been critical of Catholics. She doesn't deserve to be scolded like this.

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480822 Oct 7, 2013
One more thing

I apologize for seeming to be bigoted .....I'm not

Just really disappointed in things I've learned
From some of he Catholics here

And then researched ...

SOME THINGS you believe like evolution ..I don't

Your FORMER belief in limbo until your CHURCH changed it ..I cannot see how you once adults believed it .

I did as a kid ...literally

That's,what I meant..if the RCC says his is TRYE you believe it ..tradition.

AND NOT TALKING ABOUT OUR SAVIOUR ...we all believe that .

I mean what has changed ..But you all say nothing ee r changes on some things .

So you have to say I was never a Catholics

I respect John Paul for being honest .

But at least a few think he did not mean what he clearly said on a lot of things

It's confusingly disappointing ....And saddening ..

You DON'T get that

There are a lot of things to love about your Church ...

Including the Catholics I know personally and my
family

I really DOn't care anymore if you believe I grew up Catholic ..

I did..But I don't ..

Oh and really...Well never mind .

Keep your opinions ...And insults .

Very lovely
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#480823 Oct 7, 2013
The most bigoted people on this forum are the Roman Catholics who believe they holier than thou.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480825 Oct 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Husker Du" What a hate filled thing to say. You really don't understand and this is why I doubt you have ever been Catholic, sorry rosie ole girl, but you just proved my point. You are only on this thread to upset others who are Catholic, nothing more. You are a friendless old lady who has nothing better to do . You *born again* no, not yet, but soon in the future. You adore Blessed Pope John Paul II, he is praying for your soul,and several others are too, because he and others knows how mean you can get.
----------
Shame on you. This person's words prove that she is sincere. She has found that God loves her, and, amazingly, she has not been critical of Catholics. She doesn't deserve to be scolded like this.
KayMarie
Kay thanks,

Till I came here I honestly thought it was just rituals,
That divided believers of both sides,.

I visit the Catokuc church to pray at times,..TO GOD .

MY family is,Catholic ..

Well my last post says it . The attitude ...And the differences in belief are just really disappointing ..

There is,so much more live shown here ..by CHRISTIANS
Even if we have little differences ..I have seen them put aside in the
Interest of peace ...with Jesus,as our example .

It's,sad it's not universal ..all I can say .

It's,one thing to have differences ...another to personally insult

GOD BLESS both of you

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#480826 Oct 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the Bible cover to cover many many times..
BTW..punctuation marks are part of my language!!!!!!!!!! They accentuate expressions!!!!!!!!!!
Yes...very childishly.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#480827 Oct 7, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>What a hate filled thing to say. You really don't understand and this is why I doubt you have ever been Catholic, sorry rosie ole girl, but you just proved my point. You are only on this thread to upset others who are Catholic, nothing more.You are a friendless old lady who has nothing better to do . You *born again* no, not yet, but soon in the future. You adore Blessed Pope John Paul II, he is praying for your soul,and several others are too, because he and others knows how mean you can get.
excuse me? Rose is not friendless. She has many friends and I will say Nick and I are proud to be a friend to her.We differ on faith but we respect each other as a person.You see,respect is a two way street.If you want it, you got to give it....leave out the personal attacks to start with.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#480829 Oct 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="hojo"
Nice to have you back KayMarie after your (extended) illness! Hope your doing well in your recovery, as I know that your faith in Jesus Christ is keeping you "uplifted every day"!!
The official teaching of the Catholic Church is the belief in "Sola Verbum Dei" (the Word of God alone) This Word comes from Christ and the Apostles through "both" the written and the oral (unwritten) tradition (2 Thess 2:15) which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus builds upon the rock of Peter (Matt 16:18,19 and I Tim 3:15 which is the ineffable wisdom of God that is made known through His Church (Eph. 3:9-10.....Continual healing to you KayMarie and Gods Blessing to you and your family!!!
----------
Nice post, hojo. Thank you.
Jesus certainly is keeping me. Did you know that 'victory' is part of the meaning of the word 'salvation' in Hebrew, and the Hebrew word for salvation is Yeshua (Jesus in English)?
We are not opposed to oral teachings...it is just that they must agree with the written Word. I have approximately 5,000 books, and there is much 'good' in them. But as you know, many people write books that are opposed to the Truth.
KayMarie
Thanks KayMarie!....Just to expand on the "oral teachings/written word" controversy, in 2 Thess 2:15 Paul commands the faithful to obey tradition, whether it is oral or written (he never says written alone and never repeals this command anywhere in Scripture. In addition, "nowhere" in the bible does it say that oral tradition MUST be faithful to Holy (written) Scripture. This is because Scripture IS TRADITION!!!!!!!! As we see in 2 Thess 2:15 Tradition is "not limited" to (only) what is written. It also includes the oral teachings of the Apostles which were proclaimed in the Early Churches beginning at Antioch, Ephesius, Galatia, Thessalonica, Corinth, etc. 350 years before the bible was written in 397AD. Hope this clarifies the Catholic Churches position.
God Bless!!

Location hidden

#480830 Oct 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
You should try to understand your emotions and how they are not relevant to belief.
But you seem to have a hard time separating the two.
Why?
You are not only not on the same page...you are not even in the same book!!!!

Location hidden

#480831 Oct 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...very childishly.
Then that makes you childish...you use punctuation marks!!!!!!

Location hidden

#480832 Oct 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks KayMarie!....Just to expand on the "oral teachings/written word" controversy, in 2 Thess 2:15 Paul commands the faithful to obey tradition, whether it is oral or written (he never says written alone and never repeals this command anywhere in Scripture. In addition, "nowhere" in the bible does it say that oral tradition MUST be faithful to Holy (written) Scripture. This is because Scripture IS TRADITION!!!!!!!! As we see in 2 Thess 2:15 Tradition is "not limited" to (only) what is written. It also includes the oral teachings of the Apostles which were proclaimed in the Early Churches beginning at Antioch, Ephesius, Galatia, Thessalonica, Corinth, etc. 350 years before the bible was written in 397AD. Hope this clarifies the Catholic Churches position.
God Bless!!
Clay, Herme, Hojo and ReginaM are actually arguing, and know not that they are, that the Catholics are following the Jewish traditionary law...ordinance!!!!!!

Halakhah: Jewish Law
The root of the Hebrew term used to refer to Jewish law, halakhah, means "go" or "walk." Halakhah, then, is the "way" a Jew is directed to behave in every aspect of life, encompassing civil, criminal, and religious law.

The foundation of Judaism is the Torah (the first five books of the Hebrew Bible, sometimes referred to as “the Five Books of Moses”).

"Torah" means "instruction" or "teaching," and like all teaching it requires interpretation and application. Jewish tradition teaches that Moses received the Torah from God at Mount Sinai. The Torah is replete with instructions, directives, statutes, laws, and rules. Most are directed to the Israelites, some to all humanity.

Anybody ever know a Catholic that behaved as a Jew in every aspect of life, encompassing civil, criminal, and religious law...per the Torah????

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#480834 Oct 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it bigoted o say EHAT hat site,says
That I don't agree . Hat one post seemed o say John Paul also
Seemed nit to think we had other biological forms as,ancestors
I have Bern old here your Church teaches evolution ..created by God
I have been called names for believing Genesis. No evolution..
Sorry guys that's on you
It's not true ..I am against the teaching ..is that bigotry ..
But you folks just floor me with zig sagging .
I said before ..your beliefs I've heard from you.
Except what's written
Rose,it is best to ignore them than to argue with them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 22 Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web